Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Pope Francis Makes Changes To The Lord’s Prayer (See The Changes) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Makes Changes To The Lord’s Prayer (See The Changes) (363 Views)

Pope Francis Makes Changes To The Lord’s Prayer (See The Changes) / Pope Francis Makes First Visit To The Arabian Peninsula / Pope Francis Wants The ‘lord’s Prayer’ Changed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pope Francis Makes Changes To The Lord’s Prayer (See The Changes) by Nobody: 5:57am On Jun 09, 2019
Pope Francis has approved changes to the translation of the line “and lead us not into temptation”.

That line has been changed to “do not let us fall into temptation.”

When I was young, I used to be disturbed by this line, “and lead us not into temptation”.

So, I endorse the change. I think it is long overdue. Therefore I call on all Christendom to follow suit.

What do you think of the change?

Source

Re: Pope Francis Makes Changes To The Lord’s Prayer (See The Changes) by Trust2001(m): 9:58am On Jun 09, 2019
I like it, the old line always disturbed me because how can God lead us into temptation?

(1) (Reply)

Lady Recounts How Pastor Fatoyinbo Invited Her To Spent A Night With Him / My Dreams, Plz I Need Help / BREAKING: Former COZA Staff Narrates How Pastor Fatoyinbo Allegedly Raped Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.