Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,771 members, 7,831,478 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1452580 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by alert20: 3:54pm On Nov 04, 2020
twojul:
Hey people. Thanks to everyone who gave advice before I applied and encouraged me when I was freaking out lol. My passport just arrived today with 5 years visitors visa.

Duration and of planned visit — 1 month (I explained that 2 weeks was for quarantine)
Biometrics date — 8th October, Ikeja.
TLS email that my passport has been picked up by DHL — 2nd November.
Passport delivered to my house — 4th November

Documents I used:
Letter of admission.

Letter from my university confirming I’m still a student (I took some time off so I’ve spent longer than the years stated in my admission letter).

School ID.

Copy of my student visa expiring summer 2021 although there’s also a stamp in my passport to prove this.

Invitation letter from my friend who is a UK citizen stating where they work.

My friend’s passport data page.

First degree certificate to prove we became friends when we attended the same university.

I am staying with my friend for this trip so no hotel reservation.

6 month statement — 2.6M (My monthly upkeep money from my father accumulated cos I was in Nigeria for the lockdown and wasn’t paying bills at school. I explained this in my cover letter and the statement transactions show my dad’s name as the depositor each month and reason for deposit).

Birth certificate — I guess to prove it’s my dad who sends me monthly upkeep money.

Itinerary.

Congratulations,

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 4:23pm On Nov 04, 2020
Chijiuba:
Good day everyone, in applying to visit my dad I put 10 days holiday, Please do I need to change this to 24 days (and explain in my cover letter) to accommodate the 2 weeks Isolation or do I leave it as it is. Please your take is needed.
No, you do not need to include the 14 days isolation period in your application. The 10 days you have stated is just fine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gatess: 5:10pm On Nov 04, 2020
pheemeehan:
Follow up information about my wife application, she was at TLS Ikeja to collect her passport, Visa granted with validity till June 2021.

Woow.... Big congratulations to her... Wishing everyone here same testimony in no distant time IJN... Amen

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sego12345: 5:47pm On Nov 04, 2020
twojul:
Hey people. Thanks to everyone who gave advice before I applied and encouraged me when I was freaking out lol. My passport just arrived today with 5 years visitors visa.

Duration and of planned visit — 1 month (I explained that 2 weeks was for quarantine)

Documents I used:
Letter of admission.

Letter from my university confirming I’m still a student (I took some time off so I’ve spent longer than the years stated in my admission letter).

School ID.

Copy of my student visa expiring summer 2021 although there’s also a stamp in my passport to prove this.

First degree certificate to prove we became friends when we attended the same university.

6 month statement — 2.6M (My monthly upkeep money from my father accumulated cos I was in Nigeria for the lockdown and wasn’t paying bills at school. I explained this in my cover letter and the statement transactions show my dad’s name as the depositor each month and reason for deposit).

Birth certificate — I guess to prove it’s my dad who sends me monthly upkeep money.

Itinerary.

Congrat

Did you apply for 5years or 6 months ?
First application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LoyalRoyalty: 8:04pm On Nov 04, 2020
twojul:

Documents I used:
Letter of admission.

School ID.

Itinerary.
Congratulations once again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Relationshipish: 10:46pm On Nov 04, 2020
Hello everyone, please I need help and clarification.
I applied and had my interview since mid march and till this moment, I haven't heard nothing.
It's been 8months already.. I'm getting worried now.

What could the issue be please and is there anyone with same issue guys?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by skace: 10:57pm On Nov 04, 2020
giselle237
Q1.
Every one would fill out separate applications and each will pay visa fees. However to show a link between the applications, in each form they wud be asked if traveling with anyone. Fill out the names of other family members in such a section

Q4. Airlines do reduced fares for kids so make sure you are choosing the space relevant to their ages. Either as child or infant traveller. However some would simply tag all children 12 and above as adults and hence charge adult fares. In summary, this differs from airline to airline

Who is sponsoring the trip?

Her husband is sponsoring their trip..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by twojul: 12:29am On Nov 05, 2020
Thank you. I applied for 5 years. Its not a first application
Sego12345:

Congrat

Did you apply for 5years or 6 months ?
First application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 05, 2020
Hello house.
I'm trying to get a walk-in appointment with TLS Contact but can't find it on the website. Is this service still available?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 8:19am On Nov 05, 2020
Ije004:
Hello house.
I'm trying to get a walk-in appointment with TLS Contact but can't find it on the website. Is this service still available?
yes

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 8:33am On Nov 05, 2020
Congratulations... Pls wat was ur closing bal at submission, how much did u state u were going to spend in the UK, how much do u earn, do they call the bank to confirm how much you have after submission. Thanks
pheemeehan:
Follow up information about my wife application, she was at TLS Ikeja to collect her passport, Visa granted with validity till June 2021.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 8:59am On Nov 05, 2020
Pls can I get ur email so I chat you on advise thank you
giselle237:

Sorry about the wrong advice you got pre-application.
Feel free to ask me for help when u decide on ur application next year.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:06am On Nov 05, 2020
Relationshipish:
Hello everyone, please I need help and clarification.
I applied and had my interview since mid march and till this moment, I haven't heard nothing.
It's been 8months already.. I'm getting worried now.

What could the issue be please and is there anyone with same issue guys?
Send email with all ur information to public.enquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
And
complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk
8 months is too long pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 3:35pm On Nov 05, 2020
Hello guys, I just got a cancelation mail from my hotel because of the shutdown in the UK and am still expecting my visa decision.

Can I book another hotel and forward it to the embassy or what should I do?
I hope it won't affect my visa decision?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Relationshipish: 3:47pm On Nov 05, 2020
Thanks
giselle237:

Send email with all ur information to public.enquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
And
complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk
8 months is too long pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gatess: 4:33pm On Nov 05, 2020
Sanmigbola:
Hello guys, I just got a cancelation mail from my hotel because of the shutdown in the UK and am still expecting my visa decision.

When did u put as your date of arrival and how long did u say u are staying?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 4:51pm On Nov 05, 2020
Gatess:

When did u put as your date of arrival and how long did u say u are staying?

19th-29th of Nov
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 7:00pm On Nov 05, 2020
Please I need answer o

Cc giselle237,justwise et al

Sanmigbola:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gatess: 9:18pm On Nov 05, 2020
Sanmigbola:

19th-29th of Nov

I think u need not to worry about it for now until your visa comes out. It's not ur fault and even if ur visa is still under d process, the counselors will know what happened but I feel u will need to rebook another hotel before traveling to avoid any hitch at d POE
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 9:38pm On Nov 05, 2020
Seeyat:

Congratulations
congratulations...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by delana(m): 9:52pm On Nov 05, 2020
Please what's how old can a bank statement be to render it invalid. Thanks in anticipation. The bank statement for my application was printed 9th October. Pls is this too late ? Thanks in anticipation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oggg: 11:19pm On Nov 05, 2020
delana:
Please what's how old can a bank statement be to render it invalid. Thanks in anticipation. The bank statement for my application was printed 9th October. Pls is this too late ? Thanks in anticipation
U printed 9th October and today is 5th NOvember. If u have not done biometrics, that bank staement is old brother. Save urself from ECO feeling u re trying to hide somethin and go print a new statement
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by delana(m): 12:53am On Nov 06, 2020
Oggg:

U printed 9th October and today is 5th NOvember. If u have not done biometrics, that bank staement is old brother. Save urself from ECO feeling u re trying to hide somethin and go print a new statement
Ok thanks, I will do that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pieaa: 3:51am On Nov 06, 2020
I can't seem to log In to TLS website for over 24 hours now for upload..Am I the only one with this problem and what can be done about it.. please help my biometrics is next week
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ammadkhan1990(m): 11:46am On Nov 06, 2020
Hello everyone

I'm going to apply for visit visa in few days have some question in mind if you all could help I will be thankful

1.my sponsor is going to be my sister In law do I need to submit my brother passport copy or mention him in form or in sponsor letter as he is jobless its been a while

2. All expenses will be bourne by me except accommodation and food do I need to include my sponsor bank statement

Please help @justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by OLAREWAJU1705: 12:25pm On Nov 06, 2020
Hello Guru's in the house; please, I want to travel to UK, I don't know anybody that can invite me from there, I have not travelled before. How can I get invitation letter please? How can I get invitation for tourist visa? Since I don't know anybody there. Kindly assist with useful information please. By the grace of God, I can still get the supporting documents stated here for my application. Thanks as I wait for replies
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sleeknay: 12:54pm On Nov 06, 2020
Hello Gurus in the house, i want to thank everyone doing a great job here by posting their timelines and proffering advice, i must say, i gained a lot here and that gave me the courage to do my application myself. hopefully i would come back shortly to post my good news.

i have a quick question please, i did my biometrics on 20th October, and i just got a mail from TLS that my passport has been dispatched (i paid for courier service), i did not get any mail from UKVI, i believe my timeline has been less than 15 working days. my question now are:
1. does this mean that my visa has been approved,
2. seeing that today is Friday, when is the likely date i would get my passport from DHL

i would sincerely appreciate your response as i am freaking out here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 1:26pm On Nov 06, 2020
OLAREWAJU1705:
Hello Guru's in the house; please, I want to travel to UK, I don't know anybody that can invite me from there, I have not travelled before. How can I get invitation letter please? How can I get invitation for tourist visa? Since I don't know anybody there. Kindly assist with useful information please. By the grace of God, I can still get the supporting documents stated here for my application. Thanks as I wait for replies

You don't need an invitation letter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by imgcasted(m): 1:29pm On Nov 06, 2020
Wales1111:
As I prepare towards my trip next month. I intend to travel through Turkish airline 10pm on dec 6th will be arriving in the UK on dec 7th...I know alot have been said about these things I am about to ask but things change every day. Will I need PCR test which is a covid 19 test before I leave here. 2ndly the locator form has to be filled online exactly 48 hours before your flight takes off right ? And thirdly which is my final question I hope this lockdown in the UK won't affect such a trip for the 6th of December and I arrive there on the 7th. Gurus in the house pls.....I need answers thank sirs and ma'am.

I plan traveling on the 7th of December too and this same questions are on my mind. I want to spend Christmas there so if I should calculate 14days quarantine then I should be able to move around uk during Christmas before returning
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sleeknay: 3:01pm On Nov 06, 2020
Can someone please respond to this, thanks in advance

Sleeknay:
Hello Gurus in the house, i want to thank everyone doing a great job here by posting their timelines and proffering advice, i must say, i gained a lot here and that gave me the courage to do my application myself. hopefully i would come back shortly to post my good news.

i have a quick question please, i did my biometrics on 20th October, and i just got a mail from TLS that my passport has been dispatched (i paid for courier service), i did not get any mail from UKVI, i believe my timeline has been less than 15 working days. my question now are:
1. does this mean that my visa has been approved,
2. seeing that today is Friday, when is the likely date i would get my passport from DHL

i would sincerely appreciate your response as i am freaking out here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 4:19pm On Nov 06, 2020
Sleeknay:
Can someone please respond to this, thanks in advance

Your visa has been approved. You will get your passport before the end of next week.

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.