Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (544) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1025224 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Fatkideric: 8:08pm On Feb 24, 2020
Hello guys,

Please I am having difficulty linking my paper route account to Cic.

Is it necessary to link it or I should just be waiting through as they send messages via email?

Has anyone who used paper route and not linked but got messages through mail only?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Gninea: 8:52pm On Feb 24, 2020
It depends on the number of the refusal reasons pointed out by the VO. If its maybe 1 or 2, you can decide to address them in one letter. However, you can use the SOP to tell the VO about your study intention and the LOE to address the refusal reasons.

All the best[/quote]
Please one more question if you don’t mind..would I need to fill a form to submit alongside my documents?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Deejah20: 9:58pm On Feb 24, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Deejah20,

Why not get firsthand info from the school by sending them an email. They will advise you better.

All the best
Thanks for answering me. I already sent them an email but there is no response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by whytey: 11:31pm On Feb 24, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Fatkideric: 6:15am On Feb 25, 2020
Fatkideric:
Hello guys,

Please I am having difficulty linking my paper route account to Cic.

Is it necessary to link it or I should just be waiting through as they send messages via email?

Has anyone who used paper route and not linked but got messages through mail only?

Please can someone answer this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 6:25am On Feb 25, 2020
Fatkideric:

Please can someone answer this?

LINKING YOUR PAPER APPLICATION ONLINE

Steps to link your Study permit paper application online;

1) Go to this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
2) Select: continue to Gckey
3)Select: Sign up on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
4)After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
5)Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study permit and extension.
6)Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option.
7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth.
cool Next in applicant personal info fill passport information only OR. fill the city and country of birth.
9) Fill program start and end date as well as DLI number of the institution (found in offer letter)
10) Your application will be found and can be linked.

The step by step guide above was written by Frankrobbn1

The advantage of linking your application is that it helps you get real time updates on your paper application. The choice is yours if you want to link it or not but I think it is better you do.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ibuchim101(m): 7:14am On Feb 25, 2020
Good morning house, after my first study visa rejection earlier this month, I am gathering my documents to reapply. I have modified my SOP a little bit to be even better presented. However, I need help with the LOE. I can’t find any formats online and I need help with it. Please can the gurus here help guide me on how to draft an LOE? Also, the reasons for rejection were basically, they are not convinced I will return to my country after my studies in Canada. I need help addressing this issue. Please assist and God will bless you.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Gninea: 8:16am On Feb 25, 2020
Person when dy ask questions no dy miss road. Hence, I ask......I have 4million in my account(but no asset or property) my uncle already did a transfer of 10k Canadian dollars to an account in Canada for me...my uncles current account balance is 300k naira( with assets and property).who is in the best place to be the sponsor, me or my uncle?? Please help me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stolidp(f): 9:04am On Feb 25, 2020
please is it possible to get a visa when one is self employed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 11:43am On Feb 25, 2020
Gninea:
Person when dy ask questions no dy miss road. Hence, I ask......I have 4million in my account(but no asset or property) my uncle already did a transfer of 10k Canadian dollars to an account in Canada for me...my uncles current account balance is 300k naira( with assets and property).who is in the best place to be the sponsor, me or my uncle?? Please help me.
Let your uncle be the main sponsor, while you the co-sponsor. Him paying the 10k is a big commitment and his assets and source of income will go a long way to convincing the vo he will be able to pay beyond the first year of your program (I want to believe your program is more than a year).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Onweke: 12:21pm On Feb 25, 2020
Good day great people.

Will visa officer accepts my mum's pension account of 10 million for purpose of settlement fund?
I already have paid my school fees. Should i add my cousin's (same surname) statement of account as co sponsor ( 5 million) ?

I need your kindest advice.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Gninea: 12:33pm On Feb 25, 2020
mcobex:
Let your uncle be the main sponsor, while you the co-sponsor. Him paying the 10k is a big commitment and his assets and source of income will go a long way to convincing the vo he will be able to pay beyond the first year of your program (I want to believe your program is more than a year).

Thanks very much....it’s a one year program and am also considering the fact that his Acct balance currently is low at 300k
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 2:52pm On Feb 25, 2020
Gninea:

Thanks very much....it’s a one year program and am also considering the fact that his Acct balance currently is low at 300k
It won't affect your app since he has paid for your upkeep and it is a one year program. The 300k isn't bad as long as he has a source of income (salary or business) to sustain himself and his other dependants while you are away.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by demure178(m): 3:49pm On Feb 25, 2020
For first application, is LOE IMPORTANT?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 4:46pm On Feb 25, 2020
demure178:
For first application, is LOE IMPORTANT?

Letter of explanation
This letter helps the visa officer to understand you and your goals. It explains

-Why you want to study in Canada and
-That you understand your responsibilities as a student

You should include this letter if you decide to apply for a study permit, even if you don’t have to get a study permit for your program.

source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html#doc4

For first application, not really compulsory and so many people have had their applications approved without LOE. However, you should include your SOP to show your study plans.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Janeakpan: 7:02pm On Feb 25, 2020
I have always known of this nairaland forum but I have not gone through this thread before.
I need serious advice guys concerning my application which was lodged yesterday at the vfs office in lekki. My form was filled by an agent and I didn't bother to go through the content ( not my smartest decision).
So on going through this thread today I discovered that there is a section where you have to fill if you have been denied visa previously. And that is a positive in my case, Chinese Study Visa.
Is there anything I can do to remedy the situation . Advice please everyone contribute.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jubrilx: 7:32pm On Feb 25, 2020
Janeakpan:
I have always known of this nairaland forum but I have not gone through this thread before.
I need serious advice guys concerning my application which was lodged yesterday at the vfs office in lekki. My form was filled by an agent and I didn't bother to go through the content ( not my smartest decision).
So on going through this thread today I discovered that there is a section where you have to fill if you have been denied visa previously. And that is a positive in my case, Chinese Study Visa.
Is there anything I can do to remedy the situation . Advice please everyone contribute.
You are safe. Canada does not share information with China, so there is no way they will find out. If it was US, they would have found out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SetZ(m): 7:38pm On Feb 25, 2020
jubrilx:
You are safe. Canada does not share information with China, so there is no way they will find out. If it was US, they would have found out.

Hi please I have a friend with similar case he was previously denied study in Canada but did not thick the appropriate option but he mentioned it in his sop and loe would or can the mistake be over looked
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by maxwelldexter: 7:58pm On Feb 25, 2020
tba11:

My agent, told me that it is a requirement for study visa in Canada. That I will have to go to Abuja to authenticate my documents in the ministry of education and foreign affairs, which I did.
please contact me via this email I want you to enquire from you on how to AUTHENTICATE my documents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by demure178(m): 10:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
Please, this is my first application. To upload a police report. How would I go about it? I.didnt see a section for police report. And also a reference letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Gninea: 10:21pm On Feb 25, 2020
mcobex:
It won't affect your app since he has paid for your upkeep and it is a one year program. The 300k isn't bad as long as he has a source of income (salary or business) to sustain himself and his other dependants while you are away.
Please be patient with me...I still have a question..can I have 2 cosponsors..my brother in Canada wants to give the 10k Canadian dollars then my uncle in Nigeria who has assets and property....then I have about 4million in my account but no property...I hope am not sounding confused...then would I need to fill a form b4 submitting the visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Gninea: 10:21pm On Feb 25, 2020
demure178:
Please, this is my first application. To upload a police report. How would I go about it? I.didnt see a section for police report. And also a reference letter
Please how did you get your police report?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Zika123: 10:27pm On Feb 25, 2020
I was denied US study visa last year,I just hope am safe here. Please someone help me out with advice or idea
jubrilx:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Omokas2: 11:21pm On Feb 25, 2020
IamR:
Oga Frankrobbn1, Makano et al, please how can we withdraw an application, the conference my brother wanted to attend has already started and review of eligibility has not started?
Sorry this is not a study visa application.

good day gurus in the house,am a silent reader of the wonderful forum,i applied for LMIA close work permit,after 5months of waiting i got letter of additional documents.pls FRANKROBNN1, read and explain if possible can i get your direct contact?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kweenoma001: 11:36pm On Feb 25, 2020
ndoeyopbennet:

Thanks bro. Your chances of admission for a PhD are dependent on various factors including:

1. Your grade of graduation for both first and second degrees
2. Your proposal or statement of program. Make sure you write a convincing proposal with a standard working bibliography. Don't dwell too much on personal stories (only Masters applicants may need such stories). Simply connect your research to Canada and establish why the school you are applying to is the best option.
3. Support of staff. You may need to mail at least two or three professors in the department and introduce yourself and your research.
4. Your experience as a researcher or teacher
gd evening, please i am a registered nurse..... i graduated from school of nursing and i want to do my BSN in canada... plz i need help and direction, which school is the best and how do i go about the whole thing.... please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kweenoma001: 11:50pm On Feb 25, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Deejah20,

Why not get firsthand info from the school by sending them an email. They will advise you better.

All the best
hello good evening, am new here, am a registered nurse and i graduated from school of nursing..... i want to apply for my BSN.. please how do i go about it and which school is best for me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 12:01am On Feb 26, 2020
Gninea:

Text me and I'll give you the location in Lagos.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by demure178(m): 12:02am On Feb 26, 2020
Gninea:

By going to the police station. To get a character report for immigration
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by demure178(m): 12:02am On Feb 26, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mojjisola: 12:12am On Feb 26, 2020
Student Visa comes out how many weeks after biometric

(1) (2) (3) ... (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.