Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1439333 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Success2011: 11:49pm On Nov 20, 2019
No. Free appointment. Please did you pay to get the appointment?[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 11:57pm On Nov 20, 2019
Success2011:
No. Free appointment. Please did you pay to get the appointment?
Ok. When did you book the appointment?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Success2011: 12:01am On Nov 21, 2019
Thank you. I booked the appointment 14 days ago. It was free appointment
dilodavid:
You can track the progress of the application by logging in to your profile. You will see "track" where you have your appointment details, in the same area from where you navigated to book your appointment. Please did you pay to get appointment?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 12:03am On Nov 21, 2019
Success2011:
Thank you. I booked the appointment 14 days ago. It was free appointment
Ok. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by PucciGuru(m): 7:08am On Nov 21, 2019
[quote author=PucciGuru post=84217357][/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kolajoo(m): 7:10am On Nov 21, 2019
Fk1987:
I'm on it but I tried using my master card for payment, av entered the necessary things but displaying :The Security Code(CV2) is required but no icon to type the cv2 code..
Use an app to track it with ur name and passport number. Perhaps, don’t waste your money because those people won’t give you straight answer.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by PucciGuru(m): 7:11am On Nov 21, 2019
Hello guys,

How do self employed package their visa please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 8:12am On Nov 21, 2019
Fk1987:
I'm on it but I tried using my master card for payment, av entered the necessary things but displaying :The Security Code(CV2) is required but no icon to type the cv2 code..

its either network or javascript wasnt enabled
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fk1987: 8:27am On Nov 21, 2019
opomulero:

its either network or javascript wasnt enabled
ok.. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Africankel(m): 8:38am On Nov 21, 2019
Hello all, so I'm about to apply for 6 months visitors visa, and need advice on the following.

I own five (5) registered businesses with fully operational bank accounts. I intend to fund the trip from one of the company accounts.

1. Personal savings account has a closing balance of less than 200k

2. Company account (the one to fund my trip) has about 14m. I intend to transfer funds from the business account to my personal account and explain this transaction in a letter.

3. I also intend to present both company and savings account statement, in addition to a bank reference letter.

4. To show ties and other income; I intend to present all other company registration documents and their respective bank reference letter (without the bank statements).

In view of the foregoing, I'd sincerely appreciate your advice and guidance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Maymai: 10:21am On Nov 21, 2019
DMainMan:

You don't need to book any flight.

Also, your disposable income in this instance is 230k. When doubled, it is more than twice your budget. This is very good. You can also lessen your monthly expenses to 60k if it reflects in your bank statement. If not, leave it as it. It is very okay.

Converting your current budget to pounds which gives 829 pounds (oanda rate)

Now what you need is to write a succinct letter of introduction and also detail your itinerary as below
for an example:
Using Oanda conversion rate of Nov 19, 2019.

Flight (economy return) from Muritala Muhammed Lagos International Airport to London Heathrow Airport (please see attached reserved flight ticket) 218,000 naira (462 pounds)
Public transport and taxi from airport to hostel: 25 pounds
Public transport and taxi from hotel to airport when going back home: 25 pounds
Hostel Accommodation for 7 days: 40,000 naira (84.8 pounds)
Feeding: I have budgeted 20 pounds per day. For 8 days i.e including the day of departure, therefore, it is going to160 pounds.
Transportation within: I will purchase Oyster weekly bus and tram ticket for tourism. Will love to visit museums, Buckingham Palace and other lovely sights: 21.20 pounds
Miscellaneous/Unforeseen expenses: 51 pounds

Total: 829 pounds

Include all necessary documents and illustrate your home ties and supporting documents.

Good luck.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Maymai: 10:31am On Nov 21, 2019
dilodavid:
You can make use of 3 months bank statement for your visa application. It's better to make use of a concise 3 months bank statement than to submit 6 months bank statement with inconsistent transactions that might lead to refusal. I hope you understand.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fk1987: 10:32am On Nov 21, 2019
kolajoo:
Use an app to track it with ur name and passport number. Perhaps, don’t waste your money because those people won’t give you straight answer.
Hi
Pls this is the feedback I got this morning..
Pls can anyone help me and explain what this means?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Africankel(m): 2:05pm On Nov 21, 2019
Africankel:
Hello all, so I'm about to apply for 6 months visitors visa, and need advice on the following.

I own five (5) registered businesses with fully operational bank accounts. I intend to fund the trip from one of the company accounts.

1. Personal savings account has a closing balance of less than 200k

2. Company account (the one to fund my trip) has about 14m. I intend to transfer funds from the business account to my personal account and explain this transaction in a letter.

3. I also intend to present both company and savings account statement, in addition to a bank reference letter.

4. To show ties and other income; I intend to present all other company registration documents and their respective bank reference letter (without the bank statements).

In view of the foregoing, I'd sincerely appreciate your advice and guidance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 3:33pm On Nov 21, 2019
@AfricanKel There are 2 school of thoughts on your issue and these have both resulted in either a denial or a visa vignette
Some people advice that you do not use your business account for personal vacation as the funds in your business account are meant for the running of your business and not for your personal frivolity.
Others have also claimed to have applied with business account plus a savings account with little or no money and got the visa.
Another group say they credit their personal account monthly to show salary accrued on a monthly basis so the visa officer could understand their source of income..
Now my take...
if let’s say you were to present all these 5 of your business accounts.. is it possible for you to provide a document from the company secretary stating a meeting was held OR a document to show that the company’s directors have approved the disbursement of the said funds you want to transfer to ur savings account as ‘ travel allowances ’ for the CEO or MD
In my opinion this shows that u do not just remotely run the businesses without laid down rules.

Then blast them with paper evidence of every and anything to show these businesses as ties.. as well as ur other documents
Pls let others in the house reply

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 4:18pm On Nov 21, 2019
dilodavid:
Max 90 days. You will get your money back into your account. You wanna cancel cos of the non availability of free appointment dates?
Yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Teegirl101(f): 4:31pm On Nov 21, 2019
VISA APPROVED
The Journey ------>
Biometerics - 5th Nov
Application Received By DMC - 5th Nov
Application Received By VAC - 20th Nov
Picked up - 21st Nov

Visa type - Visitor Visas. (2nd approved application within same year, 2019)
Normal processing (no additional fee to speed up)

No agency, self application, kept strictly to all information via TLS and UK Visas and Immigration. Came in here "NAIRALAND after submission to get updated with any possible general changes, also more information least I missed any for future purpose.
Thanks y'all wink

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 21, 2019
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Africankel(m): 5:48pm On Nov 21, 2019
Sincere thanks for your kind response.

The request for funds will be contained in an Internal Memo to the GM who will in turn minute it to the Accountant for disbursement. A copy of this memo will be attached to my visa application.

Kindly note that for the other companies, I only intend to present Certificates of Registration and Bank Reference letters (Without their respective bank statements).

I am however considering sending Bank statements of the account where funds will be transferred from.

Warm regards.

giselle237:
@AfricanKel There are 2 school of thoughts on your issue and these have both resulted in either a denial or a visa vignette
Some people advice that you do not use your business account for personal vacation as the funds in your business account are meant for the running of your business and not for your personal frivolity.
Others have also claimed to have applied with business account plus a savings account with little or no money and got the visa.
Another group say they credit their personal account monthly to show salary accrued on a monthly basis so the visa officer could understand their source of income..
Now my take...
if let’s say you were to present all these 5 of your business accounts.. is it possible for you to provide a document from the company secretary stating a meeting was held OR a document to show that the company’s directors have approved the disbursement of the said funds you want to transfer to ur savings account as ‘ travel allowances ’ for the CEO or MD
In my opinion this shows that u do not just remotely run the businesses without laid down rules.

Then blast them with paper evidence of every and anything to show these businesses as ties.. as well as ur other documents
Pls let others in the house reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Candybright: 6:28pm On Nov 21, 2019
Africankel:
Sincere thanks for your kind response.

The request for funds will be contained in an Internal Memo to the GM who will in turn minute it to the Accountant for disbursement. A copy of this memo will be attached to my visa application.

Kindly note that for the other companies, I only intend to present Certificates of Registration and Bank Reference letters (Without their respective bank statements).

I am however considering sending Bank statements of the account where funds will be transferred from.

Warm regards.

I think you should just keep your application simple. If one company account demonstrate enough funds, use it. Don't go and scatter VO's dada with plenty documents and explanation they don't even read atimes

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by demmysoft: 10:48pm On Nov 21, 2019
[Base on my friend application experience, his first application was granted with hotel reservation claimed he doesn't have anybody in UK, He later apply his second application with invitation letter from his brother and he was banned for 5yrs, despite he stated that he just got his brother contact recently. I guess it help.

quote author=Horlaidey007 post=84209911]Please, I need your advice I got my 6-month visa this year expire next year Jan with me saying I do not have any family member in the Uk and i spent Just 10day as indicated when making the application. my question now is I want to process for 2 years and my inlaw want to invite myself and hubby will this be an issue for me since my first application was not with the invitation letter

[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dotunfelix1: 10:50pm On Nov 21, 2019
@ dilodavid @justwise
please can i reapply asap
Please help oooooo

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 11:06pm On Nov 21, 2019
dotunfelix1:
@ dilodavid @justwise
Please help oooooo

Please try and upload the second document properly
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dotunfelix1: 11:10pm On Nov 21, 2019
Ok
justwise:

Please try and upload the second document properly

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 21, 2019
dotunfelix1:
@ dilodavid @justwise
Please help oooooo
I believe you can reapply soon, but first, you must be able to address the concerns raised in your previous refusal letter. ECOs can overlook travel history if other requirements are satisfied. You need to reduce the cost of your trip and also explain funds in your account that are not from your stated income source. Endeavour not to spend more than twice your monthly disposable income on a trip. I hope this helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dotunfelix1: 11:28pm On Nov 21, 2019
Thanku very much
dilodavid:
I believe you can reapply soon, but first, you must be able to address the concerns raised in your previous refusal letter. ECOs can overlook travel history if other requirements are satisfied. You need to reduce the cost of your trip and also explain funds in your account that are not from your stated income source. Endeavour not to spend more than twice your monthly disposable income on a trip. I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by FNRF: 12:34am On Nov 22, 2019
Good day everyone!

I have been following this thread for weeks now because I plan on applying for a UK tourist visa.

I’m 25 years old and using a chinese student visa which is renewed yearly after tuition is paid.

I visited South Korea last year and I also traveled to Japan (April) and France (September) this year.

I have started the renewal of my residence permit and I’d like to apply for the UK tourist visa.

I have gotten T-Bills certificate from my parents worth 10 million naira and also account balance of circa 1.5 million naira, C of O and a survey for another landed property all of which are scanned copies.

I engage in a petty business which makes huge sums of amount going in and out of my account.

I help people (Nigerians) who want to pay their chinese agents, hence the reason of inflow of huge sums in my chinese bank account.

I filled in I have a personal savings which is equivalent to 1m naira.

I’m at the crossroad now because I do not have proofs to show these transactions other than conversations with this people and naira sent to my Nigerian bank account.

Also, my monthly expense I raised it to 130k which sometimes is possible. My monthly rent is 62k rmb and I have receipts for this, and I have utility bills of about 10k monthly which sums up to 72 rmb monthly.

My feeding goes up to about 55k which is because I do not eat some certain things and part it is used for some miscellaneous expenses.

I sponsor myself but just trying to use these documents with my parents name saying they’re sponsoring me with 1500 pounds flight, hotel and daily expenses for 9 days tourist visit.

Here’s a break down of the 1500.00

Flight; 532 pounds

Hotel; 460 pounds

The remaining balance would be used for feeding and buying tickets for tourist sites.

I can get letter from the school, also I’d like to ask if scanned copies of the T-Bills, statement, IDs and signed letters of my parents work?

I’d like to know if this is a good shot or are there anything I should add.

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Safiguy4u: 12:44am On Nov 22, 2019
demmysoft:
[Base on my friend application experience, his first application was granted with hotel reservation claimed he doesn't have anybody in UK, He later apply his second application with invitation letter from his brother and he was banned for 5yrs, despite he stated that he just got his brother contact recently. I guess it help.

quote author=Horlaidey007 post=84209911]Please, I need your advice I got my 6-month visa this year expire next year Jan with me saying I do not have any family member in the Uk and i spent Just 10day as indicated when making the application. my question now is I want to process for 2 years and my inlaw want to invite myself and hubby will this be an issue for me since my first application was not with the invitation letter

You already know the answer to your question from your friend's experience, or do you need a prophet to tell you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:05am On Nov 22, 2019
Please help!
Can anyone put me through on the new UK skilled workers visa program? Is there a thread for it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:06am On Nov 22, 2019
dotunfelix1:
@ dilodavid @justwise
Please help oooooo

What is your net salary?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Alkidam(m): 7:09am On Nov 22, 2019
Gurus. Am a salary earner, and i intend to collect contribution money saved fom my salary before my trip.which will be transferred o my account. Woul there be any hitches of such? And how do i go bout it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.