Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,777 members, 7,817,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? (21984 Views)

Should I Drop Out Or Not? / Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? / Should I Drop Out Of School And Concentrate On Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by NoManners1: 4:04pm On Jun 09, 2019
Bros! Even the whole president can’t declared his O’level certificate �!!! Go for money! Money does it all��. You can later try and buy certificate Incase you may need it in the future ⁉️
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by excel101(m): 4:04pm On Jun 09, 2019
Money and education are very important my bro. I will advice that you continue with your money making skill, since you're in 100level, but don't forget your education after you've made money. Afterall Bill Gates and several others made it as dropouts.

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by alphaNomega: 4:04pm On Jun 09, 2019
StUdY1:
Good morning nairalanders

Plz I really need ur advice,i opened a thread last year whether to focus on my skill or continue with education where I got different response to continue with education but now I'm thinking in a different way.
My skill is still there which i'm unable to use here in school, but I found out another source of income(which is LEGIT) but this source clashes with my time table in school

I have to be online from 1:00pm-11:00pm (which is 7:00am-5:00pm over there but sometimes I might jst be online for 3-4hrs and still make better stuffs and jst log out ) to be able to a meet up with things.

I did this last month not up to two weeks and I'm able to make more than 100,000 which i'm very happy
So my main concern now is that is it advisable for me to leave school and focus more on this stuff I'm doing (I'm in 100l and we are in our second semester and lecture started last week which handicapped me from doing this work)

Because it is very impossible for me to be in the lecture hall and be running this stuff because i'm already concluding that I shd jst leave this sch and go rent a small apartment and continue this work I'm doing
So Plss ADVICE is urgently needed for me to know the path to follow so as not to regret later

Do the much you can with your online work but make sure you complete your university degree. You may not be able to get it later in life when you're older. I'm sure your online business will still be viable for the next 6 years, your undergraduate programme will not.

You are blessed to have found something lucrative while in school, I like to call it double portions. Do not loose any of them!

3 Likes

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by TheTourist: 4:05pm On Jun 09, 2019
Ajsimon:
First comment on nairaland
Been a guest for 9 months
Plz welcome me.

Highly welcome

3 Likes

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by alphaNomega: 4:05pm On Jun 09, 2019
excel101:
Money and education are very important my bro. I will advice that you continue with your money making skill, since you're in 100level, but don't forget your education after you've made money. Afterall Bill Gates and several others made it as dropouts.

They did not just make it as dropouts. The full story has them getting a lot of financial support from families. Not sure that is the case here.

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Premiumwriter: 4:05pm On Jun 09, 2019
Op school is very very important.

Before you think of quitting school for a business, I think you might want to check very well and maybe try to evaluate the business first.

For instance, how much control do you have over the business?

Control is very important. The website you're working on, if they decide to shit down today, downsize or change their policy will it affect you?

If yes, then you have little or no control over the business.

Take my case for instance, I was making good money on fiverr sometime last year. I thought it would last but it didn't.

Fiverr updated their policy, that they will require ID card for verification and they gave only 14 days for you to obtain an ID and verify your account.

I don't have an ID and my account got suspended.

Since then I've been trying to stand up but haven't even been able to make a single sale on the website after creating another account for over 5 months now.

As such it is not advisable that you quit school for it.

Also think long-term. People may say certification is useless but in reality employers still ask for it. Try and get it.

3 Likes

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by wman(m): 4:07pm On Jun 09, 2019
Your certificate is something that can never be taken from you. It could open great doors for you in the future. You might use it abroad or even in Nigeria to earn millions or get a Federal appointment.

You don't know tomorrow. Life is more than a few hundreds of thousands. You can earn much more. You'll find so many adults wishing that they took the opportunity they had to go to school.

School broadens your perspective and enlightens you. You meet s lot of intelligent people and your outlook on life changes.

Plus you get a lot of options after school. Not just limited to one business.

5 Likes

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by JOTE(m): 4:07pm On Jun 09, 2019
the rest is left to you ooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by nappy760(m): 4:09pm On Jun 09, 2019
StUdY1:

Plz I really need ur advice,i opened a thread last year whether to focus on my skill or continue with education where I got different response to continue with education but now I'm thinking in a different way.
My skill is still there which i'm unable to use here in school, but I found out another source of income(which is LEGIT) but this source clashes with my time table in school

I have to be online from 1:00pm-11:00pm (which is 7:00am-5:00pm over there but sometimes I might jst be online for 3-4hrs and still make better stuffs and jst log out ) to be able to a meet up with things.

I did this last month not up to two weeks and I'm able to make more than 100,000 which i'm very happy
So my main concern now is that is it advisable for me to leave school and focus more on this stuff I'm doing (I'm in 100l and we are in our second semester and lecture started last week which handicapped me from doing this work)

Because it is very impossible for me to be in the lecture hall and be running this stuff because i'm already concluding that I shd jst leave this sch and go rent a small apartment and continue this work I'm doing
So Plss ADVICE is urgently needed for me to know the path to follow so as not to regret later

Can you please share this your online source of income grin.....I need something I can be doing on the side to earn additional income.
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Ajsimon(m): 4:10pm On Jun 09, 2019
Tnks
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by BigDick70inch(m): 4:11pm On Jun 09, 2019
Bros eh!!!
My advice is u should leave school as a regular student..
Go enrol in NOUN or better become a part time student..
So that will give u enough time to make money..
Remember..u are in school to make money and u have already started making the money..
One shouldn't either the other..

2 Likes

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by killsmith(f): 4:12pm On Jun 09, 2019
Oboi, I no go fit advice you.

Though I graduated with a good result, I go tell you say that time, if to say I know say na like this e go be, I for no go school.

3 Likes

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Kokoebapluse(m): 4:14pm On Jun 09, 2019
Baba Don't let money you are making now disturb your education, because knowledge is the power and whatever that store in your head is you. And in future you might regret why you didn't finish school. But you can get money anytime if you work hard, but sometimes later seeking for knowledge can be toooooooo late.
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by stankezzy: 4:14pm On Jun 09, 2019
Nigerians voted a secondary shool leaver against a PhD holder , this only shows u that school is good but money is better ,I had this same opportunity some years ago but I misused it ,I am a graduate now without work , when I was in 3rd year one of our relative wanted to travel abroad , he called me , can u leave your studies and continue with my business worth like 3 million very well established, I told my friends they advised me never to drop out of school , anyway he gave it to another person , now the person is a millionaire while I have graduated with no job , he even employed 3 graduates, he has multiple cars with houses and I can only boast of big grammars

2 Likes

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by thanknairaland1: 4:15pm On Jun 09, 2019
my brother i knw hw u feel now.
my TRUE advice to u is, if d biz can take u FAR in life pls drop UR skl behind u. bks nigeria has no future for u. make UR future by yourself.
graduates in Nigeria today are now street wonderers.

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Kaceman(m): 4:16pm On Jun 09, 2019
Oga pls tell me that work you are doing
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by justli: 4:18pm On Jun 09, 2019
My advice, if you really think you found gold in this business, go for it but don't quite school. Whenever exam comes up go sit for it. Pay some friends to help you with assignments and attendance. I really don't see the trouble here. At least you'd still graduate with cert while still making money .

Bro go all in for the money mehn. School is a big scam. Just don't quite but graduate with 4th class if that's what it comes to. Best of luck man. Keep making money, thats the only way forward . Don't wait to graduate and be begging for paltry 100k job

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Tonymuna: 4:18pm On Jun 09, 2019
wagazala:
Defer your admission for a year and see how far this biz goes. Perhaps by then you might have understood what direction you want to face.
Your education cannot afford less than 100% commitment. But you could be educated either way.
this suggestion would have been the best for you.Education is good but money is always better.

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by JBoss25(m): 4:21pm On Jun 09, 2019
temiitayo:
Well I’m in your shoes. I just finished from uni and I started my company as a side hustle but now I’m earning over 300K a month and getting more clients that I’ve employed 3 more people. The issue is I applied for Unilag (just for applying sake) and I gained admission for Msc. My uncle has paid for it but it’s really clashing with my work. I’m really confused right now
eya
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by elonize(m): 4:22pm On Jun 09, 2019
temiitayo:
Well I’m in your shoes. I just finished from uni and I started my company as a side hustle but now I’m earning over 300K a month and getting more clients that I’ve employed 3 more people. The issue is I applied for Unilag (just for applying sake) and I gained admission for Msc. My uncle has paid for it but it’s really clashing with my work. I’m really confused right now
i dnt really know what to tell u sha,but if not for d fact dat ur uncle paid,u for no Go for d msc, well u chose dis....so find a way to cope.
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by BlissB(f): 4:24pm On Jun 09, 2019
Contumely:

Idiotic scammer with less than 10k in account forming boss.

Imbecilic animal.

You want people to start chatting you up abi?
cheesy cheesy cheesy Bros vex follow am
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Tjayjosh(m): 4:24pm On Jun 09, 2019
doublecross:
wrong advise. what if the online stuff crashes! School is the ultimate irrespective of the hardship this country might have caused you
School the ultimate? It makes me really wonder. School is important, but is not the ultimate for me.

2 Likes

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Dolliz: 4:25pm On Jun 09, 2019
What kind of online job is that bro
Maybe we can also do same
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by naijajobx: 4:25pm On Jun 09, 2019
Dont
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Starkid3010(m): 4:28pm On Jun 09, 2019
StUdY1:

boss Whic kind biz be that cheesy
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by CallMeOO7(m): 4:29pm On Jun 09, 2019
StUdY1:

I am going to advice you based on what I will do if am in your shoes. Now this is my advice, if you're very SURE of the prospects in this your new found business, take a break from school, work very hard, make a lot of money, invest and you can later enrol in one of the open universities in town if you can't go back to the regular universities. Remember Job is not guaranteed after school. Go make Money bro and please introduce me to this online business.
08068862584 Watsapp
multiskills007@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by PeacenLove2: 4:29pm On Jun 09, 2019
This thing you're doing online? Is it sustainable? Do you think it will still be open in the next ten to twenty years. If yes, then it will not be a bad thing to defer your studies at least for a year or two until you can realign.

But do not put off education entirely, it could be the only thing to fall back on in the future. I have seen many young people abandon education for shortlived successful engagements. Most of them now have nothing to fall back on. So unless this your endeavour is a money maker like Microsoft, Facebook or Nairaland itself, don't put education off entirely. At the same time, do not pass off an Avenue to make cool cash.
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:31pm On Jun 09, 2019
StUdY1:

What kind of skill/business is that?
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Bennie79(m): 4:32pm On Jun 09, 2019
Pls kindly leave that particular school and start the noun online study. I believe u can joggle it with that online business. My one Kobo!
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 09, 2019
Collinsuchendu aka SchoolnaScam

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Confusion In Customs As Newly Retired Officers Stay Put / My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur / Colleague Accuses Shade Ladipo Of Lying About Being Sacked By Silverbird TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.