Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1025795 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by akins56(m): 7:26am On Jun 29, 2019
mcobex:
Not compulsory since you are not working. That of your sponsor will be enough, but make sure you explain that you just finished your nysc(state the date)..... though I want to believe you already have that on your CV
thanks.I didn't write nysc on my cv but i wrote nysc on my sop and i attached my final clearance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by westlife08: 7:27am On Jun 29, 2019
Your profile seems okay. You only need to quickly repackage your application, tackle the financial and personal assets concern raised by the VO and reapply since you can't defer. UBC is a top Uni. I don't want you to miss the opportunity. No VO will expect you to have assets at age 20. If your Dad can fund your 3 or 4 years education in Turkey, it is assumed that he can fund 1-2years of Masters degree. So, work more on ur Dad's sponsorship documents. I don't think the balance in his pension account is 400k, if it is, then you may need to exclude that.
JOCng:

got my refusal letter this evening.

please does anyone have any idea how i can tackle this issue? i previously provided fathers assets and their valuation(worth about 200mil). any advice would be appreciated as i intend to reapply as soon as possible.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Razzo: 7:38am On Jun 29, 2019
benque:
Congratulations bro. This just uplifted my spirit as it is same course and same school, we go surely jam for there. Are you for September or January? I'll like to know the method you used in paying your deposit.

september. I paid using CIBC international students pay. You can check the cashiers office on the school website for other payment options.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 29, 2019
akins56:
Good morning, i completed my nysc this thursday and i applied for a student visa yesterday. Is it compulsory for me to submit my own soa too because my account is empty.

No it's not compulsory. Hope your sponsor have a good inflow and outflow of cash that can cover whatever aforementioned you need.

Congratulations on your POP.

which University are you going to and what course?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Razzo: 7:41am On Jun 29, 2019
gatsbym4:

Noticed you didn't submit your own personal statement of account
i didn’t have upto N1m in it and didn’t see the need to but I submitted my pay slips showing my salary, allowances and tax

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by teefinix: 7:46am On Jun 29, 2019
Hello sir @ frankrobbn1.....i have sent 2 pm to you. I need your urgent review of SOP before i reapply.

My email is adeola.oluwatoni@gmail.com

God bless you.

Frankrobbn1:

Who am I to receive such honour? cool. Congratulations Chibyke, Its good to hear that you made the most of the advices given to you by me in your application and it ended with an approval.. I am happy to be in the context of your TRV crowing achievement. I am also patiently waiting for some monikers here to share their testimony soon.... These monikers know themselves. wink

I will also create out time to be here with you guys as well as contribute my little quota for the fulfillment of this reputable platform..

God bless us all as we continue to help each other in achieving our Canadian dreams.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chinedum2019: 7:49am On Jun 29, 2019
Hello good day gurus in d house, pls help me with ur candid advise.my husband applied for PGD in Canada on the 25th of march through an agent,did biometrics on d 27th of march and till today we've not gotten any mail from them.he didn't do upfront medicals. His application is still saying background check.pls what do u advise we do? I'm new here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JOCng: 7:50am On Jun 29, 2019
Ibitowaoa:
Sorry for the rejection letter.
I think you have all the requirements.
Ur Acct ✅
Assets ✅
Everything ✅
But were you able to convince them through your LOE that you coming back home ?
Doubt I think you didn’t do.
So you should try look into that

I wrote a letter of explanation but I dont think it was convincing enough. I was hoping someone in the group will help me get through it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by akins56(m): 7:58am On Jun 29, 2019
Ayodeji787:

No it's not compulsory. Hope your sponsor have a good inflow and outflow of cash that can cover whatever aforementioned you need.

Congratulations on your POP.

which University are you going to and what course?
thanks. brandon university, masters in rural development
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JOCng: 7:59am On Jun 29, 2019
westlife08:
Your profile seems okay. You only need to quickly repackage your application, tackle the financial and personal assets concern raised by the VO and reapply since you can't defer. UBC is a top Uni. I don't want you to miss the opportunity. No VO will expect you to have assets at age 20. If your Dad can fund your 3 or 4 years education in Turkey, it is assumed that he can fund 1-2years of Masters degree. So, work more on ur Dad's sponsorship documents. I don't think the balance in his pension account is 400k, if it is, then you may need to exclude that.

Thank you for your suggestion. I will also try to write a more convincing SOP. Do you think my sponsor being a pensioneer with no business had anything to do with their decision?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 8:00am On Jun 29, 2019
akins56:
thanks.I didn't write nysc on my cv but i wrote nysc on my sop and i attached my final clearance
I think NYSC should be included in your CV, it is part of your working experience, also it helps to show what you were doing during that year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by akins56(m): 8:17am On Jun 29, 2019
mcobex:
I think NYSC should be included in your CV, it is part of your working experience, also it helps to show what you were doing during that year
please,what should i do now?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by megapixels: 8:33am On Jun 29, 2019
Hello Everyone,
Just got denied a Student Visa for the following reasons
1.Statement of purpose
2.Personal assets and financial status

SOA 8m excluding 1.5m paid as first semester tuition fee
Paid 1.5m as first semester tuition
Going for PGC in Business Analytics in Cambrian College
Mature candidate
Married with two kids
Graduated in 2005
My SOP was 3 pages long highlighting the values I will get from the program,detailing source of funds (I made 3 bulk payments into my account before I applied)
Currently work in a financial institution
Submitted land docs, employment letters, promotion letters, payslips for myself and wife
Didn't use the account my salary is paid into used my other account instead due to loan deductions from the account

Gurus in the house please I need your help in tackling the above reasons for the denial.My school resumes on Sept 3 2019 and I want to quickly reapply.

I applied online on June 1st
Biometrics done on June 6th
BVL email on June 27th
Refusal mail on June 28th

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stell12: 8:41am On Jun 29, 2019
[Qquote author=Qudkom post=79758997]

In reference to the bolded your proposed course of study shows little or no correlation with previous studies. You should be looking for programs like MBA, Executive Mba, forensic accounting etc programs. I'm talking about programs that can ease your post studies settlement in Canada.

Also going for the proposed program will raise doubts on your purpose of visit in Canada. So please thread carefully. [/quote]

Thank you for the reply. Any suggestions on schools with these courses around Ontario? I was initially looking at Workplace psychology, industrial/ Occupational psychology..... Please help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by emmy4Gold: 9:03am On Jun 29, 2019
Good morning great intellectuals and good people of this wonderful trade. I have been an ardent follower of this thread from part 12. Although I don't have a testimony to share yet but i believe my testimony is on the Way. I am appealing to the guru's in the house to kindly assist me in proofreading my SOP. I would be grateful for assisting me and being part of my success story.
Thank you.
Team Winter 2020

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sashaa(f): 9:25am On Jun 29, 2019
Martbills:

Good day brother.
Pls I need advice.

I went to abuja for my biometric and capturing on the 24 June.
I was given a tracking number.
I check the next day , and is showing to record found yet , pls what does that me, any explanation pls.

What do I do.
I did biometrics same day also in Abuja
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sashaa(f): 9:28am On Jun 29, 2019
Where are @bracha, @tlontin and @optimus? We miss you here. Hopeyou are all doing okay.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:05am On Jun 29, 2019
Purplestorm:
Hi really appreciate you guys, I have a dilemma. With a profile like this, Graduated law 2002, law school, NYSC, worked in a law firm for years, in 2009 worked as a public servant for 6 years in education visited Canada in that capacity, subsequently went back to a different law firm and have since worked there while volunteering as an English teacher in some schools. I have also taken some English teaching courses online. I have a passion for both Law and Education. However at this point I would love to pursue a career in Education as I intend setting up a school. What do you advise?

All that has to do with this profile is "self development' which is also reasonable. Technically, there is no career progression. However, there is no worries or much harm, as the VO wants to see a genuine student with either a study intention or selected course that has to do with either "self-development" or "career progression", or both, which your study intention falls in either or inbetween both.

Enough being said, the key to your success is your SOP. It should be able to explain about your new found passion and whatever benefits it would have to you as a person, future goals, country, entire reasonableness/endeavours and tie it to your home ties from an economic viewpoint. The tone of your SOP should be passionate about your career/course interest, the motivational drive to the new found interest, future projections by trying to relate your present career to your intend course (career). If possible tell a story that flows in the aforenentioned in chronological order, most importantly, think outside the box.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:06am On Jun 29, 2019
95seun:

Can a court affidavit be used in place of a power of attorney ?

Most preferably in this case is the power of attorney.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:12am On Jun 29, 2019
95seun:
I need advise from complex applicants / anyone with similar experience as this applicant is mid degree and changing programs.

The SOP is in the 7 page range. This content is Intro, reason for program, why Canadian school as opposed to Nigerian options, job opportunities in Nigeria and opportunities for growth and expansion in Nigeria and economic home ties to Nigeria.

Is this too much ?

I don't see a 7 page SOP as too much "if only" it addresses the "direct" concerns related to your application/situation, otherwise, reduce the page number. Don't allow your writing to be higgledy-piggledy.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:15am On Jun 29, 2019
95seun:
For people with multiple refusals — upwards of two, in successive applications how did you structure your LOE ?
The current template I’m following is to address the most current refusal, and then explain how I have addressed previous refusals.
Is this necessary or should I only address the current refusal if previous refusal reasons were not mentioned in the latest GCMS note and refusal letter ?

Only address the most recent refusal reason(s)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:22am On Jun 29, 2019
MsJu:
I just got informed that my application is being processed in Paris. Abeg any success story from there?

This is new, especially for Nigerian applicants (study). Which route did you apply via? I guess you got to know via the response to your email(s) of enquiries?

Sometimes in April (i think), someone was approved by Ghana VO, via the paper route.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by emmy4Gold: 10:28am On Jun 29, 2019
[quote author=JustMellow post=79773636
Only address the most recent refusal reason(s)[/quote]
Oga JustMellow can you pls....... sir assist me in vetting my SOP. pls sir kindly help a brother.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:35am On Jun 29, 2019
judisco2019:
Hello guys,

I just got my refusal letter now.

I applied on June 7th and did biometric on 10th.

Got BVL on 27th and refusal on 28th.

I have OND and HND in Electrical/Electronics Engineering and I got admission for a one year certificate Program in Truck and Transport Service Technician in NBCC.

The reason why I wanted to do the program is because I have been working as a Logistics personnel for over 9 years. As a logistics person, I was involved with managing fleets and trucks for the distribution of products across the country. Part of the problems we encounter is incessant truck break downs and ending up at the hands of bad truck mechanics. I then choose the program to learn more about truck repairs. I stated all that in my SOP.

The refusal letter I got reads thus:

Dear JUDE CHIBUIKE KANU,

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit
application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and
Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee.

Documents that I submitted:
CID Documents
Sponsor's statement of account with closing balance of 8million (My sponsor is my friend) We intend to co-own a logistics company on my return
My statement of account with closing balance of 5million
My Admission Letter
My deposit receipt of 500CAD screenshot
My SOP
My land agreement
My pension with balance of 2m
My parents and siblings birth cert
Police clearance
Sponsor international passport and affidavit of sponsorship and Date of birth
CV
Study Leave from my company
Employment Letter from my company
Employment confirmation letter
Employment recommendation letter from my previous company
Affidavit of Return
2 CAC business name registration

I am 30 years old.

My programs starts on September, I want to re-apply but I want the gurus to look at my profile and advice.

I have also ordered for my CGSM Note.

Kindly advice guys.

The issue came from your SOP, besides, the closing balance of the third party sponsorship is not reasonable irrespective of the 5m in your account. There was also no proper proper proof of commitment and "established relationship" shown.

At most, its good to know you've requested for your gcms notes.

BTW its advisable to defer your admission.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:38am On Jun 29, 2019
Mudicua:
Hello everyone,

Please what are the chances of a masters degree in Canada, for someone who has a 3rd class in Engineering, and certified with COREN in Nigeria and is 34 years old? I have tried looking for schools but it is really hard. His GPA is 2.34. I am thinking of a PGD, but which schools will admit on that. he is really passionate about engineering though. Also trying to see how WES can evaluate his COREN. I would really appreciate your responses.

@Qudkom, @Frankrobben, @sleekysoft, @westlife08, @mcobex and others whom I did not mention please kindly help.

Thank you all.

Try out Memorial University for their Graduate Diploma
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:47am On Jun 29, 2019
JOCng:

got my refusal letter this evening.

please does anyone have any idea how i can tackle this issue? i previously provided fathers assets and their valuation(worth about 200mil). any advice would be appreciated as i intend to reapply as soon as possible.

Sorry to hear about your refusal, but getting just the personal asset and financial status is a straight forward reason that can be easily tackled. Though, you should also request for your gcms notes. Can you please explain how you showed your sponsor's funds, properties etc and yours also? your home ties too? and how did your connect/explain this in your SOP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:51am On Jun 29, 2019
akins56:
Good morning, i completed my nysc this thursday and i applied for a student visa yesterday. Is it compulsory for me to submit my own soa too because my account is empty.

Its advisable but not compulsory that if you're a matured applicant, do well to show your personal BS, especially if its a third party sponsorship.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by judisco2019: 10:56am On Jun 29, 2019
Thanks boss. But they did not mention about my financials as a reason for refusal. Please how do I handle home ties as regards my profile? I would appreciate if you can take a look at my SOP to advice me on my next application.
JustMellow:

The issue came from your SOP, besides, the closing balance of the third party sponsorship is not reasonable irrespective of the 5m in your account. There was also no proper proper proof of commitment and "established relationship" shown.

At most, its good to know you've requested for your gcms notes.

BTW its advisable to defer your admission.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:56am On Jun 29, 2019
Martbills:

Good day brother.
Pls I need advice.

I went to abuja for my biometric and capturing on the 24 June.
I was given a tracking number.
I check the next day , and is showing to record found yet , pls what does that me, any explanation pls.

What do I do.

Am assuming you took the online route, just login to your online gckey account to check the real-life activities regarding your profile.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:10am On Jun 29, 2019
judisco2019:
Thanks boss. But they did not mention about my financials as a reason for refusal. Please how do I handle home ties as regards my profile? I would appreciate if you can take a look at my SOP to advice me on my next application.

State your options (you know your case/situation better than anybody), this would enable me or others advise you better
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kcosam: 11:14am On Jun 29, 2019
zsuby:
PppppppppRrrrrrrrr
Congratulations bro, God has answered your call.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chiboy429(m): 11:22am On Jun 29, 2019
Good morning all the ogas in the house. I greet you all.
Please I need your views and opinions on my issue though not on Canada but related. I am a prospective postgraduate student of the university of Bremen Germany, I got admission to study Msc environmental physics, my problem now is I can't book appointment for interview at the German embassy because of passport which I applied for some weeks now at the asaba NIS office, I have done the necessary documentation and capturing yet they are telling me there is no booklet to produce the passport,. I even tried to rub their hands maturedly yet the PCO insists that he understands my situation but can't help. I don't know what to do please let me know what I can do about this because time is really running out as the interview appointment at embassy seems to be filled.

Kindly advise
Thank you so much
Best regards

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.