Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,694 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1445808 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oluyinkavic(m): 11:42am On Oct 02, 2019
Hello,

Please i need some clarification on UK Work Visa Tier 2.

Is it possible to get a job while still in Nigeria to process the Tier 2 visa?

How easy is it getting the Visa?

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by chidistone: 12:11pm On Oct 02, 2019
@ Justwise and other gurus please respond to this . I once traveled to India in 2011 as a tourist and returned back with a new passport renewed in india in 2016 and wish to have a week vacation in UK next month. Please, I want to know the best way to handle that column asking my travel condition.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by PanicButton: 12:39pm On Oct 02, 2019
Hello house, great job on your efforts thus far.
Please I would like clarifications to the following;
1. What constitutes a large deposit? I currently earn 360k and borrowed my sister 120k, sometime last year. She would be refunding that money for the purpose of my visa application. Is that considered a large deposit? if she splits it and sends at different intervals, will that be considered a large deposit as well? Please shed more light on the concept of a large deposit.
2. I have transferred money from my savings account (approx. 90k) to my salaried account which I will be submitting. Without submitting my saving account statement, how else do I avoid suspicion?
3. I have no dependent, stay with my parents and will be spending way less(compared to other months) to build up my account for my application. Expenditure for a month used to be about 100k, but I hope to spend as little as 30k, will that be suspect?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TheOmolola: 3:18pm On Oct 02, 2019
@justwise

Please I need urgent help. I have an interview tomorrow and while uploading my documents, my system encountered an error and restarted. When I came back to the page, it had already submitted and I still have many documents to upload. Please what do I do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Msadesina: 3:59pm On Oct 02, 2019
Good Afternoon everyone,

Please i need your advice.

I applied for a UK visa in august and the decision came out in sept and i was refused. I was shocked cos i believed the visa officer made a great mistake and did not go through my entire document that was uploaded and the decision was not fair. The trip was supoose to be for early Nov when i start my leave. The decision letter also stated that i had no right of appeal despite having travel histories. my organisation pays allowances in the middle of the month to a staff savings account, then the net salary into the current account at the end of the month, i attached the two bank statements and highlighted both payments, i attached both payslips, property documents as well as a cover letter explaining how payments are made and even my pension statement. There was no lump deposit and i saved up every kobo for 6months.

I tried submitting another applocation on Monday and after payment i realised that there was no appointment date till end of October except i pay for the premium lounge which i felt was unnecessary so i cancelled the applocation and asked for a refund.

Please my questions are below

1. Has anyone requested for a refund on this platform and how soon was the refund made

2. Can i ask for an administrative review as it is cos my new application was to also counter the decision that was made.

Gurus please assist @justwise,@giselle237
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TheOmolola: 4:03pm On Oct 02, 2019
TheOmolola:
@justwise

Please I need urgent help. I have an interview tomorrow and while uploading my documents, my system encountered an error and restarted. When I came back to the page, it had already submitted and I still have many documents to upload. Please what do I do?

@justwise
@giselle237
@pufframmy
@Bizbloke

House please help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by maks224: 4:15pm On Oct 02, 2019
Hello Good day. Please i need help with my UK Visa Application and this is my situation. please please take time out to read my long inquiry because its really bothering me.

I'm a first time visa applicant ( first time travelling) and this is my situation.
I applied for a 6 months visit visa and got declined. i received my passport on the 26th of september 2019. reason for refusal is that i indicated on my form that i will be contributing 200k and my sponsor ( my sister will be contributing 300k) my salary is 183,000 monthly and i also indicated on my form that my monthly expense is 150,000 ( this is not an exact figure, i actually dont track my monthly expenses because i live with my parents who take are of the bills and the only thing i spend money on is my car service maintenance and personal girly maintenance) I'm 34 years old and single. My visa was refused because my bank statement wasn't a true reflection of my financial circumstances according to ECO. I presented my Salary account just to show my salary monthly payment and my sister ( works with Goldman Sacks London as a permanent employee, almost 1 year spent so far) mentioned that she will be responsible for my trip in the invitation letter. I'm about to reapply in one week and these are the list of documents i want to present this time.
1. Cover letter refering to the previous refusal and explaining relevant documents.
2. my employment letter as well as other letters showing the different roles and responsibilities i have handled and salary increments ( i have worked with my organization for 6 years). Letter of introduction from my company and work ID.
3. picture evidence of myself and family members here in Nigeria to show ties, consent letter from my Dad to travel, our land use charge, showing owner occupied property.
4. My sister's bank statement, Pay slips, employment letter, tenancy agreement, residence permit, well explained letter of invitation.

This time i intend to completely remove my bank statements and make my sister the sole sponsor. please remember that she has a good job, although she paid out 5k pounds in august from her account which would be returned soon. does she have to explain this lodgement as a sponsor? please are these documents sufficient enough to procure a 6 months visit visa? also can i reapply again on the 8 of october 2019? is it to soon?.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Suuz: 4:16pm On Oct 02, 2019
Msadesina:
Good Afternoon everyone,

I applied for a UK visa in august and the decision came out in sept and i was refused. I was shocked cos i believed the visa officer made a great mistake and did not go through my entire document that was uploaded and the decision was not fair. The trip was supoose to be for early Nov when i start my leave. The decision letter also stated that i had no right of appeal despite having travel histories.

I tried submitting another applocation on Monday and after payment i realised that there was no appointment date till end of October except i pay for the premium lounge which i felt was unnecessary so i cancelled the applocation and asked for a refund.

1. Has anyone requested for a refund on this platform and how soon was the refund made

2. Can i ask for an administrative review as it is cos my new application was to also counter the decision that was made.

You need to upload the refusal letter here, hide your details before uploading it, the content of the letter would help the gurus here in guiding you on how to go about the letter of consideration.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 4:18pm On Oct 02, 2019
regarding the cancelled application. As u have cancelled it, the money will be refunded as long as you have not done biometrics and can take up to 28 working days
Who am i to tell u not to go for a review if you feel your application was not handled thoroughly? Go ahead if you need to.
Msadesina:
Good Afternoon everyone,

I applied for a UK visa in august and the decision came out in sept and i was refused. I was shocked cos i believed the visa officer made a great mistake and did not go through my entire document that was uploaded and the decision was not fair. The trip was supoose to be for early Nov when i start my leave. The decision letter also stated that i had no right of appeal despite having travel histories.

Msadesina:
Good Afternoon everyone,

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 4:25pm On Oct 02, 2019
Sorry about your refusal. Your sister can not wholly sponsor you. U are working. She can provide accommodation and feeding fine but that’s that.
U probably dont have enough money in your account to sponsor your trip, even the main parts.. why do u think the visa officer will endorse ur visa?
Even if Buhari is sponsoring you, your financial documents are very essential for your assessment. You must prove to the ECO that you are not going to end up relying on public funds. Pls if u have taken time to go through this thread u will notice so many refusals like yours.
My dear also ur monthly expenses which u declared as 153k is a whole lot out of 180k salary...
u mumbled up your application.
Do not apply now until u get it right.
maks224:
Hello Good day. Please i need help with my UK Visa Application and this is my situation. please please take time out to read my long inquiry because its really bothering me.

I'm a first time visa applicant ( first time travelling) and this is my situation.
I applied for a 6 months visit visa and got declined. i received my passport on the 26th of september 2019. reason for refusal is that i indicated on my form that i will be contributing 200k and my sponsor ( my sister will be contributing 300k) my salary is 183,000 monthly and i also indicated on my form that my monthly expense is 150,000 ( this is not an exact figure, i actually dont track my monthly expenses because i live with my parents who take are of the bills and the only thing i spend money on is my car service maintenance and personal girly maintenance) I'm 34 years old and single. My visa was refused because my bank statement wasn't a true reflection of my financial circumstances according to ECO. I presented my Salary account just to show my salary monthly payment and my sister ( works with Goldman Sacks London as a permanent employee, almost 1 year spent so far) mentioned that she will be responsible for my trip in the invitation letter. I'm about to reapply in one week and these are the list of documents i want to present this time.
1. Cover letter refering to the previous refusal and explaining relevant documents.
2. my employment letter as well as other letters showing the different roles and responsibilities i have handled and salary increments ( i have worked with my organization for 6 years). Letter of introduction from my company and work ID.
3. picture evidence of myself and family members here in Nigeria to show ties, consent letter from my Dad to travel.
4. My sister's bank statement, Pay slip, employment letter, tenancy agreement, residence permit, well explained letter of invitation.

This time i intend to completely remove my bank statements and make my sister the sole sponsor. please remember that she has a good job, although she paid out 5k pounds in august from her account which would be returned soon. does she have to explain this lodgement as a sponsor? please are these documents sufficient enough to procure a 6 months visit visa? also can i reapply again on the 8 of october 2019? is it to soon?.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Msadesina: 4:27pm On Oct 02, 2019
Please i have redrafted my question again with the letter. Please i need your advice.

I applied for a UK visa in august and the decision came out in sept and i was refused. I was shocked cos i believed the visa officer made a great mistake and did not go through my entire document that was uploaded and the decision was not fair. The trip was supoose to be for early Nov when i start my leave. The decision letter also stated that i had no right of appeal despite having travel histories. my organisation pays allowances in the middle of the month to a staff savings account, then the net salary into the current account at the end of the month, i attached the two bank statements and highlighted both payments, i attached both payslips, property documents as well as a cover letter explaining how payments are made and even my pension statement. There was no lump deposit and i saved up every kobo for 6months.

[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 4:32pm On Oct 02, 2019
2. Just ensure it shows that the trabsfer is coming from you to yourself. You can submit the two bank statements to avoid misconceptions and then write this in the additional information box
3. You can do this over a 6 month period and successfully have a healthy statement devoid of plenty stories. Yes goodluck.
Attach a comprehensive cover letter and write in the additional space box that u are attaching it
PanicButton:
Hello house, great job on your efforts thus far.
Please I would like clarifications to the following;
1. What constitutes a large deposit? I currently earn 250k (with about 420k in savings) and borrowed my sister 120k, sometime last year. She would be refunding that money for the purpose of my visa application. Is that considered a large deposit? if she splits it and sends at different intervals, will that be considered a large deposit as well? Please shed more light on the concept of a large deposit.
2. I have transferred money from my savings account (approx. 90k) to my salaried account which I will be submitting. Without submitting my saving account statement, how else do I avoid suspicion?
3. I have no dependent, stay with my parents and will be spending way less(compared to other months) to build up my account for my application. Expenditure for a month used to be about 100k, but I hope to spend as little as 30k, will that be suspect?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 4:36pm On Oct 02, 2019
They said they didn’t see this 400 and something amount as ur salary credits...what was reflecting is 280 something.
if u have proof of all these payments and can get a letter from the company to highlight these payments that come in at different times as you state in this writeup then go ahead and write the letter of complaint
Msadesina:
Please i have redrafted my question again with the letter. Please i need your advice.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Suuz: 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2019
Msadesina:

1. I haven’t had a personal experience with requesting for a refund but I have seen people say theirs was refunded within 30days.

2. With regards to the letter of consideration that you want to send to them, Is your salary of N414,511 reflecting in your statement? or is your salary 285k?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Msadesina: 4:44pm On Oct 02, 2019
We are paid twice in a month, one into savings as allowances, one into current as salary. I was given payslips for both payments and i attached them all and even both bank statements. I also attached my letter of employment. If the person had checked my payslips and the savings account, the 400 would have added up. It was stated in my cover letter, i just felt a good job was not done

Is it a letter of complaint i should do or fill the admistrative review form. And do i have to attach all the documents again? Please i need guidance so i can get it right

Suuz:

1. I haven’t had a personal experience with requesting for a refund but I have seen people say theirs was refunded with 30days.

2. With regards to the letter of consideration that you want to send to them, Is your salary of N414,511 reflecting in your statement? or is your salary 285k?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by maks224: 4:46pm On Oct 02, 2019
Thanks for your response. in the previous application i didn't give a cover letter. can't i explain that my sister wants to give me a treat? can't it be a gift from a family member (an all expense paid trip)? can i also explain that i dont have any responsibilities and the initial figure was put in error, the truth is that is not my monthly expense, and now my sister is my best friend, we are very close, cant she decide to gift me this present? regardless of whether i work or not?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 4:47pm On Oct 02, 2019
If it were me, and I feel I was wrongly assessed I would do everything.
Msadesina:

We are paid twice in a month, one into savings as allowances, one into current as salary. I was given payslips for both payments and i attached them all and even both bank statements. I also attached my letter of employment. If the person had checked my payslips and the savings account, the 400 would have added up. It was stated in my cover letter, i just felt a good job was not done

Is it a letter of complaint i should do or fill the admistrative review form. And do i have to attach all the documents again? Please i need guidance so i can get it right

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 4:50pm On Oct 02, 2019
Odiegwu. dont go and get another refusal
maks224:
Thanks for your response. in the previous application i didn't give a cover letter. can't i explain that my sister wants to give me a treat? can't it be a gift from a family member (an all expense paid trip)? can i also explain that i dont have any responsibilities and the initial figure was put in error, the truth is that is not my monthly expense, and now my sister is my best friend, we are very close, cant she decide to gift me this present? regardless of whether i work or not?

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TheOmolola: 4:52pm On Oct 02, 2019
House please help, I don't know what to do. Only my sponsor evidence uploaded. I still have my cover letter, employment evidence, financial evidence and other just showing ready to submit.

@justwise
@giselle237
@pufframmy
@Bizbloke
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 4:53pm On Oct 02, 2019
It is these documents that u are uploading that will be transferred to the visa people for assessment. If it is incomplete as it has already submitted by itself, how then will you be assessed appropriately?
Maybe u should check the conditions for refund and consider canceling your application and start again.

TLS is just an intermediary company, they cant help you reopen the submission timeline angry
TheOmolola:
@justwise

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Msadesina: 4:55pm On Oct 02, 2019
I already downloaded the administrative review form, do i write a letter of complaint and attach to it with all the docunenrs earlier submitted.

Please guide me. I am ready for them cos i was so pissed.

giselle237:
If it were me, and I feel I was wrongly assessed I would do everything.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Suuz: 4:56pm On Oct 02, 2019
Msadesina:

If you explained this in your cover letter, then you should write a letter of consideration stating that you explained your salary inflow but if you didn’t explain it thoroughly in your cover letter then I’ll advise you apply again and explain your salary inflow in the extra space on your application form and also on the cover letter, just Incase the eco doesn’t read your cover letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Msadesina: 4:59pm On Oct 02, 2019
Yes they are all reflecting. I can wait for the refund but this letter of consideration. Am i to send a letter of comsideration, or administrative review or complaint letter.

And who do i send it to

Suuz:

1. I haven’t had a personal experience with requesting for a refund but I have seen people say theirs was refunded within 30days.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 5:04pm On Oct 02, 2019
These questions were answered just a few pages back.
Msadesina:
Yes they are all reflecting. I can wait for the refund but this letter of consideration. Am i to send a letter of comsideration, or administrative review or complaint letter.
And who do i send it to
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TheOmolola: 5:05pm On Oct 02, 2019
Please how cam I cancel my application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Suuz: 5:06pm On Oct 02, 2019
Msadesina:

And who do i send it to

Check the 29th of September on this forum, I saw someone (oak202) paste the link he used in sending his own letter across.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 6:34pm On Oct 02, 2019
there is an option to delete with x symbol in red colour use it to delete it and re-upload another one

TheOmolola:
@justwise

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Msadesina: 6:56pm On Oct 02, 2019
You need to see how pained i felt when i saw the decision. i explained everything paragraph by paragraph in a cover letter, i even used biro to highlight each payment on the statement but it seems the person chose which to look at. I decided on assisted service to avoid upload issues atleast i would be at peace knowing i attached everything for 10k.

Infact my supervisor said its impossible that the person reviewed my documents. I have been to other countries and never overstayed so why UK

Suuz:

If you explained this in your cover letter, then you should write a letter of consideration stating that you explained your salary inflow but if you didn’t explain it thoroughly in your cover letter then I’ll advise you apply again and explain your salary inflow in the extra space on your application form and also on the cover letter, just Incase the eco doesn’t read your cover letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Shigoboy(m): 7:24pm On Oct 02, 2019
Hi guys, quick question, is there a certain amount of BTA for UK tourism? My sis traveling this weekend, she’s having cash of £500 excluding reservation, she staying for 10 days, hope that won’t lead to more questions at the POE?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Candybright: 9:06pm On Oct 02, 2019
Msadesina:

But I saw where they said your travel expenses will cost you about #905k which is like double your entire 2months salart minus your expenditure of #300k for the 2months.
I think your budget wasn't ok too. I'm not saying you shouldn't write them. I'm just thinking out loud. Just incase they decide to review your application and see that one as another excuse.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Msadesina: 9:35pm On Oct 02, 2019
Thanks for your observation but for record purpose is there a limit to what your expenses should be? I honestly just want to be clear cos whoever reviewed decided based only on the current account balance alone. I saved up for over 6months moreso it was just a budget not like i must spend it. I would assume budget should be big to accomodate any eventualilities.

We will see how it goes.

Candybright:

But I saw where they said your travel expenses will cost you about #905k which is like double your entire 2months salart minus your expenditure of #300k for the 2months.
I think your budget wasn't ok too. I'm not saying you shouldn't write them. I'm just thinking out loud. Just incase they decide to review your application and see that one as another excuse.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Candybright: 9:45pm On Oct 02, 2019
Msadesina:
Thanks for your observation but for record purpose is there a limit to what your expenses should be? I honestly just want to be clear cos whoever reviewed decided based only on the current account balance alone. I saved up for over 6months moreso it was just a budget not like i must spend it. I would assume budget should be big to accomodate any eventualilities.

We will see how it goes.

From what I've learnt here from since 1900 is that you shouldn't spend more than 2months income as I've also seen that as reason for refusal in many refusal letters posted here. They practically state it in the letter. Of course many people will still end up spending more than their budget but just so they don't have issues with visa decision, they stick with their rules.

I'll be putting in my application before month end GOD willing and I have that at the back of my mind already.

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.