Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (573) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1023189 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Gninea: 7:33pm On Mar 11, 2020
Please if I have done biometric before, do I still need to book appointment?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Staymotivated40: 7:35pm On Mar 11, 2020
Gninea:
Please if I have done biometric before, do I still need to book appointment?

Hello everyone , how do I go about booking an appointment in other to apply for study visa.

I was at the VFS center yesterday and I was told I’ve to book an appointment before I can do anything.

Please how do I go about it ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 11, 2020
Please please someone should reply him i have seen this post more then 5 times
cheesy
Staymotivated40:

Hello everyone , how do I go about booking an appointment in other to apply for study visa.

I was at the VFS center yesterday and I was told I’ve to book an appointment before I can do anything.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Pseermuhel(m): 7:57pm On Mar 11, 2020
Staymotivated40:

Go to CIC website and click submit application. It will take you to a page where you select paper route. From there you will chose your country and location.

After which it will direct you to the VFS website to book an appointment.

It is very easy. And you can simply go on YouTube to get the answer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Gninea: 7:59pm On Mar 11, 2020
Staymotivated40:

I hvnt booked before o...but check vfs Canada site or call them or mail them on info.cannig@vfshelpline.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Gninea: 8:01pm On Mar 11, 2020
Oya someone should please answer me na...Please if I have done biometric before, do I still need to book appointment?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by cuteesthy(f): 8:02pm On Mar 11, 2020
Staymotivated40:

log on to vfs site nd select d book appointment , select d email option nd follow the instruction
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 8:46pm On Mar 11, 2020
Gninea:
Oya someone should please answer me na...Please if I have done biometric before, do I still need to book appointment?
No. Biometric last for years.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Lekan45: 9:01pm On Mar 11, 2020
REFUSED.... Wife applied for study permit, husband for open work permit, daughter visitor visa.

Refusal reason - will not leave after completion of study/work/visit based on 1. Family ties in home country and Canada. 2. Prospect of employment in Home country 3. Personal asset and Financial Status.

Wife documents submitted

Detailed scholarship from an elected government official (lawmaker) on his official letterhead. Paid 1st semester tuition already
All employment documents (civil servant)
A letter from a monarch
Acceptance letter from the tuition
Stated that study leave from work have applied for
Letter of Intent
Marriage certificate

Husband documents
SoA showing 1.6m balance (inflow of 1.8m) in 3+months
All employment details (civil servant)
A legal agreement by the family indicating the husband has been given the right to manage the family's asset existing and to be procured.
A letter of introduction from a business lead partner stating the husband's stake and duties in the business.
A letter from another monarch
Stated that leave of absence from work has been applied for
Marriage certificate

Daughter
Birth certificate
And other IMME forms....

To reapply
Wife additional documents
A letter and statement from her cooperative Society showing her savings of 650k
A bank balance of 280k
Family pictures
Sworn affidavit to the Honourable stating that she will return.
Pension fund account balance.

Husband
Same bank balance (improved inflow and outflow)
Vehicle documents
Updated letter of Explanation stating ties with family.

Please, experts in the house, what are suggestions? What should be remove, what should be added?

Being fully governmentally employed, why the employment prospects again? In wife's intent, she wants to have a change of career owing to her personal interest and past job experience.
Short term goals and long terms goals were clearly stated and very relevant to the nature of the community.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MisterSpark: 9:24pm On Mar 11, 2020
Hello Bro, sorry about your refusal.

I am not a guru, However could you mention;

1-Your relationship to this lawmaker?
2-Does his scholarship offer cover only study or both living allowance for the duration of your wife’s study?

Hopefully other experienced followers here could help put you in the right direction.

Best wishes ahead...

Lekan45:
REFUSED.... Wife applied for study permit, husband for open work permit, daughter visitor visa.

Refusal reason - will not leave after completion of study/work/visit based on 1. Family ties in home country and Canada. 2. Prospect of employment in Home country 3. Personal asset and Financial Status.

Wife documents submitted

Detailed scholarship from an elected government official (lawmaker) on his official letterhead. Paid 1st semester tuition already
A letter from a monarch
Letter of Intent
Marriage certificate

Husband documents
A legal agreement by the family indicating the husband has been given the right to manage the family's asset existing and to be procured.
A letter of introduction from a business lead partner stating the husband's stake and duties in the business.
Marriage certificate

Daughter
Birth certificate
And other IMME forms....

To reapply
A bank balance of 280k
Family pictures

Husband
Vehicle documents

Please, experts in the house, what are suggestions? What should be remove, what should be added?

Being fully governmentally employed, why the employment prospects again? In wife's intent, she wants to have a change of career owing to her personal interest and past job experience.
Short term goals and long terms goals were clearly stated and very relevant to the nature of the community.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Staymotivated40: 9:33pm On Mar 11, 2020
Gninea:

I hvnt booked before o...but check vfs Canada site or call them or mail them on info.cannig@vfshelpline.com

I’ve been to the website , after signing up on VFS to book an appointment, the rest of the page won’t show anything on how to go about it . I think there’s a way to doing this thing .

Please Frank help me out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Lekan45: 10:57pm On Mar 11, 2020
No relationship at all other than he is representing the Constituency we both come from. She went a rigorous process in obtaining the scholarship. Written exam,
interview, paper presentation of business to be engaged in the same Constituency after completion of the study.

The scholarship covers for tuition, accommodation,
feeding, study learning materials and other living expenses throughout her study period

MisterSpark:
Hello Bro, sorry about your refusal.

I am not a guru, However could you mention;

1-Your relationship to this lawmaker?
2-Does his scholarship offer cover only study or both living allowance for the duration of your wife’s study?

Hopefully other experienced followers here could help put you in the right direction.

Best wishes ahead...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 11:10pm On Mar 11, 2020
Everyone has their luck
It worked for you , congrats but don’t advise someone to use a strangers or relative account.

It’s usually a red flag

Out of 10 people only 1 will be granted

You were the lucky one out of that 10
nochyks87:

Using your cousin is not a red Flag in my opinion. This is because on one on this thread has been or is in the minds of a visa officer. I have been through over 1000 pages of this threads. In my reading, I even saw a guy who used a total stranger's account statement and he was approved. Just establish a connection to your cousin and give reasons for his or her sponsorship. In My case, ppl said using a third-party sponsor is a red Flag but I still went ahead to use my brother-in-law and I got approved. Just do what your heart tells you. My opinion

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 11, 2020
Typical Nigerian.

You forgot to mention that you were denied before.

You forgot to mention that you included personal account and asset documents.

You just went ahead to say “ I used my brother in law blah blah , cousin sponsor is not a red flag”.

Reasons why Nigeria can never move forward

They only tell you the easy part but forget to mention the struggles behind it

Weh done sir
nochyks87:

No. The land documents ,Joint account statements, pension statement, study leave approval letter were added in the new application.
Yes I used the same sponsor for the 2nd application.
I addressed the main reason for no travel history which was tight work schedules.
I explained in detail why I changed career path and how I have been fully absorbed into the new career. I listed the courses I needed from the Canadian curriculum and their benefits upon my return. In addition, I also explained about career/job prospects in home country and my plans to establish some projects to improve the existing environment. I then went ahead to upload my personal finances and property which I never used in the former application.
I hope this helps.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 12:04am On Mar 12, 2020
chigrad:
Good evening all,
Please I need your advise
For a first time applicant, Is LOE needed or just SOP? A I read LOE is needed for returning applicants.

SCENARIO
• Company A- An international Labour Supplier like an HR company that provides and manages workers to different companies
• Company B-Is the company assigned to from company A to render services to.
If LOE is not needed how or where does an applicant explain/ mention the following,

1--Employed by company A (Labour supplier) and assigned to work company B
2-Salary is paid by the 2 companies as per company arrangement. (Company A pays 70% while company B pays 30%, to make total of complete salary which is mentioned in the employment letter of company A).Both provide payslips.

3-Where should letter of introduction be gotten from? Company A or Company B. Direct Manager AND supervisor from Company B is accessible to provide letter.

Lastly, please who/how should the SOP be addressed ?To who?
You do not need LOE as a first time applicant.

You should get your letter of introduction from company A, if possible from both of them. Make sure to show evidence of the pay slips.

You do not need to address your SOP to anybody. Just title it 'Statement of purpose'
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chukwuemeka101: 12:20am On Mar 12, 2020
Stevenssen:

You do not need LOE as a first time applicant.

You should get your letter of introduction from company A, if possible from both of them. Make sure to show evidence of the pay slips.

You do not need to address your SOP to anybody. Just title it 'Statement of purpose'

Nice one
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ujeinijobog: 2:16am On Mar 12, 2020
Hello everyone

I am new to this platform. I have just been admitted and will soon apply for my study permit in Canada.

I will like to confirm if the Canadian embassy will ask the school that gave me admission the application documents I used. Or is it just the acceptance letter and the documents I'll attach that the embassy will use in making a decision?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nochyks87: 6:23am On Mar 12, 2020
Studyabroad111:
Typical Nigerian.

You forgot to mention that you were denied before.

You forgot to mention that you included personal account and asset documents.

You just went ahead to say “ I used my brother in law blah blah , cousin sponsor is not a red flag”.

Reasons why Nigeria can never move forward

They only tell you the easy part but forget to mention the struggles behind it

Weh done sir

I think you are blind cos there are words/phrases like "2nd application" and "former application". And if u really needed more information on my previous denial why did you not go through my posts to see my testimony And also you can see addition of Joint account . Over sabi NIGERIAN

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kaze4blues(m): 6:23am On Mar 12, 2020
I got an admission to study Systems Engineering at the University of Regina

I will be 30 years by December 2020.

What are my chances of getting a visa considering my age? The program is an undergraduate program.

Is payment of acceptance fee a requirement for visa approval?

Also, can I use a statement of account of someone who does not bear the same surname with me? Will this not hinder my chances of getting a visa?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 7:14am On Mar 12, 2020
Ujeinijobog:
Hello everyone

I am new to this platform. I have just been admitted and will soon apply for my study permit in Canada.

I will like to confirm if the Canadian embassy will ask the school that gave me admission the application documents I used. Or is it just the acceptance letter and the documents I'll attach that the embassy will use in making a decision?
They might ask if they want, nobody knows for sure.
Why?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 7:21am On Mar 12, 2020
kaze4blues:

What are my chances of getting a visa considering my age? The program is an undergraduate program.

Also, can I use a statement of account of someone who does not bear the same surname with me? Will this not hinder my chances of getting a visa?

Thank you.
30 years going for undergrad has a very low chance of getting approved. CIC will be expecting you to be going for a Masters or PGD/PGC.

Parent or family sponsors are always the best.
In your case, your sponsor should pay your acceptance fee and part of your tuition then you present evidence of that to show his commitment to sponsoring you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 12, 2020
Yawns *****

Still doesn’t change the fact that you lied on that part.

nochyks87:

I think you are blind cos there are words/phrases like "2nd application" and "former application". And if u really needed more information on my previous denial why did you not go through my posts to see my testimony And also you can see addition of Joint account . Over sabi NIGERIAN
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 8:41am On Mar 12, 2020
Lekan45:

Wife documents submitted

A letter from a monarch
Letter of Intent
Marriage certificate

Husband documents
Marriage certificate

Daughter
Birth certificate
And other IMME forms....

To reapply
A bank balance of 280k
Family pictures

Husband
Vehicle documents

Sorry about the refusal but this application is embodied with so many fundamental flaws;
1. If you're traveling with a wife and a child you new nothing less than 12million as proof of funds.

2. With the difficulty in obtaining a study visa and the continuous refusal based on home ties it is usually advisable to have your family temporarily in Nigeria to serve that purpose.

3. The job prospect and chances of coming back is also very low.

You really need to deal with this loopholes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 8:43am On Mar 12, 2020
Ujeinijobog:
Hello everyone

There isn't a clear knowledge of what the embassy can request for.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 8:52am On Mar 12, 2020
dyce101:
Please my wife is applying for a degree at Manitoba university and she don’t want to indicate she has schooled in Benin republic course we don’t know if they will deny her admission

They sent this to her mail

Please gurus what should we do, should we tell them she didn’t attend any post secondary institution

Or send them the details of the school in Benin republic
Hello, firstly please try and hide some sensitive information about your self and wife on a public forum. Secondly, considering your stance on a fresh undergraduate program the chances of getting a study visa is usually low. She can always use her bsc degree to apply for a post graduate program. That will improve her chances.

You don't want to be refused based on purpose of visit- " Applicant not showing logical motive or assertions that the choice of program displays any sort of career advancement and also not showing accountable timeline of study gaps( especially if you don't declare Bsc)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gatsbym4(m): 10:46am On Mar 12, 2020
Abeg abeg
Who is going to take a look at my sop.
I’ve been asking since.
Ko da ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chukwuemeka101: 10:49am On Mar 12, 2020
kaze4blues:

Thank you.

Good morning, i got admission in same school and same course,

Am 31 years now ,( I have finished my HND here, but my agent advice me to use my WAEC)

I applied for visa February 15th ( I used my ND certificate to apply ) did biometric 26th February 2020 ( though my process is through an agent who based there, a secondary school friend sha) , is 5 weeks now, no respond from them. am suppose to resume school May or September 2020

To your question,

'Is payment of acceptance fee required for visa approval"

Do you mean, is it required to apply for visa ? If that's what you mean ,yes you need it,

Your other question, the gurus here can help out ,

Like what my Agent say, everything is document package and GOD.

sorry guys ,I didn't introduce myself, respect to the gurus who has been feeding me intellectually ,

I have been a silent reader for close to 1 year now, I choose not to talk or comment, you see, if God is not part of your application ,you are not going anywhere, you need 90% prayer in this process ,tell many pastors you know to help you in prayers, I believe God will answer my prayer very soon..

Don't loose hope ,pray and focus ,be positive and package your document well .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:01am On Mar 12, 2020
Staymotivated40:

Hello Staymotivated40,

Find below the link:

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/book-an-appointment

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gatsbym4(m): 11:18am On Mar 12, 2020
@justmellow
@Qudkom
@Blema111
@Frankrobbn
It’s you guys that I’m familiar with from last year.
Pls who’ll take a look at my sop.

I’m actually really begging.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:38am On Mar 12, 2020
Lekan45:

Wife documents submitted

A letter from a monarch
Letter of Intent
Marriage certificate

Husband documents
Marriage certificate

Daughter
Birth certificate
And other IMME forms....

To reapply
A bank balance of 280k
Family pictures

Husband
Vehicle documents

Hello Lekan45,

There is no way this family application would have flied using a scholarship from a government official, owing to you and your spouse's financial circumstances. The problem is not the submitted documents but still, it could also not be far from it. Irrespective of the generic nature of the gcms notes these days, its still advisable to request for it to ascertain the actual concerns of the VO. Please note that, I would attempt to proffer advise based on my knowledge.

If you intend to reapply, do away with the scholarship if the total sum which should cover all your study expenses in Canada can't be liquidified into your personal account. Also, considering your insufficient funds, it would be advisable to apply alone. One thing you should note is that, the VOs don't honour/recognized a scholarship, most from Nigeria whether government or organization except maybe on few cases of MoU between the Nigeria-Canada government.

As far as the nature of such scholarship goes and as far as the VOs are concerned, such scholarship is considered not authentic because the history or existence of the nature of the scholarship couldn't be established or ascertained. Arguably, most people on this thread that has used scholarship either from an organization or government (officials) were refused in the erstwhile. Until I see one or two testimony here or outside this thread that has gotten an approval to Canada with scholarships from Nigeria's public or private institution, then I can begin to advise on such move.

My advise are:

1. Use an individual as sponsor who you can easily establish relationship connection to.

2. Work on your funds a little bit to at least have your 1year LE

3. Since you have paid part of your tuition fees, it is good.

4. Apply as a sole applicant

5. Demonstrate how your family intend to survive in your absence. Give a break of their monthly upkeep, include evidence of enrolling your child in school for at least 1yr duration etc

6. Your spouse may also want to write a letter of support, whereby using the opportunity to demonstrate that she's well-established and gainfully employed. In she can state the monthly allowances you've made available for the family's upkeep. She can also include her payslips, employment letter, promotion letter etc to support her claim of been financially established.

7. If possible, get a medical healthcare plan for them at least for 6 - 12 months and build on this as part of the provisions made for their wellbeing.

8. Your study plan should be good and convey vital details and be able to provide explanations to your cover the weakest link in your application.

I think I should stop here.

All the best

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.