Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (640) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1021971 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obasanjo280: 12:19am On Apr 24, 2020
toluine56:

The following Panel Physicians are available in this country - ordered by city:
City: Abuja
Name: IOM MHAC Abuja
Address: No. 55, Hassan Musa Katsina Road ( at the junction of Hassan Musa Katsina Road and J-K Gadzama Street), Asokoro.,
E-mail: iomabujamedicalbooking@iom.int,
On line booking: https://mymedical.iom.int/omas/# frmHome (This panel physician or clinic provides services paid by Interim Federal Health Program) Google map: https:///maps/sNhDiu5JQtxjvCby9
Telephone: +234(0) 807 219 1122/0809 563 7898
0808 522 1427/0703 289 8491
Spoken Languages: English

City: Lagos
Name: Patrick Olayinka Olowojolu
Address: Q-Life Family Clinic,
Plot 155a Prince Ade Odedina Street,
off Sinari Daranijo, Victoria Island Annexe,
E-mail: y.olowojolu@qlifefamilyclinic.com/ info@qlifefamilyclinic.com
Telephone: +234-8113975433 or +234 7027704055

Name: Adetokunbo Omodele Alakija
E-mail: adealakija@hotmail.com / info@qlifefamilyclinic.com
Telephone: +234 8113975433
+234 7027704055

Name: Olutayo Olasimbo Labiyi
E-mail: jollywel3@gmail.com
Telephone: +234-8113975433 or +234 7027704055
Spoken Languages: English, Yoruba

Name: IOM MHAC Lagos
Address: No. 1 Isaac John Street,,
GRA Ikeja,
(This panel physician or clinic provides services paid by Interim Federal Health Program. Ce professionnel désigné ou cette clinique offrent des services payés par le Programme fédéral de santé intérimaire.)
Telephone: +234(0) 807 2191112; +234 802 2264059
+234(0) 909 9991256; +234(0) 909 2156079
thank you brother. Is Abuja not doing Quarantine? Will they do the medical for me? or i should call them?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Habeeb521(m): 8:36am On Apr 24, 2020
Hello,
Hi, im a prospective International student, I would be applying as a transfer student for fall 2021, I've completed a 5 years Higher national Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering technology @the Polytechnic here, having done that i would like to apply as a transfer student, for an undergraduate program (Petroleum Engineering) in UofAlberta or UofCalgary . what I'm concerned about is getting an admission with this criteria from Nigeria as a Higher national Diploma holder, getting advanced standing or placement for the course i enrolled for and has this type of transfer been done to Uof A or UofC for Admission. what are the possibilities and if i was given an admission how many years would it take for me to finish the course in petroleum Engineering. Thanks in advance guys, been a while, im glad I'm back on this thread after 6years to continue my ambition to Canada. #TRVfall2021
My regards to @justwise, @Chrigo if im correct, been a while and others
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkayconcept: 9:03am On Apr 24, 2020
oma22:

Timeline:
Application submitted: 8th March
Biometrics: 13th March
Medical request: 23rd April

Documents submitted are:
Acceptance Letter
School fees payment receipt
The relevant forms
Birth certificate
Nysc certificate
First degree statement of result
Evidence of work requirements to study (it came with my acceptance letter)
My pensions statement
Bank statement for the last 4 months
Recommendation letter from my formal manager in Shell (I used to work in shell as a contract staff before I moved to NLNG)
Payslip for 6 months
Professional membership certificates (I belong to American society of safety engineers and Canadian society of safety engineers and Rotary too)
My CV
My work ID card
My SOP
Letter from my mom saying that she is consenting to me traveling and that I will come back after wards
Passport datapage of my siblings
Few family pictures
Previous visas ( I have traveled to the Uk, Qatar and Dubai before)

Then from my co sponsor who is my sister, she is a staff in Shell Qatar:
Her sponsorship letter
Bank statement (it’s a savings account she said she set up for my schooling in Canada)
6months payslip
Letter from her place of work Shell Qatar
Her house lease there
Her residence permit there
Her marriage certificate
Her work ID

Hi dear, did you submit police clearance certificate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkayconcept: 9:04am On Apr 24, 2020
I want to find out please...

Those that have submitted recently, did you added police clearance letter to your documents.

Since Lagos is on shutdown I want to know if it is possible to get police clearance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Seundeola: 9:20am On Apr 24, 2020
@Frankrobbn1 and everyone please help me

I was recently granted admission at the university of saskatchewan. I have just N3.5 million but the tuition and one year living expenses for family of 3 is 34,000 CAD. I am trying to raise funds through sponsor but I want to ask: does my sponsor have to transfer the funds to my account? I intend to travel with my family as my daughter is just 8 months old and my husband is entitled to one year leave of absence at his place of work. The masters is just one year and I explain in my SOP while applying for admission that I intend to come back to Nigeria to expand my farm business. Please what is the likelihood of getting Visa since I will be travelling with husband and daughter. My husband will be with my daughter while I go for lectures.

Kindly respond

Frankrobbn1:

Here are some links that might be useful to you. Please take your valuable time to read through the part 15, and part 16 thread to gather relevant informations on applying for a study visa to Canada.

CANADIAN STUDY VISA THREAD PART 15

CANADIAN STUDY VISA THREAD PART 16

LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR A SUCCESSFUL CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION

If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out here for assistance.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 24, 2020
House please is police clearance really important as part of the documents to submit ??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obasanjo280: 10:02am On Apr 24, 2020
Phatkayconcept:
I want to find out please...

Those that have submitted recently, did you added police clearance letter to your documents.

Since Lagos is on shutdown I want to know if it is possible to get police clearance
I put police clearance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 10:05am On Apr 24, 2020
Obasanjo280:
I put police clearance
can you please check your mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by segzyndpep(m): 10:15am On Apr 24, 2020
Adetayoade1:
House please is police clearance really important as part of the documents to submit ??

For study visa i dont think its important,but if you can still add it then do so.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 24, 2020
Bless your soul
segzyndpep:

For study visa i dont think its important,but if you can still add it then do so.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Lekiboboe: 10:37am On Apr 24, 2020
Adetayoade1:

Police Clearance Certificate is OPTIONAL

However, in order to avoid delay in processing time in case they need it, Its advisable to include it.....(from a reliable source)..

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Habeeb521(m): 10:53am On Apr 24, 2020
Please ooo, if there's any one in the house that give idea or knowledge about transfer option into university of alberta or calgary for transfer credit for undergraduate admission. I really need to explore this option for my application
Habeeb521:
Hello,
Hi, im a prospective International student, I would be applying as a transfer student for fall 2021, I've completed a 5 years Higher national Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering technology @the Polytechnic here, having done that i would like to apply as a transfer student, for an undergraduate program (Petroleum Engineering) in UofAlberta or UofCalgary . what I'm concerned about is getting an admission with this criteria from Nigeria as a Higher national Diploma holder, getting advanced standing or placement for the course i enrolled for and has this type of transfer been done to Uof A or UofC for Admission. what are the possibilities and if i was given an admission how many years would it take for me to finish the course in petroleum Engineering. Thanks in advance guys, been a while, im glad I'm back on this thread after 6years to continue my ambition to Canada. #TRVfall2021
My regards to @justwise, @Chrigo if im correct, been a while and others
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Adurami040517: 11:04am On Apr 24, 2020
Please house and those who have submitted online application, I want to confirm if the current and expired passport are to be uploaded in the passport section or the current passport only, then I upload the expired ones in the client information section, cos my main travel history is on my expired passports while I have just one travel history on my current passport. Thank you
Adetayoade1:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 11:59am On Apr 24, 2020
Hi all, hope we are all observing and keeping to the advice of the health care professionals. I am sure this pandemic too will pass soon and we all will still be here with no loss IJN

To all those who recently have been refused their study visa, I feel your pain and I want to encourage you to order for your GCMS notes to ascertain if there is a hidden reason by the VO aside the normal generic refusal reasons. I will also advice that no one should be discouraged but rather sit back, rethink and repackage. But one thing you must not do is to start rushing to re-apply. Trust me, from experience, I know some reasons behind someone wanting to rush and reapply, but I am strongly advising against it.

Congratulations to those getting medical requests because you are almost there. I advise no one should feel like a supper man/woman but rather attribute it to the Grace of God aside you’re hard work/input.
Kindly make sure to help others on these forum as best as you can. If they ask questions, please respond as best as you can. If they reach you in person, please don’t do shakara, respond as best as you can also. I have one question, DOES THE MEDICAL REQUEST STATES 30days or 90days? Please let us know if any of the medical centers are open.

As for all the other great men and women who has been taking their time to respond, explain and helping others, I greet you all. Please keep doing the good.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 1:34pm On Apr 24, 2020
segzyndpep:

Yes will do that sir.
Also kindly advice what is enough for a one year programme as a proof of fund aside the tuition fee.Because i dont know anything again.

Aside the annual tuition. You need to show POF for your living expenses which is $10,000CAD and extra $2,000CAD for miscellaneous expenses (flight itinerary)

It will end in praise

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by segzyndpep(m): 1:51pm On Apr 24, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Aside the annual tuition. You need to show POF for your living expenses which is $10,000CAD and extra $2,000CAD for miscellaneous expenses (flight itinerary)

It will end in praise

Amen thank you sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 1:57pm On Apr 24, 2020
Wadogho:
@Frankrobbn1

The reason why I choose MUN is because of the cheap tution fees, and as you know money is a major factor. University of Saskatchewan is also my second choice of University
Please my email is wadogho@gmail.com
Can you message me let's talk more or better still drop your email address Nd I'd contact you
Let's talk better.
Do I also need to send my ss1 to ss3 Transcripts to MUN since I'm going for an undergraduate program??
I'm not a transfer student
Thanks

Wadogho:
@Frankrobbn1

And also please do I need to send my ss1- ss3 Transcripts since I'm going for a bachelor's degree (undergraduate)?

I'm not transferring from a university!

Preferable you should apply to University of Saskatchewan since that's your second choice. It's way much better than MUN in consideration of its undergraduate admission requirement.

I'm only trying to save you from the stress, time and effort you might waste seeking for undergraduate admission from MUN.

I know people that have been there and how things turned out for them. Experience has been the best teacher for me. I will advice you stick to my advice.

Following your questions about MUN undergraduate admission, what is required is your WAEC confirmation of result, you need to pay N10,000 to the WAEC office at yaba to prepare this document and an additional N14,000 for them to send it via courier to MUN.

For the English proficiency requirement - You will have to register and pay for the IELTS (academic option) exam fee of N75,000, read and must attain overall 6.5 band with no modules below 6.0band. Bear in mind, that there is also no guarante you will achieve this score after writing the exam. Now, can you see how much you've spent just to secure an undergraduate admission into MUN?. The entire process will also take between 2-3 months.

I have given my advice, the ball is on your court to decide.

It will end in praise

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkayconcept: 2:01pm On Apr 24, 2020
Obasanjo280:
I put police clearance

How do you get it please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 2:41pm On Apr 24, 2020
librangyps:

Is it possible to get medical request when biometrics is not done?

I'm yet to apply but wondering if theres no means to get the biometrics done, will the application be worked on?

You have to complete your biometrics first before a medical request will be initiated by IRCC. In the case that you're a first time applicant, you can submit your application and wait for 90 days prior to submitting your fingerprints at the VAC. During this time the first check which is the R10 check will be done on your application at the Canadian embassy by the immigration case analyst while the Visa processing will be pending until your biometrics details have been sent to the Visa officer and properly updated on your Mycic account.

It will end in praise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 2:48pm On Apr 24, 2020
oloreofe01:

Okay. I applied via paper route since 14th of February, linked my account but there's no update yet.
Does anyone know of those who applied in Feb, using the paper route that has an update on their application yet?

Raise a CSE using THE NAIROBI WEB FORM enquiring about the current status of your application and asking if they require additional documents from you that could expedite the processing of your Visa. Thank the immigration of Canada for taking their time in processing your study visa and the fact that you're looking forward to a positive consideration in your application.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 2:56pm On Apr 24, 2020
oma22:
Hi guys, Good evening. So I have been a silent member of this group for a couple of month’s now. I got my medical request today. I applied on the 8th of March, did my biometrics on the 13th of March and my medical request dropped today. Thank you all for the information, it really went a long way.

Congratulations Chioma, I'm happy it worked for you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ollydollar: 2:56pm On Apr 24, 2020
Please how can I unlock my account on Gckey, a message has been sent to me since April 8th but I mistakenly lock d account as a result of wrong security question. I need help quickly to unlock my Gckey online account. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 3:21pm On Apr 24, 2020
Ollydollar:
Please how can I unlock my account on Gckey, a message has been sent to me since April 8th but I mistakenly lock d account as a result of wrong security question. I need help quickly to unlock my Gckey online account. Thanks

Report the issue to the Technical System Admin of IRCC. They will be responsible for unlocking your Mycic account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Toshotosho: 3:22pm On Apr 24, 2020
Gurus,

Kindly advice me.
Submitted an online application for student permit since 13th of February 2020 and the processing time then was 8 weeks, i have not gotten a feedback.

Please advise on what to do.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 3:23pm On Apr 24, 2020
Toshotosho:
Gurus,

Kindly advice me.
Submitted an online application for student permit since 13th of February 2020 and the processing time then was 8 weeks, i have not gotten a feedback.

Please advise on what to do.

Thank you

Your application has exceeded the standard processing times. Kindly raise a CSE using THE NAIROBI WEB FORM enquiring about the current status of your application and asking if they require additional documents from you that could expedite the processing of your Visa. Thank the immigration of Canada for taking their time in processing your study visa and the fact that you're looking forward to a positive consideration in your application.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 24, 2020
Greetings to you sir does this mean the whole application would be on hold for months till biometric is done ? Wow
Frankrobbn1:

You have to complete your biometrics first before a medical request will be initiated by IRCC. In the case that you're a first time applicant, you can submit your application and wait for 90 days prior to submitting your fingerprints at the VAC. During this time the first check which is the R10 check will be done on your application at the Canadian embassy by the immigration case analyst while the Visa processing will be pending until your biometrics details have been sent to the Visa officer and properly updated on your Mycic account.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Insanity(m): 4:45pm On Apr 24, 2020
Hello house,

I am a bit confused with an issue in my application. I have been working from home for a company since February this year and it's an unpaid job. I don't know the document to submit as evidence of this activity, as the company has agreed to provide an official letter for my application.

Should I request for a recommendation letter, employment letter or reference letter? I don't know if an employment letter is suitable in this case as I won't be submitting any pay slips or ID cards for this job, I have that for the previous employers.

Please I need your help. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Martinomi: 4:45pm On Apr 24, 2020
Olayibo1:
website design and development

Check
1. Conestoga college - website design and development. I think it's a 2 year program
2. Humber college - web development which is 3 semesters. Work placement at the last semester

You can check cambrian college for their mobile app dev program. It has a bit of web dev. You get an unpaid internship afterwards.

Goodluck ✌
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Adurami040517: 5:57pm On Apr 24, 2020
Oga Frank please can you help with answer to this
Adurami040517:
Please house and those who have submitted online application, I want to confirm if the current and expired passport are to be uploaded in the passport section or the current passport only, then I upload the expired ones in the client information section, cos my main travel history is on my expired passports while I have just one travel history on my current passport. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by eddyme(m): 6:04pm On Apr 24, 2020
Hello Good people
Please what should i fill in this section.

Have you visited or lived in any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Annettevoke(f): 6:56pm On Apr 24, 2020
i did it today and was charged 200Naira but still have not receive the MyBank Statement Ticket, been 3hrs now, how long does it take please so i dont need to request for another one? thanks

Lekiboboe:

Probably its the Lockdown that has paralyzed some of this Banking Activiy , and also whether not all Branches of GTbank or Zenth Bank has that ability to issue MyBank Statement Ticket..

Do check this video out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSnvnvLcI5k

This sample was made using GTBANK ONLINE to request MyBank Statement Ticket

(1) (2) (3) ... (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.