Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1018580 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by skirmish: 11:43am On Jun 28, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

It's very unreasonable of the visa officer at the Canadian embassy to have refused your temporary resident visa on the basis of your active Express Entry profile, in view of the fact that it was clearly stated on IRCC offical website that having dual intents (1 for temporary residence and 1 for permanent residence) is legitimate, and does not preclude the applicant from becoming a temporary resident so long as the applicant can satisfy the visa officer that he/she has significant ties to their home country that will motivate their return home by the end of the period authorized for their stay. With that being said, dual intent on the part of the applicant is therefore not prima facie grounds for refusal of temporary resident status. It's inappropriate that the visa officer's don't practice the subsection 22(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) to the decision-making process.

Once again, Congratulations to you and your family.

Hello Mr. Frankrobbn1, I know you are very busy. I tried to send you a PM. I need an advice and it is not something I can put out in a public forum. Can you please, accept my PM?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:44am On Jun 28, 2019
wiselong:
Good Day All,

Please which address should I use for all the references letters to be used for the student visa application

Can I also get sample of reference letter to be written by the bank because am using FD, Mutual Benefits and RSA

Thank you

All letters for your temporary resident visa should be forwarded to this address -

Deputy High Commission of Canada,
4 Anifowose Street,
Victoria Island,
Lagos State,
Nigeria.

With regards to your next query, this is not express entry that would require a specific format of bank reference letter to be addressed to the embassy. You can use the generic letter given to you by the bank for your study permit and you will be okay.

Success!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 11:45am On Jun 28, 2019
TheInvestor:
Hi guys, just to be sure - the principal applicant for study permit does not need to complete the ''application for temporary resident visa" form , right?
please fill it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 11:45am On Jun 28, 2019
please is there anyway i can replace a document in my application like proof of funds or sth?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:47am On Jun 28, 2019
Vesment:
please is there anyway i can replace a document in my application like proof of funds or sth?

Replace in what way?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:50am On Jun 28, 2019
skirmish:

Hello Mr. Frankrobbn1, I know you are very busy. I tried to send you a PM. I need an advice and it is not something I can put out in a public forum. Can you please, accept my PM?

Hi skirmish,

I find it difficult to respond to mails from this platform. Kindly check, I have reciprocated now!..

Ps: Please can you check your email address as I am getting an error message from my end when trying to respond to your request

As many of you that sent me a request, I sincerely apologise for the delay in getting a feedback from me. I will try my possible best to respond to all of your requests and queries today. Thanks for your understanding.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 11:59am On Jun 28, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Replace in what way?
Like replace the existing one there if I made a mistake on it after submitting it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 12:03pm On Jun 28, 2019
Vesment:

Like replace the existing one there if I made a mistake on it after submitting it

I don't think you can be able to accomplish this once you've successfully submitted your application. You can only send additional documents which you feel might be useful in your application to IRCC via webform/email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 12:10pm On Jun 28, 2019
mzjokky16:

Thank you so much @frankrobbn1, i really appreciate your reply and i think i am at ease, my home ties are my 6siblings, my parent and me inheriting my father's farm business as the first child with my ambition to be a renowned lecturer in Nigeria.

Great plan and prospects you've upon your return to Nigeria. Your SOP/LOE should do justice to those points and also appear very convincing as possible.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 12:10pm On Jun 28, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

I don't think you can be able to accomplish this once you've successfully submitted your application. You can only send additional documents which you feel might be useful in your application to IRCC via webform/email.
Aru mere, added my parents landed documents to my Sop and then little paragraph mistake which I didn't notice. Rn is God of shiloh prayer oh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 12:12pm On Jun 28, 2019
Vesment:

Aru mere, added my parents landed documents to my Sop and then little paragraph mistake which I didn't notice. Rn is God of shiloh prayer oh

This is actually not a problem. What you must know is that there is no perfect application elsewhere without God. This is the moment you should keep your faith alive and trust that everything will work out in your favour. Also, you can utilize your chances by sending across the UPDATED SOP to Kenya visa office so they could append it with your ongoing application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 12:14pm On Jun 28, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

This is actually not a problem. What you must know is that there is no perfect application elsewhere without God. This is the moment you should keep your faith alive and trust that everything will work out in your favour.
Thank you man. According to applications here am seeing that going for graduate certification is slim but I want to stay for 8 months and not interested in long 2years which I explained there in my Sop but still scared
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 12:22pm On Jun 28, 2019
Vesment:

Thank you man. According to applications here am seeing that going for graduate certification is slim but I want to stay for 8 months and not interested in long 2years which I explained there in my Sop but still scared

Hahahahah grin grin you guys don't seize to amaze me in this Nairaland! Why follow what people say and doom yourself into secret misery.... I know of countless applicants in Canada who travelled with a 8 months PGD/C program, some of which have graduated and currently in their PGWP e.g Jephehe, hrchris and so many others which are too many for me to count. As a matter of fact, the fastest approval which I have encountered over my 2 years and above existence on this thread in the year 2017 was a PGC/D applicant and was approved within 48hrs by Accra Immigration office. Generally, I figured out that PGC/D applicants applications are processed timely within a month. I would suggest you cross your fingers and hope for a positive outcome on your application.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by skirmish: 12:29pm On Jun 28, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Hi skirmish,

I find it difficult to respond to mails from this platform. Kindly check, I have reciprocated now!..

Ps: Please can you check your email address as I am getting an error message from my end when trying to respond to your request

As many of you that sent me a request, I sincerely apologise for the delay in getting a feedback from me. I will try my possible best to respond to all of your requests and queries today. Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks for your response. I have changed the email address now. Please, try and see if it will go through again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 12:30pm On Jun 28, 2019
Thanks bro. You give much hope. Love that. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by teefinix: 12:39pm On Jun 28, 2019
Good morning,
I got alert for a new message on my account. I saw an icon for correspondence letter but i have clicked severally on the icon but the letter is not opening at all. Is there a way am suppose to open that i am not getting?
Pleaee assist
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Shadypoza01: 12:44pm On Jun 28, 2019
Vfs Abuja is crazy. They still didn't allow me submit my passport today n kept insisting on a reference document 4rm embassy. As if d passport submission letter wasn't enough. And they re not even aware of the 13k fee dts supoz to be paid. Heading to d airport already, lemme goan sort it out in Lagos vfs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gakintan: 12:45pm On Jun 28, 2019
Qudkom:

Answer the following:
1. Previous Bsc Credential:chemical Engr
2. Cgpa:2.8
3. Any English exams taken (Toefl, Ielts)? Not taken
4. How many years Work experience?15+
5. MBA programs are very expensive so do you have a viable sponsor or financially buoyant to take on the program?
possible to work towards it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 12:49pm On Jun 28, 2019
gakintan:
possible to work towards it

Your cgpa doesn't qualify you for a straight msc at the very least.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stell12: 12:52pm On Jun 28, 2019
[quote author=westlife08 post=79739910][/quote]

Thanks for the reply. I'm in my early 30's so ...........

Please house, what's the next step for me?

All advice will be cherished.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jamesimorgan: 12:58pm On Jun 28, 2019
Thank you Jules
i tried that for 4 different school but did not receive any offer

Juleskiki:
Sorry for your delay...

I am not a guru thou, but from the little I know... You have a very good CGPA. Please try going for a Masters degree and you never know you might get a full funded program with this GPA.

Good luck

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 12:59pm On Jun 28, 2019
teefinix:
Good morning,
I got alert for a new message on my account. I saw an icon for correspondence letter but i have clicked severally on the icon but the letter is not opening at all. Is there a way am suppose to open that i am not getting?
Pleaee assist
Cic files are usually in pdf formats. Maybe you need to download a pdf application. Better still use another device.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Shadypoza01: 1:01pm On Jun 28, 2019
No, they didn't ask me but it doesn't mean dt they might not ask you, cos i saw a post of someone saying they asked for his/her bank statement after doing d medicals but as soon as they verified it, d visa was approved.

moetariq:

Shady Poza, that's a strong one. Congrats. This took over a year.
Did IRCC at any point ask you for a new bank statement or proof of funds? Or that POF you submitted overall year ago is still the one that will be used to conclude the case. I have applied and am supposed to return the money. Hope they won't ask me for a second POF? Gurus please comment.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkings: 1:05pm On Jun 28, 2019
Hello frank is me again still drafting my sop. Can I include that my elder bro is starting his investment company his documents are already with cac ( the address of the office also bears our residential address in Lagos) as part of my home ties thereby I hve a reason to return.
Note I am also listed as one of the directors of the company... Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 1:10pm On Jun 28, 2019
Who else received this message from Nrobi after sending a web form? I got this 3days after sending a web form for my account to be updated and my PPR sent. Today I got this. Is it a good sign?

"[b][/b]Good day,

Please be informed that we are currently experiencing a technical hitch . Your decision will be sent in the coming days."
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 1:24pm On Jun 28, 2019
Phatkings:
Hello frank is me again still drafting my sop. Can I include that my elder bro is starting his investment company his documents are already with cac ( the address of the office also bears our residential address in Lagos) as part of my home ties thereby I hve a reason to return.
Note I am also listed as one of the directors of the company... Thank you

The bolded is the key tie here. Definitely it's necessary you include it with your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by pete26(m): 1:32pm On Jun 28, 2019
mzjokky16:
i have submitted my application last week, but my dad only have 35m in his account and he pledged to give me 5m each year making 10m for the 2 years and i also have 8k funding from Mun each year for my masters program, but i have 6siblings, did you all think this financial status is strong.
i have been seeing people with huge SOA getting the visa, hope the money i have isnt too small.
Please how did you request for funding from MUN?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by pete26(m): 1:34pm On Jun 28, 2019
Obehi44:
Congratulations... I tap into your blessings. I will testify here too IJN

congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gatsbym4(m): 2:07pm On Jun 28, 2019
Razzo:
Finally TRV
Never been this patient in my life for anything

App. Date: 20-02-2019
Background passed: 20-02-2019
Medical Request: 12-04-2019
Medical passed: 24-04-2019
Eligibility review passed: 02-05-2019
Program: Masters
Course: Electrical and Computer Engineering
School: University of Windsor
Route of submissions: Paper

Documents submitted:
All CIC forms
Well detailed 3 paged SOP
Offer and Letter of Admission
Undergraduate Transcripts
B.Eng Certificate & other professionals certifications
WAEC Results
NYSC Certificate
Receipt of School Fees Deposit ($6,000)
Birth certificate and international passport data page of parents and siblings.
Police clearance certificate.
Employment letters
Pay slips
Resume/cv
SOA of sponsor, father ($30,000 & N29m)
Sponsor’s letter & affidavit
Parents landed documents
PLENTY OF PRAYERS

After my medical request, I got a mail stating that the naira account seems fraudulent and requested for “my bank statement ticket ID and password”. I won’t lie to you this rattled me despite using a genuine statement of account. I generated the requested using my internet banking and sent to them as requested.

After so much waiting and praying it finally came.
I really want to use this opportunity to thank one of the most selfless human beings I know @frankrobbn1. Right from SOP review till date you’ve been most helpful. You’re blessed and always will be.
Then @awuuga I met you in this forum, I’m so happy our paths crossed, your a friend turned brother. What excites me the most is that we are going to the same school and the same course. Also, you being a term ahead of me gives me someone to look up to for guidance in school.

To all helping out applicants here, you guys are awesome. More power.

My advice to newbies, try and read the threads. It might be tiring and nobody expects you to read all the pages but read enough.

Noticed you didn't submit your own personal statement of account

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkings: 2:22pm On Jun 28, 2019
Mr frank another disturbance the institution didn't indicate that I pay any deposit of the indicated tuition fees what should I do next? Go ahead and pay any deposit and attached it to my application or the money should be transferred to my account or what I need help?

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.