Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,450 members, 7,816,045 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (571) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1022009 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 5:29pm On Mar 10, 2020
Markab:
Good morning folks, Passport was sent and delivered to Canadian Embassy since Feb 17 and there has been no update till date. Is anyone here currently in the same boat? Please advise

Long time Markab, it's nice to see you around here today. The issue of delayed passport dispatch is a general issue. However, I would suggest you send a CSE to Nairobi visa office requesting they should expedite the transmission of your passport.

It will end in praises.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 5:37pm On Mar 10, 2020
Hello @Justwise, my reputable moderator, this is to call to your kind attention that the Part 16 thread has long been exhausted. Kindly create a new thread while we look forward to a prolific progression and more TRV successful testimonies on this window.

Thanks! I await to see some changes here soon.

High Regards,
Frankrobben1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Strongwind1960: 6:29pm On Mar 10, 2020
Please my nairalanders how can these reasons best be tackled to stand a better chance of getting approval in next application, this is the note recorded in my GCMS..
I await for all your kind contributions and help.
God bless u all

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Christianah01: 7:06pm On Mar 10, 2020
nathanD:
Good day everyone, have been following this page since December last year and have read alot about this topic. I have also seen alot to scare me but I have also seen alot of good news and i guess there's no harm in trying. I recently got admission into Cambrian college in Canada and my dad who's my sponsors is about paying for the first payment but as always what scares everyone is the visa process.now my problem is how to apply so i don't get rejected I'm currently not working and i got admission for project management but i studied geology now I would truly appreciate any contributions and advice the gurus here can give me moving forward. Thanks
Hello I got admitted too into Cambrian college. Will be paying the fees next week and then get the admission letter to proceed with visa application, How can I reach out to
You please?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Christianah01: 7:11pm On Mar 10, 2020
2roodi:

Hi!
Which semester and program did you apply for?
Yes I was offered temporary admission letter and when I pay my fees I will be given that which will be used for visa application. I applied early February and was given admission same February
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by DeeOneBangin: 7:35pm On Mar 10, 2020
Boss still awaiting your reply. Thanks

Frankrobbn1:

Long time Markab, it's nice to see you around here today. The issue of delayed passport dispatch is a general issue. However, I would suggest you send a CSE to Nairobi visa office requesting they should expedite the transmission of your passport.

It will end in praises.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Staymotivated40: 7:55pm On Mar 10, 2020
Hello everyone , how do I go about booking an appointment in other to apply for study visa.

I was at the VSF center yesterday and I was told I’ve to book an appointment before I can do anything.

Please how do I go about it ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ibuchim101(m): 8:09pm On Mar 10, 2020
mcobex:
Post the reasons on your gcms note here so people can help out. Without posting it no one will know
I have attached a screen shot of the reason for refusal. What do you advise That I do?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Markab: 8:25pm On Mar 10, 2020
Oga Frank, thanks for your response. It's really been a while bro and I must thank you specially for keeping this wonderful thread alive while most of us have been so far away. I'm back now and would be glad to help our esteemed members to the best of my ability. Once again, thank you so much.

Frankrobbn1:

It will end in praises.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Strongwind1960: 8:35pm On Mar 10, 2020
Strongwind1960:
Please my nairalanders how can these reasons best be tackled to stand a better chance of getting approval in next application, this is the note recorded in my GCMS..
I await for all your kind contributions and help.
God bless u all

Someone still posted same thing I did here, cab someone pls hep us and address this best way to avoid another rejection instead make it successful one this time, pls you guts should help us out thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Strongwind1960: 8:37pm On Mar 10, 2020
Here is it..
Someone shud help in addressing this issues pls.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by juddytee: 8:42pm On Mar 10, 2020
Obehi44:

That means you had an upfront medical that was updated to pass, right?

Congratulations!

Thank you Sir, I had an upfront medical but they still requested for a new one which I did at IOM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by wealth360: 9:25pm On Mar 10, 2020
This kind of reasons is becoming generic and common especially from Nrobi. Am still yet to understand how 5 to 6 applications will have same reasons of refusal similar to the reason you posted.
Ibuchim101:

I have attached a screen shot of the reason for refusal. What do you advise That I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by wealth360: 9:27pm On Mar 10, 2020
This kind of reasons is becoming generic and common especially from Nrobi. Am still yet to understand how 5 to 6 applications will have same reasons of refusal similar to the reason you posted. Same with@ Ibuchim
Strongwind1960:
Here is it..
Someone shud help in addressing this issues pls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 9:43pm On Mar 10, 2020
Hi Jollyfellow10,

London, Ontario is okay. There are various fun spots in the city, very good restaurants and pubs. I think there is just 1 African restaurant in London. If you are not satisfied with the fun spots in London, some people drive to Toronto (just about an hour) every weekend to have more fun. Also, the famous Niagara falls is not too far away for sight seeing.

Getting part time jobs during fall from my experience and what I have heard is quite easy. I think you should get one within a month or two months.

P.s Fanshawe has lots of job opportunities on campus (survival jobs), most especially for students during fall. If you don't mind working on campus, you can think of that as well. Applications are open towards end of July/ Ist week in August.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by legionnaire(m): 9:54pm On Mar 10, 2020
Please does Durham College and Algonquin College accept English Proficiency letter?

Your responses are highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chigrad: 10:18pm On Mar 10, 2020
Good evening all,
Please I need your advise
For a first time applicant, Is LOE needed or just SOP? A I read LOE is needed for returning applicants.

SCENARIO
• Company A- An international Labour Supplier like an HR company that provides and manages workers to different companies
• Company B-Is the company assigned to from company A to render services to.
If LOE is not needed how or where does an applicant explain/ mention the following,

1--Employed by company A (Labour supplier) and assigned to work company B
2-Salary is paid by the 2 companies as per company arrangement. (Company A pays 70% while company B pays 30%, to make total of complete salary which is mentioned in the employment letter of company A).Both provide payslips.

3-Where should letter of introduction be gotten from? Company A or Company B. Direct Manager AND supervisor from Company B is accessible to provide letter.

Lastly, please who/how should the SOP be addressed ?To who?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 10:49pm On Mar 10, 2020
juddytee:

Thank you Sir, I had an upfront medical but they still requested for a new one which I did at IOM
Oh really! They requested for a new one? Does that mean the medical you did before had expired?
Was the medical you had before up to a year?
Finally, did you pay another money to IOM for another medical?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 10:58pm On Mar 10, 2020
wealth360:
This kind of reasons is becoming generic and common especially from Nrobi. Am still yet to understand how 5 to 6 applications will have same reasons of refusal similar to the reason you posted.
Of course the reasons are generic and some have already started thinking that most of the applications are not being handled by humans but computers (AI).
This is why sometimes I see no reason for requesting for GCMS notes. Don’t get me wrong pls.... getting your GCMS notes is good because in some few(maybe 1/20 or 1/30) cases, the notes has good explanations.
And that is why when I see a GCMS note, I can tell you all the refusal reasons and vise versa.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by cuteesthy(f): 6:19am On Mar 11, 2020
legionnaire:
Please does Durham College and Algonquin College accept English Proficiency letter?

Your responses are highly appreciated.
don't knw abt Durham college but Algonquin doesn't ask for it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by juddytee: 7:48am On Mar 11, 2020
Obehi44:

Oh really! They requested for a new one? Does that mean the medical you did before had expired?

The medical I did has not up to a year and has not expired as at when i applied but I did it in Canada when I visited last year but the doctor did not upload the physical examination which I did. I don't know why. So CIC requested for another one which I made for at IOM.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dyce101(m): 7:51am On Mar 11, 2020
Please my wife is applying for a degree at Manitoba university and she don’t want to indicate she has schooled in Benin republic course we don’t know if they will deny her admission

They sent this to her mail

Please gurus what should we do, should we tell them she didn’t attend any post secondary institution

Or send them the details of the school in Benin republic

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by juddytee: 8:10am On Mar 11, 2020
Obehi44:

The medical I did was not up to a year and has not expired as at when i applied. but I did it in Canada when I visited last year but the doctor did not upload the physical examination which I did. I don't know why. So CIC requested for another one which I did at IOM.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kellymaria: 8:11am On Mar 11, 2020
Hi Nairaland family. Kudos to everyone on this trend, the gurus, the beneficiary of this trend and those coming behind like myself. I have read this tread tread for weeks and I have been richly equipped. However, I have a question to ask, I sincerely asked everyone to please contribute.

I have gotten an estimate of cost from my school.
Tuition and living expenses for one year is $34,300CAD

SO, I Have a sponsor, my mother, a business woman with CAC documents and others.
Her statement of account 9m
Myself I am working over the last 7months full time, and I have 3m in my account.

I want to ask everyone who has been in my shoes, is my financial outlook sufficient to merit a study permit. I'm going for msc program, 2 years.

The financial figure i have available to present is $45,000. Sponsor mum, no other dependent.

What do you guys think?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by penitential(m): 8:57am On Mar 11, 2020
Your mum (sponsor) SOA is 9m, you have 3m to disclose, your mum is the only sponsor, where’s the rest of the 45m coming from? Another family sponsor ?
Kellymaria:
Hi Nairaland family. Kudos to everyone on this trend, the gurus, the beneficiary of this trend and those coming behind like myself. I have read this tread tread for weeks and I have been richly equipped. However, I have a question to ask, I sincerely asked everyone to please contribute.

SO, I Have a sponsor, my mother, a business woman with CAC documents and others.
Myself I am working over the last 7months full time, and I have 3m in my account.

I want to ask everyone who has been in my shoes, is my financial outlook sufficient to merit a study permit. I'm going for msc program, 2 years.

The financial figure i have available to present is $45,000. Sponsor mum, no other dependent.

What do you guys think?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by penitential(m): 8:58am On Mar 11, 2020
Also, have you got grant ?
Kellymaria:

What do you guys think?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dyce101(m): 9:16am On Mar 11, 2020
dyce101:
Please my wife is applying for a degree at Manitoba university and she don’t want to indicate she has schooled in Benin republic course we don’t know if they will deny her admission

Please gurus what should we do, should we tell them she didn’t attend any post secondary institution

Can someone assist me with this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 9:28am On Mar 11, 2020
dyce101:

First question: when you say going for a degree, what do you mean? BSc, PGD, MSc etc?

2nd question: what certificate did she obtained from the school in Benin? BSc, HND, OND etc?

Kindly respond to this two questions and I am sure you will get help in response from people here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 9:31am On Mar 11, 2020
Kellymaria:

What do you guys think?
Since it’s an MSc, have you got grants? How much is it?
Please check and respond and I am sure you will get help in response from people here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 9:52am On Mar 11, 2020
Ibuchim101:

Home tie and personal asset is what they are concerned about. What program did you apply for? UG or Post? If post, is it related to your previous course?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dyce101(m): 10:06am On Mar 11, 2020
Obehi44:

First question: when you say going for a degree, what do you mean? BSc, PGD, MSc etc?

2nd question: what certificate did she obtained from the school in Benin? BSc, HND, OND etc?

Kindly respond to this two questions and I am sure you will get help in response from people here.

1. She applied for BSc sociology
2. She obtained BSc in international relations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by isabeatrice(f): 10:27am On Mar 11, 2020
[Bitrix)Please gurus in the house, I have been offered pgd admission to study Autism and Behavioral Science for fall 2020 at fanshawe college. My first semester tuition has been paid but am faced with sponsorship account. My hubby's account is not enough for sponsorship so I intend using my cousin's account. Please I need advice on this, will I stand a better chance using my cousin's account? Please I need an answer to this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.