Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,556 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1439006 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Darvick: 9:21am On Mar 14, 2020
OLUPROMISE:
Please Guru in the house
My mother-in law visited us in UK on 6 months visa, during the application we stated she will be staying 1 month but she stayed 4months and a week please will this affect her next application.

It will only if you could give the ECO a genuine reason why she stayed 4months instead of 1month she stated in her application. Alternatively the ECO could ignore it if she’s very old coz they believe elderly people wanna stay and relax more with their family
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Darvick: 9:24am On Mar 14, 2020
jessetom:
Good day Gurus.

I have been recently given admission to study at Estonia university for masters degree (on Scholarship). Due to the fact that there is no Estonian embassy in Nigeria, I am seeking to obtain the Estonian Visa from the Estonian embassy in the UK (although I'm considering other places such as Egypt, Israel and Turkey)

So at it stands, I have my uncle in the UK that have lived there for about 20 years with his wife amd kids (all UK citizens) and works as a medical doctor. I want to see if I can get an invitation from him so that I can apply for a short tourist visa to come to UK just for the reason of obtaining the Estonian student visa from the embassy there (although not stating rhis in ky application for obvious reasons).

What i want to know is,
1. Is this possible?
2. How much will it cost?
3. How long does it take to obtain the visa if he invites me?
4. How do I go about it?
5. Any other consideration and advice?

I will be glad if you guys can assist me.
Thanks so kindly.

- Mudi

P.S: I've never travelled abroad

No valid application for what you seek, you can’t travel to the UK for the purpose of apply to another country on a visiting visa, it’s against UK immigration rules and laws
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Biosak: 9:30am On Mar 14, 2020
Hi everyone,for a married man with 2 kids how much can i put as expensive for a month.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jessetom(m): 10:04am On Mar 14, 2020
Darvick:

No valid application for what you seek, you can’t travel to the UK for the purpose of apply to another country on a visiting visa, it’s against UK immigration rules and laws

I think it's same everywhere. But I can always give another reason, like tourism and visitation of my family over there that invited me. Right?

And when I get there, I can write to the Estonian embassy and have my interview and hopefully get the visa. Right?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:37am On Mar 14, 2020
jessetom:

I think it's same everywhere. But I can always give another reason, like tourism and visitation of my family over there that invited me. Right?
And when I get there, I can write to the Estonian embassy and have my interview and hopefully get the visa. Right?
Congratulations on your scholarship.
Sorry but i’ll be as honest as possible with you. No hard feelings.
If this is the plan then I don’t think you need to come here and be looking for who to convince you or to counter what u plan on doing. You have a plan, ask for tourism plan on this thread and not the other questions that could complicate our answers. No country will give you visa, if they know you are going to another country's embassy. Follow through to your tourism plans, and get into any country u choose. .. uk, egypt or turkey... It’s solely your prerogative to do the convincing and which embassy u want to follow thru.
Also there’s an estonian page on Nairaland, follow through on there with how others have moved and do same.
If u want to get help on getting uk visa, I mean if u choose uk, then pls fee free to ask questions on the subject .
What’s your occupation? Any husband or wife or children? Any property or assets? Any financial bonds or fixed deposits? Any aged parents?

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Biosak: 11:20am On Mar 14, 2020
Hi gurus in the house,i once I applied for UK family visit about 10years ago with an invitation from a cousin and I was refuse due to sponsor reasons,now I have a good tiles in Nigeria and buoyant I have one other cousin that want to invite me ,my question now is does invitation add to visa assurance or I should just do hotel,my invitee is giving me iv biodate of is UK which state leave to stay and is proof of address am sponsporing myself he's just going to give me accommodation food and take me round.thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by comflyes: 11:27am On Mar 14, 2020
Hello Gurus in the House...

You guys are doing a great job here.Kudos...Please advice and what are my chances.

I was denied tourist visa sometime in 2015 due to my financial status.After leaving my former employer late 2016,I got another job 2017 with a Telecommunication company in PH.My monthly salary is N345,000 after tax.I get commission for every products I sell and another commission on any contract I bring to the company cause we are allowed to bring contracts and get commission.These commissions are paid into my salary account.I would like to reapply again.I have the following documents

Employment confirmation letter from my company
Letter of Introduction
Leave letter
Cover letter explaining about the other money in my account aside my salary
6 Month Payslips
Marriage certificate with photos
Copy of my land property
Travel History to Dubai,2 Africa countries and Asia.
6 Month bank statement with (Opening balance of 3.8M and closing Balance of 5.2M.

I also stated on my form I will be spending 2000Pounds on this trip for 10days.This includes Flight ticket,Hotel,transports and shopping.

Please advice if their is other things I will need to add and what are my chances.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:37am On Mar 14, 2020
comflyes:

You guys are doing a great job here.Kudos...Please advice and what are my chances.I was denied tourist visa sometime in 2015 due to my financial status.After leaving my former employer late 2016,I got another job 2017 with a Telecommunication company in PH.My monthly salary is N345,000 after tax.I get commission for every products I sell and another commission on any contract I bring to the company cause we are allowed to bring contracts and get commission.These commissions are paid into my salary account.I would like to reapply again.I have the following documents
Letter of Introduction
Leave letter
6 Month Payslips
Copy of my land property
6 Month bank statement with (Opening balance of 3.8M and closing Balance of 5.2M.I also stated on my form I will be spending 2000Pounds on this trip for 10days.This includes Flight ticket,Hotel,transports and shopping.Please advice if their is other things I will need to add and what are my chances.

1. Can ur company include in your introduction letter about all the other multiple credits u get from them? That it’s legal and from them and due to so and so.
2. If they can’t then u must gather paper evidence to support such and not just cover letter incase u meet a stern ECO. he or she will simply classify it as multiple credits to inflate ur account and deny ur visa
3. 2000 pounds is a lot of money. Whether you have 10 million in ur account and choose to spend the 10 million on ur trip is totally up to u but for the sake of ur application and what u will fill please stick to 2 times of your disposable income and not more than that.
U can add hotel confirmation booking, provisional flight booking, free tour timetables that u plan to embark on, well written daily intinerary for what you will be doing on each day there as per real tourist behaviour, your rent receipts and agreement, letter from ur wife stating she will be in nigeria during the course of ur trip and her intl passport data page, your work id, entry and exit stamps of your travel hx alongside visa pages and then anything else u can think of.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:45am On Mar 14, 2020
Biosak:
Hi gurus in the house,i once I applied for UK family visit about 10years ago with an invitation from a cousin and I was refuse due to sponsor reasons,now I have a good tiles in Nigeria and buoyant I have one other cousin that want to invite me ,my question now is does invitation add to visa assurance or I should just do hotel,my invitee is giving me iv biodate of is UK which state leave to stay and is proof of address am sponsporing myself he's just going to give me accommodation food and take me round.thanks
Invitation doesn’t add to visa assurance. Just convince them about the purpose of your travel and the solid reasons as to why you can not definetely overstay your visa while presenting a non-shady statement of account with verifiable and good income and u are good to go
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jessetom(m): 11:49am On Mar 14, 2020
giselle237:
Congratulations on your scholarship.
Sorry but i’ll be as honest as possible with you. No hard feelings.
If this is the plan then I don’t think you need to come here and be looking for who to convince you or to counter what u plan on doing. You have a plan, ask for tourism plan on this thread and not the other questions that could complicate our answers. No country will give you visa, if they know you are going to another country's embassy. Follow through to your tourism plans, and get into any country u choose. .. uk, egypt or turkey... It’s solely your prerogative to do the convincing and which embassy u want to follow thru.
Also there’s an estonian page on Nairaland, follow through on there with how others have moved and do same.
If u want to get help on getting uk visa, I mean if u choose uk, then pls fee free to ask questions on the subject .
What’s your occupation? Any husband or wife or children? Any property or assets? Any financial bonds or fixed deposits? Any aged parents?

Thank you so much for your reply. I completely understand you. I am also in the Estonian forum. I want to use the UK and have my uncle over there that's a citizen to invite and sponsor me. That is why I choose UK. I will go under the premise that I want to visit him for a short while and not that I want to apply at another country foreign mission in UK. So I want advice on how to get the UK Standard Visitor Visa. L

As per your questions above;
1. I am single; no family or dependent.
2. Per my occupation, I am an engineering graduate, currently doing my NYSC.
3. I do not have assets.
4. I have aged parents, in Nigeria (just my mom)
5. I do not have so much financial capacity, personally, for obvious reasons. But my uncle shall sponsor me while inviting me.

Thank you so much.
Looking forward to your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:53am On Mar 14, 2020
jessetom:

Thank you so much for your reply. I completely understand you. I am also in the Estonian forum. I want to use the UK and have my uncle over there that's a citizen to invite and sponsor me. That is why I choose UK. I will go under the premise that I want to visit him for a short while and not that I want to apply at another country foreign mission in UK. So I want advice on how to get the UK Standard Visitor Visa. L

As per your questions above;
1. I am single; no family or dependent.
2. Per my occupation, I am an engineering graduate, currently doing my NYSC.
3. I do not have assets.
4. I have aged parents, in Nigeria (just my mom)
5. I do not have so much financial capacity, personally, for obvious reasons. But my uncle shall sponsor me while inviting me.Thank you so much.
Looking forward to your response.
For now, you don’t have so much tying you to Nigeria such as a wife or a job and need another individual’s finances to cover for your ‘holiday’ .... definitely this is a red flag. I don’t want to lie to you. Even the nysc stipends of 33k sef can’t vouch for your financial ties .. they need to be sure you are not a potential immigrant
However if u want to apply, did you make a 1st class in school? I mean for ur engineering? If u did, this holiday cud be your uncle’s reward for such a brilliant performance at uni and for upholding the family’s name and making everyone proud and as such he is offering you an all expense paid trip.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Success2011: 12:33pm On Mar 14, 2020
Please, someone should respond.Thanks
Success2011:
Please, at the moment, how much is "walk-in"? I mean walk-in at a VAC without prior appointment. I guess that's same as Flexi-Appointment? Good evening all?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jessetom(m): 12:36pm On Mar 14, 2020
giselle237:

For now, you don’t have so much tying you to Nigeria such as a wife or a job and need another individual’s finances to cover for your ‘holiday’ .... definitely this is a red flag. I don’t want to lie to you. Even the nysc stipends of 33k sef can’t vouch for your financial ties .. they need to be sure you are not a potential immigrant

Oh I see.
I used to think that the fact that I'm being invited would hold water. Guess I was totally wrong.
Wow! I didn't make a first class but a 2:1. Can I still use this reason? Or is there something else that they could accept from me? cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chrisbam(m): 12:39pm On Mar 14, 2020
Good afternoon all.
Please I submitted my mom's VAF already and her appointment is for Wednesday. I just realized there's a mistake on her mobile number filled into the form
+234703xxxxxx instead of +234903xxxxx

Please what is the best way to correct this?
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 1:13pm On Mar 14, 2020
Sometimes all you need is to run a search on Google for answers when you're not clear or sure ...read here https://www.vfsglobal.com/Belgium/Nigeria/know-your-visa-type.html

The Embassy of Belgium through VFSGlobal processes visa to Estonia and other countries through special arrangements with those countries. Even though it is stated that its a short-stay visa, on arrival at the country with the required documents from the school, you might be able to extend your stay or find out further how to apply for a student visa. All the best.

jessetom:
Good day Gurus.

I have been recently given admission to study at Estonia university for masters degree (on Scholarship). Due to the fact that there is no Estonian embassy in Nigeria, I am seeking to obtain the Estonian Visa from the Estonian embassy in the UK (although I'm considering other places such as Egypt, Israel and Turkey)

So at it stands, I have my uncle in the UK that have lived there for about 20 years with his wife amd kids (all UK citizens) and works as a medical doctor. I want to see if I can get an invitation from him so that I can apply for a short tourist visa to come to UK just for the reason of obtaining the Estonian student visa from the embassy there (although not stating rhis in ky application for obvious reasons).

What i want to know is,
1. Is this possible?
2. How much will it cost?
3. How long does it take to obtain the visa if he invites me?
4. How do I go about it?
5. Any other consideration and advice?

I will be glad if you guys can assist me.
Thanks so kindly.

- Mudi

P.S: I've never travelled abroad

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 1:15pm On Mar 14, 2020
jessetom:

Oh I see. I used to think that the fact that I'm being invited would hold water. Guess I was totally wrong.
Wow! I didn't make a first class but a 2:1. Can I still use this reason? Or is there something else that they could accept from me?
I dnt know agn sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 1:19pm On Mar 14, 2020
I hope you did not top up your account from N3.8M to N5.2m else you have to explain the huge deposit.

comflyes:

You guys are doing a great job here.Kudos...Please advice and what are my chances.

I was denied tourist visa sometime in 2015 due to my financial status.After leaving my former employer late 2016,I got another job 2017 with a Telecommunication company in PH.My monthly salary is N345,000 after tax.I get commission for every products I sell and another commission on any contract I bring to the company cause we are allowed to bring contracts and get commission.These commissions are paid into my salary account.I would like to reapply again.I have the following documents

Letter of Introduction
Leave letter
6 Month Payslips
Copy of my land property
6 Month bank statement with (Opening balance of 3.8M and closing Balance of 5.2M.

I also stated on my form I will be spending 2000Pounds on this trip for 10days.This includes Flight ticket,Hotel,transports and shopping.

Please advice if their is other things I will need to add and what are my chances.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 1:27pm On Mar 14, 2020
The rule is actually 10 days or so before you travel. Because you are expected to have been vaccinated.
omicron:
Thanks. Is it something she can get as she waits to board?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 1:32pm On Mar 14, 2020
Nope! I normally book an ordinary appointment and pay for walk-in
Success2011:
Please, someone should respond. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Biosak: 1:33pm On Mar 14, 2020
Thanks but should I say I don't know anyone there since its over 10 year's? Please advice me.
I have once used an invitation and I was refuse 10 years ago so if I decide to do new application will I say I don't know anyone there again?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chrisbam(m): 1:58pm On Mar 14, 2020
Chrisbam:
Good afternoon all.
Please I submitted my mom's VAF already and her appointment is for Wednesday. I just realized there's a mistake on her mobile number filled into the form
+234703xxxxxx instead of +234903xxxxx

Please what is the best way to correct this?
Thank you.

Please anyone help with this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 3:00pm On Mar 14, 2020
Chrisbam:
if u must correct it, then u will have to cancel the application and fill another VAF, make a new payment and then book a new appointment.
Remember the refund money wont come immediately and also the Wednesday appointment wont be retained.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chrisbam(m): 3:16pm On Mar 14, 2020
giselle237:
if u must correct it, then u will have to cancel the application and fill another VAF, make a new payment and then book a new appointment.
Remember the refund money wont come immediately and also the Wednesday appointment wont be retained.

Thank you for your response Giselle237
I think I will type out a letter adding the correct phone number, have her sign it and add to her supporting documents, it was only a digit that was wrongly inputed, she has had previous uk visas and carries same contact number.
Hope this will be okay? Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Darvick: 3:45pm On Mar 14, 2020
jessetom:

Why did you ask if you knew it’s the same everywhere?

If you like call or email them when you get to UK, Estonia embassy won’t answer you once they are aware you are a visitor in UK coz it’s not allowed.

Go to Estonia web nairaland page for Estonia visa you would find out how to apply. Holland doesn’t have embassy in Nigeria anymore but France do help them process their visas.

Whichever country that doesn’t have embassy at a country you reside, there’s always alternative provided to submit through another embassy or VAC. If you are interested going to UK, then ask questions here and apply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Darvick: 3:51pm On Mar 14, 2020
Chrisbam:

You don’t need to cancel the application because of just phone number, just write a cover letter to notify them and write down correct number at VAC to get notification when your passport is ready, least you still got correct email on the form. Phone no email etc is just for contact incase of further info or docs required, no big deal.

Please don’t cancel your application, go for your biometric and include a cover letter for change of phone no simple. Aye o le at least VAC would ask for your phone number again if you opt in for sms service
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chrisbam(m): 4:26pm On Mar 14, 2020
God bless you Darvick!!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gforce2019: 5:17pm On Mar 14, 2020
comflyes:

Letter of Introduction
Leave letter
6 Month Payslips
Copy of my land property

2000$/was what I stated in my last application that was rejected. They said it was too much.
But.you might be luck sha
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by comflyes: 6:45pm On Mar 14, 2020
Do you think I should reduce the the said amount I said I would be spending from 2000pounds to what please...Please note this said amount includes Flight ticket
Hotel
Feeding for 10days
Transportation
Shopping for my wife
miscellaneous

Whats your thought.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by comflyes: 6:48pm On Mar 14, 2020
No I did not.My salary and commissions that was paid from the last contract I executed which is from plastic company and that about 1M plus commission.
bigtt76:
I hope you did not top up your account from N3.8M to N5.2m else you have to explain the huge deposit.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:12pm On Mar 14, 2020
comflyes:
Do you think I should reduce the the said amount I said I would be spending from 2000pounds to what please...Please note this said amount includes Flight ticket
Hotel
Feeding for 10days
Transportation
Shopping for my wife
miscellaneous
Whats your thought.
1. Pls sir have you read this thread? Pls take out one night and go through this thread in respect to your finances if you don’t want a straight denial. Even if u are shopping for your whole family your budget should not be more than twice your disposable income.
2. Sort out this commission that you say comes into ur account. Let ur company write it out in plain English on ur introduction letter otherwise it will be classified as ‘money lodgement’
Pls read this thread.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Success2011: 8:51pm On Mar 14, 2020
Please, at the moment, how much is "walk-in"? I mean walk-in at a VAC without prior appointment. I guess that's same as Flexi-Appointment? Good evening all?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 9:38pm On Mar 14, 2020
Do you use your salary account to to receive payments from side gigs? If you do... Wahala go de o! We always advise that you separate your salary account from your side gigs if you don't want to have too many explanations, that would fall on deaf ears and eyes, to make.

The ECO wants to be sure that the earned salary amount you mentioned is the only entries in your bank statement. Any other entry would be deemed as funds paid in under fictitious manner or unexplainable circumstances just to favor your application.

If the assumption above is correct, you might want to correct this and try again in 6 months time.

comflyes:
No I did not.My salary and commissions that was paid from the last contract I executed which is from plastic company and that about 1M plus commission.

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.