Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (617) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1440348 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Menakay(m): 12:45am On Oct 28, 2021
Gentlesoul3268:

I check the documents you submitted, did you submitted day2 and day 8 covid19 vaccine test kit? I thought that is when you are ready to travel that is needed to booked for those who are not vaccinated ?
It's just the summary showing the cost of day 2 and day 8, the reason I added it is because I included the amount to the total cost of the trip, just like the flight itinerary showing the cost of flight.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Haryoureendey4(m): 1:46am On Oct 28, 2021
Therealmr:
I posted here few weeks back about inviting my in law. Good news , Her passport was returned today with visa approved.

Biometrics done on 14/10/2021 , I had to pay £220 priority cause i couldn't find any dates close enough for her.

Email from UKV on 15/10/2021 application recieved

Passport returned 22/10/2021 by DHL.

Someone here replied when I wanted to confirm the documents i had was enough, cant remember who . Thanks though

Congrats to her, sir please invite me too na sad

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by coopfortune(m): 9:11am On Oct 28, 2021
coopfortune:

Good day all,
kindly see the reply from the paid email to ukvi

i'm confused where they said being considered and awaiting decision

good morning,

UKVI sent a mail this morning that they have escalte the issue that it will take them 15 working days again that i should not contact them with this time frame.

please guru in the house what is happening?
is everything still ok i'm confused?

kindly help me out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:35am On Oct 28, 2021
coopfortune:

good morning,

UKVI sent a mail this morning that they have escalte the issue that it will take them 15 working days again that i should not contact them with this time frame.

kindly help me out
Just wait it out, you already said PA’s own is out , what’s left is for the dependents of the PA ,waiting it out is the only thing left in my opinion, it will come out . The crowd applying to the Uk these days is like times 20 of what they had before , I myself I was stunned by the crowd, they definitely have times three of their usual volume to deal with right now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by coopfortune(m): 9:56am On Oct 28, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Just wait it out, you already said PA’s own is out , what’s left is for the dependents of the PA ,waiting it out is the only thing left in my opinion, it will come out . The crowd applying to the Uk these days is like times 20 of what they had before , I myself I was stunned by the crowd, they definitely have times three of their usual volume to deal with right now.

ok...thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:59am On Oct 28, 2021
My cousin is trying to get a TB test done for student visa, he says no date in Lagos , please does anyone have a plug for date for TB test ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brenda37(f): 10:05am On Oct 28, 2021
I also did my Bio-metrics yesterday 27th Oct in Abuja and my status changed to Received by DMC. i pray it moves with speed.
Debbieeeeeee:
My status has been updated to application received my DMC, this thing should just continue moving the way it has moved from yesterday to today Abeg. Is there any other person who had biometrics done yesterday ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:10am On Oct 28, 2021
Brenda37:
I also did my Bio-metrics yesterday 27th Oct in Abuja and my status changed to Received by DMC. i pray it moves with speed.
Amen o I pray o. I have faith it will move with speed. I’ll keep updating the house on my timeline so at least everyone has an idea of the present timeline

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brenda37(f): 10:17am On Oct 28, 2021
This happened to my brother and his family. He applied with his family on the 30th of August and when he didnt hear from them on the 17th of Sep which was 3weeks, he sent a paid Email and they told him it will take 15working days for them to resolve the matter. But finally, he got a mail from TLS to pick up. The Wife's mail came 30th Sep, his own came 5th Oct while the Son's own came out on the 6th. Hope this helps
coopfortune:

good morning,

kindly help me out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brenda37(f): 10:22am On Oct 28, 2021
Amen, it will. Students have resumed, so they shld process applications faster this time hopefully.
Let's just have faith & see how it goes. It will end in PRAISE!!!!
Debbieeeeeee:

Amen o I pray o. I have faith it will move with speed. I’ll keep updating the house on my timeline so at least everyone has an idea of the present timeline

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mulberry: 10:25am On Oct 28, 2021
Good morning House, Please i want to find out if one needs a prior or future appointment to use the priority service of paying N42,000? We have been having difficulty in securing a date for the biometrics and want to use the priority service but someone said that we need to book an appointment first before we can walk in.
please help. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:45am On Oct 28, 2021
Brenda37:
Amen, it will. Students have resumed, so they shld process applications faster this time hopefully.
Let's just have faith & see how it goes. It will end in PRAISE!!!!
Same thing I said that students have resumed but apparently batch two are resuming in January o, students never resume finish o , even date for TB test isn’t available for Lagos , only December in Abuja

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kenneth417: 10:55am On Oct 28, 2021
Hi Guys,
Please I mistakenly selected a different country instead of UK. (Travel History).
Is it really an issue?. Though, When submitting both documents and biometrics, I drafted a cover letter fixing the error and sent it to tls.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 11:08am On Oct 28, 2021
Kenneth417:
Hi Guys,
Please I mistakenly selected a different country instead of UK. (Travel History).
Is it really an issue?. Though, When submitting both documents and biometrics, I drafted a cover letter fixing the error and sent it to tls.
Your cover letter should fix it , but I’d have said cancel the thing and start again which is what I did when I made an error while filing my form , I didn’t go for biometrics or anything. But your cover letter should hopefully suffice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Poshdadiva: 11:30am On Oct 28, 2021
coopfortune:

good morning,

kindly help me out
Would you be so nice as to please share the email address you used in contacting them?
How much does a paid email cost pls?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bbclue(f): 11:33am On Oct 28, 2021
Brenda37:
This happened to my brother and his family. He applied with his family on the 30th of August and when he didnt hear from them on the 17th of Sep which was 3weeks, he sent a paid Email and they told him it will take 15working days for them to resolve the matter. But finally, he got a mail from TLS to pick up. The Wife's mail came 30th Sep, his own came 5th Oct while the Son's own came out on the 6th. Hope this helps

Please can you help me with the paid email
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kenneth417: 11:46am On Oct 28, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Your cover letter should fix it , but I’d have said cancel the thing and start again which is what I did when I made an error while filing my form , I didn’t go for biometrics or anything. But your cover letter should hopefully suffice

Hoping so, thanks.. Please do they read cover letters at all? (decision makers)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by coopfortune(m): 11:57am On Oct 28, 2021
Poshdadiva:

Would you be so nice as to please share the email address you used in contacting them?
How much does a paid email cost pls?

£2.74

Dear UKVI,
I (name) want to know the status of my visit application made on (date) at tls ikeja with passport number(xxxxx) and reference number (GWFxxxx).

thank you
BR,
name
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Poshdadiva: 12:00pm On Oct 28, 2021
coopfortune:

£2.74

Dear UKVI,
I (name) want to know the status of my visit application made on (date) at tls ikeja with passport number(xxxxx) and reference number (GWFxxxx).

thank you
BR,
name
I meant their paid email address you sent your enquiry to
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bbclue(f): 12:00pm On Oct 28, 2021
coopfortune:

£2.74

Dear UKVI,

thank you
BR,
name

Please read the message again, the person said email address....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Daddyemma: 1:20pm On Oct 28, 2021
Hello house, pls i need your advice. I applied for UK visa in 2010 but got refused. There was an error on my surname then but i managed to use the name for biometric and submission.

Now, i have just corrected my passport to my real surname at immigration Hqts in abuja as i will be re-applying again very soon.

Please, i hope that my past surname on my old passport would not give me problem if i apply with my real surname on my new passport this time around.
Though, i have all the documents backing my change of name with me. Please house, i need your advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by coopfortune(m): 1:27pm On Oct 28, 2021
Poshdadiva:

I meant their paid email address you sent your enquiry to

if you dont pay mail wont go.

here is the link to contact the straightaway by email or by phone

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y/outside-the-uk/something-else/english
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tushqueen(f): 1:46pm On Oct 28, 2021
I want to invite my mum to the UK by applying for visitors visa, do I need to state that she has savings. She doesn't have an account number, she receives her money through my brother's bank account and does daily contributions. That is the only form of saving she does, how do I go about this. Do I need to include the savings part since I'm going to sponsor her trip fully?

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by piscesnow(f): 2:33pm On Oct 28, 2021
Hello House please I need your advice, I want to renew my UK visa I have been issued 6 months, 2 years and 5yrs in the past . However the last Uk visa expired in 2016. Please advice on what to apply for 6months or 2 years.
N.B : My passport expires in sept 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by coopfortune(m): 2:50pm On Oct 28, 2021
piscesnow:
Hello House please I need your advice, I want to renew my UK visa I have been issued 6 months, 2 years and 5yrs in the past . However the last Uk visa expired in 2016. Please advice on what to apply for 6months or 2 years.
N.B : My passport expires in sept 2022

if it were to be me, i will apply for 10 yrs

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Poshdadiva: 2:51pm On Oct 28, 2021
coopfortune:

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y/outside-the-uk/something-else/english

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bbclue(f): 2:51pm On Oct 28, 2021
coopfortune:

Thank you...I have send them mail...waiting for feedback after 5 days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mosesadio: 3:32pm On Oct 28, 2021
Good afternoon friends. Please, I need your advice. With my passport validity being 5 months by the time I make my UK visa application, Can I still go ahead? God bless you all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kenyangirl1: 3:41pm On Oct 28, 2021
Thank you Tutu and everyone who responded to the various questions I posted on the forum prior to my application. My visa was granted and I couldn't be happier.

Below are the details of my application

VISA TYPE: Standard Visitor Visa (6 months)
APPLICATION DATE: 28/09/2021
BIOMETRICS: 1/10/2021
TLS EMAIL (COLLECTION): 25/10/2021

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:

1. CURRENT PASSPORT
2. NATIONAL ID
3. COPY OF MY PREVIOUS BRP and ENTRY CLEARANCE (DID MY MASTERS IN THE UK)
4. COPY OF OLD PASSPORT
5. PREVIOUS SCHENGEN VISAS AND STAMPS
6. LETTER FROM EMPLOYER
7. 6 MONTHS' PAYSLIPS
8. 6 MONTHS' BANK STATEMENTS (STATED MY CLOSING BALANCE AS MY SAVINGS)
9. COPY OF MY PARENTS' IDs & A LETTER FROM THEM STATING THAT I LIVE WITH THEM
10. COPY OF MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE
11. COPY OF MY BROTHER'S PASSPORT AND BRP (HE IS STUDYING IN THE UK)

MY BOYFRIEND WHO I WILL BE STAYING WITH PROVIDED:

1. Passport bio page
2. Letter from his employer
3. Tenancy Agreement & letter from his landlord
4. Bank statements for 1 Month
6. Pay slips for the past 3 months
7. Evidence of relationship (photos, chats, flight tickets etc)
8. Invitation Letter

TRIP DURATION: 35 DAYS
BUDGET: £1450 (2.2 Times my monthly disposable income)

I applied from Nairobi, Kenya

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.