Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,710 members, 7,809,694 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (362) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1439066 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by akayd: 11:22pm On Oct 25, 2020
Thank you. I thought as much tho. My investment is actually a Fixed deposit. SO what I did In the image I attached is to calculate my net salary for a year and add the total accrued interest on the Fixed deposit as the total amount of money I made in a year.
Nchabuomo:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 4:16am On Oct 26, 2020
akayd:
Thank you. I thought as much tho. My investment is actually a Fixed deposit. SO what I did In the image I attached is to calculate my net salary for a year and add the total accrued interest on the Fixed deposit as the total amount of money I made in a year.

Great. That makes sense.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 6:58am On Oct 26, 2020
akayd:

You only need to write the total amount you get in a year from your investment. I believe you already written how much you get paid monthly before this yearly income section. So you only need to write the total amount you are making yearly from the investment apart from your salary.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 7:59am On Oct 26, 2020
akayd:
Dear All, please I need help regarding my application. I am a bit confused under the Income and expenditure section, what do they mean by the Total amount of money that you get in a year? Is it just the income I make from the investment yearly or do I need to add the total amount of my salary for the year?

Please find the attached for your perusal.

It means the total of all your incomes from all sources of your employment, investment or self employed. E.g in your work place you are paid a gross of 100k and after deduction of tax your net pay is 95k, you now calculate all the amount of net pay multiply by 12. I.e 95,000×12= #1. 1M. That is what you earn in year in your permanent job. You don't add deduction of tax or pension. Just the amount you earn as net pay.

for investment what ever profit you made in your investment for 12months add it to the total in your yearly permanet earning. If you make 2k profit every month in your investment then multiply by 12 and add to your permanent yearly earnings.

But I will advice you to further explain in your cover letter. E.g I earn 1M yearly in my permanent job while my investment I earn 2k profit from the investment. So I earn total of **** in all my sources of income under the section of income & expenditure. Attached proof of profit u made in your investment yearly.

Furthermore if the investment is not up to 12 months , may be just 3months i will advise you only use your permanent job yearly earnings under the expenditure section. You only need to explain to eco that you have an investment and attached proof. If the investment is just fixed just tell your bank to write letter as proof.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by akayd: 9:06am On Oct 26, 2020
Thank you all for your response.
The investment is in its 10th month now and It was fixed for 365days.
Monmarri:

It means the total of all your incomes from all sources of your employment, investment or self employed. E.g in your work place you are paid a gross of 100k and after deduction of tax your net pay is 95k, you now calculate all the amount of net pay multiply by 12. I.e 95,000×12= #1. 1M. That is what you earn in year in your permanent job. You don't add deduction of tax or pension. Just the amount you earn as net pay.

for investment what ever profit you made in your investment for 12months add it to the total in your yearly permanet earning. If you make 2k profit every month in your investment then multiply by 12 and add to your permanent yearly earnings.

But I will advice you to further explain in your cover letter. E.g I earn 1M yearly in my permanent job while my investment I earn 2k profit from the investment. So I earn total of **** in all my sources of income under the section of income & expenditure. Attached proof of profit u made in your investment yearly.

Furthermore if the investment is not up to 12 months , may be just 3months i will advise you only use your permanent job yearly earnings under the expenditure section. You only need to explain to eco that you have an investment and attached proof. If the investment is just fixed just tell your bank to write letter as proof.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gatess: 11:21am On Oct 26, 2020
luvlycutebay:
Good day everyone...got my passport back from tls today and my Visa was granted after the first one expired due to the pandemic.

Visa type- visiting visa
Biometrics- 25th of September, 2020.
Collection date- 12th October 2020

Everyone awaiting this kind of goodnews shall receive it soonest.
(AMEN)

Amen

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 11:25am On Oct 26, 2020
akayd:
Thank you all for your response.
The investment is in its 10th month now and It was fixed for 365days.

Just tell the bank to write and address to UK embassy that you have fixed investment. Attached the letter as your supporting document
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TemmyDavies(m): 4:37pm On Oct 26, 2020
Hello guys, how much funds am I required to show at the embassy if I am applying for UK 6 months visiting -and 1yr visiting visa respectively?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by twojul: 4:52pm On Oct 26, 2020
Did you get an email saying you got the visa?
luvlycutebay:
Good day everyone...got my passport back from tls today and my Visa was granted after the first one expired due to the pandemic.

Visa type- visiting visa
Biometrics- 25th of September, 2020.
Collection date- 12th October 2020

Everyone awaiting this kind of goodnews shall receive it soonest.
(AMEN)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by luvlycutebay(f): 8:15pm On Oct 26, 2020
twojul:
Did you get an email saying you got the visa?

Yes

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 9:35pm On Oct 26, 2020

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vicas2000: 11:08pm On Oct 26, 2020
Olaleyetobz:

So sorry.. I had many family issues to sort out.. I’ve just decided to submit my application.. I started a job at an event and fashion house in July and I get over 280000 as monthly salary, no side hustle except for rent payments made to my account by my dad’s tenants..
I’m trying to put in an application for November to visit my fiancé who is a citizen of Uk and has all the required documents..All expenses would be handled by him... I’m a bit nervous and I need help on other things to put in check before applying ..

I understand your concern. Here's what I advise:

1. Wait six month before applying for this visa. How will you travel to the UK, when you just got a job?

2. You need to prove that you can sustain yourself financially (outside of your fiance's funding) and that you will return to Nigeria after your trip.

3. Even though expenses will be handled by him, you still need to show your own financial capability too.

Others on the forum will share some more advice on this.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by twojul: 3:32am On Oct 27, 2020
Sorry for the many questions. But when did you receive the email saying your application was successful? Like how many days after biometrics
luvlycutebay:

Yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by twojul: 4:18am On Oct 27, 2020
Guys today will make it the 13th working day since my biometrics at Ikeja. I haven’t received any emails and when I check “track you application” it’s still at “received by DMC”. My proposed trip is in a months time. And I’ll be travelling back to school from the UK so I can’t afford for my passport to be trapped indefinitely. Should I be worried or just relax?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by EgunMogaji2: 4:52am On Oct 27, 2020
FYsol:
@Justwise is right. I applied to visit the U.S for just 2 weeks, I got the visa and spent 1month even though my passport was stamped for 6months at POE. When my visa expired, my renewal was refused and the VO said I requested to spend just 2 weeks but spent a month.

As far as I understand it, the contract between you and the Officer at POE is supreme and you didn’t violate it. Perhaps there as a conflict between what you told the Officer at POE and the Visa Officer at your new interview. They record everything.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 6:32am On Oct 27, 2020
Yours is better, I did my biometric since on the 29th of Sept. and till now no response. Have sent a mail and I was told my "application is been reviewed and currently awaiting a decision ".

Guys please advice me on what else I can do. Is this a good sign and what could be the cause of the delay ?

twojul:
Guys today will make it the 13th working day since my biometrics at Ikeja. I haven’t received any emails and when I check “track you application” it’s still at “received by DMC”. My proposed trip is in a months time. And I’ll be travelling back to school from the UK so I can’t afford for my passport to be trapped indefinitely. Should I be worried or just relax?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by twojul: 6:36am On Oct 27, 2020
Please where did you do your biometrics and what’s the email address you sent the email to? Let me start preparing my draft
Sanmigbola:
Yours is better, I did my biometric since on the 29th of Sept. and till now no response. Have sent a mail and I was told my "application is been reviewed and currently awaiting a decision ".

Guys please advice me on what else I can do. Is this a good sign and what could be the cause of the delay ?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 6:42am On Oct 27, 2020
twojul:
Please where did you do your biometrics and what’s the email address you sent the email to? Let me start preparing my draft

Ikeja

Here is the link to the email:

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/international/payment/language/English
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by twojul: 6:45am On Oct 27, 2020
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyatrustee(f): 7:00am On Oct 27, 2020
twojul:

Standard visa processing takes 15days. Relax bro! Your tracking can change from "Received at DMC to passport received at VAC within 10mins.

However if by end of this week you do not hear from them, i will advice you contact them.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 7:10am On Oct 27, 2020
iyatrustee:

Standard visa processing takes 15days. Relax bro! Your tracking can change from "Received at DMC to passport received at VAC within 10mins.

However if by end of this week you do not hear from them, i will advice you contact them.

What about my own case that is above 15 working days. Since 29th Sept.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyatrustee(f): 7:19am On Oct 27, 2020
Sanmigbola:

What about my own case that is above 15 working days. Since 29th Sept.

Sorry about yours. My daughter had her biometrics same day and picked up last Monday. Since you have written them, let's hope they escalate like they promised.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 7:25am On Oct 27, 2020
Do you mean yesterday and when did you get the pick up mail ?

iyatrustee:

Sorry about your's. My daughter had her biometrics same day and picked up last Monday. Since you have written them, let's hope they escalate like they promised.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyatrustee(f): 7:34am On Oct 27, 2020
Sanmigbola:
Do you mean yesterday and when did you get the pick up mail ?

No.Passport was picked on Monday 19th Oct which was the 15th day from her biometrics. Pick up mail came in on Friday 16th.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by twojul: 8:22am On Oct 27, 2020
Did you use your Nigerian card to pay for the email cost?
Sanmigbola:

Ikeja

Here is the link to the email:

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/international/payment/language/English
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 8:32am On Oct 27, 2020
Yes.

twojul:
Did you use your Nigerian card to pay for the email cost?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by luvlycutebay(f): 8:58am On Oct 27, 2020
twojul:
Sorry for the many questions. But when did you receive the email saying your application was successful? Like how many days after biometrics

I received pickup email 15 days after my biometrics
My passport was delivered to me 18days after my biometrics
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TheExalted: 9:18am On Oct 27, 2020
twojul:

Relax, delayed passport is a sign of good news if you have not received refusal email.

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.