Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1446221 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 1:51pm On Sep 17, 2020
iyatrustee:
Imagine biometrics done on the 7th and visa is out already. Wetin dey happen for TLS Abuja?

Calm down iyatrustee, wales1111 did not say his biometrics was on 7th september o, and if its so maybe be paid for super priority or priority.

Iyatrustee your own will come out positive too,.....calm down, calm down calm down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyatrustee(f): 1:52pm On Sep 17, 2020
opomulero:

Calm down iyatrustee, wales1111 did not say his biometrics was on 7th september o, and if its so maybe be paid for super priority or priority.

Iyatrustee your own will come out positive too,.....calm down, calm down calm down

I am calm jare egbon cheesy just that the news from Abuja VAC no dey encouraging. People from 18th August still waiting for response! angry angry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Yuzee: 1:54pm On Sep 17, 2020
Update!

Timeline;
Biometrics 26th August 2020

Passport ready for collection 15th September 2020

Dispatch mail 15th Sept 2020

Passport delivered by DHL 16th Sept 2020

Visa approved for myself, husband and daughter
(Tier 2 general)
Abuja visa center.

8 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 17, 2020
@wales1111, Yeah they do provide you accommodation in a 3 or 4Star Hotel if you do get the evisa. After you pass the through the turkish immigration with your evisa, just asked for the Turkish airline Customer Service Desk and request for accommodation from them.

Also you can get free meal at the airport before you pass through the turkish Immigration.just ask people at the airport,where you can get the turkish airline free meal ticket and someone will direct you. After they gave you the free meal ticket, just go to the POP CANTEEN(cant remember full name of Carteen) and get a meal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 2:27pm On Sep 17, 2020
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Wales1111: 2:37pm On Sep 17, 2020
opomulero:

my biometric was Sept 7. I didn't pay for any priority....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Wales1111: 2:38pm On Sep 17, 2020
Skymoore1004:
thanks this will help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 2:50pm On Sep 17, 2020
Wales1111:
anyone with an answer to my question about covid 19 test for Turkish airline cos I want to book it. it's the flight going to Birmingham
Covid test is not required but you need to confirm if the airport of arrival in Turkey will be same as the departure airport. If same,then no transit Visa but if there will be a bus that will convey you to another airport,then you need Turkish visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 3:01pm On Sep 17, 2020
PLS kindly share document submited to help others
Wales1111:
thanks to the gurus in the house. I got my visa today. pls is Turkish airline asking for covid-19 test result. or do they require transit visa.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 3:04pm On Sep 17, 2020
Wales1111:
flight booked.... let's go there....
I think you are entitled to meals. I had two meals 8hrs apart in my last long layover. The meals were free ,good , with a drink and far better than the meal given on the plane.. Just ask for your meal ticket.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 3:32pm On Sep 17, 2020
Wales1111:
my biometric was Sept 7. I didn't pay for any priority....

wao .....so fast
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 3:36pm On Sep 17, 2020
iyatrustee:

I am calm jare egbon cheesy just that the news from Abuja VAC no dey encouraging. People from 18th August still waiting for response! angry angry

just be hopeful max next week
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LoyalRoyalty: 4:00pm On Sep 17, 2020
Wales1111:
thanks to the gurus in the house. I got my visa today. pls is Turkish airline asking for covid-19 test result. or do they require transit visa.
Congrats.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 4:01pm On Sep 17, 2020
Wales1111:
the Turkish airline I just saw now... the returning ticket has almost 24 hours stopover. I hope they will provide accommodation?

You will need to arrange for accommodation yourself in case you need one. You can lay on a chair at the airport. Also there’s a Sleeping pods at Istanbul airport which you can use for sleeping purposes. The sleeping pods attract hourly charges of between €5 to €10 depending on time of the day. The charges at night is higher than that of the day.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vittor(m): 4:08pm On Sep 17, 2020
opomulero:

just be hopeful max next week
What is wrong with Ikeja TLS bikonu since 2nd of September no reply (I was asked to send in my passport after a successful administrative review) next week would make it 15 working days and I am already depressed, my God and many of my friends submitted theirs 7th Sept and have their visas already...Ikeja seems too slow the crazy thing is I can't even track the passport�

1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sdakin: 4:57pm On Sep 17, 2020
Good day house,PLS is der anyone who did biometrics on d 4th of Sept at Ikeja TLS for tourist visa n has gotten his or her passport back.thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 6:14pm On Sep 17, 2020
sdakin:
Good day house,PLS is der anyone who did biometrics on d 4th of Sept at Ikeja TLS for tourist visa n has gotten his or her passport back.thanks

I know other people still waiting, not to worry. I think the 15 working day count ends next week.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by soldierboy1001: 6:25pm On Sep 17, 2020
[quote author=iyatrustee post=94017437]

I am calm jare egbon cheesy just that the news from Abuja VAC no dey encouraging. People from 18th August still waiting for response! angry >

Did you send them a paid mail What was their response?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by UPrincess: 7:45pm On Sep 17, 2020
Good to hear from you. Wishing you all the best. Was it a visit visa or study permit?

flinton:

Done with the tlscontact appointment, we were all attended to at the same time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Youngee34: 7:48pm On Sep 17, 2020
Covid-19 test is required.
It's very important for turkish airline

Wales1111:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 7:49pm On Sep 17, 2020
Even if your destination doesn’t require it?
I have checked their website and can’t see where it says it’s mandatory for all travellers.
That Covid19 test is painful cry :'
Youngee34:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by flinton(m): 8:13pm On Sep 17, 2020
UPrincess:
Good to hear from you. Wishing you all the best. Was it a visit visa or study permit?
Tier 2

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ukay2: 9:51pm On Sep 17, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Even if your destination doesn’t require it?
I have checked their website and can’t see where it says it’s mandatory for all travellers.
That Covid19 test is painful cry :'

I was told 3days ago by Turkish Airlines customer service that Covid 19 test is not required for Nigeria to UK passengers....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 10:01pm On Sep 17, 2020
I don’t even know which one to believe again.
Some are saying it’s mandatory for ALL travellers & it’s the first thing they ask for. Others are saying it’s not mandatory. Let me not come and book Turkish & bear another story oh cry. Better to add that 42k COVID-19 test fee and book BA grin
ukay2:

I was told 3days ago by Turkish Airlines customer service that Covid 19 test is not required for Nigeria to UK passengers....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TimelessOrnamen: 11:37pm On Sep 17, 2020
Congrats Yuzee!

Please can you assist with sample of cover letter you used, i will really appreciate this.

Email- timelessornamentss@gmail.com

Yuzee:
Update!

Timeline;
Biometrics 26th August 2020

Passport ready for collection 15th September 2020

Dispatch mail 15th Sept 2020

Passport delivered by DHL 16th Sept 2020

Visa approved for myself, husband and daughter
(Tier 2 general)
Abuja visa center.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 11:57pm On Sep 17, 2020
Youngee34:

Can you please inform us of your source? Did you recently travel with Turkish airline? Why have some people travelled recently without covid 19 test being demanded by Turkish Airline?
Are you confusing the covid test with UK locator form? I noticed someone was recently making that mistake.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 11:58pm On Sep 17, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Some are saying it’s mandatory for ALL travellers & it’s the first thing they ask for. Others are saying it’s not mandatory. Let me not come and book Turkish & bear another story oh cry. Better to add that 42k COVID-19 test fee and book BA grin

I don't think British airways demands covid test.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by prommy(f): 2:59am On Sep 18, 2020
What does one done when UK visa is denied without option for appeal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 5:08am On Sep 18, 2020
Skymoore1004:

famzynet:

I don't think British airways demands covid test.

Certainly BA does not require a Covid test from Nig to UK. I think what Skymoore meant was to save the 42k from Covid testing and add it to boost your flight fare in order to afford a BA ticket.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.