Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1456268 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 28, 2020
iyatrustee:

Your disposable income is 320,400.52 -91,434.09 which falls to about N230k monthly. Budgeting a million is 4times your disposable income.

If i were in your shoes, so long Accomodation and feeding is to be provided by your host, i will budget between 600k to 700k.

@giselle237 said i don’t have to upload my host payslips and bank statement since my host is only providing accommodation and food ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 28, 2020
Brightingsus:

The applicant is at ease to pursue the angle they feel most comfortable with. It is not a hard and fast rule. The idea is to cover as much grounds as possible. I have attached an excerpt from Visit Guidance from gov.uk, a document ECOs use to decide visa applications. They generally liken a sponsor to one providing maintenance and accommodation and is also generally called financial support. On face value, a sponsor providing accommodation and maintenance does not need so much more as you would be staying in the sponsor's house at no additional cost to them. But then, it is what it is.

@giselle237 said i don’t need to upload my host payslips and bank statement since she/he only providing me with accommodation and food ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyatrustee(f): 9:46am On Aug 28, 2020
Roneld77:

@giselle237 said i don’t have to upload my host payslips and bank statement since my host is only providing accommodation and food ?

But he already answered you YES Sir!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Erica414: 9:47am On Aug 28, 2020
Good morning house,Please I want to start my Tier2 general Visa application and to be honest I’m quite confused on the process..Can someone please put me through on the first steps to take before applying for this type of Visa.Must I take IELTS or can I use the English Language Proficiency cert my uni gave me? How do I get COS..I really don’t want to use an agent cos most of them are scam..Please any useful information anyone has on this will be appreciated..if there’s a Whatsapp group for this type of Visa..I want to join too..I really need help on how to get started.Thank you all so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Symbae: 9:53am On Aug 28, 2020
Erica414:
Good morning house,Please I want to start my Tier2 general Visa application and to be honest I’m quite confused on the process..Can someone please put me through on the first steps to take before applying for this type of Visa.Must I take IELTS or can I use the English Language Proficiency cert my uni gave me? How do I get COS..I really don’t want to use an agent cos most of them are scam..Please any useful information anyone has on this will be appreciated..if there’s a Whatsapp group for this type of Visa..I want to join too..I really need help on how to get started.Thank you all so much

First get a job, your employer will offer you a COS. Yes you need IELTS to apply for a tier2 Visa

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Erica414: 9:55am On Aug 28, 2020
Symbae:

First get a job, your employer will offer you a COS. Yes you need IELTS to apply for a tier2 Visa
thank you so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Erica414: 10:00am On Aug 28, 2020
Symbae:

thank you for your reply,I guess I should write ielts first then look for an employer to employ me or should I get employed first before writing ielts? Please I need your reply on this..I just want to know which should come first.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Symbae: 10:10am On Aug 28, 2020
Erica414:
thank you for your reply,I guess I should write ielts first then look for an employer to employ me or should I get employed first before writing ielts? Please I need your reply on this..I just want to know which should come first.

You can get an employer then write ielts. Getting the required score for ielts shouldn't be difficult as it's a band score of 4. I stand to be corrected
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by felixfrz(m): 10:21am On Aug 28, 2020
Hello house, I am a sponsored student, what documents do I need for my tier 4 pilot visa application as regard financial documents
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Erica414: 10:29am On Aug 28, 2020
Symbae:

You can get an employer then write ielts. Getting the required score for ielts shouldn't be difficult as it's a band score of 4. I stand to be corrected
thank you so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Erica414: 10:29am On Aug 28, 2020
felixfrz:
Hello house, I am a sponsored student, what documents do I need for my tier 4 pilot visa application as regard financial documents
thank you so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dubaiprince: 11:16am On Aug 28, 2020
Erica414:

Before you apply for tier 2 visa, you need to have your COS which your employer will issue to You. You can either write IELTS or apply for evaluation with UK NARIC. For UK NARIC, you will need to upload scanned copies of your degree certificate and, transcript and a letter from your school that your degree was taught and evaluated in English.

Please you don't need agents at all. Its seamless and your employer could be of help. Your employer after giving you offer may ask for TB certificate, degree certificate, UK NARIC or IELTS and international passport. They will use all these to file for your COS and once it is ready, they will send it to you and give you go ahead to apply for visa.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Erica414: 12:04pm On Aug 28, 2020
dubaiprince:

Before you apply for tier 2 visa, you need to have your COS which your employer will issue to You. You can either write IELTS or apply for evaluation with UK NARIC. For UK NARIC, you will need to upload scanned copies of your degree certificate and, transcript and a letter from your school that your degree was taught and evaluated in English.

Please you don't need agents at all. Its seamless and your employer could be of help. Your employer after giving you offer may ask for TB certificate, degree certificate, UK NARIC or IELTS and international passport. They will use all these to file for your COS and once it is ready, they will send it to you and give you go ahead to apply for visa.
Thank you sooo much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TheExalted: 12:55pm On Aug 28, 2020
6 months visa issued in December for a visit in April expired without being used by my son. My wife 6 months will expire in October as well. Can I get submit the passports so the visa will be re-issued? How do I go about it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 1:05pm On Aug 28, 2020
Please can u help me with ur time line document u submitted when applying as a business owner thank will apprecaite
nairacountry:

If your biz is registered you've got nothing to worry about, just submit all docs and the bank statement along.

Otherwise, transfer some amount you need for the trip into your salary account as "vacation budget" or so, wait for next 6 months and apply with the salary account statement. It worked out fine for me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 1:25pm On Aug 28, 2020
Laghima:

I came across this post of yours while surfing the travel section in order to update myself on more of the nuances that immigration entails. You once gave me an unequivocal response on crushsugar's UK RN nurse thread and you seem grounded about the immigration process. Are you also trying to emigrate, are you out of the country already or you simply have an interest in this and just simply unwind during your leisure by dropping some info here?

Good evening. I hope your day is going great?

I am good brother. On the verge of emigrating but being held down within by international flight closure. grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 1:34pm On Aug 28, 2020
Erica414:
Thank you sooo much
Get an employer first before IELTS. It is easier to get the IELTS score than to get employer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 1:36pm On Aug 28, 2020
TheExalted:
6 months visa issued in December for a visit in April expired without being used by my son. My wife 6 months will expire in October as well. Can I get submit the passports so the visa will be re-issued? How do I go about it?
So far, I think reapplication is required for expired visit visas since UK has been silent on that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Rerin: 2:47pm On Aug 28, 2020
Thanks everyone for your supports here. I was issued 6months visa before corona which i never used due to flight restrictions and it seems the embassy has been quite on replacement for visit visa. Though I never visited UK but other countries. Can i reapply requesting for 2years visa though i am to submit all required documents and prove i have a property I am working on hence I can't over stay. Also I will state I want two years to avoid several application process. Any success rate? Please advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 2:55pm On Aug 28, 2020
Good Afternoon everyone. Please I have a friend who wanted to travel to the UK in April ending but had his biometrics appointment cancelled. He filled in the form that he will travel to UK on April 24 and leave UK on April 30. But when he had his biometrics appointment rescheduled he stated he will be traveling to UK on October 25 and he will come back on October 31, he had his biometrics appointment done yesterday. So he said one of the guys outside Tlscontact office told him he supposed to fill another form that he will not be granted because the date of arrival in the UK written on the form is different to the one his sister who is inviting him wrote on the invitation letter. His sister wrote in the invitation letter that he will be visiting her now on October 25 and leave UK on October 31. So I told him it's a big lie because I also had my biometrics appointment cancelled due to coronavirus outbreak and stated my new date of arrival and departure in my cover letter. I told him it's a global issue and not his fault but he still dey fear o. Please help me enlighten him so I can show him people's responses. Thank you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TheExalted: 3:59pm On Aug 28, 2020
famzynet:

So far, I think reapplication is required for expired visit visas since UK has been silent on that.

Thank you!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 28, 2020
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Erica414: 4:27pm On Aug 28, 2020
famzynet:

Get an employer first before IELTS. It is easier to get the IELTS score than to get employer.
thank you for your reply..Please I have another question and hope I’m not asking too much..I understand that all occupations that has “all jobs in this accupation code”under the Tier2 shortage Occupation list is available but what I’m still confused about is how to and where to apply for these jobs..Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by teflonsam: 4:34pm On Aug 28, 2020
I will advise you to request your Lead Applicant school to help forward the mail to home office.

kcfastshooter:

pls when you received this message what did you do, because I received the message too and contacted my lead applicant and the school gave her a letter but we don't have the home office mail nor number to send it to.
still tier 4 dependant.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 5:39pm On Aug 28, 2020
opomulero:

After picking a date, is it possible to still check for earlier dates and wont affect the date chosen?

Yes for sure. You could even get an earlier date depending on what date you currently have. You select 'Amend Appointment' option.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 5:58pm On Aug 28, 2020
Erica414:
thank you for your reply..Please I have another question and hope I’m not asking too much..I understand that all occupations that has “all jobs in this accupation code”under the Tier2 shortage Occupation list is available but what I’m still confused about is how to and where to apply for these jobs..Thank you
It depends on your occupation. There are different sites for different occupations, so I think you can directly ask about your profession and if anyone in that field has applied for a job and gotten then u can ask them for help... on where to look. You can also use google, the resources are endless.
Without job offer plus certificate of sponsorship even if your occupation is listed on the shortage list, you cant go nowhere if you want to apply for tier 2
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 6:09pm On Aug 28, 2020
graceodini:
Good Afternoon everyone. Please I have a friend who wanted to travel to the UK in April ending but had his biometrics appointment cancelled. He filled in the form that he will travel to UK on April 24 and leave UK on April 30. But when he had his biometrics appointment rescheduled he stated he will be traveling to UK on October 25 and he will come back on October 31, he had his biometrics appointment done yesterday. So he said one of the guys outside Tlscontact office told him he supposed to fill another form that he will not be granted because the date of arrival in the UK written on the form is different to the one his sister who is inviting him wrote on the invitation letter. His sister wrote in the invitation letter that he will be visiting her now on October 25 and leave UK on October 31. So I told him it's a big lie because I also had my biometrics appointment cancelled due to coronavirus outbreak and stated my new date of arrival and departure in my cover letter. I told him it's a global issue and not his fault but he still dey fear o. Please help me enlighten him so I can show him people's responses. Thank you all.

Please anybody with a response on this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Erica414: 6:31pm On Aug 28, 2020
giselle237:

It depends on your occupation. There are different sites for different occupations, so I think you can directly ask about your profession and if anyone in that field has applied for a job and gotten then u can ask them for help... on where to look. You can also use google, the resources are endless.
Without job offer plus certificate of sponsorship even if your occupation is listed on the shortage list, you cant go nowhere if you want to apply for tier 2
Thank you so much for your reply..I’m a psychologist..I studied Psychology..please anyone with useful information on where I can apply for jobs under this occupation should kindly put me through.Thank you all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Rerin: 6:38pm On Aug 28, 2020
Can anybody please respond to this request
Can I apply for two years after unused 6months visa due to pandemic

[quote ote author=Rerin post=93319156]Thanks everyone for your supports here. I was issued 6months visa before corona which i never used due to flight restrictions and it seems the embassy has been quite on replacement for visit visa. Though I never visited UK but other countries. Can i reapply requesting for 2years visa though i am to submit all required documents and prove i have a property I am working on hence I can't over stay. Also I will state I want two years to avoid several application process. Any success rate? Please advice. [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pheemeehan: 7:59pm On Aug 28, 2020
GeeCee01:
I will advise those who submitted their application prior to lockdown to visit tls contact. A close relative submitted passport in March and was expecting the pick up mail. After many days of no information, out of frustration, we visited tls yesterday (Tuesday) only to discover that the passport is ready for pick-up.

Prior to this, we had sent many mails even using the paid mail service last week and they told us to wait for 15 working days that our complaint was being escalated.

Ameey, lightest, moskito96
This may be relevant.

Please for a clearer understanding can you state the stage your relative application was before you visited TLS. I mean was application with DMC or with VAC that prompted you to there. With your advice, I was at the centre today though I got there late and couldn't achieve anything. I look forward receiving a positive response. Many thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kwell(m): 8:00pm On Aug 28, 2020
onmyteflon:
Pls house kindly put me thru. My 6 months visa expired on May 16. Can I apply for visa vignette or I need to apply fresh for a new visa. God bless thanks

What type of visa please if I may ask?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by twojul: 8:28pm On Aug 28, 2020
Roneld77:

I open Zenith bank account and apply for naira MasterCard and it cost me just 1,000 naira only...and i collected it same day after applying for the card.

Honestly, Zenith bank is an awesome bank to banks in 9ja.

That’s all @ss2020

Many thanks to u all who answered me here too

Did you use Paga to pay as an option? Also please are you applying in Lagos?

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.