Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,784 members, 7,862,604 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:30 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (611) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1047506 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 2:33pm On Apr 09, 2020
Wunaarroon69:
This may not be relevant i dunno, but just wanted to add that I also attached offer letters from the U.K. & Ireland to show that I have other options & Canada is not the end of the world. (Mentioned on the SOP too)

Also in terms of funds, don’t submit a statement with eg 6m which is required for you to show, but when they call the bank to verify, the money is now 4m. You will get a refusal saying insufficient funds to support yourself.

Your SOP shouldn’t be full of stories, how you did something from childhood etc. Just straight to the point like a graduate.

Just thought I should add these but please note that it’s from own experience. Yours might defer.

Goodluck

Hello Wunaarroon69,

The bolded may not necessarily be the case. There may be other unprecendent or underlining reasons to it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 2:36pm On Apr 09, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

how many pages or words are sufficient? Some people advised we use a well-detailed LOE. Is a well-detailed LOE not supposed to have lots of stories?

There is no room for stories in a well-detailed SOP. At most 3 - 5 pages.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 2:45pm On Apr 09, 2020
spongeisback:
Hello house, my sister and her husband want to apply for study at University of Windsor, they currently have two kids. Is it possible for them to be granted a study visa?
@NwanyiOkpa and other gurus.

Hello Spongeisback,

It will be best if they both assessment their academic background and other personal areas. Either of them with a more better profile should be the principal applicant to apply for SP and the others as accompanying depends. In realistic assessement outside academic profile and other specialized areas, your sister is in better position to apply because of the kids.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 3:01pm On Apr 09, 2020
TheBeat:

Thanks
My concern is if this would raise eyebrows if I lodge in such amount now for the September intake. I was planning to use both account (The one over here to prove the source of the funds in Nigeria) Again it will be easier to keep the money in home account. I still have some records of western union transaction I used to send the cash to my sister's account from where I reside.

Hello TheBeat,

If you legitly working and earning that much in your country of residence, it will even be ideal to use your foreign account for your visa purpose. Maybe in the case where you are fussed about the current closing balance, get you family to wire the funds into your foreign bank account and use other supporting financial documents like your pay stub/payslip, proof of source of funds etc. Meanwhile, keep in mind that you should either prove a solid ties back to your country of residence or home country.

Bases on your concern on this post, since you have evidence of WN transfers of the funds to your family, get them to transfer the funds to your local account in a likely manner. Then show the WN proof coupled with using the LOE to provide clarification on how/why you sent the funds your family and how it eventually got into your account and for what purpose.

In as much as money parking is a sin, isn't that why we have prayers to enable us interceed?

You just have to explain yourself brilliantly.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Samopex05: 3:07pm On Apr 09, 2020
Hi guys, I am 29years old and married with no formal education. I am planning on writing GCE exam later this year as well as other exams required for me to gain an undergraduate admission into a UK uni. What are my chances of getting a study visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 3:10pm On Apr 09, 2020
EDDYBABA01:
Hello the beautiful girls and guys living in diapora please follow this thread if you're looking for compassionship... Cus it came to our noticed that some re dying single.... We have alot of guys wanting to marry you if only you have a good and pleasant attitude

https://www.nairaland.com/5783016/dedicated-lonely-nigerian-girls-canada#5783016.26
Hian

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 3:11pm On Apr 09, 2020
Farahhh:
Good day all, please I’ll like for someone to help me on the documents I need to apply for a study permit to Conestoga. I just got admitted into the pgd for September intake. I’d also love info on the proof of income like how much naira has to be in the account. I currently work in a bank as a contract worker but my mum will sponsor me. I’m supposed to use an agent by I don’t have 100% trust in him. I’d love details from people who have helpful ideas. Thanks

Hello Farahhh,

Small congratulations on scaling the first phase of the journey. For the required documents, check the first page of this part thread or the previous or check through my previous post via my signature. Your sponsor should be looking to have 8 -10m above excluding your tuition fees and LE. Since you work, your personal bank statement is necessary.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AbigealTobs: 3:12pm On Apr 09, 2020
Kinzeerichy:
Good Morning All. My position has been adjusted by some recent developments. University of Victoria in BC has increased their funding to $10,000 , meanwhile their tuition for my masters is $7,500 plus some student fees of roughly $1,500 making $9,000 in all. This means I have to show just living expenses for the first year.

The position in Western University, Ontario hasn’t changed. It still remains $20,000 funding out of the $30,000 tuition plus student fees. Hence, I have to show the balance of 10k and 10k for the living expenses

My dad is my sponsor with a closing balance of say N6m (I’m injecting this in piecemeal to his Acct) but has fixed deposit certificate of 5m and I also have like 1.5m in my personal/salary account.

Please which choice of school is rational for my study visa application given my available financial and sponsorship resources.

Some have argued that I might apply with Western because funding of $20,000 might be weighty in the eyes of the visa officer compared to Victoria’s $10,000.

Thank you.

How come you got full funding, what’s your cgpa? And what course
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Yads97: 3:17pm On Apr 09, 2020
Hi guys

Do you guys think study permits approvals will be somewhat easier to get after this pandemic phase?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 3:20pm On Apr 09, 2020
Chukwuemeka101:
Hahaha hah ha ah haha a
I laugh in Swahili

Gained admission = May 2019

School = university of Regina

Resumption = September 2020

FIRST Application

online application = 15 the February

Biometrics = 28th February

Refused = 7th April

No previous travel history

Reasons for refusal
(1) Family ties in Canada and in home country

(2) Current employment situation

Am appealing it as soon as possible then Reapply after 3 weeks...though I have left my previous work which I used the employment letter to apply...
I intend using my current employment letter but I don't know how to combine the two.

thank God for corona Virus, this is buying me more time

Hello Chukwuemeka101,

Be strong and try not to lose focus if the heart still desire. However, appealing can drag to a lenthy extent and that can frustrate you reapplying ASAP. BTW if I understand you, appealing and reapplying within 3wks may not be possible considering the fact that the appeal period must be over before a new application can be submitted.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 3:31pm On Apr 09, 2020
Francejaik:
Hello guys.

I'm about start my Online Application.

This is my first time.

Please I don't have Credit card.

How can I pay my Application fee after submitting my application.

Please which bank?

Thank you.

All banks. You will have to search for someone maybe a close relative or sibling to help you out

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 3:33pm On Apr 09, 2020
Chidon40:
Please, while filling your imm1294e, What do you use as end date for employment (If you are still working)?

Hello Chidon40,

There is no harm using the present date. Its mostly a norm and no harm of whatsoever either.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 3:48pm On Apr 09, 2020
Kinzeerichy:
Good Morning All. My position has been adjusted by some recent developments. University of Victoria in BC has increased their funding to $10,000 , meanwhile their tuition for my masters is $7,500 plus some student fees of roughly $1,500 making $9,000 in all. This means I have to show just living expenses for the first year.

The position in Western University, Ontario hasn’t changed. It still remains $20,000 funding out of the $30,000 tuition plus student fees. Hence, I have to show the balance of 10k and 10k for the living expenses

My dad is my sponsor with a closing balance of say N6m (I’m injecting this in piecemeal to his Acct) but has fixed deposit certificate of 5m and I also have like 1.5m in my personal/salary account.

Please which choice of school is rational for my study visa application given my available financial and sponsorship resources.

Some have argued that I might apply with Western because funding of $20,000 might be weighty in the eyes of the visa officer compared to Victoria’s $10,000.

Thank you.

Hello Kinzeerichy,

The option of Uvic should be considered and a good fit for your financial situation. In the aspect of your LE and the fxd., ask your father to liquidate say 2m and deposit it into his account to make the 6m bacome 8m. So doing coupled with your funding and closing balance of 1.5m, you will be able to have demonstrate that your LE is readily available.

In general view, what is the essence of 20k leaving you to debt of 10k, when 10k settles for a balance credit of 1k? 1k is big money don't reason it o!

Disclaimer:
You own your decision same as my opinion is mine.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 3:55pm On Apr 09, 2020
Chukwuemeka101:

Nope I have not,
That's another idea ,but am looking at it in a way doesn't waste my time, what do you suggest ? And why?

Move some pages backward, you will see where about two GCMS notes were uploaded. Since it mostly now comes generic, use both as a guide as your situation is closely knit to the raised concerns therein.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 4:00pm On Apr 09, 2020
jubrilx:

Please does having a family member in Canada affects ones application positively or negatively?

Hello Jubrilx,

For as long as you can demonstrate that your ties to your home country won't be outweighed by your ties in Canada, then you are cooler than a refrigerator.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 4:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
Blema111:

Everyone’s application is different. There’s someone I know whose family members all reside in Canada and it’s environs. He was the only one left in Nigeria but he was still approved. So it depends kinda.

I think I know this person. smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 4:06pm On Apr 09, 2020
Crystalheart:
Good day pals

Please find attachments of my CIC portal below.
I want to apply for SP via online application method. I think there should be section on the menu to start application? If not, how do I initiate application?

I have checked on laptop and mobile.
Please I need your guidance on this.. Thanks

Hello Crystalheart,

Check down the page. I can't really recall the discriptive English used. However, if you can screen shot this particular page completely, I can point it out to you.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 4:14pm On Apr 09, 2020
Yads97:
Hi guys

Do you guys think study permits approvals will be somewhat easier to get after this pandemic phase?

One thing is sure, Canadian economy will fall during this crisis and it will take time to bounce back. Post covid19, more people will struggle for few jobs.

Will they allow more immigrants into the country post covid19? Time will tell.

My advise? Applicants thinking of migrating to UK, USA or Canada, should do so fast!

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 4:18pm On Apr 09, 2020
Crystalheart:
Good day pals

Please find attachments of my CIC portal below.
I want to apply for SP via online application method. I think there should be section on the menu to start application? If not, how do I initiate application?

I have checked on laptop and mobile.
Please I need your guidance on this.. Thanks

Scroll down, there is a section that says Start an application. In that section, click on Apply to come to Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Juwon21: 4:42pm On Apr 09, 2020
House good afternoon, please I want to ask that is it a must that one pays part or full tuition as evidence during application. Can one submit statement of account of sponsor having that amount.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 4:45pm On Apr 09, 2020
JustMellow:

I think I know this person. smiley
Yea you should...definitely.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chukwuemeka101: 4:54pm On Apr 09, 2020
JustMellow:

Move some pages backward, you will see where about two GCMS notes were uploaded. Since it mostly now comes generic, use both as a guide as your situation is closely knit to the raised concerns therein.

Thanks, one more question..

My previous job which i used the employment letter to apply for visa terminated last year, I got another job this year ,

My question.

1) can I combine the two employment letter, since they made mention of my work situation? Or

2) should I just apply with the previous like that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Francejaik(m): 5:44pm On Apr 09, 2020
JustMellow:

All banks. You will have to search for someone maybe a close relative or sibling to help you out

I must definitely do that. Thank you sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by iwillgetthere: 6:45pm On Apr 09, 2020
@Naijaforeigner. You are right. IRCC would not be magnanimous this time around with new study visa applicants especially September 2020 intake. You know why? most foriegn students already granted visa have deferred to next intake, same September 2020 as advised by most schools in Canada. Let us say about 80% would defer till September.

The point is, in order not to congest the classroom, most of the new applicants for September intake may be refused visa. Because the schools may not have enough capacity to combine the two sets.

My advice as a travel agent to my immigration clients is to wait till next year before applying for study visa. Except they are applying for next year.

Canada would be in need of foreign workers and tourists in the timenro come watchout for this.....I know new Express Entry and Foreign worker ( open work permit) applicants may benefit more from this pandemic in the long run.

Best bet, UK, Germany and US may be a temporary action for consideration.

quote author=Naijaforeigner post=88263125]

One thing is sure, Canadian economy will fall during this crisis and it will take time to bounce back. Post covid19, more people will struggle for few jobs.

My advise? Applicants thinking of migrating to UK, USA or Canada, should do so fast!

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 7:25pm On Apr 09, 2020
Sir Justmellow,

Good evening. So, I have finished the first draft of my LOE (as detailed as possible). Now, i have a question.

If i am using my brother as main sponsor and dad as co-sponsor, do i also need to upload my account balance since i am not part of the sponsors? I am likely to use my sister as co-sponsor two since she has more funds and has stated her interest. She works and lives in USA while my brother and dad are businessmen in Nigeria.

The answer would guide me in determining what to remove from this my first LOE draft and what else to add.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chukwuemeka101: 7:43pm On Apr 09, 2020
iwillgetthere:
@Naijaforeigner. You are right. IRCC would not be magnanimous this time around with new study visa applicants especially September 2020 intake. You know why? most foriegn students already granted visa have deferred to next intake, same September 2020 as advised by most schools in Canada. Let us say about 80% would defer till September.

The point is, in order not to congest the classroom, most of the new applicants for September intake may be refused visa. Because the schools may not have enough capacity to combine the two sets.

My advice as a travel agent to my immigration clients is to wait till next year before applying for study visa. Except they are applying for next year.

Canada would be in need of foreign workers and tourists in the timenro come watchout for this.....I know new Express Entry and Foreign worker ( open work permit) applicants may benefit more from this pandemic in the long run.

Best bet, UK, Germany and US may be a temporary action for consideration.

quote author=Naijaforeigner post=88263125]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 8:40pm On Apr 09, 2020
Chukwuemeka101:

Nice one... we have nothing to worry about
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 9:19pm On Apr 09, 2020
Chukwuemeka101:

Yes this news was updated and sent out to all schools on Tuesday. Unfortunately, it was a bit too late. Most schools already cancelled admission for students outside Canada who were supposed to begin lectures in May and made them defer till September. It is also important to note that there are some courses that cannot be offered online.

This whole thing is new and schools are thinking of ways to adjust. For example, streaming from Nigeria for classes in Canada will cost a whole lot of data. Who will pay for the extra cost? light issues? laptops? streaming issues? How will the school support students if they tell all applicants to resume May from their respective countries?

The good thing is, for students who have approval and are in Nigeria and decide to stream online for summer classes (if their school permits) should know that it will have no -ve effect towards PGWP as confirmed by IRCC.

The impact of Covid19 on visa applications? I don't think IRCC will deliberately refuse students. It is the schools that will look for a way to defer applicants. I see a situation where schools will reduce applications they receive for subsequent sessions to balance up (there might be no winter 2021 for some schools in some programs or reduced applications). There is a limit on students they can accept for a program per session. It is well.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kinzeerichy: 9:36pm On Apr 09, 2020
mcobex:
20k funding without you showing the other 20k(for your tuition balance and living expenses) won't help you at all. Because of the available funds at hand, I will advise you go with the 10k tuition (which has already been taken care of by the school), so you just need to provide a mere 10k(actually 9k cos you have extra 1k from funding) for your living expenses.
NB: I want to believe both schools offers same program, right?

Thank you very much. Both schools offer same programme.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 9:38pm On Apr 09, 2020
iwillgetthere

You have very valid points but i think schools will handle that aspect by losing one semester or session.

I think we see it differently. Canada needs students more than they need PR holders post covid19 (my opinion). The students contribute a whole lot to their economy via tuition.

At the moment, Canada is spending a whole lot in terms of benefits for PR, Citizens and International students. Once you have earned $5,000 in the past year and your job has been affected by Covid19 crisis you are eligible for $2,000 every 4 weeks for up to 4 months. No country in the world has been that generous this time of crisis to International students.
Well, they need to make that money back post covid19. I don't think they can afford to block the huge resources International students offer (Africa and Asia), well not now. It does not also mean they will increase visa approvals.

One thing is certain, many things will change, not just for Canada, post Covid19. Time will tell.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kinzeerichy: 9:39pm On Apr 09, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Kinzeerichy,

The option of Uvic should be considered and a good fit for your financial situation. In the aspect of your LE and the fxd., ask your father to liquidate say 2m and deposit it into his account to make the 6m bacome 8m. So doing coupled with your funding and closing balance of 1.5m, you will be able to have demonstrate that your LE is readily available.

In general view, what is the essence of 20k leaving you to debt of 10k, when 10k settles for a balance credit of 1k? 1k is big money don't reason it o!

Disclaimer:
You own your decision same as my opinion is mine.

All the best

Thank you very much. I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kinzeerichy: 9:43pm On Apr 09, 2020
AbigealTobs:

How come you got full funding, what’s your cgpa? And what course

I made first class. I applied for my Masters in law.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.