Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (586) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1452003 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by LtColOscarIbibo: 11:36am On Sep 18, 2021
RTsulyman:
Hi LtColOscarIbibo ,

Please I would like to know how you were able to secure a job as a skilled worker. What does it entails? My husband has been trying to get a hang of it .
Advice, tips and recommendations will be highly appreciated.�

He is a graphics designer with commendable years of experience and expertise. Graphics designing is listed among the shortage occupation. So that's why we're really considering going through the skilled worker route.

Hi, sorry I am responding so late to this.

I was already in the UK studying before I applied for jobs here, but that doesn't mean you can't apply from Nigeria given you have mentioned your husband's job is on the shortage list. I have a few questions firstly:

Are you guys currently in the UK or back home?

Have you searched/applied for any jobs in the UK and gotten positive or negative feedback?

Have you searched for companies in that profession who may be able to sponsor skilled workers from overseas?

I'm asking these as the skilled worker visa has to be sponsored by an eligible employer, just like Tier 2.

Let's start here first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kenyangirl1: 6:24pm On Sep 18, 2021
Hi everyone,

My bf (British citizen) would like to invite me over to the UK for a short visit now that we are finally off the red list (I am Kenyan).

We met while I was studying for my Master's in the UK back in 2019. He visited me twice last year after I came back home.

I am currently employed full time and will be funding the trip myself/responsible for my own finances. He will only be hosting/accomodating me at his flat for the duration of the trip.

So far, he has put together the following documentation:

1. Passport bio page
2. Letter from his employer
3. Tenancy Agreement
4. Water, electric, internet and council tax bills
5. Bank statements for the past 3 months
6. Pay slips for the past 3 months
7. Evidence of relationship (photos, chats, flight tickets etc)
8. Invitation letter

Are 3 months' worth of bank statements sufficient or would he require more or less?

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 7:16pm On Sep 18, 2021
Hello house,

Please I have been trying to get a reservation on booking a flight without paying for now, I have tried Booking.com, agoda.com all are asking for payment.
Please anymore with idea on how to get this done without paying now. I appreciate your help.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 18, 2021
Kenyangirl1:
Hi everyone,

My bf (British citizen) would like to invite me over to the UK for a short visit now that we are finally off the red list (I am Kenyan).

We met while I was studying for my Master's in the UK back in 2019. He visited me twice last year after I came back home.

I am currently employed full time and will be funding the trip myself/responsible for my own finances. He will only be hosting/accomodating me at his flat for the duration of the trip.

So far, he has put together the following documentation:

1. Passport bio page
2. Letter from his employer
3. Tenancy Agreement
4. Water, electric, internet and council tax bills
5. Bank statements for the past 3 months
6. Pay slips for the past 3 months
7. Evidence of relationship (photos, chats, flight tickets etc)
8. Invitation letter

Are 3 months' worth of bank statements sufficient or would he require more or less?

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Hello,3-6 months worth of bank statement is sufficient.
Phone/internet bills do not meet the requirement.However,you have water,Electric and council Tax which should suffice.
P60 is optional but if he has a copy add that as well since it comes straight from hrmc.
Best wishes.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 18, 2021
achmed1:

Funny
More careless than funny in these days of human trafficking and drug mules.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kenyangirl1: 10:23pm On Sep 18, 2021
Tutu82:

Hello,3-6 months worth of bank statement is sufficient.
Phone/internet bills do not meet the requirement.However,you have water,Electric and council Tax which should suffice.
P60 is optional but if he has a copy add that as well since it comes straight from hrmc.
Best wishes.

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it. I had initially been advised that bank statements were not necessary as I am covering the cost of the trip myself. Better to err on the side of caution.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 18, 2021
Kenyangirl1:

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it. I had initially been advised that bank statements were not necessary as I am covering the cost of the trip myself. Better to err on the side of caution.
Well you are sponsoring yourself but he will be catering to some of your needs so adding his statement doesn’t hurt so yeah better to err on the side of caution like you’ve said.cheers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sherilycious: 2:01am On Sep 19, 2021
Is £2000 balance in the account okay for visa application to invite my mum for 2weeks visit. I will be in charge of all expenses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:59am On Sep 19, 2021
sherilycious:
Is £2000 balance in the account okay for visa application to invite my mum for 2weeks visit. I will be in charge of all expenses.
if you are fully sponsoring... then I think 2k is little.. because asides from your mum you will also provide for yourself +/- any dependents and will also need money to keep living when you mum leaves 2 wks later.
Up the account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jummiedel(f): 9:05am On Sep 19, 2021
xcaliber:
Can anybody help please?
There is a pin written on the envelope used to deliver the visa card. After that , go to first bank atm machine to change the previous pin to your desired new pin.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by PlanToSucceed: 9:38am On Sep 19, 2021
Tutu82:

Done.Have a good week and keep being good.x.

Thanks so much. I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Riahmah: 10:13am On Sep 19, 2021
Good morning everyone. Please I’ve a question and I’d really appreciate your response(s). I was supposed to travel this September but I’d to defer my admission till next year January due to some reasons but the issue now is that my TB test result expiry date is Dec 15 and my course start date is January 13. Can I still use this certificate to apply for visa before thé the expiry date (dec 15) knowing that it might expire before I get to the Uk. What do you suggest i do: get another Tb text done or use the other one like that since i would get visa before it expires but it might expire before I get to the uk. I’ll really appreciate your response. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 19, 2021
Riahmah:
Good morning everyone. Please I’ve a question and I’d really appreciate your response(s). I was supposed to travel this September but I’d to defer my admission till next year January due to some reasons but the issue now is that my TB test result expiry date is Dec 15 and my course start date is January 13. Can I still use this certificate to apply for visa before thé the expiry date (dec 15) knowing that it might expire before I get to the Uk. What do you suggest i do: get another Tb text done or use the other one like that since i would get visa before it expires but it might expire before I get to the uk. I’ll really appreciate your response. Thank you
By adding BUT it seems you have answered your own questions as you know it might be flagged up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Riahmah: 10:51am On Sep 19, 2021
Tutu82:

By adding BUT it seems you have answered your own questions as you know it might be flagged up.

Thank you for your response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Juddy2018: 11:34am On Sep 19, 2021
@Tutu82 please can I get a biometric date with TLScontact by next week Wednesday or Thursday if I opt for premium lounge service in Abuja. I want to pay by Thursday or Friday this week. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 19, 2021
Juddy2018:
@Tutu82 please can I get a biometric date with TLScontact by next week Wednesday or Thursday if I opt for premium lounge service in Abuja. I want to pay by Thursday or Friday this week. Thank you.
I would say no as you are not sure what day you are going to pay.Premium lounge is more of personalised attention with reduced queue not no queue these days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Juddy2018: 12:12pm On Sep 19, 2021
Tutu82:

I would say no as you are not sure what day you are going to pay.Premium lounge is more of personalised attention with reduced queue not no queue these days.
@ TuTu82, I haven't gotten my passport back, so if I get it before Thursday this week I can pay on Friday. So I don't know if I can get premium lounge date for my biometric next week Wednesday. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 19, 2021
Juddy2018:
@ TuTu82, I haven't gotten my passport back, so if I get it before Thursday this week I can pay on Friday. So I don't know if I can get premium lounge date for my biometric next week Wednesday. Thank you.
Wait for your passport thats step one as it may or may not come.Then take things from there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by feelgoodstuffs(m): 2:12pm On Sep 19, 2021
Good day house,

I’m considering using the Super priority service as there are no near available dates, the service cost a whooping £950 that’s over 700k shocked and they say application decision is made within 24hours.
my question is… is 24hours enough to make a decision on any application?
Has anyone here used the super priority service and was still denied visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mustyy: 2:22pm On Sep 19, 2021
Coming from Nigeria to attend a two weeks professional training, please do i need to quarantine for 10days even if fully vaccinated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 19, 2021
feelgoodstuffs:
Good day house,

I’m considering using the Super priority service as there are no near available dates, the service cost a whooping £950 that’s over 700k shocked and they say application decision is made within 24hours.
my question is… is 24hours enough to make a decision on any application?
Has anyone here used the super priority service and was still denied visa?
Super priority makes the application outcome very quick but your documentation will still be scrutinised according to the checklist to make sure you meet the requirements.This means you could be approved or refused like in a normal application.
Unless your travel is time constrained or medical for instance then that is a shitload of money to waste and Yes 24 hours is more than enough to make a decision.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DanWord(m): 4:27pm On Sep 19, 2021
Juddy2018:

I paid on Friday last week that 16 and I got Tuesday should have been Monday but my card wasnt connecting well. Yes you might get a spot on Monday but try to pay like say 5 to 7 am on Thursday or Friday to get a Monday date.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Juddy2018: 6:40pm On Sep 19, 2021
DanWord:

I paid on Friday last week that 16 and I got Tuesday should have been Monday but my card wasnt connecting well. Yes you might get a spot on Monday but try to pay like say 5 to 7 am on Thursday or Friday to get a Monday date.
@ okay thanks so much, just get relieved some how, let these people release my passport naah.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by slimchuks: 6:50pm On Sep 19, 2021
They are yet to return my passport also. what is the way forward please?

Juddy2018:
@ okay thanks so much, just get relieved some how, let these people release my passport naah.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Juddy2018: 7:26pm On Sep 19, 2021
slimchuks:
They are yet to return my passport also. what is the way forward please?

@Slimchucks, my I tire ooh, sent paid mail nothing. To call them from naija here is #400.00 per min. Sucking blood.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:19pm On Sep 19, 2021
mustyy:
Coming from Nigeria to attend a two weeks professional training, please do i need to quarantine for 10days even if fully vaccinated
fully vaccinated in Nigeria = unvaccinated.
You are mandated to quarantine and do day 2 and day 8 tests. If you want to come out earlier then it’ll be day 2, day 8 and day 5.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Theonlywan: 3:07am On Sep 20, 2021
Please who recently made payment for study visa, ihs and priority? I don't know the naira equivalent I'm supposed to have.

(1) (2) (3) ... (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.