Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,757 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1444925 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 7:39am On Feb 05, 2020
Good morning house. Please I am asking this for a neighbour. She is into branding and clothing, SHE registered her business with CAC but uses her personal bank account for all transactions. Her balance is 2.5m at the moment. Please how can she successfully apply for a UK visit visa. She plan to stay for 7days as she doesn't know anyone in the UK. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gracious13: 8:27am On Feb 05, 2020
Good day everyone.. please I'm confused right now.. I applied for Uk visa with my old passport, thinking I would submit without booking appointment (walk in), but before I knw it was already less than 6 months .. And later I came to realize, If i submit my application, I might not be issued visa , so I had to collect a new passport and they have already cancelled the old one ...

The problem is , I don't know what to do again... So Confused �. should I cancel the application ? and get my money back or submit it like that.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:30am On Feb 05, 2020
The passport has been canceled without prejudice, please no embassy will stamp on it since u said it has been cancelled due to the fact you have a new one. Cancel the application, start afresh with new passport number... ur money will be refunded later.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 8:37am On Feb 05, 2020
graceodini:
Good morning house. Please I am asking this for a neighbour. She is into branding and clothing, SHE registered her business with CAC but uses her personal bank account for all transactions. Her balance is 2.5m at the moment. Please how can she successfully apply for a UK visit visa. She plan to stay for 7days as she doesn't know anyone in the UK. Thanks.

Giselle, pls advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by BossFingy(m): 9:00am On Feb 05, 2020
I'm having similar issue...since DEC. 30th...it has really over stayed.
Lipsyred:
Good evening people. Please I need help my brother did his biometric since Dec 5th 2019 and till date it is still awaiting Vac stage ,he sent mail and got automated response to get back to him and on tls is still same stage since witout change.Is this normal?Any advise what he can do.The travel date is passed and no response.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sihamey: 9:32am On Feb 05, 2020
Please i will like to know if UK visa processing centre is walk in and submit application and also wish to have the link for application here. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigbus: 9:48am On Feb 05, 2020
winzy:
Good day all... i will be travelling soon to the UK, Egyptair and Etihad are the airlines on my mind.... sooo, i wanna get reviews or advice on the best airline to follow based on:

1. Layover, is anyone gonna lodge the flyer in a hotel or you wait in the lounge or something? Depends on the ticket and the length of the layover. Egypt is known to regularly provide hotel for long layovers, Etihad used to have a package for layovers though I can't recall if it was free. In any case, you need to find out from the airline or whoever is booking your ticket. Best to book options with short layovers, so the need for hotel or long wait in the airport does not apply. Cairo's airport is bigger and has more options of things to do/see than Abu Dhabi.

2. Inflight entertainment, which one gives better food and entertainments like drinks, cable sockets, screen for movies? Etihad for inflight screen time. Also Egypt does not serve anything with alcohol. Airplane food can never compare with your food at home.

3. Comfortability, which one has better leg space as am pretty tall? Try to get an exit row seat, either when you book, or at the airport at checkin. Some airlines sell those seats. Else, leg space is pretty much similar for Economy tickets. Getting a Business Class ticket solves this.

4. Baggage allowance, you know what i mean ba? Again, this depends on the ticket you buy. Even in Economy, there are different tickets. Etihad offers 50kg weight concept ticket. Egypt offers 1 or 2 * 23kg piece concept. Depending on the class, you can get many other options. Check with your ticketing office, or read the small print if booking directly online.

5. Other necessary reviews or comment not listed here. People have praised Emirates and Qatar. Since you are willing to route your trip via the middle east, you can consider them also, as they over better services/facilities on all counts than the two you mentioned.

please... thank you

Comments inserted above.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigbus: 9:53am On Feb 05, 2020
sihamey:
Please i will like to know if UK visa processing centre is walk in and submit application and also wish to have the link for application here. Thanks

There are walk-in options. Finish filling your form and you will get there. You may have to pay though. The TLS site, which you enter from the link in your form has too many options of what services you can pay for to facilitate your submission and biometrics..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigbus: 9:59am On Feb 05, 2020
graceodini:

She should study the thread, and put her business and personal affairs in order. She should not rush it. Reading the thread will help her know what documents to prepare and what pitfalls to avoid.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gracious13: 10:18am On Feb 05, 2020
Thanks so much
giselle237:
The passport has been canceled without prejudice, please no embassy will stamp on it since u said it has been cancelled due to the fact you have a new one. Cancel the application, start afresh with new passport number... ur money will be refunded later.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gracious13: 10:20am On Feb 05, 2020
Thank God I asked ... Someone told me some days ago, to mention it in my cover letter.. he said there's no need of cancelling ...

giselle237:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MT: 11:01am On Feb 05, 2020
hamzat55:
Hello, my sister submitted her application Jan 22, biometric Jan 27, email for collection just dropped. She's worried because her application processing time is not up to the stipulated time of 15days. Has anyone receive email pick up within 9days?

I am sorry but most times it leads to refusal because the ECO has found something negative and might feel it was needless to proceed further with investigation. I hope your own case turns different.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oyin000000: 1:31pm On Feb 05, 2020
Hello house. Please how does one count the 15 working days? Is it from the day of biometrics or the day you get a mail that they have received it at UKVI?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigbus: 3:09pm On Feb 05, 2020
oyin000000:
Hello house. Please how does one count the 15 working days? Is it from the day of biometrics or the day you get a mail that they have received it at UKVI?
Not sure, but I would suppose the day number 1 is the next working day after the biometrics. In any case, 15 working days is a guide for their best efforts; they regularly deliver earlier and later.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigbus: 3:14pm On Feb 05, 2020
hamzat55:
Hello, my sister submitted her application Jan 22, biometric Jan 27, email for collection just dropped. She's worried because her application processing time is not up to the stipulated time of 15days. Has anyone receive email pick up within 9days?

It means the ECO found it very easy to reach a decision. Or other circumstances like maybe a shorter queue of applications for the particular ECO at that time. 15 days is indicative. Has she picked her passport now?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cheucheu: 4:01pm On Feb 05, 2020
hamzat55:

Outcome will be positive
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Atu6040: 6:08pm On Feb 05, 2020
Can UK embassy send email message if visa is refused? Can they notify?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Luchiano54: 6:51pm On Feb 05, 2020
I really hope the outcome is positive for your sister. I had similar timeline.
Biometrics- 29th November(Friday)
Pick up email- 9th DEC(Monday).
Visa was issued on the 4th of December.
Standard.
Tier 2.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by msbaileyz(f): 9:03pm On Feb 05, 2020
Hello house,
I have a refusal based on paragraph(s) 4.2 of appendix V, that is the refusal was based on the inflow of funds in my personal account. The ECO stated “both bank statements consists of several unexplained deposits and transfers from unknown source.
Both accounts are Gtb savings and Stanbic mutual funds
I had submitted
* my work documents (salary reflects in my account on a monthly basis)
* my registered business name cert as I am also an entrepreneur (event planning on weekends) it was stated in my application that fees are mostly paid in my personal account.
* introduction letter and copies of clients invoices were attached (invoices funds reflect in my account statement)
* gtbank statement and ref
* Stanbic statement and ref
And other documents
The challenge here is that, from the response from the ECO, he/she is satisfied with everything but my source of funds.
1. Stanbic investment has been for over 6months (3.2m in May 2019 and 800k in July 2019)... This was a gift and I’m wondering (would it be better to add a deed of gift to back that up)?
2. Then for the huge funds from my business, would it be better to add the event planning agreement? And a letter explaining other inflow like money from family and friends, sale of unused household items and the like?
Lastly, is it advisable for me to reapply immediately? and what’s your advice about how I should go about explaining?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:19pm On Feb 05, 2020
@msbaileyz sorry about the refusal
.. Pls explain what exactly you mean by the stanbic funds.. u were gifted the whole 4m? That’s in may 2019 and July 2019?
How much is ur salary from ur employer?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by msbaileyz(f): 9:25pm On Feb 05, 2020
I was gifted the whole 4m but invested 3.2 in May and subsequently did another investment of 800k in July.... salary is 220k
giselle237:
@msbaileyz sorry about the refusal
.. Pls explain what exactly you mean by the stanbic funds.. u were gifted the whole 4m? That’s in may 2019 and July 2019?
How much is ur salary from ur employer?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by winzy(m): 9:26pm On Feb 05, 2020
bigbus:

Comments inserted above.

Thank you very much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:28pm On Feb 05, 2020
u were gifted the whole 4m? That’s in may 2019 and July 2019? And u applied for a visa in dece2019... hmm this screams like it was planned for this visa..
How come u have these unexplained deposits... cus now u saying u want to explain money from family and friends, money from sale of unused house hold items, huge funds from business, investment deposit tht was a gift...
Caus even after all these deposits ur main account bal as at submission was a little over 600k...seems to me the bulk of money came in from these deposits and not ur salary? that definitely raises a flag
Sorry but i have to be blunt
msbaileyz:
I was gifted the whole 4m but invested 3.2 in May and subsequently did another investment of 800k in July.... salary is 220k

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by msbaileyz(f): 9:30pm On Feb 05, 2020
I applied in Jan 2020 and it wasn’t planned for a visa, it is for another purpose, it’s not even a fund I want to touch
giselle237:
u were gifted the whole 4m? That’s in may 2019 and July 2019? And u applied for a visa in dece2019... hmm this screams like it was planned for this visa..
How come u have all these unexplained deposits... cus now u saying u want to explain money from family and friends, money from sale of unused house hold items, huge funds from business, investment deposit tht was a gift...
Caus even after all these deposits ur main account bal as at submission was a little over 600k...seems to me the bulk of money came in from these deposits and not ur salary? that definitely raises a flag

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:35pm On Feb 05, 2020
Ok jan 2020 u applied. My issue is d timeline.. 5-6months after
and its not like u saved it up urself from ur business or salary, the investment just dropped gbam as a gift so this is a red flag. What’s the source? They can’t place theiir hands on it?
Also money in ur savings account... so many sources.. a salary of 220k u can have a decent statement of account without all these huge deposits..
separate your business from your personal funds...
if you will be unable to separate the business from the personal money then save up strictly with your salary .
Clearly define the sources of your money with evidence .
msbaileyz:
I applied in Jan 2020 and it wasn’t planned for a visa, it is for another purpose, it’s not even a fund I want to touch

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by msbaileyz(f): 9:40pm On Feb 05, 2020
This deposits were paid in and the next thing it’s out to sort out vendors, boyfriend sends money on a regular, money from unused furniture (there was even a remark from the buyers on the statement),mutual funds interest too was credited in the same Acct, some acquaintances credit. My balance was a little over 600k because I rarely leave funds in my salary account and even the 600k was transferred from my other bank accounts, plus the bulk money didn’t come in from the deposit cos the gift existed even before huge funds started coming in
giselle237:
How come u have these unexplained deposits... cus now u saying u want to explain money from family and friends, money from sale of unused house hold items, huge funds from business, investment deposit tht was a gift...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:43pm On Feb 05, 2020
Open a separate account for your business. Plenty crediting from undefined sources or sources without proofs disturbs ECOs eyes.
msbaileyz:
This deposits were paid in and the next thing it’s out to sort out vendors, boyfriend sends money on a regular, money from unused furniture (there was even a remark from the buyers on the statement),mutual funds interest too was credited in the same Acct, some acquaintances credit. My balance was a little over 600k because I rarely leave funds in my salary account and even the 600k was transferred from my other bank accounts, plus the bulk money didn’t come in from the deposit cos the gift existed even before huge funds started coming in

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by msbaileyz(f): 9:45pm On Feb 05, 2020
giselle237:
Open a separate account for your business. Plenty crediting disturbs ECOs eyes.
ok thanks for your time, really appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:53pm On Feb 05, 2020
msbaileyz you are welcome

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TechSpot: 10:12pm On Feb 05, 2020
msbaileyz:
Hello house,
I have a refusal based on paragraph(s) 4.2 of appendix V, that is the refusal was based on the inflow of funds in my personal account. The ECO stated “both bank statements consists of several unexplained deposits and transfers from unknown source.
Both accounts are Gtb savings and Stanbic mutual funds
I had submitted
* my work documents (salary reflects in my account on a monthly basis)
* my registered business name cert as I am also an entrepreneur (event planning on weekends) it was stated in my application that fees are mostly paid in my personal account.
* introduction letter and copies of clients invoices were attached (invoices funds reflect in my account statement)
* gtbank statement and ref
* Stanbic statement and ref
And other documents
The challenge here is that, from the response from the ECO, he/she is satisfied with everything but my source of funds.
1. Stanbic investment has been for over 6months (3.2m in May 2019 and 800k in July 2019)... This was a gift and I’m wondering (would it be better to add a deed of gift to back that up)?
2. Then for the huge funds from my business, would it be better to add the event planning agreement? And a letter explaining other inflow like money from family and friends, sale of unused household items and the like?
Lastly, is it advisable for me to reapply immediately? and what’s your advice about how I should go about explaining?

Your refusal letter is similar to mine... UK ECOs are so so lazy, they won't go through the statement to read the transaction description or do a thorough job to check if truly your explanation for the source of funds tally with what is on your bank statements. They even used the same phrase "unknown sources" they used for me for you.

If you have more documents to proof the ECO wrong you can reapply cos that's what they really want (they want to chop double application fees). So don't waste your time complaining cos they won't reverse the decision rather they will suggest you reapply. They are after the application money.

If you are really seeking a vacation forget the UK, apply to European countries, South Africa or Latin America they will gladly give you visa with this your account balance. That's what I did. I don park UK for one side

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Candybright: 10:14pm On Feb 05, 2020
badboy92:

I flew British Airways, the return flight was terrible, it was like I was flying in Young Shall Grow motors
grin grin grin lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gracious13: 11:24pm On Feb 05, 2020
Good evening everyone, please guru in d house. I want to confirm... How can I explain the source of funds in my salary account..?? because I have a lot of huge amount of money deposited in my account.. what should I do

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.