Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? (22007 Views)

Should I Drop Out Or Not? / Should I Drop A Bank Job For A Federal Job? / Should I Drop Out Of School And Concentrate On Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by deedan9(m): 11:45pm On Jun 09, 2019
Please what kind of skill is that? I am really interested in the skill.

Education is good, but the money is better. You can skip classes if attendance is not compulsory, maybe once in a while. Just try to make as much money you can make because the current dispensation of Nigerian labour market is something not to talk about.

However, that skill of yours, can it be learned?
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by iammiracle1(m): 11:50pm On Jun 09, 2019
CalvinGaye:

OK,it is called SUGAR MOMY TOTO FINGERING!!?
Abeg hope say u no get nails oh oga

eo ya were!!!

Mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Nobody: 12:34am On Jun 10, 2019
WE ARE MISUSING SOME TERMS HERE

1. Education
2. School
3. Knowledge
4. Career

Education refers to learning generally and is not limited to schools.

School is a curriculum based setting that primarily teaches and nurtures a child's mind.

Knowledge simply refers to what you know. After reading this, your knowledge adds up. It has always does. So it's not reliant on schools.

Career refers to a chosen field motivated by interest of a person and dedicated to ensure survival.

Listen to me, and feel free to quote me, education ends in Secondary school, career is the only motivation for tertiary institutions.

When Zuckerberg left Harvard, he left because he believes in his mind that he could develop a career in his own without relying on a myopic syllabus.

He tried his luck, that is free to do, it worked. You know what happened next? The school saw that they couldn't have built him up to achieve what he had and they awarded him HONORARY DOCTORATE.

That is same with so many people like him. Check out great people, it is not school syllabus that got them where they are but ability to think and make things happen.

This is what many do not possess. That is not a problem, but if you possess such ability it is best that it is used judiciously.

Anyone saying education is key should note that a SSCE holder from a standard school is fully educated officially and he may choose his career from any angle.

It is also myopic and less intelligent to think that it is all about BSc MSc while there's nothing in the head than log of syllabuses which unfortunately would be forgotten in few years and most unfortunately is not applicable to our day to day lives at least within our Nigeria...

8 Likes

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by CanadaOrBust: 3:07am On Jun 10, 2019
Bluehill1051:
I swear you no get sense

This made me really laugh. What has he said to deserve such abuse??!!

Ajsimon no mind am. U r very welcome to NL. Try not to be rude like this guy (though he made me laugh!). Also try not to follow the tribal bigots.
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Celsony: 3:09am On Jun 10, 2019
Pls what's this business you do, pls can u teach me too. I graduated from the university since 2016 and no job yet.
Pls help a brother
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by CanadaOrBust: 3:21am On Jun 10, 2019
Rick9:
One thing I have discovered in life is that.
Money is ephemeral, it comes and goes
But knowledge remains for all time.
Knowledge can give u so much
If its focused

Yes, but the BIG mistake is the mindset that knowledge only comes from school!
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by CanadaOrBust: 3:29am On Jun 10, 2019
StUdY1:
Good morning nairalanders

Plz I really need ur advice,i opened a thread last year whether to focus on my skill or continue with education where I got different response to continue with education but now I'm thinking in a different way.
My skill is still there which i'm unable to use here in school, but I found out another source of income(which is LEGIT) but this source clashes with my time table in school

I have to be online from 1:00pm-11:00pm (which is 7:00am-5:00pm over there but sometimes I might jst be online for 3-4hrs and still make better stuffs and jst log out ) to be able to a meet up with things.

I did this last month not up to two weeks and I'm able to make more than 100,000 which i'm very happy

OP whichever choice u make is a RISK because we humans have no way of seeing the future. Accept u r taking a RISK then follow your gut instinct. If it turns out u were wrong, then so be it - see it as a learning experience
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by CanadaOrBust: 3:38am On Jun 10, 2019
pizardguy:

1. Education
2. School
3. Knowledge
4. Career

School is a curriculum based setting that primarily teaches and nurtures a child's mind.

Knowledge simply refers to what you know. After reading this, your knowledge adds up. It has always does. So it's not reliant on schools.

Career refers to a chosen field motivated by interest of a person and dedicated to ensure survival.

Listen to me, and feel free to quote me, education ends in Secondary school, career is the only motivation for tertiary institutions.

When Zuckerberg left Harvard, he left because he believes in his mind that he could develop a career in his own without relying on a myopic syllabus.

He tried his luck, that is free to do, it worked. You know what happened next? The school saw that they couldn't have built him up to achieve what he had and they awarded him HONORARY DOCTORATE.

That is same with so many people like him. Check out great people, it is not school syllabus that got them where they are but ability to think and make things happen.

This is what many do not possess. That is not a problem, but if you possess such ability it is best that it is used judiciously.

Anyone saying education is key should note that a SSCE holder from a standard school is fully educated officially and he may choose his career from any angle.

It is also myopic and less intelligent to think that it is all about BSc MSc while there's nothing in the head than log of syllabuses which unfortunately would be forgotten in few years and most unfortunately is not applicable to our day to day lives at least within our Nigeria...

Very insightful and erudite write-up. I agree that “education” ends with high school.

STILL, there will always be that nagging feeling that u didn’t finish, that u r not a graduate...
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by CanadaOrBust: 3:48am On Jun 10, 2019
Netanyahu1:
How come we are still in dark ages, no innovation, no creativity, no scientific inventions and most of all we are import dependent, yet phd, masters and bsc holder are parading the whole country.

The essence of education is to create a better society, and so many other good things, look around you bro. Its shithole all around, that's not education, that misery and penury. Nigerians should go get skills, I'm glad most people are getting the vibe.

Gbam. Our education is too theoretical, outdated, inferior, and out of sync

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by snowlordng(m): 5:45am On Jun 10, 2019
StUdY1:

Plz I really need ur advice,i opened a thread last year whether to focus on my skill or continue with education where I got different response to continue with education but now I'm thinking in a different way.
My skill is still there which i'm unable to use here in school, but I found out another source of income(which is LEGIT) but this source clashes with my time table in school

I have to be online from 1:00pm-11:00pm (which is 7:00am-5:00pm over there but sometimes I might jst be online for 3-4hrs and still make better stuffs and jst log out ) to be able to a meet up with things.

I did this last month not up to two weeks and I'm able to make more than 100,000 which i'm very happy
So my main concern now is that is it advisable for me to leave school and focus more on this stuff I'm doing (I'm in 100l and we are in our second semester and lecture started last week which handicapped me from doing this work)

Because it is very impossible for me to be in the lecture hall and be running this stuff because i'm already concluding that I shd jst leave this sch and go rent a small apartment and continue this work I'm doing
So Plss ADVICE is urgently needed for me to know the path to follow so as not to regret later
are you a forex trader
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by snowlordng(m): 5:50am On Jun 10, 2019
doublecross:
my friend, this is simple. if the business is legit, it will still be there waiting for you after school. so get done with your education; it's just 4 years. with your certificate, it means you didn't put all your eggs in one basket. be wise. education is the key! don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
be guided education and school are two different things ...
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by snowlordng(m): 5:51am On Jun 10, 2019
Belial06:

But having a degree is still better than not !!!!!
lies bro
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Maj196(m): 5:58am On Jun 10, 2019
Make money first u can still be educated at 40. Alot of people who chose education first are filled with regrets already

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Ejos1(m): 7:00am On Jun 10, 2019
Go sleep... Yeye
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Offpoint1: 7:46am On Jun 10, 2019
Netanyahu1:

Education this and education that is what has gotten Nigeria to this point "massive unemployment of unproductive graduates" guy if what you are doing is a skilled job please continues doing it , master it and employ the graduates for 10k a month that's all they are worth.
Lol, you've said the truth... in the western world once most kids finish high or college... they pursuit their career, but in Nigeria na degree... now we have millions of jobless and Skill-less graduates roaming the streets looking for 300k monthly job.
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Offpoint1: 7:54am On Jun 10, 2019
stankezzy:
Nigerians voted a secondary shool leaver against a PhD holder , this only shows u that school is good but money is better ,I had this same opportunity some years ago but I misused it ,I am a graduate now without work , when I was in 3rd year one of our relative wanted to travel abroad , he called me , can u leave your studies and continue with my business worth like 3 million very well established, I told my friends they advised me never to drop out of school , anyway he gave it to another person , now the person is a millionaire while I have graduated with no job , he even employed 3 graduates, he has multiple cars with houses and I can only boast of big grammars
Lol, at big grammars.

Future is brighter brother, still try get some additional skill. if cert no work skill go pay for sure.

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Offpoint1: 8:01am On Jun 10, 2019
pizardguy:

1. Education
2. School
3. Knowledge
4. Career

This thread should be close, this is the most reasonable comment I've read so far on this thread. You've said nothing but the truth.

We need totally re orientation on what education is to Nigerias

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by JustSomeDude(m): 8:02am On Jun 10, 2019
StUdY1:

So my main concern now is that is it advisable for me to leave school and focus more on this stuff I'm doing (I'm in 100l and we are in our second semester and lecture started last week which handicapped me from doing this work)

Because it is very impossible for me to be in the lecture hall and be running this stuff because i'm already concluding that I shd jst leave this sch and go rent a small apartment and continue this work I'm doing
So Plss ADVICE is urgently needed for me to know the path to follow so as not to regret later
Pls op, link me up. I would very much love to know what your online job is about. Thanks in advance
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Tjayjosh(m): 8:21am On Jun 10, 2019
pizardguy:

1. Education
2. School
3. Knowledge
4. Career

Please can you create a topic on this here on nairaland so that people will learn and understand this things. I see a lot of shallow minds amongst our youths, and it really beats my imagination. Most of all, Nigeria's school system needs total revamping.

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by annonygh(m): 8:29am On Jun 10, 2019
Please what online business are you doing? I'm interested. Here is my email: jpdesmond2000@gmail.com
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Rick9(m): 9:20am On Jun 10, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Yes, but the BIG mistake is the mindset that knowledge only comes from school!
School knowledge is only a minute fraction, I don't know why we waste too much time to acquire a degree. Mshewwww
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Kayboy123(m): 10:44am On Jun 10, 2019
You know how many graduates dey carry their certificates dey look for money (work) now? Bros, I beg forget school for now. Money nah d koko.

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by olumalcolm(m): 10:45am On Jun 10, 2019
Ask Buhari, he has said it that ur certificate is nt gateway to good life in this country which is true going by the way tins wrk. So my broda, if you can defer ur admission for a year or two to go and mk money, e gud ooo cos afterall sch wey we dey go, na knowledge we wan use am find and to use the knowledge to mk money and wetin dem tk dey go sch, na still MONEY ooo. Everytn still boils dwn to money so act wisely. Wecome to the good life by Kanye West.
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Hafis16(m): 10:52am On Jun 10, 2019
StUdY1:

Go for the money, then school later.
which work is that bro?
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by namiji2598: 12:47pm On Jun 10, 2019
CONTACTSAMSUNG:

Then try keeping your household uneducated and see the implications

If you can read well...... I said in all your doing try and make money

It's best you're educated with all the riches........ Read articles and thank me later

God bless you for comprehending
I am now a graduate with no job, so can u give me job sir
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by backbone503(m): 12:52pm On Jun 10, 2019
Baba, education in Nigeria can be likened to pre-intimacy. I suppose you know its not a sine qua non to having a mind-blowing sex.

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 10, 2019
Offpoint1:

Lol, you've said the truth... in the western world once most kids finish high or college... they pursuit their career, but in Nigeria na degree... now we have millions of jobless and Skill-less graduates roaming the streets looking for 300k monthly job.
Even if there are jobs, they don't worth 300k bro, I can only pay those guys for their reading and writing skills, which is no more than a high school diploma holder can do, and that's 10k,.

If you come with a skill or trade that is related to my business, then we are looking at between 100- 500k depending on how much that skill would bring my business .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by jay7(m): 2:24pm On Jun 10, 2019
@ OP it's simple if you want to pursue both fine, you can make a time table for yourself. Let's say out of the 7 days that makes a week you give 3 days to your academic work then from Thursday to Sunday you face your online business. One thing I realize is that self happiness matters, during exams or 3 weeks to exam you face you academic work squarely then after exams you go back to your time table. I am an M.Sc student of Animal Production and Management. I do drive cab to sponsor myself but I have a time table to that effect, I know when to read and when to huzzle though it's not easy but determination is all you need. I am not doing it with the motive of working for someone to get peanut as salary, I am doing it because know one knows what might happen tomorrow, like I said we all have our goals and aspirations in life, if you felt dropping out is the best for you fine but whatever you are getting now please invest it on something different from that online business of yours because some online business do Bleep one up, I am a living witness of Fiverr Account deportation and Account suspension. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 10, 2019
Netanyahu1:

Education this and education that is what has gotten Nigeria to this point "massive unemployment of unproductive graduates" guy if what you are doing is a skilled job please continues doing it , master it and employ the graduates for 10k a month that's all they are worth.
lmao.this got me rotf.This man u get bad mouth .10k ke?
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 10, 2019
Simplep:
lmao.this got me rotf.This man u get bad mouth .10k ke?
Yes o.
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by MrAlert(m): 11:55am On Jun 11, 2019
StUdY1:

Make money. you can go to school later. or plan ur time and achieve both.
Re: Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? by MOVIC6: 7:20pm On Jul 04, 2019
Netanyahu1:
How come we are still in dark ages, no innovation, no creativity, no scientific inventions and most of all we are import dependent, yet phd, masters and bsc holder are parading the whole country.

The essence of education is to create a better society, and so many other good things, look around you bro. Its shithole all around, that's not education, that misery and penury. Nigerians should go get skills, I'm glad most people are getting the vibe.

What scholars need is opportunity. Imagine one finished with Bsc Microbiology but has no place in the lab.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Experience Visiting A Bank For Loan As An Entrepreneur / Colleague Accuses Shade Ladipo Of Lying About Being Sacked By Silverbird TV / N-power: Beneficiaries To Be Paid Their March Stipend This Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.