Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (531) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1442400 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 10:22am On Jul 12, 2021
lumley:
Hello house

I’m doing self upload, can someone please advise which document is VAF. Thanks

Visa application form

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nadesh(f): 11:49am On Jul 12, 2021
lumley:
Hello house

I’m doing self upload, can someone please advise which document is VAF. Thanks
visa application form. Download and save it, then upload
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by lumley: 12:17pm On Jul 12, 2021
Sanmigbola:

Visa application form

Thanks a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by lumley: 12:18pm On Jul 12, 2021
nadesh:
visa application form. Download and save it, then upload

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by lumley: 12:28pm On Jul 12, 2021
Sanmigbola:

Property documents
Copy of dependants birth certificate in Nigeria(if any)
Evidence of pension and retirement
CAC doc, cac document listing him as the MD of the company.

Thanks for your response earlier. I have another 2 question please.

The property document only includes my dad’s name, can I upload this to my mum’s application as well?
My mum is also listed as director in the company, should I upload the company documents in her application as well?

Thanks a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 1:52pm On Jul 12, 2021
No, don't include it. Only include documents on each person's name.

Yes, include the cac and the document listing her as one of the directors.

lumley:

Thanks for your response earlier. I have another 2 question please.

The property document only includes my dad’s name, can I upload this to my mum’s application as well?
My mum is also listed as director in the company, should I upload the company documents in her application as well?

Thanks a lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyatrustee(f): 2:17pm On Jul 12, 2021
Sanmigbola:

Why? Isn't she his wife? What if it was jointly purchased? Marital property belongs to both parties. I have included documents in my husband's name severally, I only had to specify it was jointly owned wherever they asked abt property etc and importantly, I had evidence of marriage to him

Let's be sure of the advice we give here pls!

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 3:23pm On Jul 12, 2021
can you share document submitted

theGodson:
Visa approved

thread was useful in putting in application

Biometrics - 18th June
email to come pick up - 7th July
Picked - 8th

I created a table to explain funds inflow over a threshold in my account.

thanks all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by lumley: 3:44pm On Jul 12, 2021
Sanmigbola:

Yes, include the cac and the document listing her as one of the directors.

Ok thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by IamDavidJames(m): 8:01pm On Jul 12, 2021
Hello, after using self service to upload and submit documents, is it possible to still add additional documents? Maybe at the appointment centre or via the portal?

I will really appreciate your response(s) to this. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 8:31pm On Jul 12, 2021
Is it the same ECO that attended to your application that will attend to his application.

If it work for you doesn't mean it will work for someone else. Have you thought about the adverse effect if it doesn't work for her, considering the fact that its not in her name.

Visa application is a 50:50 thing. Mind you am not forcing him, am only advicing him and stop acting as if you are the ECO that will attend to his application pls.

iyatrustee:

Why? Isn't she his wife? What if it was jointly purchased? Marital property belongs to both parties. I have included documents in my husband's name severally, I only had to specify it was jointly owned wherever they asked abt property etc and importantly, I had evidence of marriage to him

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 8:34pm On Jul 12, 2021
Yes, you can upload documents at the appointment but you will pay additional 11,700(not sure of the price)

IamDavidJames:
Hello, after using self service to upload and submit documents, is it possible to still add additional documents? Maybe at the appointment centre or via the portal?

I will really appreciate your response(s) to this. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by IamDavidJames(m): 8:46pm On Jul 12, 2021
Sanmigbola:
Yes, you can upload documents at the appointment but you will pay additional 11,700(not sure of the price)

Ok. Thank you. I have uploaded and submitted already via their portal though (using self service) but the person inviting me just sent two new docs that would prove useful. My documents are all in soft copy already, would that be accepted?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyatrustee(f): 8:54pm On Jul 12, 2021
Sanmigbola:
Is it the same ECO that attended to your application that will attend to his application.

If it work for you doesn't mean it will work for someone else. Have you thought about the adverse effect if it doesn't work for her, considering the fact that its not in her name.

Visa application is a 50:50 thing. Mind you am not forcing him, am only advicing him and stop acting as if you are the ECO that will attend to his application pls.

First, you gave your opinion and I gave mine, so where did you see me act like the ECO?

I merely corrected your assertion. So long she can show proof of a subsisting marriage to the Original poster's father, she can upload joint landed properties even if they are solely in his name....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 8:54pm On Jul 12, 2021
Yes, they will scan it for you when you get to TLS.

IamDavidJames:

Ok. Thank you. I have uploaded and submitted already via their portal though (using self service) but the person inviting me just sent two new docs that would prove useful. My documents are all in soft copy already, would that be accepted?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 9:05pm On Jul 12, 2021
You don't need to correct me because you are not the ECO.
You acted like your opinion is final have you thought about if it doesn't work for them.

There are instances where people will upload the same documents and some will get their visa and some won't get their visa.
If it work for you doesn’t mean it will work for someone else madam. You are not the ECO !!!

iyatrustee:

First, you gave your opinion and I gave mine, so where did you see me act like the ECO?

I merely corrected your assertion. So long she can show proof of a subsisting marriage to the Original poster's father, she can upload joint landed properties even if they are solely in his name....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyatrustee(f): 9:24pm On Jul 12, 2021
Sanmigbola:
You don't need to correct me because you are not the ECO.
You acted like your opinion is final have you thought about if it doesn't work for them.

There are instances where people will upload the same documents and some will get their visa and some won't get their visa.
If it work for you doesn’t mean it will work for someone else madam. You are not the ECO !!!

Ire o, I have nothing to prove to you! Whatever you say is correct then since your opinion is infalliable

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by IamDavidJames(m): 9:25pm On Jul 12, 2021
Sanmigbola:
Yes, they will scan it for you when you get to TLS.

Okay, great. So I can just go with the soft (digital copies) then. Thanks so much. Really appreciate it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DeeOneBangin: 10:03pm On Jul 12, 2021
IamDavidJames:

Okay, great. So I can just go with the soft (digital copies) then. Thanks so much. Really appreciate it.

Go with printed copy (A4 size only)

Nobody will collect soft copy from you oooo cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 10:05pm On Jul 12, 2021
iyatrustee:

Ire o, I have nothing to prove to you! Whatever you say is correct then since your opinion is infalliable

You are not proving anything. You are only trying to act like you are the almighty ECO.
Visa application is a 50:50 thing. This pattern might work now and fail afterwards. Have that at the back of your mind.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Thoscine: 10:25pm On Jul 12, 2021
Good evening everyone, please can I ask questions on tier 2 visa on this thread?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by iyatrustee(f): 10:37pm On Jul 12, 2021
Sanmigbola:

You are not proving anything. You are only trying to act like you are the almighty ECO.
Visa application is a 50:50 thing. This pattern might work now and fail afterwards. Have that at the back of your mind.

You keep shouting acting like the ECO and I have asked you to point out where in my comment I gave that impression.

See, I have followed this thread from Part 1 and that was shortly before my application in early 2010 and I have had all succesful applications since I started so you can bet I know already that visa application is 50:50. Much more, I can tell you for free that the essence of this thread is to learn from others, I remember you asking numerous questions just a few weeks ago because you needed to be sure you were doing the right when filling your form and lots of people responded to you (some of us just prefer to read and not comment).

So tell me why only your opinion should matter in this case? There are some authority on this thread that I won't argue with because I am 100% sure they are more knowledgeable than me eg Justwise,Giselle,lagosismyhome, omobendel, Monmari, Ijeshaoflondon, Tutu etc sorry you are not one of them!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 12, 2021
Please house Is it necessary to scan a photo on A4 paper before uploading ? Or just scan the photo directly and upload it ?

I'm after the size of the photo because i read on tls website that all the documents should be on A4 paper size?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by IamDavidJames(m): 10:54pm On Jul 12, 2021
DeeOneBangin:

Go with printed copy (A4 size only)

Nobody will collect soft copy from you oooo cheesy

Lol, so I have to print all the documents?? Even after having them in soft copy already and uploading it. I've uploaded all the documents already using the self service but I just got new documents that I will like to add.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oluayebenz: 11:20pm On Jul 12, 2021
odugbemiopeyemi:

Please house Is it necessary to scan a photo on A4 paper before uploading ? Or just scan the photo directly and upload it ?

I'm after the size of the photo because i read on tls website that all the documents should be on A4 paper size?

For self upload, just scan docs and upload...

For assisted services, all docs must be A4 paper size
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DeeOneBangin: 11:20pm On Jul 12, 2021
IamDavidJames:

Lol, so I have to print all the documents?? Even after having them in soft copy already and uploading it. I've uploaded all the documents already using the self service but I just got new documents that I will like to add.

Only the new documents is what you should print out and take to the tls centre.

They will add it to the ones you have submitted.

It costs ₦11,700. No cash payment allowed.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oluayebenz: 11:22pm On Jul 12, 2021
IamDavidJames:

You can go with the soft copy if it's A4 size but if not, make photocopies of it in A4 paper size
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DeeOneBangin: 11:25pm On Jul 12, 2021
odugbemiopeyemi:

Scan the photo, put it in pdf format and upload.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 4:32am On Jul 13, 2021
Show me where I said only my opinion should matter.

You started creating issue for yourself when you said I am misleading him, guess you don't know the meaning of that. I have not said anything bad considering the fact that a different ECO can pick the application and give it a different meaning. We are all learning and you can't tell me you know it all. You need to know that the rule keeps changing and whatever work for Mr. A might not work for Mr B.
What if she present the document and another ECO sees it as fraud because the document is not in her name. Look at it from that perspective. You won't be there to defend the application in the presence of the ECO.

In my own case i have property documents bought with my money and my wife's name is included on all my property documents because of situations like this.

Even if you've been travelling when you were in your mother's womb you need to have one thing at the back of your mind that rules and regulations guiding visa process changes and every ECO's perspective towards documents you present is different.

I never claimed I know it all, but I will not advice my enemy to follow your opinion because people like you don't think of the after effect if it doesn't work as planned.

iyatrustee:

You keep shouting acting like the ECO and I have asked you to point out where in my comment I gave that impression.

See, I have followed this thread from Part 1 and that was shortly before my application in early 2010 and I have had all succesful applications since I started so you can bet I know already that visa application is 50:50. Much more, I can tell you for free that the essence of this thread is to learn from others, I remember you asking numerous questions just a few weeks ago because you needed to be sure you were doing the right when filling your form and lots of people responded to you (some of us just prefer to read and not comment).

So tell me why only your opinion should matter in this case? There are some authority on this thread that I won't argue with because I am 100% sure they are more knowledgeable than me eg Justwise,Giselle,lagosismyhome, omobendel, Monmari, Ijeshaoflondon, Tutu etc sorry you are not one of them!

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyberknight: 5:37am On Jul 13, 2021
iyatrustee:

The bolded is not true in Nigeria.
Any property bought in one party's name is theirs alone - Nigerian courts do not distribute property on divorce, for instance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyberknight: 5:43am On Jul 13, 2021
Sanmigbola:
Statement of account
BRP
mortgage
Utility bill
Birth certificate
Pics taken together
Relevant documents from your parents to show their strong ties to Nigeria

On a Tier 4 visa, you dont need to show any of the bolded, how much can a student on 20 hours a week have in their bank account to cover costs of supporting two people in the UK in addition to themselves. Nor can a student hold a mortgage and if they're likely living in shared accommodation a utility bill, if any, would be pointless. No need for pictures taken together either, these are one's parents, so unless there has been a long period of no contact that needs to be justified, those arent necessary. And the OP lumley stated that they came for his/her undergraduate graduation.

The parents are the ones coming to visit their child and they are the ones to show they can afford the visit and have ties back home to make them most likely to return, etc.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyberknight: 5:55am On Jul 13, 2021
SalewaAb95:
Hello all, please any opinion on this?

State what you know. It is perfectly acceptable to state that you do not know your father's date of birth/other details as you are estranged and have no documentation.
One thing is that applications made on behalf of minors can be disregarded when they make applications as adults in their own right (you didnt fill the form as you were a child at the time, so you are not responsible for what was stated there).

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.