Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? (22017 Views)

Should I Drop Out Or Not? / Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? / Should I Drop Out Of School And Concentrate On Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 09, 2019
alphaNomega:

He will, I have met people who have achieved such if not in would not suggest it to him.
Really?
How well did he/she finish?
The person must be a genius then.not everyone is Einstein!
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by tega10: 7:45pm On Jun 09, 2019
Ejos1:
Bro please try reach me, got something for you.. Whatsap or call... 08183793635

OR he got sometime for you!

Thought you were the one in need. Just saying
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Acidosis(m): 7:46pm On Jun 09, 2019
joeeee240:

Hmmm Please what are your issues with writing related services?
I have no issues with writing services. However, there are no professional writing jobs for a non-graduate. No company will advertise a writing job for an O'level holder. But with or without a formal degree, a lot of companies will hire a graphics designer, programmer, web developer, etc.
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by joeeee240(m): 7:50pm On Jun 09, 2019
Acidosis:

I have no issues with writing services. However, there are no professional writing jobs for a non-graduate. No company will advertise a writing job for an O'level holder. But with or without a formal degree, a lot of companies will hire a graphics designer, programmer, web developer, etc.

Oh... Alright I see. Thanks for the input.

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by CONTACTSAMSUNG(m): 7:57pm On Jun 09, 2019
namiji2598:
what are u saying sirI think money can take u places and nt school

Then try keeping your household uneducated and see the implications

If you can read well...... I said in all your doing try and make money

It's best you're educated with all the riches........ Read articles and thank me later

God bless you for comprehending
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by CONTACTSAMSUNG(m): 8:00pm On Jun 09, 2019
Mk93:

school is golden in which country? I would have been a very big boy if I had not yield in to family pressure to get a degree first.
after the degree, I still have to go back to doing the same thing instead of earning peanut as salary.
my advice for mr poster is to get the money now and get degree later. you can a degree at any age in life

Lol, thank God for you tho

I never said school was golden, at least I've spent approx 6yrs in one

I did say...... Being a graduate sir
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by OlawaleBammie: 8:03pm On Jun 09, 2019
stankezzy:
Nigerians voted a secondary shool leaver against a PhD holder , this only shows u that school is good but money is better ,I had this same opportunity some years ago but I misused it ,I am a graduate now without work , when I was in 3rd year one of our relative wanted to travel abroad , he called me , can u leave your studies and continue with my business worth like 3 million very well established, I told my friends they advised me never to drop out of school , anyway he gave it to another person , now the person is a millionaire while I have graduated with no job , he even employed 3 graduates, he has multiple cars with houses and I can only boast of big grammars

Ahh, Oboi/Man dis ur regret loud oo, its touching but also funny, merge with d person na.
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Bluehill1051: 8:07pm On Jun 09, 2019
Ajsimon:
First comment on nairaland
Been a guest for 9 months
Plz welcome me.
I swear you no get sense
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 09, 2019
CONTACTSAMSUNG:

Lol, thank God for you tho

I never said school was golden, at least I've spent approx 6yrs in one

I did say...... Being a graduate sir
if you know how many graduate are dying for Npower 30k stipends in this country, you won't advice anyone to get a degree first ,leaving behind earning 100k in 2 weeks.
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by MOVIC6: 8:25pm On Jun 09, 2019
I have seen a graduate earning more than that per hour. Education has edge over anything that gives you food
Netanyahu1:
Wrong bro, in Nigeria get money , outside get skill, money would follow. I have seen a Capenter who earn $50 an hour that's so more than most graduates can earn in a life time .

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by ehinmowo: 8:53pm On Jun 09, 2019
1. How reliable is this your source of income? Is it possible for the site or the company to close shop? Can it be around 8n the next 10 years?

2. Can you work from 6-11 every day and use the other time for school?

3. You can talk to your HOD and put your admission on hold for sometimes ( Senate mostly approve that base on health or finance ground)

4. quit and apply for part time or weekend classes or NOUN.

I am not suggesting that you quit your source of income. I am saying find a way around both.
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Tunby(m): 8:56pm On Jun 09, 2019
Whatever you do. Do not, I repeat, do not drop out. Manage. Even if nah 2-2. Just graduate. ou may not need the certificate but it's good to hae it. Trust me. It can be good for your self brand and cofidence
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Insectkiller: 8:59pm On Jun 09, 2019
It doesn't matter if u are in 100Level or 500Level...a[b]s far as you know how to make #100,000 in a week then you should know how to make decision good for yourself...[/b]
But one advice for you is: Do whatever you can to have a Certificate in this country, Nigeria.

smiley
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by menzo4u: 9:06pm On Jun 09, 2019
From what you have put up here, it appears you already have basic education which is the ability to read, write and communicate effectively. My brother, Quit SCHOOL and make MONEY even if you will do it temporarily.

The opportunity of the job you have now may never come again if you lose it. If you like don't accept my advice when hunger beat the hell out of you, you will understand me better.

School does not guarantee a bright future but money does.

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Deborahov(f): 9:11pm On Jun 09, 2019
Money did nt go school.so wot are we now saying.get ur money jor n leave school
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by eldee365: 9:18pm On Jun 09, 2019
StUdY1:
Good morning nairalanders

Plz I really need ur advice,i opened a thread last year whether to focus on my skill or continue with education where I got different response to continue with education but now I'm thinking in a different way.
My skill is still there which i'm unable to use here in school, but I found out another source of income(which is LEGIT) but this source clashes with my time table in school

I have to be online from 1:00pm-11:00pm (which is 7:00am-5:00pm over there but sometimes I might jst be online for 3-4hrs and still make better stuffs and jst log out ) to be able to a meet up with things.

I did this last month not up to two weeks and I'm able to make more than 100,000 which i'm very happy
So my main concern now is that is it advisable for me to leave school and focus more on this stuff I'm doing (I'm in 100l and we are in our second semester and lecture started last week which handicapped me from doing this work)

Because it is very impossible for me to be in the lecture hall and be running this stuff because i'm already concluding that I shd jst leave this sch and go rent a small apartment and continue this work I'm doing
So Plss ADVICE is urgently needed for me to know the path to follow so as not to regret later
My advice, make sure you continue with your education, maybe someday you might like to leave Nigeria or some opportunity like that, then your degree will play a major role in that, Op what online business do you do? I'm interested.
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 09, 2019
Careful for d love of money! Money is very good but there is ALWAYS a but. If u're are seriously determined to chase money, u can always take "part-time" educational programs. Nevermind show me d way nagrin @StUdY1
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by omobaba1759: 9:21pm On Jun 09, 2019
OP can you link me up. I'm interested
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by benzzyno(m): 9:32pm On Jun 09, 2019
Go get rich dad poor dad and read.. Might be of help.. Helped me when i was in ur stage.
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by excel101(m): 9:45pm On Jun 09, 2019
alphaNomega:

They did not just make it as dropouts. The full story has them getting a lot of financial support from families. Not sure that is the case here.
Financial support is a different thing entirely, because in the post we are reacting on, the person never said he doesn't have money to go to school, and that he also does his Biz without support.
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by generationz(f): 9:48pm On Jun 09, 2019
Premiumwriter:
Op school is very very important.

Before you think of quitting school for a business, I think you might want to check very well and maybe try to evaluate the business first.

For instance, how much control do you have over the business?

Control is very important. The website you're working on, if they decide to shit down today, downsize or change their policy will it affect you?

If yes, then you have little or no control over the business.

Take my case for instance, I was making good money on fiverr sometime last year. I thought it would last but it didn't.

Fiverr updated their policy, that they will require ID card for verification and they gave only 14 days for you to obtain an ID and verify your account.

I don't have an ID and my account got suspended.

Since then I've been trying to stand up but haven't even been able to make a single sale on the website after creating another account for over 5 months now.

As such it is not advisable that you quit school for it.

Also think long-term. People may say certification is useless but in reality employers still ask for it. Try and get it.

Sorru about your travails
Why don't you try transcription?
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Patrictemmy(m): 9:50pm On Jun 09, 2019
StUdY1:

Plz I really need ur advice,i opened a thread last year whether to focus on my skill or continue with education where I got different response to continue with education but now I'm thinking in a different way.
My skill is still there which i'm unable to use here in school, but I found out another source of income(which is LEGIT) but this source clashes with my time table in school

I have to be online from 1:00pm-11:00pm (which is 7:00am-5:00pm over there but sometimes I might jst be online for 3-4hrs and still make better stuffs and jst log out ) to be able to a meet up with things.

I did this last month not up to two weeks and I'm able to make more than 100,000 which i'm very happy
So my main concern now is that is it advisable for me to leave school and focus more on this stuff I'm doing (I'm in 100l and we are in our second semester and lecture started last week which handicapped me from doing this work)

Because it is very impossible for me to be in the lecture hall and be running this stuff because i'm already concluding that I shd jst leave this sch and go rent a small apartment and continue this work I'm doing
So Plss ADVICE is urgently needed for me to know the path to follow so as not to regret later
My brother kindly whatsapp me we need to talk 07063433574...
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Rick9(m): 9:55pm On Jun 09, 2019
One thing I have discovered in life is that.
Money is ephemeral, it comes and goes
But knowledge remains for all time.
Knowledge can give u so much
If its focused
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 09, 2019
Well, dropping out ain't just your decision to make especially if your tuition is done by a parent/Guardian. You let them know first,get their decision and then sort it out.
But if it's all on your shoulder, bro I'll have to say you should consider the long term prospects of this business before choosing to quit.
I faced a similar scenario last year and chose to quit,but I must confess to you my later experiences were more like nightmares I never thought possible.
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Success410: 10:23pm On Jun 09, 2019
temiitayo:
Well I’m in your shoes. I just finished from uni and I started my company as a side hustle but now I’m earning over 300K a month and getting more clients that I’ve employed 3 more people. The issue is I applied for Unilag (just for applying sake) and I gained admission for Msc. My uncle has paid for it but it’s really clashing with my work. I’m really confused right now
what kinds of work are u into
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by iammiracle1(m): 10:35pm On Jun 09, 2019
Biko teach me the skill grin

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 09, 2019
MOVIC6:
I have seen a graduate earning more than that per hour. Education has edge over anything that gives you food
How come we are still in dark ages, no innovation, no creativity, no scientific inventions and most of all we are import dependent, yet phd, masters and bsc holder are parading the whole country.

The essence of education is to create a better society, and so many other good things, look around you bro. Its shithole all around, that's not education, that misery and penury. Nigerians should go get skills, I'm glad most people are getting the vibe.

2 Likes

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by CONTACTSAMSUNG(m): 10:38pm On Jun 09, 2019
Mk93:

if you know how many graduate are dying for Npower 30k stipends in this country, you won't advice anyone to get a degree first ,leaving behind earning 100k in 2 weeks.

Honestly they choose to........ A graduate place you above others in your various place of hustle

Am not saying after spending time in school, then you should depend solemnly for one man to give you stipend for salary.

No, go out there grind and hustle
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by dasdexter(m): 10:45pm On Jun 09, 2019
StUdY1:

yo which online biz is this, i have keen interest
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 09, 2019
iammiracle1:
Biko teach me the skill grin
OK,it is called SUGAR MOMY TOTO FINGERING!!? Abeg hope say u no get nails oh oga
eo ya were!!!

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Tjayjosh(m): 11:37pm On Jun 09, 2019
Netanyahu1:
How come we are still in dark ages, no innovation, no creativity, no scientific inventions and most of all we are import dependent, yet phd, masters and bsc holder are parading the whole country.

The essence of education is to create a better society, and so many other good things, look around you bro. Its shithole all around, that's not education, that misery and penury. Nigerians should go get skills, I'm glad most people are getting the vibe.

God bless you my brother.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur / Colleague Accuses Shade Ladipo Of Lying About Being Sacked By Silverbird TV / Who Wants To Join The Nigerian Armed Forces? Army, Navy Or The Air Force?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.