Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,150 members, 7,829,110 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (304) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1451218 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 28, 2020
twojul:

Did you use Paga to pay as an option? Also please are you applying in Lagos?

No, i use MasterCard option
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ehigiamusoe19: 8:59pm On Aug 28, 2020
Please am trying to upload my documents for EEA family permit visa but I don't really know what documents to upload... Pls someone help me out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Graceee: 9:34pm On Aug 28, 2020
I plan to travel to Uk by september for visit, but I need answers to these questions.

1. For the 14 days quarantine will I have to pay for the hotel before arriving in UK or I will just fill a form and write the hotel name?

2. I only plan to stay for 5 days but if quarantine is still in place that means 14 + 5 days= 19days.

3. during the 14 days quarantine am I allowed to leave the hotel to visit places and back as well.

This whole quarantine is discouraging travels.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 9:46pm On Aug 28, 2020
PLs all i need UK Link for new Application registration .. Only seeing Cuba and Sudan on the one i have
pls kindly drop
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Terminalbond(m): 10:06pm On Aug 28, 2020
hello all Good evening, please i would need your wisdom and experience in analysing my situation and advice appropiately
i have attached my real reason for refusal which i got today, and i intend to apply again addressing it but with a different approach.
I can not provide proof on the huge deposits because its from one of my other savings account to the other (i explained this to them but apparently they wanted more)

so i have decided to not use one penny of my personal money in my new application, i have decided to use my fiance and her mom to fully sponsor my trip. (my first application i budgeted 700k for my trip coupled with 1500 pound from my sponsor plus accomation and feeding on my sponsor). i'm still going to attach the same documents i used for my last and add a few more like a recent better job offer with prospects as stronger ties to home.

I want to know if my sponsors taking the full cost of my trip would address the reasons for the refusal and how soon can i apply

Thank you all

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 10:12pm On Aug 28, 2020
is this the correct link
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/
pufframmy:
PLs all i need UK Link for new Application registration .. Only seeing Cuba and Sudan on the one i have
pls kindly drop
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:49pm On Aug 28, 2020
Terminalbond:
hello all Good evening, please i would need your wisdom and experience in analysing my situation and advice appropiately
i have attached my real reason for refusal which i got today, and i intend to apply again addressing it but with a different approach.
I can not provide proof on the huge deposits because its from one of my other savings account to the other (i explained this to them but apparently they wanted more)so i have decided to not use one penny of my personal money in my new application, i have decided to use my fiance and her mom to fully sponsor my trip. (my first application i budgeted 700k for my trip coupled with 1500 pound from my sponsor plus accomation and feeding on my sponsor). i'm still going to attach the same documents i used for my last and add a few more like a recent better job offer with prospects as stronger ties to home. I want to know if my sponsors taking the full cost of my trip would address the reasons for the refusal and how soon can i apply

Thank you all

God. The people are not foolish nau...
your salary is 50k lasan. Asin 90 something pounds Sir.
Your budget for trip is 700k. Plus extra 1500 pounds from your sponsor. You are an adult.
Then you have huge deposits you say are from you to you... asin you transferred from one account to another yet you can not prove the source.
Then you plan on visiting your pregnant partner. You are a potential overstayer. Oga you will see baby and not come back as per family man.
Next you want to reapply and give them new employment letter, that you have gotten a better job within how many days of application?
As how
Then u also want to reapply and this time to be fully sponsored by your partner and her mom after a refusal that has explicitly explained whre you got it all wrong.

Please this story of your reapplying tells me you clearly can’t see that your circumstances are not favourable to be issued a visa. Good luck

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 10:57pm On Aug 28, 2020
Terminalbond:
I can not provide proof on the huge deposits because its from one of my other savings account to the other (i explained this to them but apparently they wanted more)

so i have decided to not use one penny of my personal money in my new application, i have decided to use my fiance and her mom to fully sponsor my trip. (my first application i budgeted 700k for my trip coupled with 1500 pound from my sponsor plus accomation and feeding on my sponsor). i'm still going to attach the same documents i used for my last and add a few more like a recent better job offer with prospects as stronger ties to home.

I want to know if my sponsors taking the full cost of my trip would address the reasons for the refusal and how soon can i apply

Thank you all

Please when did you applied and had your biometrics?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 11:07pm On Aug 28, 2020
graceodini:
Good Afternoon everyone. Please I have a friend who wanted to travel to the UK in April ending but had his biometrics appointment cancelled. He filled in the form that he will travel to UK on April 24 and leave UK on April 30. But when he had his biometrics appointment rescheduled he stated he will be traveling to UK on October 25 and he will come back on October 31, he had his biometrics appointment done yesterday. So he said one of the guys outside Tlscontact office told him he supposed to fill another form that he will not be granted because the date of arrival in the UK written on the form is different to the one his sister who is inviting him wrote on the invitation letter. His sister wrote in the invitation letter that he will be visiting her now on October 25 and leave UK on October 31. So I told him it's a big lie because I also had my biometrics appointment cancelled due to coronavirus outbreak and stated my new date of arrival and departure in my cover letter. I told him it's a global issue and not his fault but he still dey fear o. Please help me enlighten him so I can show him people's responses. Thank you all.

@giselle please can you help us throw more light on this. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 28, 2020
giselle237:

You can add the print out of your conversations.
Then only her according to the IV is providing medical insurance, accommodation, feeding and travel expenses in the UK and you guys feel the ECO wont want to see her account balance?
Bros please tell her to go to the library and edit that invitation letter to accommodation and feeding as she is not financially buoyant showing account balance of 500 pounds.
Pls use your tongue to count your teeth, you know say you never meet this person before offline, already that one na minus so pls reduce the minus scale for this application.

@giselle remember her bank statement is not longer 500 pounds...but 1,500 GBP now and u said i shouldn’t submit her payslips and bank statement since she’s only providing me with accommodation and food ?

I need you to clear me as am about to upload my paperwork’s and my guts is feeling maybe i should submit her payslips and bank statement just clear @gisdelle
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:11pm On Aug 28, 2020
graceodini:

@giselle please can you help us throw more light on this. Thanks.
Sorry dear.
I don’t know what will obtain in this situation as regards covid 19 and what it affected or didn’t affect. On the bright side, you say the applicant has already done biometrics, there’s nothing more left to do than to wait for outcome.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:12pm On Aug 28, 2020
Roneld77:

@giselle remember her bank statement is not longer 500 pounds...but 1,500 GBP now and u said i shouldn’t submit her payslips and bank statement since she’s only providing me with accommodation and food ?

I need you to clear me as am about to upload my paperwork’s and my guts is feeling maybe i should submit her payslips and bank statement just clear @gisdelle
How did it jump to 1500 pls?
Since you say your gut feeling said so, pls follow it. There’s no one size fits all rule.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 11:29pm On Aug 28, 2020
giselle237:

Sorry dear.
I don’t know what will obtain in this situation as regards covid 19 and what it affected or didn’t affect. On the bright side, you say the applicant has already done biometrics, there’s nothing more left to do than to wait for outcome.

Okay. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 28, 2020
giselle237:

How did it jump to 1500 pls?
Since you say your gut feeling said so, pls follow it. There’s no one size fits all rule.

The first bank statement she gave me was printed on 29th august and it’s have a closing balance of 1,500 GBP, and the second bank statement was same date of 29th but have closing balance of 500 GBP, i guess the 2 statements will expire tomorrow hmmm.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Terminalbond(m): 11:36pm On Aug 28, 2020
giselle237:

God. The people are not foolish nau...
your salary is 50k lasan. Asin 90 something pounds Sir.
Your budget for trip is 700k. Plus extra 1500 pounds from your sponsor. You are an adult.
Then you have huge deposits you say are from you to you... asin you transferred from one account to another yet you can not prove the source.
Then you plan on visiting your pregnant partner. You are a potential overstayer. Oga you will see baby and not come back as per family man.
Next you want to reapply and give them new employment letter, that you have gotten a better job within how many days of application?
As how
Then u also want to reapply and this time to be fully sponsored by your partner and her mom after a refusal that has explicitly explained whre you got it all wrong.

Please this story of your reapplying tells me you clearly can’t see that your circumstances are not favourable to be issued a visa. Good luck
Thank you for your opinions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Terminalbond(m): 11:37pm On Aug 28, 2020
graceodini:

Please when did you applied and had your biometrics?

August 4th I had biometrics, applied in July ending can’t remember the exact date
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 4:39am On Aug 29, 2020
graceodini:
Good Afternoon everyone. Please I have a friend who wanted to travel to the UK in April ending but had his biometrics appointment cancelled. He filled in the form that he will travel to UK on April 24 and leave UK on April 30. But when he had his biometrics appointment rescheduled he stated he will be traveling to UK on October 25 and he will come back on October 31, he had his biometrics appointment done yesterday. So he said one of the guys outside Tlscontact office told him he supposed to fill another form that he will not be granted because the date of arrival in the UK written on the form is different to the one his sister who is inviting him wrote on the invitation letter. His sister wrote in the invitation letter that he will be visiting her now on October 25 and leave UK on October 31. So I told him it's a big lie because I also had my biometrics appointment cancelled due to coronavirus outbreak and stated my new date of arrival and departure in my cover letter. I told him it's a global issue and not his fault but he still dey fear o. Please help me enlighten him so I can show him people's responses. Thank you all.

Well, ordinarily statements on application form need to match statements made by applicant and/or sponsor. Mismatch is usually grounds for refusal.

However, given the global pandemic the situation with your friend may be considered peculiar. I would expect that it should suffice if statements made prior to the rescheduled Biometrics appointment clearly explained the reason for the deferment. A cause for worry should be if the reason for the visit is static such that it was only feasible in April but for visits that are flexible, his case should not be negatively impacted.

These are my opinion and not a hard and fast rule.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 4:47am On Aug 29, 2020
Rerin:
Can anybody please respond to this request
Can I apply for two years after unused 6months visa due to pandemic

You can certainly reapply but it's best to reapply for another 6 months visa. 2 years is easier when you can be trusted as a genuine visitor to the UK. That is when you have a history showing entry and exit stamps. If you have not violated immigration rules for the other countries you visited it is also a plus for you, depending on what countries though. My best advise is reapply for another 6 months.

Your reason of avoiding application process is lame, sorry. Reasons are usually why you need to visit the UK multiple times and not just to avoid multiple application process.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 4:50am On Aug 29, 2020
Graceee:
I plan to travel to Uk by september for visit, but I need answers to these questions.

1. For the 14 days quarantine will I have to pay for the hotel before arriving in UK or I will just fill a form and write the hotel name?

2. I only plan to stay for 5 days but if quarantine is still in place that means 14 + 5 days= 19days.

3. during the 14 days quarantine am I allowed to leave the hotel to visit places and back as well.

This whole quarantine is discouraging travels.

I suppose you already have your visa.

1. You should already know where you would be staying. It must not be a hotel. Where you would go straight from the airport is what you should fill. If you are staying at a hotel, you ought to have secured the accommodation. Is that not so?

2. It is always adviceable to stick within the period stated on application. 5 days stated and 14 days extension, I do not know how it would be interpreted. If the extension is not 'significantly' more than quoted, there is usually tolerance.

3. NO
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by alert20: 6:26am On Aug 29, 2020
Terminalbond:

Thank you for your opinions

hi, these Eco are well train and can tell your genuine intention merely looking at your documents..... pls work on your salary budget. 50k is fucking to low, you budgeted #700k for your trip which is how many months of your salary sir

my advice is leave the UK alone for the next 6 months (to avoid another refusal) while you run your account for another six months with a good balance... someone here got his visa with 80k monthly salary back then 2018 and another lady got her's too with 200k on her statement of account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LoyalRoyalty: 7:31am On Aug 29, 2020
Brightingsus:

You can certainly reapply but it's best to reapply for another 6 months visa. 2 years is easier when you can be trusted as a genuine visitor to the UK. That is when you have a history showing entry and exit stamps. If you have not violated immigration rules for the other countries you visited it is also a plus for you, depending on what countries though. My best advise is reapply for another 6 months.

Your reason of avoiding application process is lame, sorry. Reasons are usually why you need to visit the UK multiple times and not just to avoid multiple application process.
Anyone can actually get 2 years UK visit visa or more irrespective of whether or not the person has any prior travel history. Let's be guided please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by twojul: 7:33am On Aug 29, 2020
Roneld77:

No, i use MasterCard option

Please how much USD did you pay?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ijeshalomo(m): 8:07am On Aug 29, 2020
Can you back up your notions pls. I think you need the 6months first especially on tourist category. You can correct me on this if i am wrong

LoyalRoyalty:
Anyone can actually get 2 years UK visit visa or more irrespective of whether or not the person has any prior travel history. Let's be guided please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Erica414: 8:30am On Aug 29, 2020
OBYNOWEST12:
Someone who has CoS that will expire on 22nd of November. Is it possible/Okey to use the CoS for ur Biometric on first week of November? Will it have any effect on visa decision?
Hello,Goodmorning..can I please send you a Pm?i will like to have a chat with you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 29, 2020
twojul:

Please how much USD did you pay?

The visa fee is $129, i deposited 50K and everything gone,�
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by twojul: 8:50am On Aug 29, 2020
Roneld77:

The visa fee is $129, i deposited 50K and everything gone,�

Oh thank you. Please is it okay if I talk to you some more? Maybe off here. I’ve got a few questions if that’s alright.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LoyalRoyalty: 8:50am On Aug 29, 2020
Ijeshalomo:
Can you back up your notions pls. I think you need the 6months first especially on tourist category. You can correct me on this if i am wrong

I know people who got 5 years without travel history.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:03am On Aug 29, 2020
LoyalRoyalty:
I know people who got 5 years without travel history.
Ijeshalomo:

LoyalRoyalty:
Brightingsus:

Please let’s not go into this matter again, it has been trashed several times even in this part 4.
If anyone decides to apply for even 10 years visa on first trial without having some factors in place, then let them go ahead. Their money. Their wahala.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 9:15am On Aug 29, 2020
Brightingsus:

Well, ordinarily statements on application form need to match statements made by applicant and/or sponsor. Mismatch is usually grounds for refusal.

However, given the global pandemic the situation with your friend may be considered peculiar. I would expect that it should suffice if statements made prior to the rescheduled Biometrics appointment clearly explained the reason for the deferment. A cause for worry should be if the reason for the visit is static such that it was only feasible in April but for visits that are flexible, his case should not be negatively impacted.

These are my opinion and not a hard and fast rule.

Thank you sir. In my own case, I filled and submitted my form online on February 22 and picked March 30 for biometrics because i stated May 4 and May 14, 2020 as my arrival and departure dates respectively in my form but the biometrics appointment was cancelled due to lockdown. So I included a cover letter where I stated that I supposed to travel to the UK on May 4, 2020 and come back on May 14 during part of my 2020 annual leave but my biometrics appointment cancelled due to coronavirus outbreak. I now stated I will be traveling to UK on November 3 and come back on November 13 which is what my UK host also wrote in the invitation letter. But I have shown my friend your responses and told him what I did in my own case and he said he didn't even include any cover letter but his sister only wrote RE: APPLICATION FOR A VISIT VISA as the heading of the invitation letter so I told him to contact them via the paid service. Please do i also still need to contact them on paid service after including it in my cover letter? My annual leave is 4 weeks in a year but I usually have 2 weeks in middle of the year and and have the remaining 2 weeks during my birthday in November. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 9:18am On Aug 29, 2020
LoyalRoyalty:

I think the best thing is read comments to understand and not to reply. I said 2 years visit visa is easier with a travel history and I never said it's impossible. Please read my comments again and this time, with a bowl of popcorn.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Safiguy4u: 9:39am On Aug 29, 2020
Ijeshalomo:

You are wrong, my younger sister with new passport and no travel history was granted 5 years visit visa late last year and also another person got 2 years visa with new passport and no single travel history.

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.