Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (574) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1024539 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Seuntolaa: 11:41am On Mar 12, 2020
Good day all. What form should an applicant applying for spousal open work permit fill? Is it the normal visitor trv form or there is a spousal work permit form?

Please pardon my ignorance. I want to be sure.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:43am On Mar 12, 2020
gatsbym4:
@justmellow
@Qudkom
@Blema111
@Frankrobbn
It’s you guys that I’m familiar with from last year.
Pls who’ll take a look at my sop.

I’m actually really begging.

My bro.,

Been a while. When you are submitting determines a lot. If within 2wks isn't far for you, I would squeeze out time within this time frame.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:48am On Mar 12, 2020
Gninea:
Please I just have 2 questions
In my LOE or SOP, which address would I write it to
I hVe a brother who’s a permanent resident in Canada and he’s a co-sponsor is that a good thing or the Vo will think I want to leave the country like he did?

Hello Gninea,

There is no standard format for an SOP. It could be written with or without an address or addressing it to a specific body. However, find a format below.

Date

To,

The Visa Officer,
High Commission of Canada.

Dear sir/ma'am,

To your other question, go ahead and use him as your cosponsor. All you need to do is try as much as possible to demonstrate a convincing or strong hometies that can compel your return.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:57am On Mar 12, 2020
DeeOneBangin:

Hello brotherly, kindly look into this. Wifey has Bachelor of Arts in English language (3rd class) in 2014 and a Post graduate diploma in Broadcast Journalism (Upper Credit) in 2016. She has been working as a journalist from 2017 till present.

Can she go ahead and apply for masters in journalism?

I would have reasoned she applies for a 2 yr post graduate diploma in journalism but I have been reading that it’s a bit tricky to convince visa officers when pursuing a lesser/same academic qualification in canada.

Pls what do u suggest?

Hello DeeOneBangin,

A Master is more ideal. Be it as it may, she can go for a more related course in PGD/C. This way, she can put up a convincing explanation of wanting to expand her knowledge-reach within every axis in her profession as a journalist.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:04pm On Mar 12, 2020
Lymarh:
Good day house. In my admission letter it is termed conditional admission letter cos I need to send my degree certificate nd transcript nd the deadline for that is December 1. Can I apply for my visa with the conditional admission letter or I need to send in my transcript first so as to get the unconditional admission letter.

Hello Lymarh,

Feel free to go ahead and apply with the conditional offer letter. This is a norm amongst some applicants. If before you apply you have not been able to send the transcript, just briefly state it in your letter that the unconditional letter will be made available once youe transcript is received. However, if you are required to pay a certain amount as fulfillment for the unconditional letter, it is highly advisable to do so prior before the stated date and before applying.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:12pm On Mar 12, 2020
Akannitommy:
Hi all.

Do I need an UNCONDITIONAL OFFER OF ADMISSION to apply for certificate of acceptance (CAQ) in Quebec? I currently have a conditional admission and my transcripts are not yet completely delivered. Do I have to wait until I get the conditions of my offer fulfilled or that only apply to TRV/SP?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Akannitommy,

You can apply for it with your conditional offer letter.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Lekan45: 12:22pm On Mar 12, 2020
Thank you Sir...

Can you please elaborate on "job prospect"? I don't seem to understand considering we are both employed and will not be seeking one. Secondly, we have already applied for study leave and leave of absence for her period of study. If I may add, the worth of the scholarship is well above the figure you mentioned.

Also, if you can, please give clues on how these loopholes can be covered. I will appreciate it. Thank you.
Qudkom:

Sorry about the refusal but this application is embodied with so many fundamental flaws;
1. If you're traveling with a wife and a child you new nothing less than 12million as proof of funds.

2. With the difficulty in obtaining a study visa and the continuous refusal based on home ties it is usually advisable to have your family temporarily in Nigeria to serve that purpose.

3. The job prospect and chances of coming back is also very low.

You really need to deal with this loopholes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tolux8899: 12:22pm On Mar 12, 2020
Chukwuemeka101:

Good morning, i got admission in same school and same course,

Am 31 years now ,( I have finished my HND here, but my agent advice me to use my WAEC)

I applied for visa February 15th ( I used my ND certificate to apply ) did biometric 26th February 2020 ( though my process is through an agent who based there, a secondary school friend sha) , is 5 weeks now, no respond from them. am suppose to resume school May or September 2020

To your question,

'Is payment of acceptance fee required for visa approval"

Do you mean, is it required to apply for visa ? If that's what you mean ,yes you need it,

Your other question, the gurus here can help out ,

Like what my Agent say, everything is document package and GOD.

sorry guys ,I didn't introduce myself, respect to the gurus who has been feeding me intellectually ,

I have been a silent reader for close to 1 year now, I choose not to talk or comment, you see, if God is not part of your application ,you are not going anywhere, you need 90% prayer in this process ,tell many pastors you know to help you in prayers, I believe God will answer my prayer very soon..

Don't loose hope ,pray and focus ,be positive and package your document well .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:29pm On Mar 12, 2020
author=Lekan45 post=87309329
PS: Our application was verified and vetted by a former Visa Officer (not Canadian) before we applie.

The bolded is not a guarantee amongst other aspect like

1. A strong SOP/LOE is not a guarantee for approval, especially if the application isn't well-packaged or the VO ain't conviced/satisfied with the submitted documents.

2. Using a certified Canadian consultant is a guarantee

3. Using a visa agent or visa expert isn't a guarantee

4. A Canadian VO as a close (family) friend vetting the application isn't a guarantee. The application will be (re-)assessed base on a different perspective by another VO

Disclaimer:

My claims are only cited to counter the statement bolded above.

I wish everybody goodluck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 12:35pm On Mar 12, 2020
Lekan45:
Thank you Sir...

Can you please elaborate on "job prospect"? I don't seem to understand considering we are both employed and will not be seeking one. Secondly, we have already applied for study leave and leave of absence for her period of study. If I may add, the worth of the scholarship is well above the figure you mentioned.

Also, if you can, please give clues on how these loopholes can be covered. I will appreciate it. Thank you.
Job prospects I mean the chances of actually coming back after your studies. A lot of people get the study permit and open work permit. A lot of people also get refused simply because of the economic situation and some VO questioning the chances of couples returning
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:37pm On Mar 12, 2020
Evabanks:

i had a 2:2 and i got admission into two universities in Canada while changing programs from what i studied in my undergrad. schools normally request for a certain percentage in GPA in your final two years of your undergraduate program. relevant work experience and packaging your application matters too.

Hello Evabanks,

Irrespective of the course, a 2.2 is still not good enough for Masters but for Pre-masters, its okay. Anybody with such CGPA should endeavour to apply to more than 1 school and focus more on colleges. It is good to know you succeeded. Please, what course were you accepted for?

One love
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:39pm On Mar 12, 2020
gatsbym4:
I’ve been an active member here before, but study permit got rejected last year, so decided to reapply this year. Below are the documents I’m using this time.
Someone should pls get these for me.
I’ll really appreciate it.
Thank you.
Former refusal reasons were, home ties, personal financial ability and purpose of visit.

Letter of acceptance field
1. Letter of acceptance ✅
2. B.sc certificate ✅
3. Waec certificate ✅
4. Birth certificate ✅
5. Transcript ✅
6. Nysc ✅

-Digital passport ✅
-International passport ✅
-Imm 5645✅
-Imm 5257✅

-Client information field
1. Recommendation letter✅
2. Letter of introduction ✅
3. Employment letter ✅
4. Leave of study
5. Work id✅
6. Pay slip
7. Resume ✅
8. Sop/ loe
9. Personal account
10. Survey of land/deed of gift ✅

-Proof of financial support
1. Letter of sponsorship
2. Affidavit of support
3. Statement of Account✅ dad is sponsoring 21m in account.
4. CAC certificates

Going for PGC in New Brunswick community college.

Hello Gatsbym4,

Your application timeline seems good.

I wish you good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 12:40pm On Mar 12, 2020
Lekan45:
Thank you Sir...

My 2nd advice is to allow her go first and then apply for open work permit
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:43pm On Mar 12, 2020
eguoski:
Hello guys, I was asked to upload a replacement documents of IMM1294 before 10/03/2020. It was tagged "Replacement Required". I have done that and it's now showing Replacement provided. I believe God is on my case.
It will end in praise.

Hello Eguoski,

Its good to hear it turned around good. I pray it turn out to be an approval. Please, intensify your prayers to whatever you believe.

I wish you the best of luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Lekan45: 12:44pm On Mar 12, 2020
Quite comprehensive, open and precise. Thank you.
Your advise would be put into good use.

Thank you.

JustMellow:

Hello Lekan45,

There is no way this family application would have flied using a scholarship from a government official, owing to you and your spouse's financial circumstances. The problem is not the submitted documents but still, it could also not be far from it. Irrespective of the generic nature of the gcms notes these days, its still advisable to request for it to ascertain the actual concerns of the VO. Please note that, I would attempt to proffer advise based on my knowledge.

If you intend to reapply, do away with the scholarship if the total sum which should cover all your study expenses in Canada can't be liquidified into your personal account. Also, considering your insufficient funds, it would be advisable to apply alone. One thing you should note is that, the VOs don't honour/recognized a scholarship, most from Nigeria whether government or organization except maybe on few cases of MoU between the Nigeria-Canada government.

As far as the nature of such scholarship goes and as far as the VOs are concerned, such scholarship is considered not authentic because the history or existence of the nature of the scholarship couldn't be established or ascertained. Arguably, most people on this thread that has used scholarship either from an organization or government (officials) were refused in the erstwhile. Until I see one or two testimony here or outside this thread that has gotten an approval to Canada with scholarships from Nigeria's public or private institution, then I can begin to advise on such move.

My advise are:

1. Use an individual as sponsor who you can easily establish relationship connection to.

2. Work on your funds a little bit to at least have your 1year LE

3. Since you have paid part of your tuition fees, it is good.

4. Apply as a sole applicant

5. Demonstrate how your family intend to survive in your absence. Give a break of their monthly upkeep, include evidence of enrolling your child in school for at least 1yr duration etc

6. Your spouse may also want to write a letter of support, whereby using the opportunity to demonstrate that she's well-established and gainfully employed. In she can state the monthly allowances you've made available for the family's upkeep. She can also include her payslips, employment letter, promotion letter etc to support her claim of been financially established.

7. If possible, get a medical healthcare plan for them at least for 6 - 12 months and build on this as part of the provisions made for their wellbeing.

8. Your study plan should be good and convey vital details and be able to provide explanations to your cover the weakest link in your application.

I think I should stop here.

All the best

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:51pm On Mar 12, 2020
slizylindy:
Good morning, I’m really sorry if this question has been answered before. But I want to know during medicals, Pls what kind of test is being done? Is pregnancy test included? If yes, could it be a barrier even when you can afford to pay your bills.

Thank you

Hello Slizylindy,

There are several test that will be conducted like HIV, Tuberculosis, Chest x-ray, Eyes examination, BP etc. If you are pregnant, endeavour to point it out to the attention of the panel physician and don't hide it because of the x-ray.

Being pregnant won't affect your chances of getting approved if you can show that you are sufficiently inclined to meet the medical expenses and hire a nanny or can afford a daycare etc. The bottomline is to be able to justify that there is sufficient funds for you and the unborn child in Canada.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Lekan45: 12:55pm On Mar 12, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Lekan45,

There is no way this family application would have flied using a scholarship from a government official, owing to you and your spouse's financial circumstances. The problem is not the submitted documents but still, it could also not be far from it. Irrespective of the generic nature of the gcms notes these days, its still advisable to request for it to ascertain the actual concerns of the VO. Please note that, I would attempt to proffer advise based on my knowledge.

If you intend to reapply, do away with the scholarship if the total sum which should cover all your study expenses in Canada can't be liquidified into your personal account. Also, considering your insufficient funds, it would be advisable to apply alone. One thing you should note is that, the VOs don't honour/recognized a scholarship, most from Nigeria whether government or organization except maybe on few cases of MoU between the Nigeria-Canada government.

As far as the nature of such scholarship goes and as far as the VOs are concerned, such scholarship is considered not authentic because the history or existence of the nature of the scholarship couldn't be established or ascertained. Arguably, most people on this thread that has used scholarship either from an organization or government (officials) were refused in the erstwhile. Until I see one or two testimony here or outside this thread that has gotten an approval to Canada with scholarships from Nigeria's public or private institution, then I can begin to advise on such move.

My advise are:

1. Use an individual as sponsor who you can easily establish relationship connection to.

5. Demonstrate how your family intend to survive in your absence. Give a break of their monthly upkeep, include evidence of enrolling your child in school for at least 1yr duration etc

6. Your spouse may also want to write a letter of support, whereby using the opportunity to demonstrate that she's well-established and gainfully employed. In she can state the monthly allowances you've made available for the family's upkeep. She can also include her payslips, employment letter, promotion letter etc to support her claim of been financially established.

7. If possible, get a medical healthcare plan for them at least for 6 - 12 months and build on this as part of the provisions made for their wellbeing.

8. Your study plan should be good and convey vital details and be able to provide explanations to your cover the weakest link in your application.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:59pm On Mar 12, 2020
chigrad:
Good evening all,
Please I need your advise
For a first time applicant, Is LOE needed or just SOP? A I read LOE is needed for returning applicants.

SCENARIO
• Company A- An international Labour Supplier like an HR company that provides and manages workers to different companies
• Company B-Is the company assigned to from company A to render services to.
If LOE is not needed how or where does an applicant explain/ mention the following,

1--Employed by company A (Labour supplier) and assigned to work company B
2-Salary is paid by the 2 companies as per company arrangement. (Company A pays 70% while company B pays 30%, to make total of complete salary which is mentioned in the employment letter of company A).Both provide payslips.

3-Where should letter of introduction be gotten from? Company A or Company B. Direct Manager AND supervisor from Company B is accessible to provide letter.

Lastly, please who/how should the SOP be addressed ?To who?

Hello Chigrad,

In this case as explained, it would be best to write a separate LOE to address and clearly explain to the VO for proper understanding.

You can get a reference letter from both company which would also address the conditions and agreed contracts. This would support the employment letter gotten from Company A.

The address thingy is optional.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 1:04pm On Mar 12, 2020
isabeatrice:
[Bitrix)Please gurus in the house, I have been offered pgd admission to study Autism and Behavioral Science for fall 2020 at fanshawe college. My first semester tuition has been paid but am faced with sponsorship account. My hubby's account is not enough for sponsorship so I intend using my cousin's account. Please I need advice on this, will I stand a better chance using my cousin's account? Please I need an answer to this.

Hello Isabeatrice,

Feel free to go ahead. However, do well to establish a strong relationship with your cousin. Demonstrate that your cousin is well-established and financially sufficient. You should also establish same on your own part and work on your home ties and funds.

You could use your cousin as a co-sponsor.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 1:09pm On Mar 12, 2020
ptoall1000:
I am applying for Masters in University of Saskatchewan.
I was told to send these docs to schools@careerabroad.ca

Hii welcome to Career Abroad
Would you be able to send us your documents listed below at email students@careerabroad.ca
1 passport
2 ilets
3 bachelor certificate
4 backlogs
5 10th and 12th certificate
6 experience letter
Thank you

.what is an experience letter pls.

Hello Ptoall1000,

You should recheck again with the school, this list looks like its meant for indians and/or similar countries. An experience is also a motivational letter or state of intent or academic proposal letter.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 1:13pm On Mar 12, 2020
Ujeinijobog:
Hello everyone

I am new to this platform. I have just been admitted and will soon apply for my study permit in Canada.

I will like to confirm if the Canadian embassy will ask the school that gave me admission the application documents I used. Or is it just the acceptance letter and the documents I'll attach that the embassy will use in making a decision?

Hello Ujeinijobog,

The possibility of IRCC confirming with the school is very slim and mostly don't only on rare circumstances.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Lekan45: 2:11pm On Mar 12, 2020
@justmellow and others, why would the application have stayed with them for almost 8 weeks and a review on our eligibility conducted for almost 2 weeks?? Any reason in particular why it stayed that long?
JustMellow:

Hello Lekan45,

My advise are:

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Akannitommy: 2:24pm On Mar 12, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Akannitommy,

You can apply for it with your conditional offer letter.

All the best

Thanks. Done
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Markab: 2:34pm On Mar 12, 2020
not sure how true it is though
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chukwuemeka101: 2:47pm On Mar 12, 2020
Markab:
BREAKING: Canada suspend existing Visas till May 15, 2020.

I guess that’s why passports are being held at the embassy for new issuance post PPR

Hmmmmm am totally lost explain please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by khunz: 3:02pm On Mar 12, 2020
Hmm, I got this from a friend. This shows it is true.

Chukwuemeka101:

Hmmmmm am totally lost explain please

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 3:18pm On Mar 12, 2020
ptoall1000:
I am applying for Masters in University of Saskatchewan.
I was told to send these docs to schools@careerabroad.ca

Hii welcome to Career Abroad
Would you be able to send us your documents listed below at email students@careerabroad.ca
1 passport
2 ilets
3 bachelor certificate
4 backlogs
5 10th and 12th certificate
6 experience letter
Thank you

.what is an experience letter pls.
Are you applying through an agent or what? Normally you would pay the application fee of 90 CAD, after 24 hours, you would be required to upload some documents. This is something you can do yourself.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 3:33pm On Mar 12, 2020
khunz:
Hmm, I got this from a friend. This shows it is true.

I think it’s as regards traveling to Canada and not issuing of visas. Follow their twitter page for more updates.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ChristyC: 4:09pm On Mar 12, 2020
Hi Have you gotten admission yet?

Blema111:

Are you applying through an agent or what? Normally you would pay the application fee of 90 CAD, after 24 hours, you would be required to upload some documents. This is something you can do yourself.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gatsbym4(m): 5:55pm On Mar 12, 2020
JustMellow:

My bro.,

Been a while. When you are submitting determines a lot. If within 2wks isn't far for you, I would squeeze out time within this time frame.

All the best

Thanks man
Two weeks isn’t too far
I’ll send you a mail.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by peaceful22: 5:58pm On Mar 12, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Staymotivated40: 6:02pm On Mar 12, 2020
I’ve tried to book the appointment online but it’s not working , I’be checked the whole VFS website, I can’t figure how to book the appointment . After clicking on schedule appointment, I filled in my location and number if persons booking the appointment. Nothing came up just a blank page

Help

Please help me on how to go about it from here , I need to book an appointment ASAP please

HELP !!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.