Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,345 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (560) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1445450 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 6:58pm On Aug 21, 2021
owee:
Hello everyone,

I’ve had a bad experience with Dante labs. Night test kits last week and got them delivered early this week. Did the tests on Thursday and sent results via Royal Mail priority box same day(before 9am). My results came in yesterday but my wife’s after we missed our flight today(as she was yet to get her results). Those guys are terrible and avoid them when planning test to fly.

Does anyone have a reliable and cost effective test provider for fit to fly(out of the UK back to Naija) and for which results can be obtained same day.

Try Express test or use boots

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jagbasneh(m): 8:02am On Aug 22, 2021
Good morning the guru, please house which sites can someone search for jobs in UK while u're still in naija?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Thoniaagirl(f): 10:49am On Aug 22, 2021
Hi

1)Can I apply for 2 yrs visitor visa as a first timer and a single lady?

2)As anyone here gotten 2 yrs visitor visa when they applied for the first time?.

3) I don’t have invitation letter, what accommodation is best to use, hotel or hostel.

4) I have a brother in the UK but I don’t intend to stay with him. Do I need to declare that I have a relative?

Please your response will be appreciated.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 11:03am On Aug 22, 2021
Thoniaagirl:
Hi

2)As anyone here gotten 2 yrs visitor visa when they applied for the first time?.

3) I don’t have invitation letter, what accommodation is best to use, hotel or hostel.

4) I have a brother in the UK but I don’t intend to stay with him. Do I need to declare that I have a relative?

Thank you

1. Do you have an established travel history to other countries? If no, then apply for a 6 months visa.

2. It's possible

3. You can use any.

4. Its advisable you do. You will have to add his passport number. If you two aren't cool it might be tricky. You don't have to stay with them though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 11:17am On Aug 22, 2021
Nchabuomo:

1. Do you have an established travel history to other countries? If no, then apply for a 6 months visa.

2. It's possible

3. You can use any.

4. Its advisable you do. You will have to add his passport number. If you two aren't cool it might be tricky. You don't have to stay with them though.
What are you trying to say? Are you saying hostel can be used for self-isolation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 12:37pm On Aug 22, 2021
royalmu:
What are you trying to say? Are you saying hostel can be used for self-isolation?

I think you can, but I could be wrong. I have not seen any government notice stating otherwise (especially for England).

People are allowed to isolate in homes of family members/friends who have jobs etc so why not a hostel?

Especially if the facility in question has made provision for that and accepts their booking.

That said, happy to change my stand if shown anywhere that it's states otherwise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 12:57pm On Aug 22, 2021
Why are you in need of a 2 yrs visa?
Thoniaagirl:
Hi
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 2:51pm On Aug 22, 2021
Nchabuomo:

I think you can, but I could be wrong. I have not seen any government notice stating otherwise (especially for England).

People are allowed to isolate in homes of family members/friends who have jobs etc so why not a hostel?

Especially if the facility in question has made provision for that and accepts their booking.

That said, happy to change my stand if shown anywhere that it's states otherwise.
Hostels normally have multiple beds in a room and that defeats the purpose of self-isolation because you will have other people in the same space.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 4:08pm On Aug 22, 2021
permit me to say..... this is same as isolating with family members or friends which is gloriously permitted. The guidelines on self isolation on www.gov.uk which is the manual of the UK has not expressly stated tht hostels are disallowed. I think this is dicey and there is no hard fast rule as long as one can stay 2 metres apart from others according to covid rules.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 6:58pm On Aug 22, 2021
giselle237:
permit me to say..... this is same as isolating with family members or friends which is gloriously permitted. The guidelines on self isolation on www.gov.uk which is the manual of the UK has not expressly stated tht hostels are disallowed. I think this is dicey and there is no hard fast rule as long as one can stay 2 metres apart from others according to covid rules.
Those who used hostel as where they would self-isolate in the UK and visa was approved should also contribute.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by FKBZ: 11:27pm On Aug 22, 2021
Hi house ,

Is it possible to get a tourist visa now from the uk embassy...

Looking at spending less than 10days...

But with covid outside is it advisable and would I have to do the isolation thing...

I am looking at going before december...

Purely for vacation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by IamDavidJames(m): 1:23am On Aug 23, 2021
Wow, imagine. They just wasted the priority and courier service fee. The more important thing is you have gotten your passport with the visa in it. Great. Maybe you could have used that enquiry contact for £2.78 I guess. That would've probably saved you the stress of going up and down.
Enjoy your trip.

nellytivities:

I don’t know why it took that long sincerely. And when I got to the British Council yesterday, it was obvious the passport has just been with them but they didn’t act on it. I got the mail today and picked up today even though I had paid for courier delivery. I couldn’t wait for Monday cos I needed the Passport. If I hadn’t gone there, they wouldn’t have sent the passport to TLS today.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:36am On Aug 23, 2021
FKBZ:
Hi house ,

Is it possible to get a tourist visa now from the uk embassy...

Looking at spending less than 10days...

But with covid outside is it advisable and would I have to do the isolation thing...

I am looking at going before december...

Purely for vacation
Yes you can get a tourist visa and no you cannot spend less than 10days as the rules on isolation have not yet changed.You should read earlier discussions on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by CSPb: 7:36am On Aug 23, 2021
House when is it Ideal to book for the day 2 and 8 test?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Enick: 7:48am On Aug 23, 2021
After getting a 6months visa and used it for 12 days stated in my application, Can I apply for 2 years tourist?

The only reason why I would like a 2years is to have a valid visa in my passport for the next 2 years and would be able to travel anytime I like without gathering documents now and then if I intend to travel.

Can I state the above as the reason for a 2years visa in my cover letter or it is not necessary?

Will the 6months cover letter I used previously be so much different from the one I intend to use for 2years?

I will appreciate your opinion on how to improve my chances for the 2 years. I plan to submit my application by the 2nd week of October, for a plan trip on December 15th.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 8:22am On Aug 23, 2021
Enick:
After getting a 6months visa and used it for 12 days stated in my application, Can I apply for 2 years tourist?

The only reason why I would like a 2years is to have a valid visa in my passport for the next 2 years and would be able to travel anytime I like without gathering documents now and then if I intend to travel.

Can I state the above as the reason for a 2years visa in my cover letter or it is not necessary?

Will the 6months cover letter I used previously be so much different from the one I intend to use for 2years?

I will appreciate your opinion on how to improve my chances for the 2 years. I plan to submit my application by the 2nd week of October, for a plan trip on December 15th.

You do not need a reason for applying for a 2 year visa. You are also not required to give one. A cover letter is not a requirement. If you want to do one you i.e. write a cover letter, it should ideally contain details of your trip as opposed to justification of duration applied for e.g. Do you provide reasons as to why you want a 6-month visa? I guess not. Rather you might want to elaborate more on travel details, home ties, things you will do on your trip etc.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by FKBZ: 10:27am On Aug 23, 2021
Tutu82:

Yes you can get a tourist visa and no you cannot spend less than 10days as the rules on isolation have not yet changed.You should read earlier discussions on this thread.

Okay thanks....

How many minimum di u think...

And how many days will I be in isolation for....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brtrue: 10:31am On Aug 23, 2021
Hi all,

I am about to apply for a standard visitor visa for 14 days.

I have an account balance of N1.3m. My spouse takes care of household expenditure so I can say I don't have anyone depending on the funds.

I intend to spend approximately 900k on the trip to include return flight ticket, accommodation, feeding and transport.

Please, will this fly? Or should I look for family/friend to sponsor my accommodation so as to lower the cost?

TIA
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 10:43am On Aug 23, 2021
FKBZ:

Okay thanks....

Yo do the minimum of doing some research. People can't do the basics for you.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:09am On Aug 23, 2021
Brtrue:
Hi all,
I am about to apply for a standard visitor visa for 14 days.
I have an account balance of N1.3m. My spouse takes care of household expenditure so I can say I don't have anyone depending on the funds.
I intend to spend approximately 900k on the trip to include return flight ticket, accommodation, feeding and transport.
Please, will this fly? Or should I look for family/friend to sponsor my accommodation so as to lower the cost?
TIA
To give an opinion whether your budget is reasonable will be impossible without knowing how much you earn monthly and your disposable income after subtraction of monthly expenditure. If you are not declaring any financial expenditure, good.. but remember your bank statement will be looked at... so also hope it is same way on paper.
I have seen declarations as little as 15k before .. so just relay your situation as it is to them as this question is asked on the visa form.
These will then be used as part of assessment of financial credibility. Then after this, try to relate this budget with acct balance.
It is not judged by account balance in the first go.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brtrue: 11:20am On Aug 23, 2021
giselle237:

To give an opinion whether your budget is reasonable will be impossible without knowing how much you earn monthly and your disposable income after subtraction of monthly expenditure. If you are not declaring any financial expenditure, good.. but remember your bank statement will be looked at... so also hope it is same way on paper.
I have seen declarations as little as 15k before .. so just relay your situation as it is to them as this question is asked on the visa form.
These will then be used as part of assessment of financial credibility. Then after this, try to relate this budget with acct balance.
It is not judged by account balance in the first go.

Thank you for the input.
A total of 340,000 enters my account on a monthly basis.

This is the breakdown:
Salary 120,000
Additional income(part time work) 100,000
Allowance ( transferred by spouse monthly) 120,000

Average monthly expenditure is 170000 except for a month or two (I can explain this).

So in the real sense, I spend about 50,000 out of the 220,000 (salary+extra income) while my spouse contributes majority of household expenses(120,000)

Please, advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 12:03pm On Aug 23, 2021
Is this total 340 or 440?
Brtrue:

Thank you for the input.
A total of 440,000 enters my account on a monthly basis.
This is the breakdown:
Salary 120,000
Additional income(part time work) 100,000
Allowance ( transferred by spouse monthly) 120,000
Average monthly expenditure is 170000 except for a month or two (I can explain this).
So in the real sense, I spend about 50,000 out of the 220,000 (salary+extra income) while my spouse contributes majority of household expenses(120,000)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 12:11pm On Aug 23, 2021
So sorry I feel your pain.
Please use Boots it's better and faster than expected.

Nchabuomo:

Try Express test or use boots
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brtrue: 12:27pm On Aug 23, 2021
giselle237:
Is this total 340 or 440?

Sorry, 340. Previous post modified.

So, when they say expenditure should not be more than 2 times disposable income, do they mean everything including tickets cost or just living expense?

Apologies for the many questions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 12:43pm On Aug 23, 2021
So after the 340, you subtract about 170k monthly leaving u with disposable income of 170k.
Ok
It is safest to keep your travel budget within two times your disposable income.
I am not an expert but what is the reason for travel?
How long have you been working in your current employment?
Any travel history?
Do you have documentation for this other part time work to ascertain your claims on it?
Do you have kids?
Do you have any property/investment/stocks etc
These are only a few examples of things your papers tht will be submitted should be ready to explain to the visa officer.
Brtrue:

Sorry, 340. Previous post modified.
So, when they say expenditure should not be more than 2 times disposable income, do they mean everything including tickets cost or just living expense?
Apologies for the many questions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brtrue: 1:19pm On Aug 23, 2021
giselle237:
So after the 340, you subtract about 170k monthly leaving u with disposable income of 170k.
Ok
It is safest to keep your travel budget within two times your disposable income.
I am not an expert but what is the reason for travel?
How long have you been working in your current employment?
Any travel history?
Do you have documentation for this other part time work to ascertain your claims on it?
Do you have kids?
Do you have any property/investment/stocks etc
These are only a few examples of things your papers tht will be submitted should be ready to explain to the visa officer.

Thanks for taking out time to respond.

I will be traveling for an exam. No where else to do it outside UK.

Yes, I have travel history to more than one country. I never overstayed.

Current employment is about 10 months, I was working previously but took a 5 months break after delivery of my child.

Yes, I have two kids.

May be I should ask a friend to kindly do me a letter covering accommodation and feeding just to be safe? Or will that also pose issues?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 23, 2021
FKBZ:

Okay thanks....

I can’t think for you but you need 10 days for isolation please read the thread loads of people have spoken on this issue.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 1:58pm On Aug 23, 2021
You have a purpose then.
Make sure you include all the evidence and categorically state it in the additional info and anywhere else that there’s no other place to take this exam.

Brtrue:

Thanks for taking out time to respond.
I will be traveling for an exam. No where else to do it outside UK.
Yes, I have travel history to more than one country. I never overstayed.
Current employment is about 10 months, I was working previously but took a 5 months break after delivery of my child.
Yes, I have two kids.
May be I should ask a friend to kindly do me a letter covering accommodation and feeding just to be safe? Or will that also pose issues?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brtrue: 2:06pm On Aug 23, 2021
giselle237:
You have a purpose then.
Make sure you include all the evidence and categorically state it in the additional info and anywhere else that there’s no other place to take this exam.

Thank you very much. I will apply with all the evidence and hope for the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 2:43pm On Aug 23, 2021
Reduce your budget.
On the form you will not be asked the cost of each aspect of your trip
Brtrue:

Thank you very much. I will apply with all the evidence and hope for the best
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brtrue: 2:49pm On Aug 23, 2021
giselle237:
Reduce your budget.
On the form you will not be asked the cost of each aspect of your trip

Ok, I will work on it

(1) (2) (3) ... (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.