Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (723) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1447793 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sus4(m): 6:42pm On Jan 06, 2022
Debbieeeeeee:

People that love money. Did they ever stop takin applications ?

Lol, even when Nigeria was on their red list in dec , they were still collecting . Dem too like money sha
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Josy18ng: 6:44pm On Jan 06, 2022
UK like money I swear . Wetin concern them with red list..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Loyaltysoul: 7:08pm On Jan 06, 2022
AmeliaT:
Hi everyone,

Perhaps a glimmer of hope for some. I sent another email today and I got a response to say that a decision has been made on my husband's application and we should receive the passport within 10 working days. Prior to this, all emails had stated that the application was still awaiting review. Praying for the best outcome.

Application was done over 50 WD ago.

Thanks very much Amelia, I have sent them email now and how long are they going to response ? Note this is my first email
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dinoforyou00: 7:36pm On Jan 06, 2022
Good evening everyone. Please those that are not vaccinated, are they allowed to travel to the uk presently? If yes, would they have to quarantine in the govt hotel?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 7:59pm On Jan 06, 2022
Dinoforyou00:
Good evening everyone. Please those that are not vaccinated, are they allowed to travel to the uk presently? If yes, would they have to quarantine in the govt hotel?
Yes, unvaccinated people are currently allowed into the UK and they must quarantine at their preferred accommodation. Not government hotel.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 06, 2022
Schoolhike:

Thanks very much, she was granted the visa last week.

Tho, we waited till my wide deliver before we put in the application.
Am glad to here this.
Enjoy being pampered with delicacies.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by babranancy: 8:22pm On Jan 06, 2022
Hi everyone, I sent the enquiry email yesterday and I got a respond from them today.Below is the message

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 8:38pm On Jan 06, 2022
babranancy:
Hi everyone, I sent the enquiry email yesterday and I got a respond from them today.Below is the message

How many working days is your visa application yesterday before you sent a pay message ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by babranancy: 8:44pm On Jan 06, 2022
[quote author=Gentlesoul3268 post=109143557]

How many working days is your visa application yesterday before you sent a pay message
18 working days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 8:55pm On Jan 06, 2022
[quote author=babranancy post=109143682][/quote]

We will hear a good news �

Finger cross
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fazfunms: 10:09pm On Jan 06, 2022
Decision was made on my application on 14th Dec. Got my passport back through UPS 30th Dec.

P.S- I applied in Canada and the process took 48 working days

Debbieeeeeee:

I’ll start counting the ten working days for yesterday since I don’t know the exact date and time a decision was made
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sus4(m): 10:13pm On Jan 06, 2022
I'm sending a paid enquiry and I got to this part of 'Billing country ,I don't understand, someone should please put me through, thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 10:30pm On Jan 06, 2022
Sus4:
I'm sending a paid enquiry and I got to this part of 'Billing country ,I don't understand, someone should please put me through, thanks

Fill your home address
City
Zipcode
Leave the Us billing
Postal code put 23401
And put Nigeria as a country

That all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sus4(m): 10:38pm On Jan 06, 2022
Gentlesoul3268:

Fill your home address
City
Zipcode
Leave the Us billing
And put Nigeria as a country

That all

Yes thanks, I just did it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by babranancy: 11:20pm On Jan 06, 2022
Gentlesoul3268:

We will hear a good news �

Finger cross

Amen,I pray so
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 11:25pm On Jan 06, 2022
You're most welcome :-) The first time we reached out, they responded within 48 hours. Subsequently, they have typically responded within a day. The most recent conversation, they responded within an hour. So, give or take a few hours.

Loyaltysoul:

Thanks very much Amelia, I have sent them email now and how long are they going to response ? Note this is my first email
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by knighteengale: 1:57am On Jan 07, 2022
Gentlesoul3268:

Congratulations

Is this your first time ? Priority or standard?

No. My second time. 2019 I was given 6months.
It was a standard application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 3:38am On Jan 07, 2022
Sus4:

My appointment / biometrics was on the 29th of oct, visitor visa , standard ,and I'm yet to be invited for collection

Jesus!!!! Are these people mad ni?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lifeisgoody: 9:48am On Jan 07, 2022
Please House, I need your help.
My brother did biometrics in October, 2021 and collected his passport yesterday 6th January.
The issue is, I advised him to go to ikeja when we couldn't receive any decision on his application. Now the passport is empty with no mail received till now.

Any advice on what to do?

Modified: 2021
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 10:09am On Jan 07, 2022
Lifeisgoody:
My brother did biometrics in October, 2020 and collected his passport yesterday 6th January.
The issue is, I advised him to go to ikeja when we couldn't receive any decision on his application. Now the passport is empty with no mail received till now.

Do you mean October 2020 or 2021*
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 10:13am On Jan 07, 2022
Lifeisgoody:
My brother did biometrics in October, 2020 and collected his passport yesterday 6th January.

If the passport is empty and he did not get a refusal email nor did he withdraw his application, let him call UKVI and give them his GWF and it will be escalated as the decision on his application did not get to him. If the visa was granted but due to human error they did not attach the sticker to the passport, someone will reach out to him and he will be told where to bring his passport to.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lifeisgoody: 10:40am On Jan 07, 2022
Alright bro. We'll do that
Nchabuomo:

If the passport is empty and he did not get a refusal email nor did he withdraw his application, let him call UKVI and give them his GWF and it will be escalated as the decision on his application did not get to him. If the visa was granted but due to human error they did not attach the sticker to the passport, someone will reach out to him and he will be told where to bring his passport to.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lifeisgoody: 10:41am On Jan 07, 2022
I meant 2021.
Thanks
Gentlesoul3268:

Do you mean October 2020 or 2021*
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanctification1(f): 11:34am On Jan 07, 2022
Hi friends,

Please I would like to know if we have anyone here going to University of East Anglia this year for Sept intake  that has or waiting for admission...

I will be glad with your responses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Hazy4love: 11:46am On Jan 07, 2022
I guess you will have told him to be patient. I also did my biometric on the 20th of October 2021 in Abuja. But I got this message from UKVI this morning.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by xxxp(m): 12:11pm On Jan 07, 2022
Greetings! My appointment / biometrics was on the 28th of oct, 2021 visitor visa , standard, and I use dhl for the passport collection.

Please is it advisable to mail them or send them paid message or I should just be more patient. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by qhunlay: 12:13pm On Jan 07, 2022
Visa Alert!!!

VAC = Ikeja

Visa Type = Visitor Visa (Six months)

Submitted = Nov 11 2021

Biometrics = Nov 26 2021

Collection Mail = Jan 06 2022

Visa Collected = Jan 07 2022

Myself and spouse got our visas approved

11 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sus4(m): 12:19pm On Jan 07, 2022
qhunlay:
Visa Alert!!!

VAC = Ikeja

Submitted = Nov 11 2021

Biometrics = Nov 26 2021

Congratulations!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 12:20pm On Jan 07, 2022
qhunlay:
Visa Alert!!!

VAC = Ikeja

Submitted = Nov 11 2021

Biometrics = Nov 26 2021

Wow congratulations �

Pls is this your first Uk Application?
Standard ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lems2: 1:17pm On Jan 07, 2022
AmeliaT:
From the 7 Jan, Fully vaccinated passengers are not required to take a test pre departure to the UK. They will still need to test on arrival but can choose a lateral flow test as opposed to a PCR test.

Unvaccinated regulations remain the same- https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19

thank you for the reply��

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by qhunlay: 1:58pm On Jan 07, 2022
Gentlesoul3268:

Wow congratulations �

Pls is this your first Uk Application?
Standard ?

Second UK Visa application for me, first for my wife.

I didn't even use the first one I got in Feb 2021 cos of the stringent Covid protocols (tests, quarantine etc) due to the numbers of days (7 days) I intended to spend in the UK.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by artofalternativ(f): 2:20pm On Jan 07, 2022
Hello people, please I need your advice. This week I was invited to an event that holds in the UK at the end of this month. It would be my first time visiting the UK, but I have attended a few conferences in the US (pre-pandemic) and I also went on vacation in the Maldives last year. I know visitor visas can be fast-tracked but when I checked TLSContact it seems the super priority visa service is temporarily not available. Now I'm not sure what to do. If I start a normal application now, is there any chance I can get the visa and my passport back before the 28th which is the latest I can fly out for the event? Should I wait a little and hope that the priority services will come back sometime in the next few days or should I just tell the organisers that I won't be able to make it? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.