Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,002 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1445107 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by luvlaja80: 6:23pm On Oct 03, 2019
cus d guy dat help me to fill d form say as I ve accepted to do self service dat I cant be allowed to go for assisted service ...am confused..cus his charging 5k for d scaning but I dont mind paying d 10k at d visa centre
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MamaOO: 6:30pm On Oct 03, 2019
MamaOO:
Good Morning. I have a question and I’d be really glad if someone could help me. I’m a US Green Card holder and my sons and my husband are US Citizens. We’re planning a trip and we’re gonna be transiting through London Heathrow on long layovers so we decided to explore London for a while before our next flight.

My question is:
1. I decided to apply for a 6 month visa even though I read on the UK.gov website that I might be eligible for Visitor in Transit visa or some other kinds of waiver as a US GC holder. Both legs of our trips are about a month apart so I decided to apply for a visa to stall unforeseen situations. Is that the way to go?

2. While filling out my application online, I got to a point where I was asked to fill in the travel documents for my dependents and family who will be accompanying me. I filled my husband’s passport details but my boys’ passports hasn’t come in the mail yet. Do I need to include them in my application even if they’re not gonna be needing visas? I ask because it can take up to 4 weeks to get their passport back and I need about 3 weeks to get my visa (to be on the safe side.). Our trip is near.

Please help! I apologize for the long story. Just trying to be as concise as possible
Any help? Please??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Juliansamuel: 8:22pm On Oct 03, 2019
luvlaja80:
cus d guy dat help me to fill d form say as I ve accepted to do self service dat I cant be allowed to go for assisted service ...am confused..cus his charging 5k for d scaning but I dont mind paying d 10k at d visa centre

You can still go for assisted service. Just tell tell them you want assisted service once you enter the VAC, then you'll pay with your bank card. The agent is lying to you so as to collect your money.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:34pm On Oct 03, 2019
MamaOO:
Good Morning. I have a question and I’d be really glad if someone could help me. I’m a US Green Card holder and my sons and my husband are US Citizens. We’re planning a trip and we’re gonna be transiting through London Heathrow on long layovers so we decided to explore London for a while before our next flight.

My question is:
1. I decided to apply for a 6 month visa even though I read on the UK.gov website that I might be eligible for Visitor in Transit visa or some other kinds of waiver as a US GC holder. Both legs of our trips are about a month apart so I decided to apply for a visa to stall unforeseen situations. Is that the way to go?

2. While filling out my application online, I got to a point where I was asked to fill in the travel documents for my dependents and family who will be accompanying me. I filled my husband’s passport details but my boys’ passports hasn’t come in the mail yet. Do I need to include them in my application even if they’re not gonna be needing visas? I ask because it can take up to 4 weeks to get their passport back and I need about 3 weeks to get my visa (to be on the safe side.). Our trip is near.

Please help! I apologize for the long story. Just trying to be as concise as possible
Yes you did the right thing by applying for visa but you have to include passport number of people traveling with you..you can also include a note explaining why you couldn't include your child's passport details
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jarus(m): 8:43pm On Oct 03, 2019
Latest application

Filled form: 02 Sep
Biometrics: 09 Sep
Email acknowledging transfer to DMC: 9 Sep
Decision made email from UK: 25 Sep (11th working day after bio)
Email from TLS for pick up: 2 Oct (5 working days after decision and 16 after bio)

Picking it up tomorrow (4th) by God's grace.

Got UK visa 4 times in the last 6 years (each 6 months), applying for 2 years for the first time.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pieaa: 8:56pm On Oct 03, 2019
ijeshaoflondon:

Your monthly salary is 200k
How much did u disclose as your monthly expenses?
how much was your budget for the trip?
what was ur bank account balance ?
Could u please share the document submitted?

thanks

1) yes
2)25000
3)450000
4)1.1million

I submitted bank statement, cover letter, introduction letter, leave letter, family pictures, cover letter on account information, my professional certificate.thats all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Donclaracuzo: 7:43am On Oct 04, 2019
Please, anybody with any info on how to get this prime time appointment should help. the whole box is sold and flexi, what does that ,mean

post=82806178:

In addition to the response you received earlier, if you see no free period till November but you can afford Assisted Service, you can check & see if you'll get available dates in October for Assisted Service.

Good luck!

Please, curious to know. Is it only 8 o'clock that one can get for prime time appointment as that is the only time i have seen. Even spending money to buy time is a headache too. i am confused with the appointment booking.

@customised87
@BizBloke
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by BizBloke(m): 8:14am On Oct 04, 2019
Donclaracuzo:
Please, anybody with any info on how to get this prime time appointment should help. the whole box is sold and flexi, what does that ,mean

Please, curious to know. Is it only 8 o'clock that one can get for prime time appointment as that is the only time i have seen. Even spending money to buy time is a headache too. i am confused with the appointment booking.

@customised87
@BizBloke

I think that's the only time available. Not exactly sure.
Is there any reason why you can't meet up with the 8am slot?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Donclaracuzo: 8:18am On Oct 04, 2019
No reason bro @Bizbloke. just trying to be careful if it is reserved for big pay so that i won't jump into bubble trap. Thanks
BizBloke:

I think that's the only time available. Not exactly sure.
Is there any reason why you can't meet up with the 8am slot?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by BizBloke(m): 8:23am On Oct 04, 2019
Donclaracuzo:

No reason bro @Bizbloke. just trying to be careful if it is reserved for big pay so that i won't jump into bubble trap. Thanks

I think:
Why not click on it and see the difference? Clicking on it doesn't push payment immediately - you've got to enter your card details for the money to be deducted from your account. If it's what you can afford, you go for it and you reduce stress for yourself.

If it's not what you can afford at this time, you keep checking to know if you can get a 10am or 11:30am slot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 04, 2019
Jarus:
Latest application

Email from TLS for pick up: 2 Oct (5 working days after decision and 16 after bio)

Got UK visa 4 times in the last 6 years (each 6 months), applying for 2 years for the first time.

It's a lie! Jarus has exited last minute.com!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jarus(m): 9:42am On Oct 04, 2019
ornicus:

It's a lie! Jarus has exited last minute.com!

Lol. Cant believe it myself.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rman: 10:00am On Oct 04, 2019
Jarus:
Latest application

Is this priority service?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jarus(m): 10:25am On Oct 04, 2019
rman:

Is this priority service?
No. Regular
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jarus(m): 11:38am On Oct 04, 2019
Jarus:
Latest application

Passport picked up. 2 years multiple entry visa granted.

100% visa issuance record continues cheesy

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jarus(m): 11:41am On Oct 04, 2019
Interestingly, I'm usually very casual with these applications. Never submitted mybank statements. In fact this year? I didnt even put official company sponsor letter that I used to attach in the past, just a printout of my email to my CFO in London office that I need to come to the UK and his response with "approved".
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tshoboy(m): 1:22pm On Oct 04, 2019
tshoboy:

Lol, seen that also. I selected another date and I could book for Flexi with self service. However, does it mean I can only walk in on that day? Because when I tried for my other dependent, I was getting a notification that the day has maxed out and I chose another day.

Done!

So I think your Flexi Appointment date doesn’t matter because what I did was just to mention Flexi Appointment (Walk In) at the security post. They collected copt of the appointment email and first page of our application forms.
We then joined the queue inside and in another 20 mins, I was called in to the reception where I made payments. I was directed upstairs where someone scanned the passports and gave us collection document. Then we were captured in some mins.
This is my best Visa service. It was fast and stress free. The whole process took about 1hr 45mins. Maybe it’s also because I did Self Service and I didn’t need to carry too much documents and papers around.

Now it’s time to pray and hope the results comes out in time.

Thanks to everyone supplying people with info here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 1:27pm On Oct 04, 2019
I use Self Services i didnt use upto 30 minutes all my document have been uploaded by myself as i get inside the lounge people where told to arrange there documents lucky have done all that so i was just direct to the desk where i was given a bag to go upstair were i did my capturing and i left it was so quick

tshoboy:

Done!

So I think your Flexi Appointment date doesn’t matter because what I did was just to mention Flexi Appointment (Walk In) at the security post. They collected copt of the appointment email and first page of our application forms.
We then joined the queue inside and in another 20 mins, I was called in to the reception where I made payments. I was directed upstairs where someone scanned the passports and gave us collection document. Then we were captured in some mins.
This is my best Visa service. It was fast and stress free. The whole process took about 1hr 45mins. Maybe it’s also because I did Self Service and I didn’t need to carry too much documents and papers around.

Now it’s time to pray and hope the results comes out in time.

Thanks to everyone supplying people with info here.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 4:16pm On Oct 04, 2019
Hello Nairalanders, this below is the response i got, please how can i handle a proper Administrative review?

UK Visa Update
Dear

Our Reference:

Date:

Name: xxxx xxxx xxxxxx

Email address provided with the application:
Email address provided with the AR request: as above

Dear

Administrative Review

Your administrative review application has been rejected.
Thank you for your application of 30 September 2019 for an administrative review of the decision on your application for leave to enter the United Kingdom as a Visitor. We are unable to accept this application because it is invalid and therefore it will not be considered.
Reasons why the application has been rejected
An administrative review application must meet the requirements of paragraphs 34L to 34Y of the Immigration Rules in order to be valid. We have rejected the application for the following reason:
Paragraph 34P states that the application for administrative review must be made in relation to an eligible decision. The decision that you have applied to have reviewed is not eligible for administrative review.
For all other enquiries, please follow the guidelines at the following link, which gives details of our enquiry centre contacts: www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Yours sincerely,

CP
Administrative Reviewer

Visits UK
Visas & Citizenship, UK Visas and Immigration

If you wish to contact UKVS: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mamakene: 4:28pm On Oct 04, 2019
Good afternoon everyone. I have been a silent person on this read. I want to say big thank you to everyone that has one or two things to contribute. I got my Uk visa today.
Biometric- 4th September
Visa concluded- 23rd September
E-mail to pick up was sent 3rd October
Pick up passport 4th October. I will share everything and step by step all I submitted shortly.

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 6:46pm On Oct 04, 2019
congratulations please share document submitted
Mamakene:
Good afternoon everyone. I have been a silent person on this read. I want to say big thank you to everyone that has one or two things to contribute. I got my Uk visa today.
Biometric- 4th September
Visa concluded- 23rd September
E-mail to pick up was sent 3rd October
Pick up passport 4th October. I will share everything and step by step all I submitted shortly.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by luvlaja80: 7:58pm On Oct 04, 2019
hello all...my submission date is 8/10/2019..I want to make inquiries as per my bank statement. should I print april to September or should I print May to October.. becus am thinking we re still in early October..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Deemumk: 8:06pm On Oct 04, 2019
Hello house.
I'm new here and need your advise.
In respect of my child's UK visa application(tier 2), biometrics was done and received mail from TLS that its been transfered to UKVI, but didn't get a confirmation of receipt mail from UKVI(I and hubby got the confirmation receipt mail).
Its 15 workdays now and our passport is ready for pickup but no mail in respect of my child's own. Tracked through TLS, status shows delivered to UKVI.
I called UKVI and was told that no record of the GWF number was found on their system. They took her name, IHS number,passport no and date of birth and said they would escalate to the head office.
Has anyone ever experiences this and how long did it take for the issue to get resolved.

I appreciate your response and advise.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Shakushaku1(m): 8:21pm On Oct 04, 2019
My pple I don enta am, I booked my biometrics at ikeja, I now heard from pple that it's a crazy zone.. U get extorted and all sort.. I was told pple pay 40+ Xtra, how true is this

And what else do I need to knw to prevent this, and is it possible to change embassy.. I wish I chose Abuja..

***somebody save me

It's all lies, thank God for pple that re assured me here, no Xtra charges.. Although there were lot of us, but it was well organized to a good extent.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rman: 8:28pm On Oct 04, 2019
Shakushaku1:
My pple I don enta am, I booked my biometrics at ikeja, I now heard from pple that it's a crazy zone.. U get extorted and all sort.. I was told pple pay 40+ Xtra, how true is this

And what else do I need to knw to prevent this, and is it possible to change embassy.. I wish I chose Abuja..

***somebody save me

All you have been told is a lie.
If you have all the required documents, and paid the official cost for selected service type, you will not spend 1 kobo extra
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tshoboy(m): 8:30pm On Oct 04, 2019
Shakushaku1:

***somebody save me
I can confirm that’s a lie. I used the centre today and I wasnt extorted neither did I see anyone else being extorted. The process is seamless.
Just ensure you didn’t book an appointment that requires extra payment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by assumpta1: 11:57pm On Oct 04, 2019
Hi guys! Please is there any way to check application status apart from the TLS link?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by donbuchi1(m): 2:03am On Oct 05, 2019
Seeyat:
Hello oga @justwise and everyone on this great forum,

I'm almost set to reapply after my last refusal 2 years ago. I have booked male hostel for 10days at total of £108 in Lewisham, London, I'm trying to cut down my budget.

Now my question is, my monthly salary is 200k after tax and monthly expenses is 80k, how many months salary can i spend on this trip that will make sense?

Please guide me through.

PS: I wanted to cut down the monthly expenses as my wife is now working and we have no kids yet, but someone adviced me to stick to the monthly expenses i filled in my last application.

Please i need to be enlighten on this.

Many thanks and God bless as always

Cut down your 80k monthly expenses to 30k. So that you have 170k disposable income. 170k*2=340k. So fit in your budget around 330k, flight n hostel basically. Then local travels around London. Your hostel is about 50k, look for cheap. flight. They frown at you spending more than times two of your 170k. State your savings, pension, other income with evidences. Tenancy agreement, job offer letter, leave approval, tax evidence, marriage certificate, birth certificate, pictures, and any thing to shown strong economic, financial ties to Nigeria. Promotion or recommendation letters pls add. I added my land and cars documents Ensure 200k as your salary is always deposited in ur statement, no funny lump sum is seen on the statement. Even if you have any, use a cover letter or the extra info space to explain with evidence. You should be fine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by hamzat55: 8:40am On Oct 05, 2019
Good day to you all and happy weekend!

I want to apply for 7days tourist visit to UK. I earn 38k as salary every month. I am married with a son. My husband is a businessman with a very good account to sponsor me. My salary goes into my account every month.

Pls what are the necessary docs to put in place for a successful application?

Thanks n God bless you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Deemumk: 8:50am On Oct 05, 2019
Hello all,
Kindly help with advise and share experience please.

Thank you.

Deemumk:
Hello house.
I'm new here and need your advise.
In respect of my child's UK visa application(tier 2), biometrics was done and received mail from TLS that its been transfered to UKVI, but didn't get a confirmation of receipt mail from UKVI(I and hubby got the confirmation receipt mail).
Its 15 workdays now and our passport is ready for pickup but no mail in respect of my child's own. Tracked through TLS, status shows delivered to UKVI.
I called UKVI and was told that no record of the GWF number was found on their system. They took her name, IHS number,passport no and date of birth and said they would escalate to the head office.
Has anyone ever experiences this and how long did it take for the issue to get resolved.

I appreciate your response and advise.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by OGMoney1960: 10:34am On Oct 05, 2019
United Kingdom...

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.