Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,007 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (419) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1447674 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyclops33: 2:25pm On Jan 19, 2021
Congrats!, 17th is Sunday, Guess you meant 18th, I submitted same day as you at the VI Centre, nothing yet from ukvi nor Tls, also there app no longer tracks. When did you receive email to pick up from TLS?
qhunlay:
Six-month visit visa granted.

Application Submitted - 8th December 2020
Biometrics captured - 23rd December 2020
Visa approved - 17th January 2021

MI - N520k
ME -N120k
DI - N400k
Cost of trip to me - GBP 800

Documents submitted

Host Documents - IV Letter, UK Passport Biodata Page, 6-months Payslips and Mortgage statement
Letter from my employer
Six-Month Payslips
Proof of Earnings - Company ID, Remuneration Sheet and Incentive Bonus Statement
Statements of Accounts - Salary Account (closing bal of N500k+) and Personal Account (closing bal of N250k+)
Self-Introduction Letter
Statutory Obligation - Letter and Statement from my PFA stating my pension balance of about N12m, Tax ID and e-TCC
Travel History - SA and US
Marriage Certificate

In my salary account statement, I carefully asterisked my salary as they came in each month to align with the payslip of each month. In my self-introduction letter, I also explained the source of all inflows into my personal account.

I have been a silent reader of this thread, always looking at people's experiences (for both approved and refused application), so I learnt quite a lot from here. Thank you so much to all of you for sharing with us.

Above all, I believe God's mercy and favour came into play....it all ended in praise!!!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by qhunlay: 2:46pm On Jan 19, 2021
Cyclops33:
Congrats!, 17th is Sunday, Guess you meant 18th, I submitted same day as you at the VI Centre, nothing yet from ukvi nor Tls, also there app no longer tracks. When did you receive email to pick up from TLS?

I got pick up mail and SMS from TLS this morning, I also submitted at VI, my office is close to there so I just strolled in to collect my document.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Classicnkem: 5:06pm On Jan 19, 2021
Hello everyone, big Shoutout to the gurus who have been providing insights on here.
@ Giselle237 @ justwise and Co

Pls I need help and advice from you all concerning my situation:

I have a friend in the UK (citizen) who is about sending me an invite - he is my sponsor and he is also going to provide accommodation and take care of my maintenance (he's also paying for my flight) simply put; he is taking total responsibility for my trip.

Will I still need to submit my statement of account to the embassy?

I'm concerned cos my salary here in Nigeria is 50k a month which I basically live off of and I don't have any savings at all in that account. (I'm now aware that transferring lump sums into it wouldn't work)

I have a transportation business by the side and have a different account where I receive payments (100/150k monthly), which is my main savings account and the closing balance is never below 1.5M. (The business is unregistered)...

Apart from my siblings, folks and my Job (50k salary) I don't have any other "official" ties to the country (my car is not registered under my name) - I'm also an Actor/Director, I can register for the Actors Guild of Nigeria if that would help.

Given my situation, pls what will be the best way forward to apply for the Visa? and what are my chances? NB: I have a Virgin passport.

I'd really appreciate any input and suggestions. Questions are welcomed too.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 5:32pm On Jan 19, 2021
Classicnkem:
Hello everyone, big Shoutout to the gurus who have been providing insights on here.
@ Giselle237 @ justwise and Co

Pls I need help and advice from you all concerning my situation:

I have a friend in the UK (citizen) who is about sending me an invite - he is my sponsor and he is also going to provide accommodation and take care of my maintenance (he's also paying for my flight) simply put; he is taking total responsibility for my trip.

Will I still need to submit my statement of account to the embassy?

I'm concerned cos my salary here in Nigeria is 50k a month which I basically live off of and I don't have any savings at all in that account. (I'm now aware that transferring lump sums into it wouldn't work)

I have a transportation business by the side and have a different account where I receive payments (100/150k monthly), which is my main savings account and the closing balance is never below 1.5M. (The business is unregistered)...

Apart from my siblings, folks and my Job (50k salary) I don't have any other "official" ties to the country (my car is not registered under my name) - I'm also an Actor/Director, I can register for the Actors Guild of Nigeria if that would help.

Given my situation, pls what will be the best way forward to apply for the Visa? and what are my chances? NB: I have a Virgin passport.

I'd really appreciate any input and suggestions. Questions are welcomed too.
Thanks.
Who is this friend to you and why is the friend so graciously and magnanimously giving you an all expense paid trip?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Classicnkem: 6:42pm On Jan 19, 2021
giselle237:

Who is this friend to you and why is the friend so graciously and magnanimously giving you an all expense paid trip?

Like I mentioned earlier I’m a filmmaker, early last year one of my Short films which got some nominations abroad caught his attention, he reached out to me cos he thought the Film was really good.

So I’m being hosted cos he has shown interest in Co producing the feature length film with me - we are meeting to discuss terms and sign some papers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:18pm On Jan 19, 2021
Classicnkem:

Like I mentioned earlier I’m a filmmaker, early last year one of my Short films which got some nominations abroad caught his attention, he reached out to me cos he thought the Film was really good.

So I’m being hosted cos he has shown interest in Co producing the feature length film with me - we are meeting to discuss terms and sign some papers.
Disclaimer- views below are just my opinion.
Have you met before? In my opinion, the above reason is very shaky. Try and convince yourself first, if you can convince yourself then go for it.
Work on your ties to Nigeria and hopefully you have travel history to another solid country.

I can only remember 3 people right now on this thread that were fully sponsored and in the 3 cases there were genuine reasons why another adult was sponsoring them and then history to show they had an existing previous background with sponsor.

The 3 of them didnt submit personal bank statements. So it’s 50 50.

As long as u can show strong ties to Nigeria, prove why another adult will fully sponsor your vacation and then plus or minus show some travel history, you are good to go.
And also yes your actors guild thin. If you can prove you are a big face in showbiz and your ‘big marketability’ in Nigeria and how u can't abandon Nigeria to go live as an illegal in the Uk, then it will help.
Attach evidence of the nominations your movies got, prove that you are a brand, even if u are a small brand... sell urself very well..

Otherwise work on yourself, your finances and then apply as a tourist. By yourself, sponsor yourself. When u reach there, u find this your friend.

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nielbaba(m): 10:27pm On Jan 19, 2021
Congratulations ,
Wait oo your closing balance for both account is not even up to 1m 500+250
And you DI is 400 , where do u keep you money ? ,lol
qhunlay:
Six-month visit visa granted.

Application Submitted - 8th December 2020
Biometrics captured - 23rd December 2020
Visa approved - 17th January 2021

MI - N520k
ME -N120k
DI - N400k
Cost of trip to me - GBP 800

Documents submitted

Host Documents - IV Letter, UK Passport Biodata Page, 6-months Payslips and Mortgage statement
Letter from my employer
Six-Month Payslips
Proof of Earnings - Company ID, Remuneration Sheet and Incentive Bonus Statement
Statements of Accounts - Salary Account (closing bal of N500k+) and Personal Account (closing bal of N250k+)
Self-Introduction Letter
Statutory Obligation - Letter and Statement from my PFA stating my pension balance of about N12m, Tax ID and e-TCC
Travel History - SA and US
Marriage Certificate

In my salary account statement, I carefully asterisked my salary as they came in each month to align with the payslip of each month. In my self-introduction letter, I also explained the source of all inflows into my personal account.

I have been a silent reader of this thread, always looking at people's experiences (for both approved and refused application), so I learnt quite a lot from here. Thank you so much to all of you for sharing with us.

Above all, I believe God's mercy and favour came into play....it all ended in praise!!!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cypher01: 11:53pm On Jan 19, 2021
Hello, I really appreciate what you guys are doing here, I hope I can receive some help. I am looking into relocating to the UK, here some of my details

1. I am currently working remotely for a UK company.
2. I don't have a degree.

What will you advice me to do considering the fact that I don't have a degree, although I have relevance experience with my field of work(I was given the job because of my experience)

Please your advice will be appreciated. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Uktocanada: 4:34am On Jan 20, 2021
Please who will sell pounds to me @620
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oggg: 6:51am On Jan 20, 2021
.. me too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ujay342(f): 3:47pm On Jan 20, 2021
Good day everyone. Please can someone please explain to me why this applicant was denied? It seems the ECO didn’t go through the applicant’s personal bank statement. angry sad

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 4:28pm On Jan 20, 2021
Ujay342:
Good day everyone. Please can someone please explain to me why this applicant was denied? It seems the ECO didn’t go through the applicant’s personal bank statement. angry sad
It was not assessed by ECO’s comment, ‘said it was not provided’
If the person did provide let him or her seek reconsideration via complaints email.
Search the thread for it and send in your case. If this was an error from his or her part, visa will be gotten based on technicality. Pls let the visa applicnt state the undue emotional stress or burden this has caused

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 4:35pm On Jan 20, 2021
Ujay342:
The ECO didn't see the applicant's bank statement. Did the applicant use assisted or self service?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cypher01: 7:22pm On Jan 20, 2021
Please guys, I need your advice. Thanks

cypher01:
Hello, I really appreciate what you guys are doing here, I hope I can receive some help. I am looking into relocating to the UK, here some of my details

1. I am currently working remotely for a UK company.
2. I don't have a degree.

What will you advice me to do considering the fact that I don't have a degree, although I have relevance experience with my field of work(I was given the job because of my experience)

Please your advice will be appreciated. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by loxve: 7:51pm On Jan 20, 2021
Pls I need help and urgent reply pls. I did my UK Visa application biometrics for dependent spouse Visa at to ikeja since December 22nd but since then uk British commission from Pretoria south Africa has been communicating with me to request for one thing or the other. Different documents. Pls Is this normal since I applied in Nigeria. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ujay342(f): 8:58pm On Jan 20, 2021
giselle237:

Instead of carrying your leg there, u can send an email to complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk and

public.enquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

Perhaps they will reply and/or give u other information.

Seen. I really appreciate your help. � @giselle237
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ujay342(f): 9:01pm On Jan 20, 2021
royalmu:
The ECO didn't see the applicant's bank statement. Did the applicant use assisted or self service?

Self service. Both business and personal bank statements were uploaded.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyclops33: 9:02pm On Jan 20, 2021
Hi, do you have an idea when he or she did biometrics, mine is past 17 working days with no response
Ujay342:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ujay342(f): 9:02pm On Jan 20, 2021
giselle237:

It was not assessed by ECO’s comment, ‘said it was not provided’
If the person did provide let him or her seek reconsideration via complaints email.
Search the thread for it and send in your case. If this was an error from his or her part, visa will be gotten based on technicality. Pls let the visa applicnt state the undue emotional stress or burden this has caused

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ujay342(f): 9:04pm On Jan 20, 2021
Cyclops33:
Hi, do you have an idea when he or she did biometrics, mine is past 17 working days with no response

6th Jan.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 9:07pm On Jan 20, 2021
Ujay342:

Self service. Both business and personal bank statements were uploaded.
Ok. Do what giselle237 asked you to do and hope for the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:05pm On Jan 20, 2021
loxve:
Pls I need help and urgent reply pls. I did my UK Visa application biometrics for dependent spouse Visa at to ikeja since December 22nd but since then uk British commission from Pretoria south Africa has been communicating with me to request for one thing or the other. Different documents. Pls Is this normal since I applied in Nigeria. Thank you
What sort of communication? How did they reach you? As far as the email address used by them is legitimate then I think it is. Not the name typed. Click on it and see the email address
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by loxve: 10:25pm On Jan 20, 2021
Like adding an additional documents. Then to pay ihs fee even after biometrics was sent to my mail
thank you for your response. Will reply them
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by loxve: 10:27pm On Jan 20, 2021
Their email was legitimate. Thanksb
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:57am On Jan 21, 2021
loxve:
Their email was legitimate. Thanksb
Yes. They are the ones with your application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by obeauty21: 12:28pm On Jan 21, 2021
Helloo everyone, good afternoon haus...

Pl is the ihs fee for a single dependent (student visa route) £705? My hubby recently switched to the new student visa route last year october. His current visa expires in 2022.

Pls can anyone help me on this. I dunno if i made a mistake in the checker.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Simyowe: 12:31pm On Jan 21, 2021
Hello my people

Does anyone know how to go about UK skill worker Visa. I heard they need teachers and nurses See link below

https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa

I need help how to go about applying. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pristinegold: 12:31pm On Jan 21, 2021
Good afternoon house, pls can someone tell me how to track my app online..thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kuntash: 12:34pm On Jan 21, 2021
giselle237:

Free test centres for lagos

Sir they said N50400 for the test!
Did u meant free as in??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 1:02pm On Jan 21, 2021
Pristinegold:
Good afternoon house, pls can someone tell me how to track my app online..thanks

download d TLScontact app from google play store, install and you are good to go
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pristinegold: 1:29pm On Jan 21, 2021
TLS app is not opening it keeps rolling
opomulero:

download d TLScontact app from google play store, install and you are good to go

(1) (2) (3) ... (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.