Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1447426 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by twojul: 11:08am On Oct 21, 2020
I did my biometrics on the 8th and haven’t gotten my passport back. Does this mean they won’t dispatch any passports? That’s is if this curfew gets lifted
Nchabuomo:
TLS closes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jiday4(m): 11:14am On Oct 21, 2020
Breaking: UK High Commission shuts down Visa centers in Nigeria over #ENDSARS Protests https:///yIQSobggvO #vanguardnews
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyatrustee(f): 11:36am On Oct 21, 2020
UhnNah:

It breaks my heart when you guys make excuses for the ECO’s and makes it seems like all faults should be from applicants! Not always true!

From what was written in that refusal letter above,statement was printed Sep 14th,he wasn’t able to upload due to payment issue until 22nd Sep!

From what was written,Eco complained about statement not being recent,from your personal experience of uploading a statement on 6th Oct and you printed this uploaded statement on 24 Sep,Has this applicant done anything wrong?

Sorry if my response came off as supporting the ECO, clearly i wasn't. I gave my opinion based on the popular belief that a bank statement is valid for 30days from the day of printing.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by UhnNah: 12:49pm On Oct 21, 2020
[quote author=alert20 post=95162793][/quote]

Good day,Yes you can,If you have a reason for submitting such! But usually 3 months or 6 months is advisable!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 12:58pm On Oct 21, 2020
twojul:
I did my biometrics on the 8th and haven’t gotten my passport back. Does this mean they won’t dispatch any passports? That’s is if this curfew gets lifted

The announcement said it will be closed for the rest of the week at least.

I don't know what it means for passport collection

See link: https://pos.tlscontact.com/abv_en/#covid-19
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by alert20: 3:19pm On Oct 21, 2020
UhnNah:

Good day,Yes you can,If you have a reason for submitting such! But usually 3 months or 6 months is advisable!

Ok thanks bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Godsblessings: 6:24pm On Oct 21, 2020
giselle237:

How will u submit documents after biometrics? It is not possible for u to upload after biometrics.

So pls calm down so we can get the information right bcus it seems they complained of a ‘not-current’ bank statement.

Biometrics is the day you went to the TLS office to capture ur picture and fingerprint. When was this?

And which date did u print out your bank statement that u used for the application? The ECO says ur bank statemnt is 14th September , 2020.

Is this also correct?
I upload the docs and statement of account thru edossier on 21st of sept(due to inability to pay the visa fee on-time cos of CBN rule of $100 per day until I was able to use paga, printed the account on 14th September, went for biometrics on 7th October, received the refusal yesterday. Pls did I do wrong and how can I send administrative review??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Godsblessings: 6:55pm On Oct 21, 2020
iyatrustee:

Nothing in the refusal note talked about the period between when he printed and when he uploaded the statement. To butress this, my statement was printed september 24th, i used to apply for my daughter on the 29th and my sons on the 6th of October. All 3visa's are out.

We shld ask the OP if he has money logdement in the account. Me thinks it was typographical errors and some words/sentences are missing.
I did not have any money lodgement, it's basically salary account, only withdrawal of monthly expenses, no other money came to the account except the salary
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 6:59pm On Oct 21, 2020
Nchabuomo:

The announcement said it will be closed for the rest of the week at least.

I don't know what it means for passport collection

See link: https://pos.tlscontact.com/abv_en/#covid-19

meaning no activities, everything is paused....who will give you or the courier the passport...nobody will be there
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:37pm On Oct 21, 2020
Godsblessings:
I upload the docs and statement of account thru edossier on 21st of sept(due to inability to pay the visa fee on-time cos of CBN rule of $100 per day until I was able to use paga, printed the account on 14th September, went for biometrics on 7th October, received the refusal yesterday. Pls did I do wrong and how can I send administrative review??
U can write a selling email stating your correct information and then go on to tender your point of view and seek reconsideration. U can send to the below emails.
complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk
publicenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

Good luck

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Godsblessings: 7:52pm On Oct 21, 2020
giselle237:

U can write a selling email stating your correct information and then go on to tender your point of view and seek reconsideration. U can send to the below emails.

Good luck
Thanks, God bless you, will do exactly that asap
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by flinton(m): 7:58pm On Oct 21, 2020
The next challenge is how to leave Nigeria, for sure all flights will be cancelled!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Safiguy4u: 1:09am On Oct 22, 2020
Godsblessings:
Thanks, God bless you, will do exactly that asap
In addition, use this link below
https://www.ukvi-complaints.homeoffice.gov.uk/reason
U have to prove to them that d ECO was wrong in his decision to deny ur application.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by geli12: 8:42am On Oct 22, 2020
Good morning everyone
Pls is it possible to travel to UK one week before the validity of my visa? What can I do to travel earlier.
My daughter's visa is valid from 11th of Nov, mine is valid from September, she's the reason I have not travelled yet. Pls help
Thank u.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyatrustee(f): 9:25am On Oct 22, 2020
geli12:
Good morning everyone
Pls is it possible to travel to UK one week before the validity of my visa? What can I do to travel earlier.
My daughter's visa is valid from 11th of Nov, mine is valid from September, she's the reason I have not travelled yet. Pls help
Thank u.

I am interested in this also as i am in the same situation. My guess is that since the kid's visa is dependent on mine which has validity already, there shouldn't be much problem. Probably at the discretion of Officers at POE
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by flinton(m): 9:37am On Oct 22, 2020
iyatrustee:

I am interested in this also as i am in the same situation. My guess is that since the kid's visa is dependent on mine which has validity already, there shouldn't be much problem. Probably at the discretion of Officers at POE
geli12:
Good morning everyone
Thank u.
It defeats the essence of the validity period if we can leave before the validity period
My main concern is that this crisis should not linger and I think that should be our prayers not just for safe travelling but also for sake of ones we will leave behind

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jesufifunmi: 1:14pm On Oct 22, 2020
Has anyone tried sending their bank statement to the embassy directly through their bank? I use GTBank and I usually see this option on my internet banking dashboard. Do you think I should use it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 2:53pm On Oct 22, 2020
Why won't you do hardcopy?
jesufifunmi:
Has anyone tried sending their bank statement to the embassy directly through their bank? I use GTBank and I usually see this option on my internet banking dashboard. Do you think I should use it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jesufifunmi: 3:31pm On Oct 22, 2020
ozymes:
Why won't you do hardcopy?
They are alot pages about (200 pages) for each account. It will take forever to scan sad
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyatrustee(f): 4:34pm On Oct 22, 2020
jesufifunmi:
They are alot pages about (200 pages) for each account. It will take forever to scan sad

I will opt for assisted service if I were you, let them do the work!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 5:20pm On Oct 22, 2020
jesufifunmi:

Let the bank send you your Statement via email.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 8:45pm On Oct 22, 2020
jesufifunmi:

I won't do that because I don't think is appropriate.
Anyway my situation is different because my bank statement is always like 2 to 3 pages
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Wales1111: 8:54pm On Oct 22, 2020
My bank, access bank sent my bank statement to UK embassy straight and they only gave me a confirmation code receipt which is just a page
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyberknight: 1:05am On Oct 23, 2020
jesufifunmi:

If its GTB you're using, you can download a soft copy of the statement from your internet banking which comes pre-stamped and signed and is accepted by the UK High Commission, so you just upload it om the TLS document upload page and that saves you the stress of scanning a hard copy.

If you go to the bank to print a statement that's the same thing they will issue to you, the pre-stamped and signed copy that you can get from your internet banking; GTB doesn't stamp and sign each page manually anymore.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Godsblessings: 2:41am On Oct 23, 2020
UhnNah:

True! Maybe a typo from him!

@godsblessings,If your statement printing date is Sep 14,statement uploading date is 22nd Sep and the above note is your refusal note! Then search google for their emails and phone numbers and explain yourself to them!

If it’s not,pls give more full details so the good folks on here can advice properly!
exactly sir. I have sent reconsideration letter to complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk , the other mail publicenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk is not going, think the address is wrong . Pls which other step should I take now? Thanks for your valuable response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Godsblessings: 2:43am On Oct 23, 2020
Safiguy4u:

In addition, use this link below
https://www.ukvi-complaints.homeoffice.gov.uk/reason
U have to prove to them that d ECO was wrong in his decision to deny ur application.
thanks for your concern, but I didn't see any where to drop message there. Though have sent reconsideration letter to complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk , the other mail publicenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk is not going, think the address is wrong . Pls which other step should I take now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Godsblessings: 2:47am On Oct 23, 2020
giselle237:

Good luck
have sent reconsideration letter to complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk , the other mail publicenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk is not going, think the address is wrong . Pls which other step should I take now. Thanks for your concern, really appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.