Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1025938 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JOCng: 8:13pm On Jun 28, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Hey,

I regret to hear your visa was rejected.... From my point of view, I can confidently point out that your study plan was vague and poorly written. How did you relate your intended program with your previous studies and current employment status. It will also be a big risk but not impossible to reapply for visa against fall term at this point without an upfront medical as the current processing times is 10 weeks and you would require to restructure your SOP which would also take some few days prior to your reapplication.

In a nutshell, I would suggest you work on presenting a logical and persuasive SOP and LOE that would substantiate that you're a genuine student with a lawful purpose to study and would depart Canada. The SOP/LOE should be well organized with ideas supported with relevant details. Paragraphing must also be used well. Furthermore, work on your ties to Nigeria that can motivate your departure after studies.(Aged parents who depend on you for support, parents landed properties/buildings, close bond b/w you and your immediate siblings and things you share in common with them, you belong to any organization in Nigeria which you must return to continue active participation in meetings, and your career Prospects in Nigeria upon your return etc...)

Best of luck

Hello . Can anybody help me tackle my issues. I would appreciate if someone can help vet through my SOP and study plans
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by judisco2019: 8:25pm On Jun 28, 2019
Hello guys,

I just got my refusal letter now.

I applied on June 7th and did biometric on 10th.

Got BVL on 27th and refusal on 28th.

I have OND and HND in Electrical/Electronics Engineering and I got admission for a one year certificate Program in Truck and Transport Service Technician in NBCC.

The reason why I wanted to do the program is because I have been working as a Logistics personnel for over 9 years. As a logistics person, I was involved with managing fleets and trucks for the distribution of products across the country. Part of the problems we encounter is incessant truck break downs and ending up at the hands of bad truck mechanics. I then choose the program to learn more about truck repairs. I stated all that in my SOP.

The refusal letter I got reads thus:

Dear JUDE CHIBUIKE KANU,

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit
application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and
Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee.

Documents that I submitted:
CID Documents
Sponsor's statement of account with closing balance of 8million (My sponsor is my friend) We intend to co-own a logistics company on my return
My statement of account with closing balance of 5million
My Admission Letter
My deposit receipt of 500CAD screenshot
My SOP
My land agreement
My pension with balance of 2m
My parents and siblings birth cert
Police clearance
Sponsor international passport and affidavit of sponsorship and Date of birth
CV
Study Leave from my company
Employment Letter from my company
Employment confirmation letter
Employment recommendation letter from my previous company
Affidavit of Return
2 CAC business name registration

I am 30 years old.

My programs starts on September, I want to re-apply but I want the gurus to look at my profile and advice.

I have also ordered for my CGSM Note.

Kindly advice guys.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 8:26pm On Jun 28, 2019
Stell12:

Stell12:

Good morning All. 

I've read and believe I need advice here.

I have a Bsc. In Accounting from Nigeria , MSC. HRM from UK. Worked for 3 years in Communications Industry and now looking to change career due to life experiences. Applying to a college in Ontario for Pre-health in hope of studying Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy. Agent advising that there may be hitches cos my degree is way higher than what I'm going for. I want to proceed but please advice .

In reference to the bolded your proposed course of study shows little or no correlation with previous studies. You should be looking for programs like MBA, Executive Mba, forensic accounting etc programs. I'm talking about programs that can ease your post studies settlement in Canada.

Also going for the proposed program will raise doubts on your purpose of visit in Canada. So please thread carefully.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mudicua: 8:47pm On Jun 28, 2019
Wow!!!

That is a first for me on this thread. Hopefully they will be fast and efficient.

MsJu:
I just got informed that my application is being processed in Paris. Abeg any success story from there?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by abusmanlouis: 8:59pm On Jun 28, 2019
judisco2019:
Hello guys,

I just got my refusal letter now.

I applied on June 7th and did biometric on 10th.

Got BVL on 27th and refusal on 28th.

I have OND and HND in Electrical/Electronics Engineering and I got admission for a one year certificate Program in Truck and Transport Service Technician in NBCC.

The reason why I wanted to do the program is because I have been working as a Logistics personnel for over 9 years. As a logistics person, I was involved with managing fleets and trucks for the distribution of products across the country. Part of the problems we encounter is incessant truck break downs and ending up at the hands of bad truck mechanics. I then choose the program to learn more about truck repairs. I stated all that in my SOP.

The refusal letter I got reads thus:

Dear JUDE CHIBUIKE KANU,

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit
application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and
Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee.

Documents that I submitted:
CID Documents
Sponsor's statement of account with closing balance of 8million (My sponsor is my friend) We intend to co-own a logistics company on my return
My statement of account with closing balance of 5million
My Admission Letter
My deposit receipt of 500CAD screenshot
My SOP
My land agreement
My pension with balance of 2m
My parents and siblings birth cert
Police clearance
Sponsor international passport and affidavit of sponsorship and Date of birth
CV
Study Leave from my company
Employment Letter from my company
Employment confirmation letter
Employment recommendation letter from my previous company
Affidavit of Return
2 CAC business name registration

I am 30 years old.

My programs starts on September, I want to re-apply but I want the gurus to look at my profile and advice.

I have also ordered for my CGSM Note.

Kindly advice guys.

Nairobi guys must find any reason to refused application. To me this application deserve approval, may be the problem is from your LOE.
It is good you have ordered for your GCMS note but the outcome will not be more that vague and poorly documented.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mudicua: 9:04pm On Jun 28, 2019
Hello everyone,

Please what are the chances of a masters degree in Canada, for someone who has a 3rd class in Engineering, and certified with COREN in Nigeria and is 34 years old? I have tried looking for schools but it is really hard. His GPA is 2.34. I am thinking of a PGD, but which schools will admit on that. he is really passionate about engineering though. Also trying to see how WES can evaluate his COREN. I would really appreciate your responses.

@Qudkom, @Frankrobben, @sleekysoft, @westlife08, @mcobex and others whom I did not mention please kindly help.

Thank you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ralfudoh(m): 9:24pm On Jun 28, 2019
Try Conestoga college
Mudicua:
Hello everyone,

Please what are the chances of a masters degree in Canada, for someone who has a 3rd class in Engineering, and certified with COREN in Nigeria and is 34 years old? I have tried looking for schools but it is really hard. His GPA is 2.34. I am thinking of a PGD, but which schools will admit on that. he is really passionate about engineering though. Also trying to see how WES can evaluate his COREN. I would really appreciate your responses.

@Qudkom, @Frankrobben, @sleekysoft, @westlife08, @mcobex and others whom I did not mention please kindly help.

Thank you all.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 9:38pm On Jun 28, 2019
Mudicua:
Hello everyone,

Thank you all.
Hi, I'm sorry but with a GPA like that it is almost impossible to get an Msc program. A graduate certificate program will be a good idea. However, you should know that whatever engineering discipline he chooses should be unique in order to avoid any glitches concerning purpose of visit.

There are several graduate certificate programs that offer unique programs that enable you learn industry relevant skills and make you employment ready upon graduation. For example, centennial college is an option.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kcosam: 9:43pm On Jun 28, 2019
MsJu:
I just got informed that my application is being processed in Paris. Abeg any success story from there?
This is a new one, please was your application online or paper route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MsJu: 9:53pm On Jun 28, 2019
kcosam:

This is a new one, please was your application online or paper route?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 10:22pm On Jun 28, 2019
MsJu:
Paris again? Who informed you? When did you apply? Let's start putting one or two together
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by teefinix: 11:38pm On Jun 28, 2019
Good evening frankrobben. Thank you for ur support at all times. I also got a BVL today and final deciion updated as being refused. I am yet to open the decision letter to see the reasons but i have ordered gcms notes. Please can i send my SOP to you for review pending when the notes will arrive cos i intend to re-apply.
God bless.

Frankrobbn1:

Hey,

I regret to hear your visa was rejected.... From my point of view, I can confidently point out that your study plan was vague and poorly written. How did you relate your intended program with your previous studies and current employment status. It will also be a big risk but not impossible to reapply for visa against fall term at this point without an upfront medical as the current processing times is 10 weeks and you would require to restructure your SOP which would also take some few days prior to your reapplication.

In a nutshell, I would suggest you work on presenting a logical and persuasive SOP and LOE that would substantiate that you're a genuine student with a lawful purpose to study and would depart Canada. The SOP/LOE should be well organized with ideas supported with relevant details. Paragraphing must also be used well. Furthermore, work on your ties to Nigeria that can motivate your departure after studies.(Aged parents who depend on you for support, parents landed properties/buildings, close bond b/w you and your immediate siblings and things you share in common with them, you belong to any organization in Nigeria which you must return to continue active participation in meetings, and your career Prospects in Nigeria upon your return etc...)

Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by zsuby: 12:00am On Jun 29, 2019
PppppppppRrrrrrrrr

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JOCng: 12:07am On Jun 29, 2019
JOCng:
Hello. I recently got a correspondence letter today without medicals and I know it's usually followed up by refusal. Please I will need any advice you can offer. My school doesn't accept deferral so I need to reapply as soon as possible.

My profile
20 years old
Studied bachelors in turkey(mechanical engineering) graduated July 2018.
Cgpa: 3.7/4

Submitted documents
All imm forms
Degree certificate
Admission letter from UBC (mechanical eng masters)
Passport
Digital photo
Birth certificate
Valuation of landed properties
2 pages SOP

Financial documents
2 of my Fathers SOA with sum of 17 million naira
Father pension account: 400k naira
My father sold some assets to make the money up to 17 million naira. I provided the deed of conveyance of the sold properties as proof.

I was previously denied a Visa due to failure to provide biometrics (country i previously applied didn't have VAC). I attached my refusal letter in my client information document.

Please any advice you can provide will be extremely appreciated. Thank you

got my refusal letter this evening.

please does anyone have any idea how i can tackle this issue? i previously provided fathers assets and their valuation(worth about 200mil). any advice would be appreciated as i intend to reapply as soon as possible.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 12:56am On Jun 29, 2019
Please guys, is there any other means of identification apart from international passport that can be tendered by the sponsor? Has anyone here used a means of identification for their sponsor that wasn't International passport? I just want to clarify something please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mudicua: 1:07am On Jun 29, 2019
Thanks a lot
I will look into the school.

ralfudoh:
Try Conestoga college
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mudicua: 1:08am On Jun 29, 2019
Okay.
Thank you very much. I will direct this info to him. I know zilch about engineering, so he will know better.

Qudkom:

Hi, I'm sorry but with a GPA like that it is almost impossible to get an Msc program. A graduate certificate program will be a good idea. However, you should know that whatever engineering discipline he chooses should be unique in order to avoid any glitches concerning purpose of visit.

There are several graduate certificate programs that offer unique programs that enable you learn industry relevant skills and make you employment ready upon graduation. For example, centennial college is an option.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mudicua: 1:09am On Jun 29, 2019
Congrats.

zsuby:
PppppppppRrrrrrrrr

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Staodi: 1:36am On Jun 29, 2019
Work ID, birth cert(if it’s your direct sibling)
benque:
Please guys, is there any other means of identification apart from international passport that can be tendered by the sponsor? Has anyone here used a means of identification for their sponsor that wasn't International passport? I just want to clarify something please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Staodi: 1:36am On Jun 29, 2019
Congrats bro
zsuby:
PppppppppRrrrrrrrr

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Staodi: 1:42am On Jun 29, 2019
Did you submit your own personal SOA? From what I can see ( I’m no guru please) every document pertaining to finance and properties you dropped is on your dad and none about you ( I stand to be corrected)
JOCng:

please does anyone have any idea how i can tackle this issue? i previously provided fathers assets and their valuation(worth about 200mil). any advice would be appreciated as i intend to reapply as soon as possible.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Hollushola(m): 6:04am On Jun 29, 2019
Congratulations
zsuby:
PppppppppRrrrrrrrr

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by akins56(m): 6:30am On Jun 29, 2019
Good morning, i completed my nysc this thursday and i applied for a student visa yesterday. Is it compulsory for me to submit my own soa too because my account is empty.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by akins56(m): 6:32am On Jun 29, 2019
mcobex:
Tick No.
thanks
Obehi44:

Hey that question is very coni, the truth is that some programs require that you work as a student. Therefore, kindly check with your skol, program and the admission letter to see if it states that you have to work.
thanks
abusmanlouis:

The question stated, is work essential component of your study?

What you will need to do is to check your admission letter and read it line to line to see if your program has a mandatory practicum. If it has, the admission/acceptance will come with a letter to apply for work permit along with your visa application, then tick for yes.
thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ibitowaoa: 6:41am On Jun 29, 2019
Being a while here !!!
Hello, I have been shortlisted for medicals. Pls who want have any appointment he or she is ready to swap for me.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ibitowaoa: 6:46am On Jun 29, 2019
Sorry for the rejection letter.
I think you have all the requirements.
Ur Acct ✅
Assets ✅
Everything ✅
But were you able to convince them through your LOE that you coming back home ?
Doubt I think you didn’t do.
So you should try look into that
JOCng:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 6:50am On Jun 29, 2019
Mudicua:
Okay.
Thank you very much. I will direct this info to him. I know zilch about engineering, so he will know better.

@Qudkom has done justice to your question. What I can add is this, I think it will be much better if the person in question joins this thread so he can also learn(you won't always be there for him especially if he gets the admission and TRV). So tell him to join the thread to get more information himself.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 6:52am On Jun 29, 2019
akins56:
Good morning, i completed my nysc this thursday and i applied for a student visa yesterday. Is it compulsory for me to submit my own soa too because my account is empty.
Not compulsory since you are not working. That of your sponsor will be enough, but make sure you explain that you just finished your nysc(state the date)..... though I want to believe you already have that on your CV
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Martbills: 6:57am On Jun 29, 2019
JustMellow:
Please before a question is ask, do well to go through Part 15 so to avoid continuous repetition of questions and answers.

Welcome y'all to Part 16.

Good luck to all visa hopefuls!

Good day brother.
Pls I need advice.

I went to abuja for my biometric and capturing on the 24 June.
I was given a tracking number.
I check the next day , and is showing to record found yet , pls what does that me, any explanation pls.

What do I do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.