Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (649) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1448824 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by esdajo: 1:23pm On Nov 19, 2021
Hello everyone,

So I got my visa 2 weeks ago but my initial travel date has long passed as I was supposed to travel in October but the passport was not returned on time. Now I'm thinking of spending the Chrtismas and New Year celebrations in the UK but I have some fears and/or concerns and they are as follows:

1. Can my family (partner and kids) apply for a UK visitor's visa for the purpose of going together with me for tourism, whilst attaching a copy of my passport data page and recent UK visitor's visa? Or MUST they be invited by someone in the U.K before it would look credible?

2. Wouldn't the ECO think this is an afterthought or is there anything wrong with having a different plan along the line from the initial plan of going alone since the visa did not come out on time against the backdrop of my initial travel plans?

Gurus is the house should please advise if this is a wrong move or if I should go first on my own and apply for them later when I want to renew. Thanks in anticipation of your responses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by fela1000: 1:35pm On Nov 19, 2021
Please brothers I need format for my introduction letter. I’m begging you guys in the name of God.
God Almighty will bless us with our visa this year.
Please help me I’m applying as a self employed.

Respectively Asking!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by esdajo: 1:43pm On Nov 19, 2021
Lol Pastor Fela. This prayers nor too much! Send a message let me share mine with you as a guide.

fela1000:
Please brothers I need format for my introduction letter. I’m begging you guys in the name of God.

Respectively Asking!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leilakhadijah(f): 1:43pm On Nov 19, 2021
Yeah, it dropped about 2 hours ago.

MadameW:

You'll most likely get your collection mail today.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by esdajo: 1:59pm On Nov 19, 2021
Congrats!

leilakhadijah:

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by esdajo: 2:00pm On Nov 19, 2021
Congratulations

leilakhadijah:

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by fela1000: 2:08pm On Nov 19, 2021
esdajo:
Lol Pastor Fela. This prayers nor too much! Send a message let me share mine with you as a guide.

Thanks boss I don send the mail sir.
Thanks Ad.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Aibisoye0: 2:09pm On Nov 19, 2021
Hello House...How's everyone....please who has flown Egypt Air recently to the UK. I need to get to the UK for a few days and it's looks like the cheapest but the layover is not here at all.
Do they provide accommodation?
How are their planes as well?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leilakhadijah(f): 2:25pm On Nov 19, 2021
Thanks, passport picked up, 2 year visa granted.

esdajo:
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mzyetty: 2:37pm On Nov 19, 2021
Yes o. Please response. Should o be worried?

quote author=gistbite post=107758404]

Lol you are asking this question after buying the ticket?[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by fela1000: 2:45pm On Nov 19, 2021
leilakhadijah:

Congrats boss! I wish that for myself too. God Almighty will do it.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by esdajo: 2:49pm On Nov 19, 2021
Felicitations bro. More good news to come from other applicants.

leilakhadijah:

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by esdajo: 3:20pm On Nov 19, 2021
I did not get any message o.

fela1000:

Thanks boss I don send the mail sir.
Thanks Ad.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by viktoh12: 3:41pm On Nov 19, 2021
Congratulations
leilakhadijah:

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by aloskyyoung: 4:22pm On Nov 19, 2021
Update from UKVI Instagram page today.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by fela1000: 4:22pm On Nov 19, 2021
esdajo:
I did not get any message o.

Bro, I don send ham. I think I can’t use this site very well.
But this is my mail,
Nelbert1000@gmail.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mamawa123: 4:49pm On Nov 19, 2021
1stdami:
Hello guys, I have paid for my TLS appointment (50$) and an additional 50k naira but my Appointment Time and Date status shows as Not set yet. What can I do about this, please?

Click Amend to see if the initial appointment date will pop up

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by viktoh12: 5:19pm On Nov 19, 2021
What I don’t understand with this is what of people that have sent mail to this before and till now no reply
aloskyyoung:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 19, 2021
Date

The Entry Clearance Officer,
British High commission,
Lagos,
Nigeria

Dear Sir/Madam

COVER LETTER FOR TOURIST VISA APPLICATION

Name:
DOB:
Nationality:.
Passport Number :

I would like to travel to Birmingham, United Kingdom as a tourist between DATE and DATE and would therefore like to obtain a standard visitor visa.

I am writing in support of my application.

Employment Status and Income -

SAVINGS -

BUDGET –
Return Air Ticket -
Accommodation -
Feeding -
Miscellaneous -

For questions, clarification and interview, please feel free to contact me anytime.

Thank you,

Put your Signature

Put your name

fela1000:

Respectively Asking!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 19, 2021
If there are other things you need to declare to support your application, like assets, you can put it to.
Also you don’t need to explain your budget. I did in my own.

fela1000:

Respectively Asking!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by owenjegede: 6:12pm On Nov 19, 2021
1. Yes, your family can apply and they don't need anybody to invite them just list resort centers you will like to visit.

2. The ECO won't think otherwise, they are after your money and strong ties back home.

Response is based on personal experience.

esdajo:
Hello everyone,

So I got my visa 2 weeks ago but my initial travel date has long passed as I was supposed to travel in October but the passport was not returned on time. Now I'm thinking of spending the Chrtismas and New Year celebrations in the UK but I have some fears and/or concerns and they are as follows:

1. Can my family (partner and kids) apply for a UK visitor's visa for the purpose of going together with me for tourism, whilst attaching a copy of my passport data page and recent UK visitor's visa? Or MUST they be invited by someone in the U.K before it would look credible?

2. Wouldn't the ECO think this is an afterthought or is there anything wrong with having a different plan along the line from the initial plan of going alone since the visa did not come out on time against the backdrop of my initial travel plans?

Gurus is the house should please advise if this is a wrong move or if I should go first on my own and apply for them later when I want to renew. Thanks in anticipation of your responses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 6:26pm On Nov 19, 2021
coopfortune:

that is how the app interface looks like, that other one is the web interface, you r on the right yrack bro

Oh great. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 6:39pm On Nov 19, 2021
aloskyyoung:

Tls and UKVI are tired of the calls and people showing up without receiving mail that their passport is ready for collection lol.
They should hurry up please, we are tired of waiting.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 6:46pm On Nov 19, 2021
Mzyetty:
Yes o. Please response. Should o be worried?

quote author=gistbite post=107758404]

Lol you are asking this question after buying the ticket?

I honestly don't know as I have not used them before. But next time, make your research about an airline before buying your tickets
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by fela1000: 6:48pm On Nov 19, 2021
DCloveth45:
Date

The Entry Clearance Officer,
British High commission,
Lagos,
Nigeria

Dear Sir/Madam

COVER LETTER FOR TOURIST VISA APPLICATION

Name:
DOB:
Nationality:.
Passport Number :

I would like to travel to Birmingham, United Kingdom as a tourist between DATE and DATE and would therefore like to obtain a standard visitor visa.

I am writing in support of my application.

Employment Status and Income -

SAVINGS -

BUDGET –
Return Air Ticket -
Accommodation -
Feeding -
Miscellaneous -

For questions, clarification and interview, please feel free to contact me anytime.

Thank you,

Put your Signature

Put your name

Thanks so much for this. Can I write it on my company A4 paper and then scan it.

Thanks �
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mzyetty: 6:50pm On Nov 19, 2021
Thank you. If you know me you will know I am a researcher. � �. It's just so complex you have no idea. I was in Abuja when the ticket was sent to me yesterday. No to worry though, I will do due diligence.

gistbite:

I honestly don't know as I have not used them before. But next time, make your research about an airline before buying your tickets
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 6:53pm On Nov 19, 2021
Mzyetty:
Thank you. If you know me you will know I am a researcher. � �. It's just so complex you have no idea. I was in Abuja when the ticket was sent to me yesterday. No to worry though, I will do due diligence.

It's alright. I wish you a safe flight and stress free journey.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 6:59pm On Nov 19, 2021
Richardelorin:

Good afternoon. Is it priority or standard?

Standard for both of us
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 19, 2021
1. No. Don’t use company letter, because it’s not the company applying.

2. Thé cover letter is for you to tell the ECO what you want him/her to know about you that you think will help your application. Most importantly, INCOME and TIES to home country.

fela1000:

Thanks so much for this. Can I write it on my company A4 paper and then scan it.

Thanks �
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 7:19pm On Nov 19, 2021
Since it’s your personal introduction letter, there’s no need for letter head because it’s not an official introduction letter. Even if you’re self employed, you’re the one requesting for visa. It’s not like your company is sending you on an official trip or something. You’re the one just writing and signing by yourself.
Usually, people get letters from their office introducing them.
fela1000:

Thanks �
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by chima1978: 7:26pm On Nov 19, 2021
VISA ALERT
2 years
Standard application - Lagos VI Center
Date of biometrics: October 20th
Sent paid email to UKVI: 11th Nov.
Recieved response on 11th Nov. that application was still under consideration and will escalate
Received mail from UKVI 17th Nov. that a decision has been made
Received mail from TLS that they have received my passport on 18th Nov and with courier
Received passport via courier 19th Nov,

Hope my time line helps and gives others hope.

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by viktoh12: 7:35pm On Nov 19, 2021
Abuja or Lagos
chima1978:
VISA ALERT
2 years
Standard application
Date of biometrics: October 20th
Sent paid email to UKVI: 11th Nov.
Recieved response on 11th Nov. that application was still under consideration and will escalate
Received mail from UKVI 17th Nov. that a decision has been made
Received mail from TLS that they have received my passport on 18th Nov and with courier
Received passport via courier 19th Nov,

Hope my time line helps and gives others hope.

(1) (2) (3) ... (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.