Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1443771 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mzzcommy: 2:22pm On Aug 08, 2019
Congratulations!!!

Watermark:
Pick up my application and i was granted entry. Have been a silent reader, had just even created the account to complain initially, but thank God for everything and Thanks to Nairaland, its team and everyone who has contributed selflessly. God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nomad26: 2:48pm On Aug 08, 2019
So I believe the most important thing is to provide proof that you will return to Nigeria. In my brother's case, he has no assets (land, house, etc) so the biggest tie he has to Nigeria is his job. He works in a bank and earns about 250K monthly. Even though I was sponsoring his visit, we submitted his payslips and bank statement (balance of about 500K).

In his cover letter, I made sure that he wrote a bit about his job and how passionate he is about it (so that visa officer will not think that he will abandon his job) and how much he earns. He also has a car loan from his employer, which he mentioned in the letter and attached the offer letter as proof.

In my invitation letter, I stated that I was sponsoring his trip because he works too much and hasn't taken a holiday since he started working (which is true) and I want him to visit me, that I can comfortably afford it and also because he is my baby brother. I also mentioned the fact that my parents visited last year and went back to Nigeria after their visit.

In short, my aim was to prove that he has a life in Nigeria to return to and I think I was able to successfully do that. See full list of documents we submitted here: https://www.nairaland.com/5233246/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part/47#80750533

One thing to mention is that I received a call from UKVI asking me if I am inviting anyone, the person's name & relationship to me, where he works and his job title, how much I am sponsoring and how long is the visit. He got his visa a few days later.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your application!

toperino:
How do I go about this, I might be in this situation.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nomad26: 2:49pm On Aug 08, 2019
Visit visa & vacation (2weeks)
justwise:

What sort of visa and what is the purpose of the trip to the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nomad26: 2:52pm On Aug 08, 2019
where did you get this from? Please provide official link to back this up. I am on work visa and have invited a friend (she's a student in US) to visit and she got her visa.
cc: Kennyace1
Victor4visahelp:

Does the person inviting you have UK residence permit like settlement or indefinite? A student or working permit holder can’t really invite unless it’s family or graduation related.

Use both accounts

Get every doc he can provide you e.g
Passport data page
His UK residence permit copy
Water gas mobile electricity bills (optional)
IV from him stating reason he’s inviting you
Work docs like payslips
Bank statement

The flag on your application would be you are applying from another country which it’s not your country. So Give the ECO reason you must complete your course in SA and why you studying there, give a very genuine reason why you wanna visit UK while studying in SA and why you can’t wait to return to your country to apply to visit UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 08, 2019
How can I get the phone number or the email address to call the ukvi. My leave is already 8days gone
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NanaOne1: 3:50pm On Aug 08, 2019
I did self upload for a family of three. I was the sole sponsor so I uploaded my documents to each application.

Babyface6:
Hello,

Please has anyone tried to do the Self Service application for a Family? Is it possible? Or do I need to make the submission at the TLS office?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 3:55pm On Aug 08, 2019
Kennyace1:

I should be getting his Work Permit Visa, his Utility bill, his Tax invoice/letter and also proof of residence. I appreciate your contributions.
Those documents will help your application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 3:57pm On Aug 08, 2019
cuttiee:

Yes @justwise, my company will be covering all expense.
I have all evidence of employment and will provide my 6months payslip and salary account. But the question I earlier asked was that,
1. my company pays salary using 2 diff accts cos they merged hence salary is paid either from the 2 accounts. Is this a problem?

2. Will I be better applying while sponsoring myself though the company will still reimburse me or should my company pay the training fee using the company’s main account rather than using mine personally?

3.Training fee is about 250,000.Should we pay and attach as evidence while applying or not?

Thank you

You should not get involved with your money, let your company make the payment with their account and pay yes you can pay for the training and attach payment receipts . You also need a letter from your company

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 3:58pm On Aug 08, 2019
Victor4visahelp:

Does the person inviting you have UK residence permit like settlement or indefinite? A student or working permit holder can’t really invite unless it’s family or graduation related.

Use both accounts

Get every doc he can provide you e.g
Passport data page
His UK residence permit copy
Water gas mobile electricity bills (optional)
IV from him stating reason he’s inviting you
Work docs like payslips
Bank statement

The flag on your application would be you are applying from another country which it’s not your country. So Give the ECO reason you must complete your course in SA and why you studying there, give a very genuine reason why you wanna visit UK while studying in SA and why you can’t wait to return to your country to apply to visit UK.

This is false

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Newsolutions: 5:04pm On Aug 08, 2019
Biometrics; 15th of July
Application Concluded email: 7th of August

Waiting TLS email

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 08, 2019
nomad26:
where did you get this from? Please provide official link to back this up. I am on work visa and have invited a friend (she's a student in US) to visit and she got her visa.
cc: Kennyace1

Hi Bro, i will appreciate it if you can enlighten me more on how you went about it.., And did you also attach your payslip and bank statement for the friend you mentioned. Gracias
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 7:23pm On Aug 08, 2019
Hello house.... Please has anyone use his or her ATM card to make UK visit visa payment? Please help with the process. Many thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ramj: 7:27pm On Aug 08, 2019
Evening house

MIL had her Biometrics since June 26th and yet nothing since.

Whooping 43 days after nothing yet UKVI you na weldone oo

Je m'appelle Ramj
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 7:29pm On Aug 08, 2019
And is it possible to present your naira ATM card at the POE in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 7:30pm On Aug 08, 2019
Ramj:
Evening house

MIL had her Biometrics since June 26th and yet nothing since.

Whooping 43 days after nothing yet UKVI you na weldone oo

Je m'appelle Ramj

You should email them na.... They will reply within the space of two working days... It cost about 2k to email
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ramj: 7:36pm On Aug 08, 2019
Justblow:
And is it possible to present your naira ATM card at the POE in the UK?

IMO hold sufficient cash or present a statement dated a day before travel . ATM alone is no proof.

Cash at hand the best option

Je m'appelle Ramj
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ramj: 7:36pm On Aug 08, 2019
Justblow:

You should email them na.... They will reply within the space of two working days... It cost about 2k to email

Would do jare but its just all part of the big scamming cycle... hehehehehe

I no get their time yet

Je m'appelle Ramj
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kelvinboj: 7:41pm On Aug 08, 2019
Good evening everyone
Please am asking this on behalf of a cuz.
After winning a UK settlement visa appeal how long does it take to get the paperwork to submit alongside passport?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by obaxlove(m): 8:37pm On Aug 08, 2019
Please can anyone confirm if this is true?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cuttiee(f): 8:55pm On Aug 08, 2019
T
justwise:

You should not get involved with your money, let your company make the payment with their account and pay yes you can pay for the training and attach payment receipts . You also need a letter from your company

Thank you. I will do as stated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by newman1: 11:22pm On Aug 08, 2019
My timeline, record breaking
Biometrics june 13
Application concluded July 15
Till date no communication from TLS
I have lost interest in their visa and just want my passport back.
UK is not the only place in the world to travel to
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dlaw6578: 1:21am On Aug 09, 2019
Good day house.... Is it possible for me to add to what I have uploaded after I click done?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 4:29am On Aug 09, 2019
kelvinboj:
Good evening everyone
Please am asking this on behalf of a cuz.
After winning a UK settlement visa appeal how long does it take to get the paperwork to submit alongside passport?

Kindly ask your question on this link. You will get a better answer. UK spouse visa/Appeal process

https://www.nairaland.com/823869/uk-spouse-visa-appeal-process-part2
UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel - Nigeria - Nairaland ...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:42am On Aug 09, 2019
Good morning fam
I've just retrieved my passport with my UK entry visa stamped into it. However, the visa commences on the 14th of September, 2019.
This is my first international travel. I hope it is okay to book for flight that leaves Nigeria on 13th and arrives London on 14th. I no want make my 300k enter voicemail abeg.
Please advise. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 6:21am On Aug 09, 2019
eSlayer:
Good morning fam
I've just retrieved my passport with my UK entry visa stamped into it. However, the visa commences on the 14th of September, 2019.
This is my first international travel. I hope it is okay to book for flight that leaves Nigeria on 13th and arrives London on 14th.I no want make my 300k enter voicemail abeg.
Please advise. Thanks.

That information there is clear so why do you want to go against that?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 7:01am On Aug 09, 2019
justwise:

That information there is clear so why do you want to go against that?

Please clear this, are you saying it is wrong to leave Nigeria a day ahead? my question is, is it not possible to fly emirates on 13th, then connect from Dubai to London on 14th? Please educate me. Many thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by knighteengale: 7:16am On Aug 09, 2019
Justblow:

Please clear this, are you saying it is wrong to leave Nigeria a day ahead? my question is, is it not possible to fly emirates on 13th, then connect from Dubai to London on 14th? Please educate me. Many thanks

Start all your journey on or after 14th of September. Don't let greediness set in. You don't have to spend all the days of your Visa period in the UK. Please be guided.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:42am On Aug 09, 2019
Ur visa is not valid on or for 13th September oga sir
eSlayer:
Good morning fam
This is my first international travel. I hope it is okay to book for flight that leaves Nigeria on 13th and arrives London on 14th. I no want make my 300k enter voicemail abeg.
Please advise. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nielbaba(m): 9:02am On Aug 09, 2019
newman1:
My timeline, record breaking
Biometrics june 13
Application concluded July 15
Till date no communication from TLS
I have lost interest in their visa and just want my passport back.
UK is not the only place in the world to travel to
same here , ive lost intrest already , my leave is 7days gone , already book flight for my fiance to come over
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 09, 2019
eSlayer:
Good morning fam
Please advise. Thanks.

You can only travel from 14th September, anyways they won’t check you in at Naija airport on 13th and you would have to pay to rebook your ticket

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nomad26: 10:49am On Aug 09, 2019
Yes it's possible to add after you click Done, it will take you back to the previous page and you can go back as many times as you want. It is only if you click 'Submit' that you won't be able to change or add anything.
Dlaw6578:
Good day house.... Is it possible for me to add to what I have uploaded after I click done?

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.