Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,664 members, 7,809,513 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (547) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1018362 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jollyfellow10: 10:33pm On Feb 26, 2020
Please anyone attending Fanshawe college.?Need some information. Presently in canada and planning on taking a program by september
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Fatkideric: 11:23pm On Feb 26, 2020
Pseermuhel:
Good evening guys. Please I need your help on this

I submitted my application through paper route January 20, 2020, after which my upfront medical was updated to pass January 27, 2020.

Since then, I've not received any mail or message from IRCC.

Just want to know if there is no issue with the application.

Please bro. Can you educate me on how you linked your paper application online? Mine has been showing unsuccessful and no records found and I have gotten medical request but I just want to track progress.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 11:57pm On Feb 26, 2020
Glasses1:
Oh.. no wonder I dont see anything... cant even rem the email I used to open it...

click 'edit profile' at the top. You'll see the email on your profile
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 11:57pm On Feb 26, 2020
yemdogg:
Wow this thread is in part 16 now
Thread legend
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Evabanks: 12:10am On Feb 27, 2020
lilllly:
Some schools ask that your final 2 years in your undergraduate degree ought to be high. I had a 2.2 but my last 2 years were really high, so no hope for me still?
I had already paid application fee for one school cry, so it’s to be expecting admission refusal now
Try University of Regina, Royal roads university etc. if you had a high GPA in your last 2 years of university, all you need to do is package your application well, especially your SOP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 12:58am On Feb 27, 2020
Seen..wow! Dont have access to that email again... changed it already.. thanks for the info..

Stevenssen:

click 'edit profile' at the top. You'll see the email on your profile
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by CreamRoyale(m): 2:27am On Feb 27, 2020
CreamRoyale:
Greetings to you on this forum have been following this threads from the earliest. I made my study permit application, but unfortunately I got rejected.
Below are my Application information and package.

Applied from France Paris (online) : 12th February 2020.
Biometric done in Paris : 18th February 2020.
Refusal message: 21st February 2020.
Submitted documents
1. CIC forms
2. Admission letter and confirmation deposit
3. International passport with visa stamps
4. Police report, birth certificate , bank statements,
5. Letter of explanation stating my career goals
Reasons for refusal stated: I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay based on the purpose of your visit.
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

Please guys, I need your contribution on how to tackle this and fire back my application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 3:14am On Feb 27, 2020
Jollyfellow10:
Please anyone attending Fanshawe college.?Need some information. Presently in canada and planning on taking a program by september

What do you need to know?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ralfudoh(m): 8:57am On Feb 27, 2020
yemdogg:
Wow this thread is in part 16 now
Guru from day one. Only few here will know. Longest time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oyinlove15: 9:24am On Feb 27, 2020
Can you check for frankrobbn posts here you will see where he spoke about how to link your paper application. That's where I got how to do mine for my previous application.
Fatkideric:

Please bro. Can you educate me on how you linked your paper application online? Mine has been showing unsuccessful and no records found and I have gotten medical request but I just want to track progress.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by fratermathy(m): 9:42am On Feb 27, 2020
Damilare68:
Good day everyone. I have been following this thread from its earliest pages. However, I need help with a particular question. I got a PhD admission @Concordia with funding that covers everything for all the duration of the program.

Please I need to know if I still need to submit proof of funding aside what the school is providing, and if so, how much am I looking at, since I wouldn't need to show proof of having tuition or living expenses (except for flight and settling expenses) since it is all covered by the school.

I need to know because I have been racking My head for where money will come from.

Please help!

You should attach your statement of account even if you have only N50 inside. Since you have funding, your application will be straightforward. However, if you are married or have dependents in Nigeria, you have to show proof that they'll be taken care of in your absence and if they're going with you, you should provide additional proof that you can take care of them there.

Congrats on your admission though. I'm also going to Montreal for a funded PhD. Have you applied for your CAQ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by lilllly(m): 9:45am On Feb 27, 2020
Okay. Thank you.
I have tried Manitoba and Queens too

Evabanks:

Try University of Regina, Royal roads university etc. if you had a high GPA in your last 2 years of university, all you need to do is package your application well, especially your SOP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Evabanks: 10:14am On Feb 27, 2020
lilllly:
Okay. Thank you. I have tried Manitoba and Queens too
what program do you intend applying for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by coscj(m): 11:05am On Feb 27, 2020
Can one use an affidavit in a case where the their WAEC date of birth was wrongly stated?
Does it affect visa application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by lilllly(m): 11:06am On Feb 27, 2020
Chemical Engineering
Evabanks:

what program do you intend applying for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Evabanks: 11:51am On Feb 27, 2020
lilllly:
Chemical Engineering
send a PM.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Damilare68: 12:10pm On Feb 27, 2020
fratermathy:

You should attach your statement of account even if you have only N50 inside. Since you have funding, your application will be straightforward. However, if you are married or have dependents in Nigeria, you have to show proof that they'll be taken care of in your absence and if they're going with you, you should provide additional proof that you can take care of them there.

Congrats on your admission though. I'm also going to Montreal for a funded PhD. Have you applied for your CAQ?

I plan to soon. I just to know I have to do that a few days ago. Is there anyway we can communicate more personally, as I would need all the help I can get. This is quite new to me too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Damilare68: 12:12pm On Feb 27, 2020
Damilare68:

I plan to soon. I just to know I have to do that a few days ago. Is there anyway we can communicate more personally, as I would need all the help I can get. This is quite new to me too.

I do not have dependents, neither am I married. Na only me and my God. I was just confused seeing people talking about showing proof of payment of all sorts even with full funding. I thought if I could show that I have the amount for round trip air fare and settling expenses in my account and add that to my funding offer that I should be good.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 12:25pm On Feb 27, 2020
SoniaBillion:
how expensive can the tution fee be for Canadian university
You people should stop asking some certain questions here, if you can't do simple research yourself then you have no business studying in Canada. Why wait for others to do a simple research on tuition fee and schools in Canada when a simple Google search will give you what you want?
All I see here is people asking repeated questions and questions that can easily be gotten themselves online.
NB: @All, please we should stop encouraging people who come here to ask repeated questions by referring or asking them to read previous pages(it is not too much for someone who intends to study).

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sim2003: 1:33pm On Feb 27, 2020
vickyehi:

Being a fiancee isnt a marital status. That means that there is no place in an immigration application to indicate the seriousness of a relationship except you are married or in a common law situation.
Not claiming your son the first time around, may mean that you can NEVER claim him again as your child except you try to fix it now.

Thanks sir. How do I fix it now? Can I address it in my letter of explanation with my son birth certificate and court affidavits now?- Please, how do I go about it now? I wanna reapply this month again after fixing the errors.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sarmamotors: 2:08pm On Feb 27, 2020
Hello Guys, in reapplication do u submit all documents previously submitted before?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kaycevit: 2:37pm On Feb 27, 2020
sarmamotors:
I just got a message this morning from vfs office that passport has been dispatched from ircc office.I know it's a refusal because no Medical request at all. But the problem now is that I haven't got refusal mail yet. What do I do? So I can tackle the refusal.And what do I do to get the mail?
have u gotten d refusal mail yet?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olori1dental(f): 3:48pm On Feb 27, 2020
Greetings all
I read there is a new visa pilot for Nigeria students that aimed at reducing visa processing for Nigeria students to about 20days or less.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by portablesuzy: 4:10pm On Feb 27, 2020
pls house how do i get the Birth certificate from NATIONAL POPULATION COMMISION
and any one who has someone to assist with the police character in Alagbon thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by samoji84(m): 5:32pm On Feb 27, 2020
Hi, You can get Birth Certificate in most local government.
Usually National Population Commission are domiciled within. For police Police character in Alagbon, you can just walk in and request.
portablesuzy:
pls house how do i get the Birth certificate from NATIONAL POPULATION COMMISION
and any one who has someone to assist with the police character in Alagbon thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Adetunji001(m): 5:48pm On Feb 27, 2020
I want to appreciate everyone here for keeping this thread going. A quick question please :

If i get a one (1) year masters degree admission. What are the chances of getting a PR after graduation?

PS: i already made some findings online but not too sure as the results were contradicting, hence the reason for asking this in this platform 'cos we've got knowledgeable and experienced minds on here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kweenoma001: 6:31pm On Feb 27, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Kweenoma001,

Almost all schools are good in Canada. Trust me, you will get wider suggestions and guide from google for school search. You can as well begin by checking University of Manitoba.

All the best.
please i will like to chat u on whatsapp.... am looking at university of alberta and university of northern British columbia. please pm me ur whatsapp number
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 7:13pm On Feb 27, 2020
Adetunji001:
I want to appreciate everyone here for keeping this thread going. A quick question please :

If i get a one (1) year masters degree admission. What are the chances of getting a PR after graduation?

PS: i already made some findings online but not too sure as the results were contradicting, hence the reason for asking this in this platform 'cos we've got knowledgeable and experienced minds on here.
The chances aren't that good for one year programs. The best thing to do is to take another one year program when you're done with the first one.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by eguoski: 8:23pm On Feb 27, 2020
Good Evening Guys,
This has been my status since last that I reapplied for study permit. The admission letter got expired, I had to eapplied for same program and i have been reaccepted. Is it advisable to call CIC Kenya? I have sent an email January 7th, 2020 and got a response that they have a lot of applications on their desk, that they will try and work fast on my application until the session passed and i reapplied. Please i need ur advise. Should i call them? September 2020 is not far before this new acceptance letter will expire again.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tolux8899: 9:41pm On Feb 27, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.