Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,513 members, 7,816,243 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief (16429 Views)

Produce Nnamdi Kanu In Court, His Absence Will Spell Doom – MASSOB Tells FG / Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them / Photos From NASS Resumption After Annual Recess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by bigfish3k: 2:36pm On Jun 10, 2019
farem:

Is Delta state not part of the Igbo land again!
Was it not part of greeter East (Biafra).
When has any south South now seen as non brother again?

All tribes should be carried along- are TIV's, urobhos, efik, itsekiris not tribes again?
Forger it, no tribe is greater than the others

we are talking about region here , not tribe
any tribe can be found in any region

1 Like

Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by oluwaahmed: 2:37pm On Jun 10, 2019
post=79194351:
It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us (igbos) still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has barely finished one tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma. 

In the 16 years of PDP power rotated to 3 out of the 6 geopolitical zones in the country. Everyone would have eventually be carried along under PDP so your point sucks. Do not for get that 16 years is equal to 2 tenures (8 years term for each president)

2 Likes

Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by Emilokoiyawon: 2:39pm On Jun 10, 2019
hisexcellency34:
We dont want NASS leadership. We want secession. We want referendum. We Want BIAFRA!

Wait, you don't want Alhaji Atiku Abubakar again?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by 1x2x3: 2:43pm On Jun 10, 2019
Realtizzy:

Bro u made alot of sense
I would love to link up with you
Plz call or whatsapp me via 09053670743
You as well share any of your social media handle

You are only seeing sense in total mockery of the standard of living of an average Nigerian. You may think politics being played will have any impact of average Nigerian but in reality the elites are playing you and I.
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by backbone503(m): 2:44pm On Jun 10, 2019
I share your sentiment, broe.
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by Lilimax(f): 2:47pm On Jun 10, 2019
kaorama:
The Northern mafians know what they are doing. Their intention is to get the Igbos more and more annoyed so that that the Igbos will be willing to support them in 2023 under PDP to keep power in the North beyond 2023.
Touche! cool
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by Charly68: 2:51pm On Jun 10, 2019
These people are very funny,how can we help those who refused to help themselves . They have excluded themselves by their voting pattern.. We shouldn't shy away with the reality . Those at National Assembly from the South East don't have the number to get the expected result,so what magic would they perform ?

2 Likes

Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by femolii: 2:51pm On Jun 10, 2019
I don't know the reason y many people are not using their senses during Jonathan regime south east took over every where all the key ministerial positions including dsp they were even calling Jonathan their son, but during these period no complain because their are licking milks n juices now that the table turned around they are telling us about equity, during Jonathan regime south west has nothing which led to the down fall of jonathan for ever.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by etrouble: 2:56pm On Jun 10, 2019
ArmaniUhuru:
Which doom?

I ask again, which doom?

Doom for Biafrans. That is what he means.

1 Like

Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by mightyhaze: 3:10pm On Jun 10, 2019
post=79194351:
It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us (igbos) still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has barely finished one tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma. 
If u dont claim igbo in order to propagate ur senseless lies,will u die?

3 Likes

Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:11pm On Jun 10, 2019
God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by mrvitalis(m): 3:12pm On Jun 10, 2019
post=79194281:
Time to ponder........

SOUTH EAST: IS IT NOT TOO LATE?

I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake. Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine. 

My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'. 

REWIND TO 2014. 
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance. 

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.

We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence. The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.

Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.

That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did. 

Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'.
We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.

We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.

Fast forward to where we are today. Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more. 

We have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023", they don't want us in the National Assembly".
Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.

Of course. We will believe Saraki, but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has barely finished one tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma. 

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023? 
On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone? 
Is it an appeasement or a gift? 

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested. 

Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game. 

As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.

For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. I heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?

All these guys below have all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.

I've learnt not to bother myself anymore.
As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu!!

See ya NL! wink

Can u beat ur chest n say we have gotten that with APC

I mean good governance
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by femolii: 3:13pm On Jun 10, 2019
somadinho10:
please brother when was the south west excluded... Please enlighten us since 1999....thanks
During yar adua and ebelechukwu Jonathan regime abi you traveled to sambisa forest during that time or you are at okiqwe shrine for an assignment welcome back.
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by mrvitalis(m): 3:13pm On Jun 10, 2019
olajide8:

Would this man kip kwayet- when the south west was excluded did the nation burn - rubbish
When was the south west excluded
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by bigfish3k: 3:16pm On Jun 10, 2019
olajide8:

The facts are everywhere in the political space, you know facts are really scared, during the last 4 years of gej administration -2011 -2015 but na lie we wouldn't admit this as usual, selective amnesia go kee us for this nigeria O! we dey play ostrich until when it knocks on our door

SW was never excluded. Speaker was rightly zoned to them by PDP but the powers that be in APC South West ensured that it didnt materialise.
Reason that i later learnt and looks reasonable is that they said jajaban doesnt want any figure that can arise in the SW again that can be challenging his authority just the way bankole almost succeeded in doing
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by bigfish3k: 3:19pm On Jun 10, 2019
femolii:
I don't know the reason y many people are not using their senses during Jonathan regime south east took over every where all the key ministerial positions including dsp they were even calling Jonathan their son, but during these period no complain because their are licking milks n juices now that the table turned around they are telling us about equity, during Jonathan regime south west has nothing which led to the down fall of jonathan for ever.

sout west was zoned speakership by the PDP . true or false

stop all these propaganda and please name the juicy positions u said SE enjoyed under jona
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by bigfish3k: 3:23pm On Jun 10, 2019
Charly68:
These people are very funny,how can we help those who refused to help themselves . They have excluded themselves by their voting pattern.. We shouldn't shy away with the reality . Those at National Assembly from the South East don't have the number to get the expected result,so what magic would they perform ?

its not about number. we are talking about equity and building a country

2 Likes

Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by HAKYN1: 3:23pm On Jun 10, 2019
oluwaahmed:

That's exactly the game plan and the Yoruba's fell for it like a log. Power would never return to the south again. After 2023 Yoruba eye go clear.

Everything, Yoruba fell for it! Dont you think the Ibos should re strategize and be relevant for once! Buhari declare June 12 a public holiday, most Ibos nearly developed BP up to the level that one unscrupulous journalist among them used a derogatory term on them for what? You are talking of cooperation when you always see the Yorubas as people you cant cooperate with courtesy of your delusional issue of betrayal. Late Sam Okwaraji was honoured by Fashola as Lagos governor, how many eastern governor has honoured the late Rashidi Yekin? Prior to the declaration by Buhari, how many eastern states recognise June 12? Oga, leave story we are not one in southern Nigeria and the Yorubas that were hitherto not conscious of this fact are coming to terms with reality, we have not seen anything yet. Southern my foot!

3 Likes

Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by Charly68: 3:25pm On Jun 10, 2019
bigfish3k:

its not about number. we are talking about equity and building a country
. Am deeply sorry for the comment ,you are very right on your point . We must concede as occasion demands . Thanks for your point of view
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by bigfish3k: 3:27pm On Jun 10, 2019
Charly68:
. Am deeply sorry for the comment ,you are very right on your point . We must concede as occasion demands . Thanks for your point of view

u are welcome bro, thats the spirit on how to foster unity
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by bigfish3k: 3:30pm On Jun 10, 2019
HAKYN1:

Everything, Yoruba fell for it! Dont you think the Ibos should re strategize and be relevant for once! Buhari declare June 12 a public holiday, most Ibos nearly developed BP up to the level that one unscrupulous journalist among them used a derogatory term on them for what? You are talking of cooperation when you always see the Yorubas as people you cant cooperate with courtesy of your delusional issue of betrayal. Late Sam Okwaraji was honoured by Fashola as Lagos governor, how many eastern governor has honoured the late Rashidi Yekin? Prior to the declaration by Buhari, how many eastern states recognise June 12? Oga, leave story we are not one in southern Nigeria and the Yorubas that were hitherto not conscious of this fact are coming to terms with reality, we have not seen anything yet. Southern my foot!

so u mean that it is no longer "one nigeria"
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by afroniger: 3:32pm On Jun 10, 2019
naptu2:
Igbere TV is heavily campaigning for Orji Uzor Kalu.

I thought I was the only one that saw this trend. Could they be affiliated to Orji Kalu in any way?
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by femolii: 3:34pm On Jun 10, 2019
rusher14:

He was president of Nigeria for 3 years.

Ekwueme VP for 4 and a half years.

Goodluck Azikiwe Jonathan 5 years.

Abeg let others see road.
Azikiwe is a ceremonial president he is just a figure eith tafawabala is the one in charged of the country during that time prime minister.
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by kinguwem: 3:41pm On Jun 10, 2019
post=79194281:
Time to ponder........

SOUTH EAST: IS IT NOT TOO LATE?

I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake. Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine. 

My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'. 

REWIND TO 2014. 
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance. 

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.

We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence. The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.

Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.

That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did. 

Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'.
We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.

We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.

Fast forward to where we are today. Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more. 

We have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023", they don't want us in the National Assembly".
Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.

Of course. We will believe Saraki, but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has barely finished one tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma. 

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023? 
On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone? 
Is it an appeasement or a gift? 

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested. 

Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game. 

As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.

For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. I heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?

All these guys below have all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.

I've learnt not to bother myself anymore.
As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu!!

See ya NL! wink
Let's get it right. The people of the South East are not interested in political positions but in restructuring & self determination. Those glamouring for NASS positions under a party that is not popular in the South East are not representing the interest nor the aspiration of the people. The way the country is structured, even if an Igbo man is President, the fortunes of the people will not change significantly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by Justiceleague1: 3:41pm On Jun 10, 2019
post=79194351:

So uneducated a post.
PDP's 1st tenure in 1999 had Obj,SW,as president. Atiku, NE, as vice. Ewerem,SE,senate President. The NW was speaker. I can't recall the deputy senate President and deputy speaker.
All regions were fairly represented.

You ignorantly spoke about PDP vice president when you know full well that PDP operates on zoning. Didn't PDP zone the senate Presidency to the SE?
You childishly checked and saw that that the SE have been senate President and deputy senate President at sometime and you quickly settled for "vice Presidency''

What a shame

Btw,who's talking about the vice presidency?
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by femolii: 3:44pm On Jun 10, 2019
bigfish3k:

sout west was zoned speakership by the PDP . true or false

stop all these propaganda and please name the juicy positions u said SE enjoyed under jona
E pain you OSU son.

1 Like

Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by Justiceleague1: 3:47pm On Jun 10, 2019
kinguwem:
Let's get it right. The people of the South East are not interested in political positions but in restructuring & self determination. Those glamouring for NASS positions under a party that is not popular in the South East are not representing the interest nor the aspiration of the people. The way the country is structured, even if an Igbo man is President, the fortunes of the people will not change significantly.

God bless you richly.

The country is so unfortunate to have so much low lifers and small minds as her teeming youth.
Political positions means the whole world. Funny thing is,they have absolutely nothing to show for the decades they've been clamouring for political positions. Things still remain the same, backward.
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by HAKYN1: 3:53pm On Jun 10, 2019
bigfish3k:

so u mean that it is no longer "one nigeria"

There has never been one Nigeria, we are just managing the situation and I want to assure you that in the next ten years the Ibos and Yorubas will be so divided because the Yorubas are getting conscious

1 Like

Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by farem: 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2019
bigfish3k:

we are talking about region here , not tribe
any tribe can be found in any region

What we known is zone in Nigeria. South is not better than South south in anyway.
They lost presidency since 2015 and have not been seen mourning.
Shouldn't they be recognised after all, Senate presidency and DSP is almost the exclusivity of the south East.
Make dem relax for the others na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by rummmy: 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2019
rusher14:

So do SE.

Abi una don sack Secondus?
secandus is from andoni local government area rivers state.. Now correct yourself.
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by rusher14: 4:01pm On Jun 10, 2019
rummmy:
secandus is from andoni local government area rivers state.. Now correct yourself.

APGA nko?

YPP?
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by deji17: 4:14pm On Jun 10, 2019
Minority leader has been zoned to South East
PDP is Igbo, Igbo is PDP.
Next is 2023 PDP Presidential candidate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kaduna labour crisis: NLC Threatens National Strike / Bayo Onanuga: Peter Obi Amplifies Falsehood, Spewing All Manners Of Lies / Appeal Court Reverses Tribunal Decisions, affirms LP's Ogah, Nnamchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.