Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,366 members, 7,836,479 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (588) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1456012 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 3:36am On Sep 22, 2021
imoniyi:
Good evening, I am trying to apply for masters online. Here is my issue, should I use the name on my passport/degree certificate (Imoleyo) which is a wrong spelling or I should use my actual name, Imoleayo? I am going to still do the affidavit though. I am confused on what name to use. On the school website, it’s written that I should use the exact name of my passport page, should I go ahead with it even if there’s a spelling error?
u are an intending international student and all your documentation and immigration hx will be linked to ur international passport. That is ur valid name. The school website had given u the answer. If at all there’s anythin u shud be doin, it shud be correction of data on international passport.
It’s like you do not understand the weight of international passport during travel.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by feelgoodstuffs(m): 7:25am On Sep 22, 2021
Jennifer92:
I applied for TLS biometric visa on the 10 priority visa still no mail from them am really worried and my school starts next week Monday

But I thought they said it’s just 5 days processing, maybe your application is not straightforward or have you been refused UK visa before?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by owenjegede: 7:29am On Sep 22, 2021
Please, how where you able to get endorsement for the global talent and what's your field?

GenoMI:
VISA ALERT

Applications submitted: 24th August 2021 (Family of 4), UK Global Talent

Could not get flexi appointment to go as a family so we got separate appointments for each person.

Biometric for me (principal applicant) and my spouse: 26th August 2021 (we had separate time slots - 8.30am and 12.30pm)

Biometric for child 1: 27th August 2021

Biometric for child 2: 31st August 2021

Submission type: Regular

No mail was sent for me (Principal applicant)

Application not-straightforward mail sent to my spouse: 14th September 2021

Application not-straightforward mail sent for 2 children: 16th September 2021

Collection mail (principal applicant): 16th September 2021

Passport Collected for principal applicant : 17th September 2021

Collection mail (hubby and kids): 20th September 2021

Passport Collected for hubby and 2 kids : 21st September 2021

Wishing everyone on this forum the best of luck. Thanks to you all here that gave guidelines and helpful information.

Godbless!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by feelgoodstuffs(m): 7:30am On Sep 22, 2021
Tutu82:

Super priority makes the application outcome very quick but your documentation will still be scrutinised according to the checklist to make sure you meet the requirements.This means you could be approved or refused like in a normal application.
Unless your travel is time constrained or medical for instance then that is a shitload of money to waste and Yes 24 hours is more than enough to make a decision.

Thanks for your reply.

Please I want to re-confirm this, I read somewhere here where someone said it is not necessary to go with all hard copy documents to VAC after uploading it online with self service.
So I can just go with:
1)Copy of my bio data page
2)Checklist
3)The confirmation page after all documents uploaded
were accepted
4)Appointment confirmation mail
5)My passport.

Is that it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 9:03am On Sep 22, 2021
Yes

feelgoodstuffs:

Thanks for your reply.

Please I want to re-confirm this, I read somewhere here where someone said it is not necessary to go with all hard copy documents to VAC after uploading it online with self service.
So I can just go with:
1)Copy of my bio data page
2)Checklist
3)The confirmation page after all documents uploaded
were accepted
4)Appointment confirmation mail
5)My passport.

Is that it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 9:03am On Sep 22, 2021
GenoMI:
VISA ALERT

Applications submitted: 24th August 2021 (Family of 4), UK Global Talent

Could not get flexi appointment to go as a family so we got separate appointments for each person.

Biometric for me (principal applicant) and my spouse: 26th August 2021 (we had separate time slots - 8.30am and 12.30pm)

Biometric for child 1: 27th August 2021

Biometric for child 2: 31st August 2021

Submission type: Regular

No mail was sent for me (Principal applicant)

Application not-straightforward mail sent to my spouse: 14th September 2021

Application not-straightforward mail sent for 2 children: 16th September 2021

Collection mail (principal applicant): 16th September 2021

Passport Collected for principal applicant : 17th September 2021

Collection mail (hubby and kids): 20th September 2021

Passport Collected for hubby and 2 kids : 21st September 2021

Wishing everyone on this forum the best of luck. Thanks to you all here that gave guidelines and helpful information.

Godbless!

Please do your family have travel experience?

Who sponsored your trip ?

Please share all the docs you submitted ?

Other people can benefit from your experiences
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by GenoMI: 9:30am On Sep 22, 2021
Thank you giselle237. I got the Global Talent endorsement for Digital Technology. Anyone with questions about getting the endorsement and then the visa should just @ me and I will do my best to explain. smiley

giselle237:
congratulations and thank you for coming to write. Please help others on this thread who are looking to go on the global talent route as yourself. Any information will be useful.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by GenoMI: 9:57am On Sep 22, 2021
My field is the Digital Technology sector and I applied for the Exceptional Talent category since I have over 10 years of experience in IT Business Analysis / Product Management / Technology Operations.

I'm co-founder at a GovTech startup in Nigeria (started in 2016) and evidence of this formed the bulk of my application although I have friends who applied as employees at tech startups and also got endorsed so it's really all about packaging your skills and experience in a way that highlights your best achievements.

I followed the guidelines for the 10 required pieces of evidence (though I did not exhaust the 10, I think I only submitted 7 pieces of evidence) and submitted alongside with 3 letters of recommendation and my 1,000 word personal statement. In hindsight, I would advise anyone applying to submit the maximum number of 10 to give a better chance of making a case for yourself.

When I applied for the endorsement, I was initially rejected and so I decided to write an appeal and answered every single point the assessment panel had made which I backed up with facts from my application. The appeal was favourable and their decision was changed which was how I got endorsed.

It is not an easy process and is really quite daunting. It took me a month to put my application together. Getting 3 letters of recommendation also took quite a bit of time and also writing the personal statement.

Having said that, it is very doable and so if you have any more specific questions, please let me know.

owenjegede:
Please, how where you able to get endorsement for the global talent and what's your field?

cv

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by feelgoodstuffs(m): 9:58am On Sep 22, 2021
Christabeliciou:
Yes

Thank you so much.

So if my “Premium lounge” appointment is 1pm, is it compulsory I get there very early in the morning or anytime before 1pm?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by GenoMI: 10:01am On Sep 22, 2021
Yes my family had travel experience but not extensive at all.

For the visa category I applied for (UK Global Talent), the only documents we were required to submit were the letter of endorsement from the UK Home Office, and our passports. We also included marriage certificate and a few wedding pictures in my spouse's application to prove that we are indeed married.

Other than that, no need for financials or any other documents. My own application, I sent just my passport and the letter of endorsement. Same for my kids (although we had to include their birth certificates too to show that they are truly our kids).

Gentlesoul3268:

Please do your family have travel experience?

Who sponsored your trip ?

Please share all the docs you submitted ?

Other people can benefit from your experiences

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kofomii: 10:26am On Sep 22, 2021
Can someone explain what is causing delay in getting response from UK visit application. Its taking time now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by fasttrack(m): 10:51am On Sep 22, 2021
Hi everyone, please how can i pay for my uk visa fee. tried using verve paga, but not going through
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozoneymcm: 11:00am On Sep 22, 2021
giselle237:
I can’t speak about your chances but I think the valid canadian study visa can give you some adavantage.
Just find a good reason as to why you really need to visit the UK at this time- if you can’t convince yourself, you cant convince the ECOs.
U can attach a cover letter to explain yourself and give good reasons why you certainly are not a potential overstayer. As for this sudden freelance payments... i hope it is real and there is documentary evidence to back this up.
Good morning Giselle
My wife wants to travel to the UK to write her NCLEX exam, we've heard from different sources that she needs to have a fat bank balance in her SALARY account. Now we are trying to build up her salary account , my question is how much should we try to build the account up to and for how many months should we wait before applying for the Visa. Thank you and God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tmodeltoluene(m): 1:15pm On Sep 22, 2021
Greetings everyone
I'm submitting my UK 6 months standard visa next week. I hereby have following questions
Do we need to submit a copy of flight itinerary, hotel booking and insurance, because I read it on the gov. UK site that such documents are not needed.

Again I Wil like to know if I still need to add 10 days quarantine period to duration of stay as I have previously read here.

Thank you all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kingin007: 1:47pm On Sep 22, 2021
We did our biometrics the same day August 19th and no response till now for me also
kofomii:
Can someone explain what is causing delay in getting response from UK visit application. Its taking time now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Blackfinegirl(f): 3:22pm On Sep 22, 2021
tmodeltoluene:
Greetings everyone
I'm submitting my UK 6 months standard visa next week. I hereby have following questions
Do we need to submit a copy of flight itinerary, hotel booking and insurance, because I read it on the gov. UK site that such documents are not needed.

Again I Wil like to know if I still need to add 10 days quarantine period to duration of stay as I have previously read here.

Thank you all

No need for insurance and flight itinerary.

Add 10 days to your duration of stay
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 22, 2021
imoniyi:
Good evening, I am trying to apply for masters online. Here is my issue, should I use the name on my passport/degree certificate (Imoleyo) which is a wrong spelling or I should use my actual name, Imoleayo? I am going to still do the affidavit though. I am confused on what name to use. On the school website, it’s written that I should use the exact name of my passport page, should I go ahead with it even if there’s a spelling error?
Do use the name on your passport/ Certificate. You do not need to do an affidavits if you use the name on your passport since it matches same name in your certificate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mmo1: 3:48pm On Sep 22, 2021
[quote author=dadamann post=105895085]
No i haven't gotten any response yet.

[Qquote author=unikbeing post=105893005]

@ dadamann have you finally gotten a response from them [/quote

I've you gotten your passport sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dcsn: 4:13pm On Sep 22, 2021
Thank you. This worked for me!
owenjegede:
Use bater by flutterwave.

Download it from playstore

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dcsn: 6:36pm On Sep 22, 2021
What is this that I am hearing about getting a Transit visa if travelling from Nigeria to the United Kingdom via KLM or AirFrance?
Do we now require a transit visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by vivvica(f): 7:35pm On Sep 22, 2021
Dcsn:
What is this that I am hearing about getting a Transit visa if travelling from Nigeria to the United Kingdom via KLM or AirFrance?

If you’re using a flight that is stopping over in Europe , you must get a transit visa . Except you have a valid Schengen visa .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Somm300: 7:36pm On Sep 22, 2021
Jennifer92:
I applied for TLS biometric visa on the 10 priority visa still no mail from them am really worried and my school starts next week Monday

Have you been refused a visa to any country before? I applied on the 7th of this month and paid for priority although I have been refused a u.s visit visa before. I’m still waiting currently for mine, my school also resumes on the 27th.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jennifer92: 7:57pm On Sep 22, 2021
Somm300:

Have you been refused a visa to any country before? I applied on the 7th of this month and paid for priority although I have been refused a u.s visit visa before. I’m still waiting currently for mine, my school also resumes on the 27th.
Yes UK visa and that was 2012
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jennifer92: 8:01pm On Sep 22, 2021
Somm300:

Please let me know when you receive your visa this is my number 09072041644
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Juddy2018: 8:16pm On Sep 22, 2021
Passport collection mail received, Thank God.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jennifer92: 8:33pm On Sep 22, 2021
Juddy2018:
when did u apply for it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dadamann: 8:33pm On Sep 22, 2021
I still haven't received it yet though i already sent another email to both to tlsconnect and UKVI. It's really frustrating but what more can i do.

[quote author=mmo1 post=106069400][/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dadamann: 8:35pm On Sep 22, 2021
Yes, that is very true. You will be needing an airport transit visa anytime ypu choose to fly either of the airlines to the UK

Dcsn:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dadamann: 8:46pm On Sep 22, 2021
Oh great! Goodluck on ur next application.

Juddy2018:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by GenoMI: 9:19pm On Sep 22, 2021
This is true. See below correspondence I got from KLM today.

Dcsn:

1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ChampO(m): 11:19pm On Sep 22, 2021
Hi guys,

Please, I need your help on this.
I applied to join my spouse in the UK and the decision has been made, they gave me till next week Friday to bring my passport back (as I choose to keep my passport because I applied to Czech for student visa).
Presently, Czech is still holding my passport.
How do I go about this situation?
I need advise on this matter please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 12:40am On Sep 23, 2021
ChampO:
Hi guys,

Please, I need your help on this.
I applied to join my spouse in the UK and the decision has been made, they gave me till next week Friday to bring my passport back (as I choose to keep my passport because I applied to Czech for student visa).
Presently, Czech is still holding my passport.
How do I go about this situation?
I need advise on this matter please.

Contact TLS and let them know you can't drop off your passport then and give a reason why. Do you have an estimated date for the return of your passport from the Czech embassy?

Ideally it shouldn't be a problem just let them know sha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.