Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,128 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1445325 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fiwakewa: 11:41pm On Aug 06, 2019
Watch Uk boader tv on YouTube
ibrocoast:
@mr. ekpotek and Mr justwise et'al..... Pls I'm just curious about this... Im suppose to travel by this Aug but due to flight fee, I'm planning to change it to sept. Though I'm going for vacation. Hope that won't pose any query that will leads to access denied to enter the UK at the POE..
Should I go along with letter from my organization for the change of my leave?
Anyone with such experience should share.
Pls ur response is paramount.

Another question. Is there any thread for UK poe on nairaland?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by toperino: 4:21am On Aug 07, 2019
Good Morning My Dear Oga's @justwise and @ekpotek,

I wish to apply for a UK visit visa in September, I earn 155k and my sister will be sponsoring my whole trip.

What amount can I declare for the trip on my side?
I have large debits compared to credits which is also high, will it be a problem?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 6:00am On Aug 07, 2019
toperino:
Good Morning My Dear Oga's @justwise and @ekpotek,

I wish to apply for a UK visit visa in September, I earn 155k and my sister will be sponsoring my whole trip.

What amount can I declare for the trip on my side?
I have large debits compared to credits which is also high, will it be a problem?

Adult don't get sponsored for visit, she can only host you. It is children and over 65 that can be sponsored.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by toperino: 7:37am On Aug 07, 2019
Please if I assume to budget 300k for this trip, How can I share it since my expenses are being catered for?

Justblow:

Adult don't get sponsored for visit, she can only host you. It is children and over 65 that can be sponsored.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 7:56am On Aug 07, 2019
toperino:
Please if I assume to budget 300k for this trip, How can I share it since my expenses are being catered for?

What ever you do, do not spend more than twice your monthly disposable income.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oluayebenz: 8:19am On Aug 07, 2019
toperino:

How much is your salary and your closing balance ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mzzcommy: 9:49am On Aug 07, 2019
Hello Everyone, I received an email on Friday Morning From UKVI that my Application has been concluded and till now, I haven't received any mail from TLS... I even tried tracking my Application on their site and It hasn't been Transferred to VAC yet. It's still on Application Received by DMC...

What would be the reason pls? Please Assist... Thank You.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 9:59am On Aug 07, 2019
mzzcommy:
Hello Everyone, I received an email on Friday Morning From UKVI that my Application has been concluded and till now, I haven't received any mail from TLS... I even tried tracking my Application on their site and It hasn't been Transferred to VAC yet. It's still on Application Received by DMC...

Be patient... It will come Tru in the next 48hrs
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 07, 2019
Justblow:

Stop passing wrong message. Anyone can be sponsored regardless of age. If you don't know the rules, don't talk. Your sponsor should just have a valid reason why he wants to sponsor you.

Visa depends on several things. You can be sponsored if you have a good reason regardless of age. The visitor situation and the sponsor situation are both taken in consideration.

Many people of adult age have obtained visa when sponsored. Many children and old people have been rejected too. Visa is not a one way thing.

Stop misleading people.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mzzcommy: 10:17am On Aug 07, 2019
Thank You for your initial response... But it's past 48hours,Its 72hours now....

Since Friday morning? And That same Friday was exactly 15days I did the Biometrics and the tracking still says Application Received by DMC...

What might be the reason?
Justblow:

Be patient... It will come Tru in the next 48hrs
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jbloc: 10:24am On Aug 07, 2019
How do one sponsor a full grown working class adult to go on holiday? shocked It raises flags!

hosey:

Stop passing wrong message. Anyone can be sponsored regardless of age. If you don't know the rules, don't talk. Your sponsor should just have a valid reason why he wants to sponsor you.

Visa depends on several things. You can be sponsored if you have a good reason regardless of age. The visitor situation and the sponsor situation are both taken in consideration.

Many people of adult age have obtained visa when sponsored. Many children and old people have been rejected too. Visa is not a one way thing.

Stop misleading people.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nomad26: 10:39am On Aug 07, 2019
Not true. I sponsored my brother who is working as entry level staff and he got his visa. In fact, he had no previous travel history.
Justblow:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nomad26: 10:40am On Aug 07, 2019
Of course it raises flags but that's the point of including a detailed cover letter & invitation letter.
Jbloc:
How do one sponsor a full grown working class adult to go on holiday? shocked It raises flags!

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kaysus: 10:59am On Aug 07, 2019
Jbloc:

Try to understand the comment properly. What @hosey meant by "valid reason" most probably does not include "holiday". It is a more compelling set of circumstances which could be anything from family bereavement to the wedding of a close relative(ie siblings) or even just to take some exams.

The generalised comment that an adult of working age who can't afford it cannot be fully sponsored and get visa is wrong in my experience. It may be uncommon but it's not impossible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by toperino: 11:14am On Aug 07, 2019
My salary is 155k

Opening balance is 3 million

Closing balance is 1.1 million

oluayebenz:

How much is your salary and your closing balance ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by toperino: 11:17am On Aug 07, 2019
How do I go about this, I might be in this situation.

nomad26:
Of course it raises flags but that's the point of including a detailed cover letter & invitation letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Babyface6: 12:38pm On Aug 07, 2019
Hello,

Please has anyone tried to do the Self Service application for a Family? Is it possible? Or do I need to make the submission at the TLS office?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Menakay(m): 12:43pm On Aug 07, 2019
mzzcommy:

It takes up to a week before they transfer it to VAC.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Watermark: 1:04pm On Aug 07, 2019
mzzcommy:

when and where did you do your biometrics? Coz I'm facing similar issue. Did my biometrics on the 16th July, called ukvi yesterday and was told that my application has been concluded since Thursday last week, but till now I haven't heard anything from ukvi nor tls.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 2:47pm On Aug 07, 2019
hosey:

Stop misleading people.

The question that was asked was based on visit visa, you want to visit the UK and you working and some one wants to sponsor your holiday trip.... You will try o.

Moreover, my analysis was base on visit.... And you, whoever you are from your comment, you are very rude.

The platform is here to learn and share experience not to talk or reply to people's comment in a very rude manner. Life .... a little lesson of time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 07, 2019
Justblow:

The question that was asked was based on visit visa, you want to visit the UK and you working and some one wants to sponsor your holiday trip.... You will try o.

Moreover, my analysis was base on visit.... And you, whoever you are from your comment, you are very rude.

The platform is here to learn and share experience not to talk or reply to people's comment in a very rude manner. Life .... a little lesson of time.
You still dont want to accept. Stop giving people your misleading advice. You sounded authoritatively and it appears you are ignorant about UK visa laws.

You can sponsor a fully working class person if you have a valid reason to sponsor the person. They will ask you in the visa application, y do u want to visit? Y do you want to be fully sponsored? The way the visa people think is different. Give them valid reason with evidence; then you are good to go.

Many working class people have been fully sponsored for visit visa. You need to make your application convincing at your sponsor end and on your own end. You still need to have strong home ties, have considerable amount in your account, relationship evidence and many others.
Your sponsor evidence and documents should be up to date.

Stop misleading people. If you are not sure of something, put 'might'. Dont change the topic. You are wrong and your statement could have misguided people and lead them astray. Because we are in a faceless forum, that does not allow you to say what you are not certain about. Learn this life lesson.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 4:18pm On Aug 07, 2019
hosey:

You still dont want to accept. Stop giving people your misleading advice. You sounded authoritatively and it appears you are ignorant about UK visa laws.

You can sponsor a fully working class person if you have a valid reason to sponsor the person. They will ask you in the visa application, y do u want to visit? Y do you want to be fully sponsored? The way the visa people think is different. Give them valid reason with evidence; then you are good to go.

Many working class people have been fully sponsored for visit visa. You need to make your application convincing at your sponsor end and on your own end. You still need to have strong home ties, have considerable amount in your account, relationship evidence and many others.
Your sponsor evidence and documents should be up to date.

Stop misleading people. If you are not sure of something, put 'might'. Dont change the topic. You are wrong and your statement could have misguided people and lead them astray. Because we are in a faceless forum, that does not allow you to say what you are not certain about. Learn this life lesson.

Learn to use words..... No one is at war with you.... Mind your expression... How do you relate with people around you?.... Are you this bitter?.... People like you only see your chest....you can do better with expression.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 4:48pm On Aug 07, 2019
toperino:
My salary is 155k

Opening balance is 3 million

Closing balance is 1.1 million

Since your closing balance is 1.1M it is just enough for u to travel and still have more left in your account. Since you have this amount and working why not u take care of some of the budget by your self, then if you are going on invitation, the person inviting you takes care of accommodation and living expenses, with this u have cut down y buget. But your budget should not exceed two months of y salary.

If you are bugeting 300k as a tourist it is not enough.

Estimate:-
Flight fare return= 270k
The remaining money left is 30k which is £65 and this is not encouraging as a tourist. U should be thinking of a budget of atleast 400k excluding accommodation and living expenses. The remaining money after the flight deduction will be for shopping, transport fare to visit tourist attractions and money to hold for hand.

Since the budget of 400k is more than your two months salary, your sponsor might take care of your flight ticket and the rest of your estimate goes to living expenses and shopping.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 07, 2019
Justblow:

Learn to use words..... No one is at war with you.... Mind your expression... How do you relate with people around you?.... Are you this bitter?.... People like you only see your chest....you can do better with expression.
Boss. I dont have to argue with you. I have passed my message.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 5:37pm On Aug 07, 2019
please I feel budgets are subjective.

Every applicant should focus on making their cases solid, prove essentially your STRONG ties with Nigeria to the ECO and pray to God.
I don’t know about 300k travel budget.. that is low
Monmarri:

Since your closing balance is 1.1M it is just enough for u to travel and still have more left in your account. Since you have this amount and working why not u take care of some of the budget by your self, then if you are going on invitation, the person inviting you takes care of accommodation and living expenses, with this u have cut down y buget. But your budget should not exceed two months of y salary.

Flight fare return= 270k
The remaining money left is 30k which is £65 and this is not encouraging as a tourist. U should be thinking of a budget of atleast 400k excluding accommodation and living expenses. The remaining money after the flight deduction will be for shopping, transport fare to visit tourist attractions and money to hold for hand.

Since the budget of 400k is more than your two months salary, your sponsor might take care of your flight ticket and the rest of your estimate goes to living expenses and shopping.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 7:15pm On Aug 07, 2019
giselle237:
please I feel budgets are subjective.

Every applicant should focus on making their cases solid, prove essentially your STRONG ties with Nigeria to the ECO and pray to God.
I don’t know about 300k travel budget.. that is low

My dear balancing the both is very important, especially the financial aspect. Even if you have all the solid ties here in Nigeria and you did not make available sufficient budget for your trip, ECO will refuse your application. The fianance requirement is very important and if one is not very careful and calculative on it , the person gets straight refusal. The poster is concerned about the budget. The ties can be job or family or money, e.g pension money. which he can explain in the cover letter. Many have gotten visa with just their job as tie. All one need to focus on is convincing the ECO that you will definitely return back to your own country after your vacation is over, because you respect immigration laws and will not like to leave your good job and family and stay as illegal immigrant in the UK. This alone have convinced the ECO.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mzzcommy: 7:23pm On Aug 07, 2019
Did my Biometrics on the 12th of July... TLS Abuja....

Watermark:
when and where did you do your biometrics? Coz I'm facing similar issue. Did my biometrics on the 16th July, called ukvi yesterday and was told that my application has been concluded since Thursday last week, but till now I haven't heard anything from ukvi nor tls.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:29pm On Aug 07, 2019
you said minimum every one should budget is 400k excluding accommodation and living expenses... hmmm
So by the time we add accommodation and living expenses how much will be evry one’s travel budget... maybe 600k ... hmmmm
Monmarri:

My dear balancing the both is very important, especially the financial aspect. Even if you have all the solid ties here in Nigeria and you did not make available sufficient budget for your trip, ECO will refuse your application. The fianance requirement is very important and if one is not very careful and calculative on it , the person gets straight refusal. The poster is concerned about the budget. The ties can be job or family or money, e.g pension money. which he can explain in the cover letter. Many have gotten visa with just their job as tie. All one need to focus on is convincing the ECO that you will definitely return back to your own country after your vacation is over, because you respect immigration laws and will not like to leave your good job and family and stay as illegal immigrant in the UK. This alone have convinced the ECO.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by toperino: 7:47pm On Aug 07, 2019
How much would be fair for me to budget living expenses and ticket?

Monmarri:

Flight fare return= 270k

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 07, 2019
mzzcommy:

hello ogas,
i am in the same situation, i received "concluded" email from UKVI on 29th July Monday and till now i have not heard anything from them. TLS is unable to provide any information. ultimately today have written an inquiry to UKVI on this issue of delay.
i did my bio-metric on 15th July at Lago-V.I.

please do update your status if you hear anything from them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.