Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,535 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (373) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1444818 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pacypatty(f): 8:10pm On Nov 10, 2020
Good evening everyone am new here, the thread has really been helpful...pls I need help because its my first time of applying for a tourist visa to the UK ,I would love to be guided on document need to get started. Thanks as I await your response.
Please someone answer me.
Cc Justwise and other gurus. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 10, 2020
Nchabuomo:

You didn't need to attach your bank statement as you already stated that your BF is the sponsor of the trip. All the ECO needs to see is your BF account statement. Congratulations

Woow this is new to me you know.... i thought the applicant just got lucky, because i know alot of times when an applicant declares that they will be fully sponsored by someone the embassy will still say that '' although they might be sponsored but they willl still need to have a clear understanding of the applicants economic and financial situation in the country''.

i was reallly surprised that she didn't put in her statement yet she got a visa.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 9:14pm On Nov 10, 2020
babs4all:
Great People in the house, please check this out. I want a date for 16th or 17th. What does sold means here? I tried to select a time without success?
From the picture you posted, there are no free dates there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by babs4all: 11:16pm On Nov 10, 2020
royalmu:
From the picture you posted, there are no free dates there.

House, is it possible to choose a date in December and walk into TLS in November for biometrics not minding the cost?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oggg: 11:22pm On Nov 10, 2020
babs4all:

House, is it possible to choose a date in December and walk into TLS in November for biometrics not minding the cost?
Keep shining ur eyes especially at night, you will find a date because ppl cancel.
My cousin got date for November 12 just few days ago.
Also make sure at the top it is set on self service or assisted service.. whichever is ur choice. Just refresh and refresh. U will find at night
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 12:35am On Nov 11, 2020
babs4all:

At some point, walk in option wasn't possible. I can't tell if it's now possible. People who have idea will respond accordingly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 8:06am On Nov 11, 2020
Irenenwaka:

Woow this is new to me you know.... i thought the applicant just got lucky, because i know alot of times when an applicant declares that they will be fully sponsored by someone the embassy will still say that '' although they might be sponsored but they willl still need to have a clear understanding of the applicants economic and financial situation in the country''.

i was reallly surprised that she didn't put in her statement yet she got a visa.

Ideally account balance doesn't really explain someone's economic status or situation as the balance might not be truly available to the individual. Rather employment status, asset etc taken holistically with the account statement might.

I have gotten a UK tourist visa with less than N500,000 account balance. I feel one can always attach their account statement but it's not compulsory for sponsored trips. Except of course the sponsor had transferred the funds for the trip into your account i.e 1. You don't want to attach the sponsors account statement showing the line item debit/ transfer.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by xaco(m): 8:21am On Nov 11, 2020
I have to commend you for a great job,
I had a six month tourist visa in March to visit uk and it was nocked out by the covid 19 travel ban, i used an agent, what are the chances if i apply directly my Visa will be approved.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by UhnNah: 8:44am On Nov 11, 2020
Nchabuomo:

Ideally account balance doesn't really explain someone's economic status or situation as the balance might not be truly available to the individual. Rather employment status, asset etc taken holistically with the account statement might.

I have gotten a UK tourist visa with less than N500,000 account balance. I feel one can always attach their account statement but it's not compulsory for sponsored trips. Except of course the sponsor had transferred the funds for the trip into your account i.e 1. You don't want to attach the sponsors account statement showing the line item debit/ transfer.

Correct! The number one factor that will always determine if you qualify for a ‘visiting visa’ would be your ‘ties’ who you are,whats attached to you,what would bring you back home etc (That is why the United States don’t usually check bank statements for visiting visas) then your money! If you can afford it and if the money is available for your use!

I know full housewives who got their UK visas without a penny in their account,why? Husband is sponsoring and they got kids to return to after their visits!

By the way,The UK visa you got with less than 500K in your account,what year was that pls?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 8:54am On Nov 11, 2020
Wow a big congratulations, what God can not do does not exist, am so happy for you, I tap into this favor upon my application yo be granted in Jesus name amen.
Sleeknay:
GLORY GLORY GLORY... MY VISA WAS GRANTED.
i did my biometrics on 20th October, got a mail from TLC to come pick up on 6th November (13 working days).
i dont know how i was lucky cause sincerely i was really scared and skeptical on my chances of getting the visa.
cause one i didnt upload my bank statement, there was no point cause my account isnt clear, i have unusual credits there, and from what i gathered here, bank statements issues are always a cause of refusal.

i think what did the trick for me is because i made my application simple, i ensured i summarized all my points and put everything i needed to say in the Application form, i did that because in case the ECO does not open my cover letter i would still be grounded cause i have laid my case already.

Also, i would be travelling with my boyfriend, so i uploaded our pictures and i did an explanation on where we took all the pictures, (i included pictures of us at date night, goofy pictures, e.t.c, but nothing inappropriate) my reason was i needed the pictures as proof of relationship because he is my sponsor for the trip. also in my cover letter i refered the ECO to his bank statement and the actual dates when he sent money to me, because he always send money to me.

finally, for my itinerary, what i did was to google tourist places in uk that relates to my career, rather than stating the generic london eye e.t.c, i needed something to show that albeit that i am travelling for tourism i still want to gain something from the trip.

This worked for me, it may not work for everyone , so this is just for enlightenment, i learnt so much from reading this thread, so i just thought to share my story also.

goodluck to everyone expecting a positive news.

What God can not do does not exist.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 11:02am On Nov 11, 2020
UhnNah:

Correct! The number one factor that will always determine if you qualify for a ‘visiting visa’ would be your ‘ties’ who you are,what's attached to you, what would bring you back home etc (That is why the United States don’t usually check bank statements for visiting visas) then your money! If you can afford it and if the money is available for your use!

I know full housewives who got their UK visas without a penny in their account, why? Husband is sponsoring and they got kids to return to after their visits!

By the way, The UK visa you got with less than 500K in your account, what year was that pls?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sambo194: 1:38pm On Nov 11, 2020
sambo194:
Please my question is that: who are those making decisions on application? Are they Nigerians like us working with them or British?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by flinton(m): 1:46pm On Nov 11, 2020
[quote author=sambo194 post=95925099][/quote]
What do you think?
Hell no!! they can't be Nigerians!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pompoms(f): 2:33pm On Nov 11, 2020
I was up all night trying to pay for my children's applications with my GTBANK card. The first went smoothly but the other two is different. I even tried using Stanbic. And I already booked the first appointment , hoping to link the others.

LoyalRoyalty:
Try and use GTB mastercard if you have access to any. Let's know the outcome.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LoyalRoyalty: 2:36pm On Nov 11, 2020
Pompoms:
I was up all night trying to pay for my children's applications with my GTBANK card. The first went smoothly but the other two is different. I even tried using Stanbic. And I already booked the first appointment , hoping to link the others.

It might have been as a result of network error since the first payment was successful. You have to keep trying.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Bamo2020(m): 2:42pm On Nov 11, 2020
Good day our great gurus in house.
Is it advisable to reapply after six months of being refused UK visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 3:32pm On Nov 11, 2020
Bamo2020:

Yes you can

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by alert20: 7:10pm On Nov 11, 2020
Bamo2020:

What was the reason for the refusal and have you tackle it??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by babs4all: 7:52pm On Nov 11, 2020
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 9:38pm On Nov 11, 2020
[quote author=babs4all post=95936827]House, is it possible to choose a date in December and walk into TLS in November for biometrics not minding the cost?[/quot

Ofcourse yes...u can ..it's just 42k,.go with ur ATM card ...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pompoms(f): 11:38pm On Nov 11, 2020
Thank you very much.
Still getting the same message.
Should I cancel the first appointment? It's on Tuesday.

LoyalRoyalty:
It might have been as a result of network error since the first payment was successful. You have to keep trying.

1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gentilityndu: 4:22am On Nov 12, 2020
Pompoms:

To save yourself too many stress, you would’ve used Paga... I used Paga to pay mine, it was as smooth as... keep trying, it will definitely go through.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyatrustee(f): 4:44am On Nov 12, 2020
Pompoms:
Thank you very much.

Are you using a Naira mastercard? The limit on dollar transactions might be the reason. The first one went because it was within your monthly allowance.

Try using paga.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by alert20: 6:00am On Nov 12, 2020
gentilityndu:

To save yourself too many stress, you would’ve used Paga... I used Paga to pay mine, it was as smooth as... keep trying, it will definitely go through.

The paga option's is the easiest and fastest method as far as I'm concerned

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by babs4all: 7:02am On Nov 12, 2020
After choosing Flexi Appointment, no date is available, hence, I couldn't proceed to checkout. 42k has been added to my bill already.
Please I need an advice on what to do next. It shows sold till 4th of December.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LoyalRoyalty: 7:18am On Nov 12, 2020
Pompoms:
Thank you very much.

Do you have sufficient funds and did you enter your correct card details? If yes, you may need a paga account to make the payment process seamless. Creating a paga account doesn't take time and it can be done from the comfort of your bedroom.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by UhnNah: 7:45am On Nov 12, 2020
Pompoms:
Thank you very much.

Like iyatrustee said i think you exceeded the monthly limit CBN allows on Nigerian cards per month! Get another person to help you with their GTB card or use the Paga option!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pompoms(f): 10:15am On Nov 12, 2020
An app? I'll check it out. Thank you.

gentilityndu:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pompoms(f): 10:18am On Nov 12, 2020
Yes to all the questions. I'll try paga. Thank you.

[quote authoroyalRoyalty post=95948375]Do you have sufficient funds and did you enter your correct card details? If yes, you may need a paga account to make the payment process seamless. Creating a paga account doesn't take time and it can be done from the comfort of your bedroom. [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pompoms(f): 10:19am On Nov 12, 2020
I'll do just that. Thank you.

UhnNah:

Like iyatrustee said i think you exceeded the monthly limit CBN allows on Nigerian cards per month! Get another person to help you with their GTB card or use the Paga option!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pompoms(f): 10:25am On Nov 12, 2020
Please, is it possible for me to cancel the previous appointment? Cos I doubt it will still be free for the siblings.

2. I couldn't find the flexi option under self service . Is it only for "assisted"?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by princejunaid(m): 10:35am On Nov 12, 2020
Good morning
Please help me it very urgent.
What is the visa fee for Short term visa priority.
Thanks in anticipation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.