Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,141 members, 7,821,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (721) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1447772 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by joshmania07: 12:41pm On Jan 06, 2022
[quote author=joshmania07 post=109129177]PLEASE GUYS, I HOPE THIS
Somebody please say something.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 12:45pm On Jan 06, 2022
joshmania07:

Well you should have done the right thing. Just hope for the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 12:58pm On Jan 06, 2022
Did you submit the passport you used to travel in 2012? If the passport and stamp isn't there, then it's a problem. Your application is vetted based on the information you provide. These people are looking for every little reason to deny someone. You can take the risk and hope but it's a gamble.
motunrayoo:

IT does not have a space to pick number of days except date.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 12:59pm On Jan 06, 2022
You should ask on the UK students visa thread

joshmania07:
PLEASE GUYS, I HOPE THIS WON’T BE AN ISSUE
I applied for tier 4 students visa and I did biometrics on 31st December but I have a little mistake on my CAS. I paid initial deposit of £2k as requested by the school before issuing CAS but my it’s stated on my CAS that I paid £5k. I applied for visa like that and selected I paid 5k as stated on my CAS. My bank statement and all other documents are all good. I couldn’t wait to reapply for a ‘correct’ CAS because the money in my account is reading and I’m paying extra interest weekly so I just want a decision ASAP. Please guys, are their any chances that they might verify this from the school? Moreover the mistake is not from me and I’m just running out of time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by motunrayoo(f): 1:06pm On Jan 06, 2022
cutebear:
Did you submit the passport you used to travel in 2012? If the passport and stamp isn't there, then it's a problem. Your application is vetted based on the information you provide. These people are looking for every little reason to deny someone. You can take the risk and hope but it's a gamble.

YES i attached the passport with the stamp including the flight booking for that travel history..

or do you feel i need to write a letter to the ember with the GFW ref number.Is there any need.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lems2: 1:16pm On Jan 06, 2022
Hello please, do we still need to do PCR test 72hrs before departure? Or just day 2 test ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 1:20pm On Jan 06, 2022
I think the point here is that based on the form she filled, it is indicating that she went there on holiday and actually spent 6 years there which is an obvious breach in immigration laws and grounds for the UK to refuse her. @motunrayoo, sorry about this. It depends on how thorough and forgiving the ECO is. If it was a recent trip, the ECO could check the submitted passport for entry and exit stamps and realize it was an error and move on but this was 10 years ago so they may take it that you overstayed your visa and are a flight risk. Or they may reach out to you for further information to clarify this. Have you been to the UAE after this?

@debbie what do you advise in this case?
1.Can she reach out to TLS or the embassy to correct this mistake with proof of the entry and exit stamps?
2. Does she withdraw and re apply
3. Or does she just hold out and pray?

Nchabuomo:

Oh I see, the last time I filled the VAF, it had that option. Well I think it's not something you should worry about though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 1:25pm On Jan 06, 2022
AmeliaT:
I think the point here is that based on the form she filled, it is indicating that she went there on holiday and actually spent 6 years there which is an obvious breach in immigration laws and grounds for the UK to refuse her. @cutebear, sorry about this. It depends on how thorough and forgiving the ECO is. If it was a recent trip, the ECO could check the submitted passport for entry and exit stamps and realize it was an error and move on but this was 10 years ago so they may take it that you overstayed your visa and are a flight risk. Or they may reach out to you for further information to clarify this. Have you been to the UAE after this?

1.Can she reach out to TLS or the embassy to correct this mistake with proof of the entry and exit stamps?

This is debatable as the context is not provided actually. For example, you can visit some countries as a tourist and be able to stay for long durations of time (greater than 1 year e.g. Turkey). Personally, I do not think it is an issue as long as other parts of your VAF is okay and that they can clearly see that you have made some trips within that 6 years period i.e. that the 6years gap is likely a mistake. I think OP also included their old passport or ticket as they mentioned that in a previous reply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 1:28pm On Jan 06, 2022
From the 7 Jan, Fully vaccinated passengers are not required to take a test pre departure to the UK. They will still need to test on arrival but can choose a lateral flow test as opposed to a PCR test.

Unvaccinated regulations remain the same- https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19

Lems2:
Hello please, do we still need to do PCR test 72hrs before departure? Or just day 2 test ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 1:28pm On Jan 06, 2022
motunrayoo:

YES i attached the passport with the stamp including the flight booking for that travel history..

or do you feel i need to write a letter to the ember with the GFW ref number.Is there any need.

Then that's totally fine. I honestly don't think you should worry, at least not about this issue
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Olawales93(m): 1:36pm On Jan 06, 2022
Hi Everyone,
I did my biometrics on Dec 2nd at Ikeja with my wife.
I just got a mail from TLS that my passport is ready for collection, though I paid for courier days after the biometric.

How do I know if the visa application was approved? Or would I have to wait till receiving the passport to ascertain that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 1:43pm On Jan 06, 2022
Olawales93:
Hi Everyone,
I just got a mail from TLS that my passport is ready for collection, though I paid for courier days after the biometric.

How do I know if the visa application was approved? Or would I have to wait till receiving the passport to ascertain that?
Congratulations since you didn't receive any refusal letter from UKVI.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by knighteengale: 2:20pm On Jan 06, 2022
Applied for 2yrs visit Visa Nov. 29
Did biometric Dec. 13
Got my Visa today via DHL.

10 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 2:22pm On Jan 06, 2022
joshmania07:

Well, i am not sure you did any wrong as you indicated info as shown on your CAS, but then best thing you would have done would have been to reach the school and correct the error, they say "what's worth doing is worth doing well", regardless of time it would cost you to get it done. But, to indicate the interest you were paying on a public thread like this is probably what you doing wrong now and shows you probably went for an arranged POF which are wounds you would not like to unravel. So be calm and hope for the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 2:26pm On Jan 06, 2022
[quote author=AmeliaT post=109132440]I think the point here is that based on the form she filled, it is indicating that she went there on holiday and actually spent 6 years there which is an obvious breach in immigration laws and grounds for the UK to refuse her. @motunrayoo, sorry about this. It depends on how thorough and forgiving the ECO is. If it was a recent trip, the ECO could check the submitted passport for entry and exit stamps and realize it was an error and move on but this was 10 years ago so they may take it that you overstayed your visa and are a flight risk. Or they may reach out to you for further information to clarify this. Have you been to the UAE after this?

[s]1.Can she reach out to TLS or the embassy to correct this mistake with proof of the entry and exit stamps?[/s]

personally, i think should be fine. But option 1 is not applicable. 2 is possible. 3. maybe best option.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 2:31pm On Jan 06, 2022
Lems2:

as of today yes, but from 4:00am, the 7th Jan 2022 there are few changes to that. Pls kindly refer to the UK home office website for more clarity on that... Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 2:35pm On Jan 06, 2022
leef2022:

Well, i am not sure you did any wrong as you indicated info as shown on your CAS, but then best thing you would have done would have been to reach the school and correct the error, they say "what's worth doing is worth doing well", regardless of time it would cost you to get it done. But, to indicate the interest you were paying on a public thread like this is probably what you doing wrong now and shows you probably went for an arranged POF which are wounds you would not like to unravel. So be calm and hope for the best.

Let's call a spade a spade, if the CAS had indicated that OP paid a deposit of 1k quid, OP would likely have reached out to the school to get it fixed irrespective of the time it would take. Let's try and be doing the right thing and stop speaking from the side of our mouth.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 2:41pm On Jan 06, 2022
knighteengale:
Did biometric Dec. 13

Congratulations

Is this your first time ? Priority or standard?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 2:48pm On Jan 06, 2022
Nchabuomo:

Let's call a spade a spade, if the CAS had indicated that OP paid a deposit of 1k quid, OP would likely have reached out to the school to get it fixed irrespective of the time it would take. Let's try and be doing the thing and stop speaking from the side of our mouth.

well, i don't know the condition of the sch for issuance of cas. and IF was deliberate or not from the school, and op stated what he/she had in the CAS. However, if he/she had doubt, would be wise at that time to reach out to the school and would have had absolute peace now. but to state time as a reason and support with the interest thingy is not helping.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 2:56pm On Jan 06, 2022
Nchabuomo:

Let's call a spade a spade, if the CAS had indicated that OP paid a deposit of 1k quid, OP would likely have reached out to the school to get it fixed irrespective of the time it would take. Let's try and be doing the thing and stop speaking from the side of our mouth.

btw, the op would get a better comment(s) from the student thread as mentioned@cutebear, there must have been persons with similar experience(s).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by classylassie: 2:58pm On Jan 06, 2022
Hello everyone! Silent reader here. I applied for my mum (5 yrs visit visa) and biometrics was done Nov 10 - Ikeja. Got courier dispatch email from TLS Jan 05.

Is there any way to know the decision made before getting the passport?

Thanks!�
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 3:07pm On Jan 06, 2022
classylassie:
Hello everyone! Silent reader here. I applied for my mum (5 yrs visit visa) and biometrics was done Nov 10 - Ikeja. Got courier dispatch email from TLS Jan 05.

Is there any way to know the decision made before getting the passport?

Thanks!�

No and yes..
No- some op have shared here where they got collection mail, passport arrived with no vignette and they had to write to know their faith.
Yes-meaning since you have not received any refusal mail, most likely your mum was granted and hope and wish that would be the scenario.
wish you loud celebrations when her passport arrives

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oma6090: 3:08pm On Jan 06, 2022
My sister was refused visitors visa. The reason stated on the refusal letter is that large sums of money was deposited into her account. How soon can she reapply? Or what's the way forward?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 3:10pm On Jan 06, 2022
Oma6090:
My sister was refused visitors visa. The reason stated on the refusal letter is that large sums of money was deposited into her account. How soon can she reapply? Or what's the way forward?

Sorry for this

Well maybe if you posted the refusal letter people can contribute
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 3:13pm On Jan 06, 2022
Oma6090:

Sorry about this, she could reapply soon as she could explain and address concerns(the deposits but not exclusive) as stated on her refusal. Way forward, is hopefully, she gets it right when next she applies. regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 3:23pm On Jan 06, 2022
I've noticed that a lot of times, when you reapply just like that, they will look for another reason to deny. Your sister needs to sit down and patiently go through her application thoroughly without leaving any stone unturned. A cover letter is also advised.
Also, If we can get your sister's profile (travel history, salary, monthly spending, savings amount, properties, marital status) that will also help.
Oma6090:

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sus4(m): 3:27pm On Jan 06, 2022
Olawales93:
Hi Everyone,

Please was it priority or standard?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 06, 2022
Hi everyone
I applied a visa for my son which is family permits. He did his biometrics AUG 6, till now we haven’t heard from them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Olawales93(m): 3:42pm On Jan 06, 2022
Standard

Sus4:

Please was it priority or standard?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 06, 2022
Standard
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oggg: 3:48pm On Jan 06, 2022
joshmania07:
PLEASE GUYS, I HOPE THIS WON’T BE AN ISSUE
I applied for tier 4 students visa and I did biometrics on 31st December but I have a little mistake on my CAS. I paid initial deposit of £2k as requested by the school before issuing CAS but my it’s stated on my CAS that I paid £5k. I applied for visa like that and selected I paid 5k as stated on my CAS. My bank statement and all other documents are all good. I couldn’t wait to reapply for a ‘correct’ CAS because the money in my account is reading and I’m paying extra interest weekly so I just want a decision ASAP. Please guys, are their any chances that they might verify this from the school? Moreover the mistake is not from me and I’m just running out of time.
u lied na.
They wrote 5k which was wrong, instead of correcting it by speaking with your school. u also corroborated same thing and said you paid 5k deposit when you did not… u did lie as well. Mistake was from the school, then u added ur own and quoted again. Anyway hopefully they just take whatever is on the CAS and dnt bother with any due diligence.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cycloe: 3:54pm On Jan 06, 2022
knighteengale:
Did biometric Dec. 13
S
Can you please list the documents you provided to apply for the visa .

(1) (2) (3) ... (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.