Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,224 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1443940 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 3:34am On Sep 20, 2020
Steelbangz:
Good day house,
When I picked up my Visa, a letter was alongside it and it stated in the letter that I should pick up my BRP within 10 days of arriving the UK.
But the rules says to isolate for 14 days after arrival. So can my dad pick up the BRP on my behalf?

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/collect#:~:text=You%20can%20nominate%20someone%20else,an%20EU%20national%20identity%20card
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Rheminix(m): 4:56am On Sep 20, 2020
Brightingsus:
There are rumours the UK might go into a 2 week lockdown soon giving the increasing no. of cases. At the moment, the rule of 6 prevents more than 6 people from gathering. There are some local lockdowns or curfews like in some parts of West Midlands.
will it stop travellers from coming ni?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 5:41am On Sep 20, 2020
congratulations
kindly share document submitted to help others
Pompoms:
Biometrics : March 16th

Pick up mail: September 9th

This thread was really helpful. A silent reader but I was always munching and noting useful info. Thanks to everyone for sharing. God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 6:26am On Sep 20, 2020
Rheminix:
will it stop travellers from coming ni?

Only a national lockdown would, which is only a last resort. Now, other less severe measures are being trialled. Travellers are still coming in and going out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 11:37am On Sep 20, 2020
Hello all. I have someone due to travel from Lagos to London soon and info reaching us says you must have Covid-19 negative test cert even before going through the entrance gate at the MMA Lagos. Is this true? Who has travelled recently? I am aware this is airline specific, but are you asked for it at the gate?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 20, 2020
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 5:40pm On Sep 20, 2020
Brightingsus:
Hello all. I have someone due to travel from Lagos to London soon and info reaching us says you must have Covid-19 negative test cert even before going through the entrance gate at the MMA Lagos. Is this true? Who has travelled recently? I am aware this is airline specific, but are you asked for it at the gate?
not true

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by barskaya: 5:49pm On Sep 20, 2020
VictorFX93:
I got my refusal letter today because I submitted my admission letter with the evidences, Russia gives 3months visa from Nigeria which is then renewed in Russia and it was renewed but I didn’t point it out in my letter, I am about to try again but with my renewal letter, a copy of my renewed visa and a letter explaining how it’s done. I still have till October 10 and another priority should be out before then. My gurus in the house, what do you think??

you can apply again in Nigeria and show proof that you are bonafide student in Russia on a degree or master program not just language course ...the letter issued by your school (справка) should have contain this details of your program and prospect year of completion ...i have a brother that study in Russia and apply for ukvisa in Russia but was refuse and got same visa when he visited Nigeria last year....with parent as sponsor and letter from school showing is year of completion..Many beautiful girls in Russia but the weather is extreme cold in winter=)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TimelessOrnamen: 7:50pm On Sep 20, 2020
Hello House,

Please for child tourist visa, will i have to fill the same application form (i.e. going through same process as mine) or there is an application form specifically for children?

I will appreciate your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyatrustee(f): 9:01pm On Sep 20, 2020
TimelessOrnamen:
Hello House,

Please for child tourist visa, will i have to fill the same application form (i.e. going through same process as mine) or there is an application form specifically for children?

I will appreciate your response.

Same process. There are slight differences in their own form though. Questions like which adult should be included in their visa, relationship of the person filling the form etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mimilyrics: 10:39pm On Sep 20, 2020
Incorrect. A friend just arrived the UK yesterday and not having a Covid-19 test result wasn't an issue.
Brightingsus:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Rerin: 10:50pm On Sep 20, 2020
An investment was terminated recently for a project which there are receipts to show for. Despite the huge withdrawals, the bal will still suffice for application. Will it be an issue by them querying why spending more than what is expected in a month? Will they query the bulk amount dropped in d acc despite explaining in cover letter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sholex020: 10:56pm On Sep 20, 2020
I want to travel to the UK for vacation for 14days in December... it this the right time to go for tourist and will I add additional 14days in my application due to the 14days self isolation...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 11:14pm On Sep 20, 2020
mimilyrics:
Incorrect. A friend just arrived the UK yesterday and not having a Covid-19 test result wasn't an issue.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ehigiamusoe19: 11:20pm On Sep 20, 2020
Hello house please I got a refusal mail since September 14th and am yet to get my passport back because I paid for courier... Please how long does it takes to get back ones passport after refusal
Brightingsus:

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ehigiamusoe19: 11:21pm On Sep 20, 2020
[quote author=sholex020 post=94142036][/quote]Hello house please I got a refusal mail since September 14th and am yet to get my passport back because I paid for courier... Please how long does it takes to get back ones passport after refusal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 1:27am On Sep 21, 2020
Yes this is correct and you're required to fill in your details and itinerary prior to arriving MMIA either for departure out of the country or arrival using the URLs below:-

Details: https://nitp.ncdc.gov.ng/splash-screen
Payment Code: https://saferports.com/my-traveller-record/

What happens at your destination country is solely the business of that country. This means that though UK may not require a negative certificate on arrival, Nigeria requires that you are negative before departing the country and also on arrival from outside the country. I hope this helps.

Brightingsus:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by UhnNah: 4:32am On Sep 21, 2020
bigtt76:
Yes this is correct and you're required to fill in your details and itinerary prior to arriving MMIA either for departure out of the country or arrival using the URLs below:-

What happens at your destination country is solely the business of that country. This means that though UK may not require a negative certificate on arrival, Nigeria requires that you are negative before departing the country and also on arrival from outside the country. I hope this helps.

Don’t mislead people with false information! A negative result is only needed in Nigeria when you’re arriving in the country!

For departing from Nigeria,you do not need a negative result unless your airline or destination country requires it! Scroll back to few pages,people have flown from lagos to uk without a test result!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 6:19am On Sep 21, 2020
bigtt76:

Thanks for your feedback.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 6:21am On Sep 21, 2020
bigtt76:

Thanks for your feedback. I think those links are mainly for returnees or passengers whose flights or destinations countries require them. I wanted to know people's experiences at MMIA.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 6:23am On Sep 21, 2020
UhnNah:

Don’t mislead people with false information! A negative result is only needed in Nigeria when you’re arriving in the country!

For departing from Nigeria,you do not need a negative result unless your airline or destination country requires it! Scroll back to few pages,people have flown from lagos to uk without a test result!

Thanks for your feedback. I wanted to see if there are people who might have faced issues or bullying.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ehigiamusoe19: 7:26am On Sep 21, 2020
Please House am I to attach my refusal letter when re-applying ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sermming: 7:59am On Sep 21, 2020
You dont need to..They already have it on their system..Come 5yrs after it will still be on their system.
Ehigiamusoe19:
Please House am I to attach my refusal letter when re-applying ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 8:04am On Sep 21, 2020
Brightingsus:

Thanks for your feedback. I wanted to see if there are people who might have faced issues or bullying.

I think we can get more gist from student thread. You know alot of them travel lately.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Phatkings: 10:04am On Sep 21, 2020
Good morning people I am new here
How would u go about getting a UK tourist/visit visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 10:19am On Sep 21, 2020
No its for all intending travelers through MMIA. Just so you avoid any disappointment shaaa undecided

Brightingsus:

Thanks for your feedback. I think those links are mainly for returnees or passengers whose flights or destinations countries require them. I wanted to know people's experiences at MMIA.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 10:36am On Sep 21, 2020
I'm not misleading anyone ....I only posted here what is on NCDC website. If people are arriving UK without a negative test results, that is because the UK is not requesting it.

Besides, I'm NOT forcing anyone who read my post to go do a test, the judgement of whether they need to do the test or not lies with them and their airline(s). Have a good day.

UhnNah:

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.