Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (546) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1024412 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 4:35pm On Feb 26, 2020
Damn!! Thats a while... It shall end in praise..

peaceful22:
As for me its been 26 days after passport submission and no update. The delay is crazy.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 4:37pm On Feb 26, 2020
I've never been able to access my DM.. dont know how to go about it.. I'll respond here too if you dont mind.

Deku04:
@glasses1 please i just sent you a dm kindly check, thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ramobiojo: 4:39pm On Feb 26, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for having this educative page.

Please I need clarification on how to apply for my Canadian Study Visa.

I intend to travel with my baby of 6 months old and an accompanying relative (my mother-in-law).

My sponsor is my Mother-in-law's younger brother. Please how much do funds is needed to prove adequate financial support. Also, can I add my boss as my second sponsor to boost the financial aspect.

Also, is it advisable to apply for the visas together or I should apply for my MIL separately since she doesn't have an international passport yet.

Lastly, should I apply online or do paper application.

Please your assistance would be very helpful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kweenoma001: 4:43pm On Feb 26, 2020
kweenoma001:

gd evening, please i am a registered nurse..... i graduated from school of nursing and i want to do my BSN in canada... plz i need help and direction, which school is the best and how do i go about the whole thing.... please help
please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ChristyC: 4:46pm On Feb 26, 2020
Hey ThowLou,

Congratulations to your sibling. Please permit me to ask you this,

1. When did they give him/er this admission i mean which day is it today 26/02/2020,
2. Did they ask him/er to pay part of the tuition to be able to accept the admission,
3. When did he/er submit his/er application and uploaded Document?
I am asking cos i applied to the School for MSc Computer Science and i am yet to get response from them.....should be worried or something?

ThowLou:
Good day all, my sibling just got an admission to University of Saskatchewan. Will anyone be kind enough to direct me to the necessary links to guide on how to fill his forms properly? He’s already started filling out his application. What other documents do we need to provide? Can I possibly get a sample statement of purpose. What do we need to be mindful of as he fills his documents. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kweenoma001: 4:55pm On Feb 26, 2020
Obehi44:

It appears you didn’t include your personal SOA
therefore “sufficient and available financial resources” refusal reason. So do the needful.
Honestly going by the documents list you have here, your home tie is not strong enough. Work on that too.
I wish you luck
gd evening, please i am a registered nurse..... i graduated from school of
nursing and i want to do my BSN in canada... plz i need help and direction,
which school is the best and how do i go about the whole thing.... please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 4:58pm On Feb 26, 2020
Glasses1:
I've never been able to access my DM.. dont know how to go about it.. I'll respond here too if you dont mind.

Check the email you opened nairaland with.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kweenoma001: 5:01pm On Feb 26, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Arebanmenjoy,

Ensure that you have filled all required fields and that you're using the recent version of the Adobe Reader - 10 or higher.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 5:15pm On Feb 26, 2020
Lovedavid:

Okay thank you for the reponse...
Please talking about my personal SOA I am a commission earner and my basic salary is #40,000 naira. That was why I didn't add it to my application and also I just started work September. What should be done?

Please what documents do you think I should add to tackle home ties sir?

Thank you so much for your time

First advise get your GCMS.
2nd don’t rush to reapply.(Speaking from experience)

Now to the issue at hand.
Honestly, in other to eliminate that insufficient funds, you will have to get money into your account somehow. Or if possible, let your sponsor pay in the LE into your account and both of you will explain it in your letters respectively. That will show some level of commitment from your sponsor and also increase the money in your account.

Just your siblings birthday certificates and your father’s land is not good enough. I will suggest you scan through this thread, it has been mentioned severally here “how to tackle home ties” even somewhere in my post.

I wish you luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 5:17pm On Feb 26, 2020
ramobiojo:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for having this educative page.

Please I need clarification on how to apply for my Canadian Study Visa.

I intend to travel with my baby of 6 months old and an accompanying relative (my mother-in-law).

My sponsor is my Mother-in-law's younger brother. Please how much do funds is needed to prove adequate financial support. Also, can I add my boss as my second sponsor to boost the financial aspect.

Also, is it advisable to apply for the visas together or I should apply for my MIL separately since she doesn't have an international passport yet.

Lastly, should I apply online or do paper application.

Please your assistance would be very helpful. My email address is ramobiojo@gmail.com.
Hello, I am glad you're seeking clarifications regarding your study visa process. Stating you want to travel with your child and mother in law totally defeats your main intention to go and study on the part of the visa officer. It show's you're using the study route to immigrate to Canada hence, "Purpose of Visit". The advice I'll give you is apply for a program for let's say January 2021 or May2021, by the grace of God your child will be 1yr old by then. You can then proceed with the study visa and when you get to Canada, your mother in law can apply for a visit visa using your status.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 5:21pm On Feb 26, 2020
Blema111:

With all these delays after passport submission, I would prefer paper.
Lol
Na who come tell you say paper route no get him own for body?

The truth is that there is only one significant advantage or disadvantage as the case maybe and that is as regards submitted documents.
Aside that, none of the two route has any significant advantage to approving a visa.
Check with some people(paper route)who had or are still having issues with their passport delay.

Meanwhile, what’s up with you and your app or visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 5:22pm On Feb 26, 2020
vinz0499:
Good morning house, I applied for study visa in Oct 2019 but was rejected on Basis of Home tie and Purpose of visit
Details of my application includes
Admission to Fanshawe to Study Agri- business management a Certificate course for 1 year
I studied Agriculture Technology as first degree,
I have a published research work in an international journal and several online courses and offline management courses which i included
I am 29 years old, with i Job where I earn 210k Naira monthly.
My sponsor is my Uncle who lives in the US, he presented Statement his account and title deeds to house in the US, his passport and sponsorship affidavit.
I paid half of the school fees before visa application.
I had 2M Naira savings
Have 2 different landed property in my name which I attached to them. And they still denied,
I am planning to reapply, guys please what approach do I use this time?
Sorry about the refusal. The number one issue here is the *Certificate program" you applied for. You should be looking at a post graduate study program. That will show more progress in your studies and give your application a better foundation. Also what did you submit regarding tour employment in Nigeria. Age factor, personal asset & financial status, your ties with your sponsor can also be a possible factor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 5:25pm On Feb 26, 2020
Evans0503:
Good day everyone ...am new here..am done with sch here in Nigeria..I studied biochemistry..pls i hv the dream of coming to Canada to work... Pls how will i start the visa processing?..am scared of scammers that's y i was recommend to come over here for good information..and how much is really involve ?
Hello and welcome. To begin with try and cover the forum to boost your ideas and get inspirations. Secondly, put together your education credentials ( Original waec certificate, bsc degree, bsc transcript etc) and try applying for POST GRADUATE PROGRAMS. google your choice of program and you'll definitely find something. From there you can proceed to getting a sponsor and other essential parts of the process.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 5:27pm On Feb 26, 2020
Obehi44:

Lol
Na who come tell you say paper route no get him own for body?

The truth is that there is only one significant advantage or disadvantage as the case maybe and that is as regards submitted documents.
Aside that, none of the two route has any significant advantage to approving a visa.
Check with some people(paper route)who had or are still having issues with their passport delay.

Meanwhile, what’s up with you and your app or visa?

You don’t get my point. I’m talking about after visa approval. For paper, you get your immediately while for online, it takes another period of time because you would have to submit your passport for stamping and all that. I’m not talking about any process or whatever. I’m referring to after approval of visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 5:54pm On Feb 26, 2020
kweenoma001:

Hello Kweenoma001,

Almost all schools are good in Canada. Trust me, you will get wider suggestions and guide from google for school search. You can as well begin by checking University of Manitoba.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 5:54pm On Feb 26, 2020
Dear All,

Many of these questions that are being asked here has been answered countless times. If we take our time to read through the thread, almost all the answers are there waiting to be explored. Endeavour to read through before asking questions.

One love!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by lilllly(m): 6:07pm On Feb 26, 2020
Some schools ask that your final 2 years in your undergraduate degree ought to be high. I had a 2.2 but my last 2 years were really high, so no hope for me still?
I had already paid application fee for one school cry, so it’s to be expecting admission refusal now

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by yemdogg: 6:39pm On Feb 26, 2020
Wow this thread is in part 16 now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 6:50pm On Feb 26, 2020
Oh.. no wonder I dont see anything... cant even rem the email I used to open it...

Stevenssen:

Check the email you opened nairaland with.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vickyehi: 7:45pm On Feb 26, 2020
vibrant99:
How many years have you lived in Canada?

I don't think you understand what i am trying to say... -35 isn't and will never be a normal day like everyday of your life in Canada!

Have you ever been to Siberia ? I was opportune to have visited Siberia at -27, It was a shut down. where will the bus that you ride pass through?

Unless the bus has some packer in front of it, what is my point? Life cannot be the same and as normal as it should be.

If you are a Nurse and prefer to practice in Canada doesn't mean it is better there, if you had a better option you would have moved, leave matter for Mathias.

Smh shocked shocked shocked

Bro, the point here is that the definition of an extreme weather is dependent on what that community is accustomed to.

For example, Texas received 2 inches of snow and it was more than they had ever gotten in more than 20years. The city had to shut down over 2inches of snow.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/3904850/texas-louisiana-snow-weather-shut-down/amp/

A canadian would generally laugh over that news because we are accustomed to functioning with snow fall Greater than that. It would take more than 2inches to lock down manitoba.

Towards the end of 2019,most of manitoba had a snow fall of more than 20 to 40 cm. Some places got 60cm of snow.
Now, this was a snow fall that halted most movements in the city that day. I still had to go to work though grin, but only those with trucks dared the roads. The highways were shut down for about a day and half while they cleared them up.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/manitoba-snowstorm

Point is that "normal" is relative.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Janeakpan: 7:46pm On Feb 26, 2020
jubrilx:
You are safe. Canada does not share information with China, so there is no way they will find out. If it was US, they would have found out.
Thanks you just saved me a couple of weeks of needless worry.
Now I will worry about getting the visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vickyehi: 7:50pm On Feb 26, 2020
sim2003:

How do I prove that I have a son as a single man in my next application? That was the reason I didnt include him initially. Help, the program starts in May
They didnt ask you to prove anything. They only said include the name of all your dependents. You may probably want to thread with caution as this could be grounds for misrepresentation.
Except a case where the father just recently became aware that he has a son for the first time since his last application. Meaning if the child is a recent information to you, then it isnt misrepresentation, but if you knew and suppressed that information in your previous application, it is misrepresentation.

Ignorance of the law isn't an excuse

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vickyehi: 7:55pm On Feb 26, 2020
sim2003:

Firstly, my sister works as a medical worker in UK. She paid the tuition fee from there backing it up with sponsorship letter telling them that the fund in her statement of account would-be replenished throughout the academic year. The programme is just a year graduate diploma in project management. I had my first degree in civil engineering since It was almost 10 years I graduated, that was why I opted for a diploma course.

Secondly, my son lives with the family of his mother but he visits me once in a while. Besides he is only 7 yrs old. My plan is to take him home after I get married next year. That was the reason I didnt include my fiancee and him. Please how do I address that in my new application cos I m confused
Being a fiancee isnt a marital status. That means that there is no place in an immigration application to indicate the seriousness of a relationship except you are married or in a common law situation.
Not claiming your son the first time around, may mean that you can NEVER claim him again as your child except you try to fix it now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vickyehi: 8:09pm On Feb 26, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vickyehi: 8:11pm On Feb 26, 2020
kweenoma001:

hello good evening, am new here, am a registered nurse and i graduated from school of nursing..... i want to apply for my BSN.. please how do i go about it and which school is best for me.
You can apply to any school within the country. Your choice of school would depend on how much you can afford for tuition. You can look into schools like
University of Alberta
University of regina
Brandon university
University of manitoba
University of Winnipeg.......etc , or type "10 cheapest schools in canada" into google search engine and work your way down.

Although the schools may require you to send your SON transcript, admission would be equivalent to that of a high school graduate. None of your previous courses would transfer over.
Word of advice:
Write and pass your ielts academic, pass the CBT exams and move to the UK to work. It is a surer process and would take you less than 6mths. Start salary for most NHS jobs is 20-25k pounds yearly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Lovedavid(m): 8:11pm On Feb 26, 2020
Blema111:

Like how old are you?

27 years old this year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 8:14pm On Feb 26, 2020
yemdogg:
Wow this thread is in part 16 now
Great to see you here again bro. It's been ages
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Pseermuhel(m): 8:19pm On Feb 26, 2020
Good evening guys. Please I need your help on this

I submitted my application through paper route January 20, 2020, after which my upfront medical was updated to pass January 27, 2020.

Since then, I've not received any mail or message from IRCC.

Just want to know if there is no issue with the application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vickyehi: 8:21pm On Feb 26, 2020
Pseermuhel:
Good evening guys. Please I need your help on this

I submitted my application through paper route January 20, 2020, after which my upfront medical was updated to pass January 27, 2020.

Since then, I've not received any mail or message from IRCC.

Just want to know if there is no issue with the application.

So far so good. Just have some patience and hope for the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SoniaBillion: 8:31pm On Feb 26, 2020
how expensive can the tution fee be for Canadian university
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Damilare68: 9:17pm On Feb 26, 2020
Good day everyone. I have been following this thread from its earliest pages. However, I need help with a particular question. I got a PhD admission @Concordia with funding that covers everything for all the duration of the program.

Please I need to know if I still need to submit proof of funding aside what the school is providing, and if so, how much am I looking at, since I wouldn't need to show proof of having tuition or living expenses (except for flight and settling expenses) since it is all covered by the school.

I need to know because I have been racking My head for where money will come from.

Please help!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by CreamRoyale(m): 10:20pm On Feb 26, 2020
Greetings to you on this forum have been following this threads from the earliest. I made my study permit application, but unfortunately I got rejected.
Below are my Application information and package.

Applied from France Paris (online) : 12th February 2020.
Biometric done in Paris : 18th February 2020.
Refusal message: 21st February 2020.
Submitted documents
1. CIC forms
2. Admission letter and confirmation deposit
3. International passport with visa stamps
4. Police report, birth certificate , bank statements,
5. Letter of explanation stating my career goals
Reasons for refusal stated: I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay based on the purpose of your visit.
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

Please guys, I need your contribution on how to tackle this and fire back my application.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.