Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (562) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1438856 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Captaincool1(m): 9:22pm On Aug 24, 2021
Have anyone been invited for a tier2 visa interview (VAC)? If yes kindly brief me on questions asked. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rebless(m): 10:26pm On Aug 24, 2021
Nchabuomo:

I think you are right. I just had my schengen visa renewed and the accommodation reservation was cancelled even before my biometrics.

I think a good rule of thumb would be provide requested documents and also documents to substantiate any claims you make in your application.

By the way mate, which schengen country just issued seems most are not treating non essential Visa applications at the moment?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 10:36pm On Aug 24, 2021
rebless:

By the way mate, which schengen country just issued seems most are not treating non essential Visa applications at the moment?

France is issuing for frequent travellers (if you hold/held a visa to U.K, Canada, USA or schengen area).

France is also allowing fully vaccinated tourists in.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by olaoye15(m): 11:34pm On Aug 24, 2021
[quote author=giselle237 post=104915118]
You need to try to keep your budget within twice or 2.5 of your disposable income.
So remove your expenses from your income and then know what ur disposable income is.
Also make sure you state and write expressly your itinerary on your form. Each day write what you will be doing there.
Also you need to have a purpose of trip. It is not enough to say your uncle is inviting you or you are going to visit your uncle, the question is why.. so answer the why factor.
If this is your uncle try to show proof of relationship, establish this and then also get an invitation letter from him, his brp or british passport, his tenancy agreement and possibly account statement.
In the invitation letter, your uncle must expressly state who you are to him, that you are coming to his house, where you are coming to, for how long you will be there and that he is happy to provide such and such for you during this duration and that after this trip on so and so date you will be leavin the UK..
It helps if your sponsor could attach a bank statement even if for a few months to prove his financial capability to offer this. [/quote

Good though. But i still can't wrap my mind around the concept of Disposable income and how to aggregate it for my application.

For instance, if my monthly salary is 450,000 and my monthly expenses is 150,000, does that mean my disposable income is 300,000?

Then I have read In the thread that while applying, that it is safe to make wrap my travel budget not more than twice my disposable income. So can I say that, If I intend to travel for instance 15days, I should try as much as possible to peg my travel expenses in the region f 600,000?

Again, is it mandatory in submit a salary account of 6 month transaction history? Can a 4months Salary account be presented.

More still, assuming I am submitting my six months salary account, must I make it reflect that I am removing my monthly 150k expenses and leaving a disposable income of 300k for six months?

I will be looking forward to hearing from the respectable elders in the house. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kamkidin: 7:11am On Aug 25, 2021
Hello sir. Please my husband is about to submit and application for UK visa tier 2, theres a portion where asked on my own form as dependent "if I have been denied visa before" yes...I can not remember the exact reason why I was refused either family ties/insufficient balance"

My question is, should I just give the two /either reasons or I should just say I can not remember.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by owenjegede: 7:54am On Aug 25, 2021
Guys, please when is the best to get a free date ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:37am On Aug 25, 2021
Kamkidin:

Hello sir. Please my husband is about to submit and application for UK visa tier 2, theres a portion where asked on my own form as dependent "if I have been denied visa before" yes...I can not remember the exact reason why I was refused either family ties/insufficient balance"
My question is, should I just give the two /either reasons or I should just say I can not remember.
state the month and year and say what you can remember
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by olaoye15(m): 8:39am On Aug 25, 2021
Good Morning Good People Here. i still can't wrap my mind around the concept of Disposable income and how to aggregate it for my application.

For instance, if my monthly salary is 450,000 and my monthly expenses is 150,000, does that mean my disposable income is 300,000?

Then I have read In the thread that while applying, that it is safe to make my travel budget not more than twice my disposable income. So can I say that, If I intend to travel for instance 15days, I should try as much as possible to peg my travel expenses in the region f 600,000?

Again, is it mandatory i submit a salary account of 6 month transaction history? Can a 4months Salary account be presented.

More still, assuming I am submitting my six months salary account, must I make it reflect that I am removing my monthly 150k expenses and leaving a disposable income of 300k for six months?

Do you advise a make the account strictly salary and nothing more? That is, i should nor use it for nothing more that Salary account in order to make it's less cumbersome for the VO?

Then, how to I estimate my tourism travel budget to revolve around 600k?

I will be looking forward to hearing from the respectable elders in the house. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:40am On Aug 25, 2021
[quote author=olaoye15 post=105149087][/quote] yes 300k is your disposable income.
About the statement some ppl have said they have used a 4 month bank statement but if this is your first ever uk visa application, I wouldn't advise you on such.
About your disposable income leaving your account, you are not a robot so definitely lump sums of 150k at once can not be goin out as if it is a routine. The question is asked to give the officer treating your account an idea of your living situation as evidenced by what is on your bank statement.
You do not need to do any estimate. The visa form does not ask how much you are spending on anything, it only asks how much is your budget for the trip.
Yes also you can make the work less cumbersome for the officer by using your salary acct strictly for what it is.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ifeoluwasegun(m): 8:43am On Aug 25, 2021
Hello,
Thanks for great inputs here.

My sister was just denied a UK visa, but the main thing is that she's not gotten her passport back, she didnt pay for courier while scheduling the appointment and have not been able to do that.
Can anyone please give contact or TLS Ikeja office or give advice on how to go about this.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 10:03am On Aug 25, 2021
PLease House who Apply from 2nd to 5th August, have you get response from the Embassy?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by poshemmanuel(m): 10:22am On Aug 25, 2021
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by anelsta: 10:46am On Aug 25, 2021
she wil get the passport soon, she should check by friday, at most monday because am sure it was the mail refusal she got.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by anelsta: 10:46am On Aug 25, 2021
she will get the passport soon, she should check by friday, at most monday because am sure it was the mail refusal she got.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:47am On Aug 25, 2021
poshemmanuel:
I need answers please guys can a visa application be denied because of
submitting red background passport instead of white
background passport?
The UK embassy does not ask for hard copy passport picture, whether blue, green, burnt orange or cockroach brown background.
They take your photograph when you go for biometrics.

7 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 11:04am On Aug 25, 2021
poshemmanuel:
I need answers please guys

can a visa application be denied because of
submitting red background passport instead of white
background passport?

Why are you asking this question everywhere?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by olaoye15(m): 11:16am On Aug 25, 2021
giselle237:
yes 300k is your disposable income.
About the statement some ppl have said they have used a 4 month bank statement but if this is your first ever uk visa application, I wouldn't advise you on such.
About your disposable income leaving your account, you are not a robot so definitely lump sums of 150k at once can not be goin out as if it is a routine. The question is asked to give the officer treating your account an idea of your living situation as evidenced by what is on your bank statement.
You do not need to do any estimate. The visa form does not ask how much you are spending on anything, it only asks how much is your budget for the trip.
Yes also you can make the work less cumbersome for the officer by using your salary acct strictly for what it is.

Thank you for your reply. Very apt abs informative. I owe this thread a gratitude when I get my visa.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by patwolex(m): 11:32am On Aug 25, 2021
If i want to apply for a UK student visa this year Nov 2021 as against Jan 2021 admission, but my passport will expire Dec 2022...13 months after I applied at the embassy....can I still use it? Or it's not advisable...
In a nutshell, can U.K embassy stamp a two year visa on a passport that will expire just in a year's time? Pls I need ur sincere advice and guidance on this urgently.....thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by poshemmanuel(m): 12:02pm On Aug 25, 2021
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 12:14pm On Aug 25, 2021
poshemmanuel:

What about the Portugal embassy?

the people here are going to UK

Try asking those going to Portugal- https://www.nairaland.com/1839337/anyone-studying-portugal/44

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 12:16pm On Aug 25, 2021
patwolex:
If i want to apply for a UK student visa this year Nov 2021 as against Jan 2021 admission, but my passport will expire Dec 2022...13 months after I applied at the embassy....can I still use it? Or it's not advisable...
In a nutshell, can U.K embassy stamp a two year visa on a passport that will expire just in a year's time? Pls I need ur sincere advice and guidance on this urgently.....thanks
you can use it. Your whole visa duration will not be stamped on your passport as a student. Only 3 months will be on it, your permit card will carry the whole duration. In a nutshell, you do not need a new passport at this time.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by indie22(f): 2:08pm On Aug 25, 2021
Hello house,

I'm really thanful i stumbled on this thread, keep up the good work guys!

I'm in the process of applying for a UK visa, 2 weeks vacation in November. I work full time and have been in thesame employment since 2015,
my net pay is about N400k and i have N700k (bank) and 1500USD (home) saved

My question is; I want to put in my visa application next week and would need to print my statement of account on Monday....would it make sense for me to change my usd into naira and pay into my account before i print my statement or how else can i let the visa officer know i have the usd without paying it into my account (Honestly, i'd rather hold on to the usd to use on my trip if the visa is approved)

Can someone here help pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by realmarysamuel(f): 2:54pm On Aug 25, 2021
Good day @Giselle237. I sent an email to you.
giselle237:
yes 300k is your disposable income.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 5:03pm On Aug 25, 2021
reach me here, thank youuu
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fazfunms: 5:06pm On Aug 25, 2021
Hello,

I need some clarifications on the Uk visa form. My sister in law recently moved to the Uk for her studies. My brother goes from time to time but he does not live there. The part of the form that states “do you know anyone in the UK”. I know I need to state yes. Do I need any documents from her? I live in Canada and will be sponsoring myself and will only visit her and the kids. I would be staying in a rented apartment with my sister (we would be traveling together).

Do I need to include any documents from her or my brother considering the fact that we wouldn’t be staying with them?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rosaparks: 5:18pm On Aug 25, 2021
Hello, please does anyone here know the regulations for travelling to Nigeria as a fully vaccinated Nigerian? Checked out the protocols on https://nitp.ncdc.gov.ng/onboarding/guidelines but there was no mention of vaccinated travellers. Do I still need to undergo quarantine if I travel to Nigeria with proof of complete covid-19 vaccination?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by djbaju(m): 5:21pm On Aug 25, 2021
Good evening house, I heard if i purchase ticket from KLM going to UK, i will still need a transit visa when i have a stop over, i think this is more stress for me cos i dont know how to go about this, can someone please advise the best way to get a ticket avoiding all of these issues? God bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 5:40pm On Aug 25, 2021
djbaju:
Good evening house, I heard if i purchase ticket from KLM going to UK, i will still need a transit visa when i have a stop over, i think this is more stress for me cos i dont know how to go about this, can someone please advise the best way to get a ticket avoiding all of these issues? God bless.

BA/Royal Air Maroc/ Egypt Air too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 5:40pm On Aug 25, 2021
rosaparks:
Hello, please does anyone here know the regulations for travelling to Nigeria as a fully vaccinated Nigerian? Checked out the protocols on https://nitp.ncdc.gov.ng/onboarding/guidelines but there was no mention of vaccinated travellers. Do I still need to undergo quarantine if I travel to Nigeria with proof of complete covid-19 vaccination?

Yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 5:41pm On Aug 25, 2021
Fazfunms:
Hello,

I need some clarifications on the Uk visa form. My sister in law recently moved to the Uk for her studies. My brother goes from time to time but he does not live there. The part of the form that states “do you know anyone in the UK”. I know I need to state yes. Do I need any documents from her? I live in Canada and will be sponsoring myself and will only visit her and the kids. I would be staying in a rented apartment with my sister (we would be traveling together).

Do I need to include any documents from her or my brother considering the fact that we wouldn’t be staying with them?

Just her passport number
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by esdajo: 5:47pm On Aug 25, 2021
Hi everyone,

I was refused a U.K visitor's visa in July when I applied from Germany as I am a graduate student there and one of the reasons was because I indicated I only wanted to spend 4 days in the U.K, not minding the 10 days quarantine period. The other reason was with a large deposit in my German bank account.

Now I want to reapply from Nigeria in September since I am home on holidays. I have prepared a cover letter addressing all three concerns of the ECO regarding my previous application with evidence to back up each point I made. Secondly, I have tons of documents ranging from property ownership documents to business related documents such as bills of lading, payment receipts, etc as I own an importation business here and also school fees receipts for my kids, their birth certificates and my academic and professional credentials as well. My questions are as follows:

1. Are there limits to what documents I can submit at the VAC on the day of my appointment? As the documents I have gathered so far are up to 40 pages and more are still to come. Is this acceptable?

2. I move monies between my personal and business accounts as payments are sometimes made into my personal account from where I transfer back to my business account which is solely operated by me. I made reference to this in my cover letter together with proof of being the sole operator of both accounts, most especially the business account with proof of a check (front and back) I issued and signed alone moving some money into my personal account from my business account. I intend to submit both bank statements so they can see the movements of monies between both accounts. Is it okay this way?

3. Do I also need to go get a tax clearance certificate to add to the list of documents I will be submitting or can I do away with that? I was told by an agent that I don't need it. How true is this?

Please, I need your imputs as it would go a long way in helping me do it right this time around.

Lest I forget. I have been to the U.S twice in the past without overstaying and been living in Germany for over 6 years. I only visit home to spend time with my family as most of my trips are to Nigeria as indicated on the entry/exit stamps on my passport pages, both old and the new one.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Adebayo82: 5:51pm On Aug 25, 2021
Your application for a visit visa to the United Kingdom has been refused.
What this means for you
Any future UK visa applications you make will be considered on their individual merits, however, you are likely to be refused unless the circumstances of your application change.
In relation to this decision, there is no right of appeal or right to administrative review.
The reasons for this decision are set out on the next page.
Yours sincerely,
RJK/ECO
UKVI, New Delhi

REASONS FOR REFUSAL NRA v 1.0
You have applied for a visa to visit the UK.
In deciding whether you meet the requirements of Appendix V: of the Immigration Rules for visitors (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-v-visitor-rules), I have considered:
• your application and any additional relevant information you have provided with it
• your immigration history
The decision
I have refused your application for a visit visa because I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph V4.2 or V4.3 of Appendix V because:
• You have applied to travel to the UK for 14 days for tourism. In order to assess your application, I need to consider your current circumstances in Nigeria as part of an overall assessment of your application and intentions in the UK. On this occasion, I am not satisfied you meet all the requirements of the immigration rules because:

You have stated on your visa application form that your trip to the UK will be self-financed at a personal cost of 958740.00 NGN (£1,623.67on www.oanda.com at an exchange rate of £1 = 582.823 NGN on 31st May 2021). You state that you are self-employed as a “ Engineer” with a monthly income of 530000.00
• NGN (£897.57). You state that you also have savings of £4,000 In support of your application, you have kindly provided personal bank statements; employment letters and your contract; wage slips; a covering letter with your travel itinerary; and a hotel reservation. However, while I note that your bank statement shows salary deposits, the amounts differ from the figure you have specified as your monthly income. In addition, there are other unexplained deposits into the account and the source of these funds is not clear. For example, on 27th February 2021 a deposit of 600,000 NGN (£1,016.13) was made into the account, though the source of these additional deposits is not clear. Given this, the source of the additional funds shown in your personal financial documents are not clear and as a result, I am not satisfied your circumstances are as stated.

• Given that I am not satisfied your personal and financial circumstances are as declared, I am also not satisfied that you have demonstrated your personal or economic ties to Nigeria. Given this I am not satisfied your duration and intention of travel are as stated by you on your visa application form.

• Given all of the above, I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry to the UK as a visitor, or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your proposed visit. Your application is therefore refused under paragraphs V4.2 (a) and (c) of Appendix V.

(1) (2) (3) ... (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.