Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,172 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief (16427 Views)

Produce Nnamdi Kanu In Court, His Absence Will Spell Doom – MASSOB Tells FG / Unreturning Lawmakers Evacuate Personal Belongings From NASS, Staff Mock Them / Photos From NASS Resumption After Annual Recess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by deomelo: 4:17am On Jun 11, 2019
Is it not funny that the Yoruba and the Hausa/Fulani want to take everything with what they have introduced as a new lexicon in our national politics? They ask:What did the Southeast bring to the table? When did that become a national benchmark for national inclusion

You don't want to include yourself politically or put skin in the game, but when it's time to share, you want to be included?

Don't you first have to include yourself when others are struggling, fighting and sowing the seed before asking for anything?

These Igbos sef..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by mrchineke: 4:27am On Jun 11, 2019
onyeopobo:

All these secondary school students who post here. What I wrote was void of tribal sentiments but common sense.

Let me say what I said in a way a person like you might understand. A facially deformed man who finds it difficult to find women who'd sleep with sleep him for free went and picked up an ashawo and as per normal the ashawo asked for her 5k upfront cash. The guy paid. When they got to the bedroom, time to enter, the guys penis refused to stand, and after several minutes of trying to come up an erection, the guy got mad and stormed out of the room. When he got home he was so mad, he grabbed a knife and cut off his penis, after which he told the already cut off penis to cry him a river, I guess we can all imagine what happened 30 mins after the guy cut off his penis.

The facially deformed man is nigeria, the ashawo is the election, the penis is a majority tribe in the country. Put 2 and 2 together hope say you get my point now.

Cutting off a Majority tribe in Nigeria from Governance because they didnt vote for your party and trolling them about it is a STUPID and DANGEROUS thing to do in a country like nigeria whose togetherness is on murky waters, a country already awash with insane levels of poverty and insecurity.

The right thing the APC party should be asking is what can we do to bring the IGBOS on board this our party, why are they not voting for us? How can we entrap them to believe in this party the way they believe in PDP. How can we make our Party a true Nigerian Party that all tribes have no problem identifying with?

Waste of precious time! Let the Igbos go and die of hate. They have been cut off so let them do their worst.
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by omerukokwuru(m): 6:16am On Jun 11, 2019
nigeria is a scam, no one believes in it, it is a mistake of Britain, created purely for their administrative convenience, we are either Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa and this is the single and only problem in this contraption and there is no magic that can change this reality, the mirage called one nigeria remains a mirage, the shit-hole will never achieve any meaningful progress in the next 1000 years until a de-colonization is commissioned to divorce this unnatural amalgamation
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by kingzizzy: 6:42am On Jun 11, 2019
post=79194281:
Time to ponder........

SOUTH EAST: IS IT NOT TOO LATE?

I will chip this in just to keep the reality before us, at least for posterity sake. Truth is bitter but it's still the best medicine. 

My people say; 'He who does not remember where the rain started beating him, will not remember where it stopped'. 

REWIND TO 2014. 
A new National Party was being conceived. Political Parties, political players and Regions were being wooed to the new alliance. 

'We' Igbos (read South East) vehemently refused to touch it even with a long pole. We packaged, sold to ourselves and bought the baseless propaganda that it was an Islamic alliance that would birth an "Islamic" and "Hausa" Party. Simply because those our brethren heavily invested in the PDP at the time were afraid of losing their vested selfish interests.
Till today I'm still trying to fathom the basis for that wicked and twisted deceit especially as many of those Igbo elites who sold that dummy have since ported to the same APC.

We failed to even identify with that new Alliance. Hence the Party, APC was birthed without any remarkable input from us or presence. The few amongst us who aligned were called all kinds of names and abused to high heavens by us even when they were proven right afterall.

Thus the few Igbos who were part of it were at best fringe players as they didn't have the required clout to make serious demands and do the necessary political wheeling and dealing required in Politics to strike the hard bargains since politics is all about interests and numbers. They were even suspect, so much so that it was only their personal political sagacity that gave them whatever they got.

That Party went on to win the Presidential Election which in truth, most of us never believed it could or would, because of our half baked permutations and poor understanding of Nigerian politics. But it did. 

Curiously we turned up at the fore front of telling this same Party how it should share it's 'spoils of war'.
We became hypocritical moral champions with an over bloated sense of entitlement. Who does that, in all political reality and practicality? But we did, even while vehemently and vociferously still refusing to shift our position, style and rhethoric.

We dug in. Supported every bad thing and person against the Party, the elected President and the Administration while denying any and every good done to and for our Region.

Fast forward to where we are today. Almost four years after the 2015 misadventure, we have stayed put at 2015, refusing to move forward, refusing to shift grounds, refusing to play pragmatic politics, telling ourselves the same lies we cooked and bought in 2015 and some more. 

We have started again saying "APC cannot give Presidency to Igbos in 2023", they don't want us in the National Assembly".
Buhari cannot hand over to an Igbo man because Buhari hates Igbos". "APC is deceiving you", bla bla bla.

Of course. We will believe Saraki, but we can't believe Buhari who's already President and who has a record of voluntarily picking two great Igbo sons as running mates in the past? Chukwu aju.

It is interesting and vital to note here that the PDP which many of us still proudly support and adore was in power for 16 solid years and in those years there were 4 Presidential Inaugurations and on none of those was an Igbo man found worthy by the PDP of even Vice Presidency and we are still bold to say it is the APC that has barely finished one tenure that doesn't want to give power to Igbos. Odi nma. 

NOW; Seriously, let's be sincere. As things stand today politically, why would the APC even hand power to us Igbos in 2023? 
On what grounds? 
On what records?
On what politics?
Is power given to anyone? 
Is it an appeasement or a gift? 

The APC is a political party. The main focus of a political Party is to hold power and keep it to enable it deliver on its agenda. So if the APC reads that the SE does not want the Presidency or does not have the capacity to help them win and keep power, they will stick with the regions that can and work with individuals who are interested. 

Make no mistake, I have always said, I do not blame us Igbos for the decision majority of us took in 2015. It's our right. But continuing to pretend that it was other regions, Buhari or the APC that made us do what we did then or remain where we are today is purely self deceit and I refuse to play that ostrich game. 

As far back as 2014, I and many others made that argument that Igbo Presidency was very feasible in 2023, ONLY under under the APC, ONLY IF we did a couple of things right politically. I personally continued to speak loudly on that even after the 2015 elections until when I realized that we were not ready to play the politics that was required and now I dare say it may be too late. Or is it not? Time will tell.

For now, we can continue to tell ourselves that we cannot hold the Presidency of Nigeria. I heard and read many of our brethren go from PDP to Biafra/seccesion (read IPOB) to Referendum to "Igbos do not need Presidency but Restructuring" etc forgetting that all that didn't lie squarely with us alone. We think other regions are not reading our body language?

All these guys below have all come to realize that it's very easy to play us like a flute. So like Saraki, like Fani Kayode, like Fayose, like Atiku, even Jonah Jang of all people, they keep playing us.

I've learnt not to bother myself anymore.
As some of us have said, it's good governance we want, even if only one village will be producing the Presidents. So be it.

Ka Chineke mezie okwu!!

See ya NL! wink

But Igbos dont trust APC. It is not a party most Igbos identify with. So are you suggesting that Igbos should betray their conscience and support a political party they have no belief in just because of political positions?

That would be pretty and self deceiving

If every body supported APC for political positions, it would no longer be politics.

APC will not always be in power, not political party always is. One day. APC will one day be swept away from power just like PDP and that might be in 2023 when there will be no more Buhari for the North to vote for

The presidency of Nigeria is not everything, Igbos have done well for themselves without and will continue to do well without it
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by Yyeske(m): 7:08am On Jun 11, 2019
mightyhaze:
u can switch to all your scores of monikers to reply me,it doesnt stop deciphering minds from decoding ur dubious game
Somali Jew, kontinew
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by Yyeske(m): 7:18am On Jun 11, 2019
Justiceleague1:

So lay.
So the Igbos were responsible for the death of yar adua,huh?
A bloody agreement was reached by who,by the so called 3 major tribes,huh,3 bloody major tribes who cannot survive, especially the big4nothing north, without the Niger Delta,you mean?
GEJ was vice to yar adua and took his chance for himself,as a politician with political ambition and for his Niger Delta region, just like other individual in similar circumstances would have done.

You surely didn't expect GEJ or the Niger Delta to just wish such grand opportunity. And you also seem to forget that the president wields enormous power. The north couldn't overcome GEJ 2011 and you expect the Igbos who do not have the northern might to challenge and overcome GEJ 2011/2015?

It ain't supposed to be an issue cos it would amount to sheer evil and gross wickedness for any region to have told GEJ,who represents the Niger Delta,a region long neglected and same region that sustains the so called 3 major tribes,to move and just give way like they mean nothing,do you?

I am a Niger Deltan from Edo and I am routing for the SE cos I believe in fairness.

I am not even happy over the proposed deputy senate Presidency to be handed over to the SS,that's also very unfair.

You guys should continue doing what you like,keep on short changing others.

The Ijaws had the presidency against all odds for 6years. Nobody expected that.
God is seeing everything.

Goodluck
So says an IPOB yoot, always mouthing. Niger Deltan indeed.

FYI, the SS are in a more advantageous position in both parties, APC and PDP unlike the SE where we are minorities.

Secondus, Wike etc control the PDP.
Oshiohmole, Omo Agege etc in charge in APC.
All SS and not SE.

Which one is the Igbos in charge of aside APGA?
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by bigfish3k: 10:32am On Jun 11, 2019
farem:

You will be quoting trash upandan when you are at the disadvantage as if you have removed memory cards upon anyone about how it rolled with gej régime

how is the truth that i pasted/quoted there trash
btw, explain how igbos took advantage of jonathans cabinet... all these things are just propaganda against igbos

how about other regimes before jona.. also kindly explain who has been enjoying the positions
from gowon,muritala,obasanjo,shagari,buhari,babangida,shonekan,abacha,abdulsalami,obasanjo,yar adua, jona, buhari

so out of these 13 regimes igbos enjoyed power only in jonas regime(which is not even true) because jona only worked for the north, please explain who has been having advantage in all these other regimes mentioned above.
propaganda will not just allow u people to be fair to the igbos.
my happiness is the advent of the internet that is making mess of all ur age long lies against the igbos
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by bigfish3k: 10:59am On Jun 11, 2019
farem:

You will be quoting trash upandan when you are at the disadvantage as if you have removed memory cards upon anyone about how it rolled with gej régime

the north has three geo political zones
1.president - north west
2.senate president - north east
3.deputy speaker - north central

the south also has three geo political zones
1.vice president- SW
2.speaker - SW
3.dep. senate president - SS
4.SE- nothing

you can see that the north is fair to itself and they can obtain unity within themselves because of equity. but down south here : from the above the SW is smiling because it has usurped the position of the SE and u are OK with the cheating. later in 2023 u will come preaching about southern unity.
you can see that u people are the ones betraying southern unity. continue

1 Like

Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by farem: 12:06pm On Jun 11, 2019
bigfish3k:

1.president - north west

1.vice president- SW
2.speaker - SW
4.SE- nothing

you can see that the north is fair to itself and they can obtain unity within themselves because of equity. but down south here : from the above the SW is smiling because it has usurped the position of the SE and u are OK with the cheating. later in 2023 u will come preaching about southern unity.

This is an unneeded epistle!

Give us how it transpired under gej, period!
No sermon
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by farem: 12:09pm On Jun 11, 2019
bigfish3k:

how is the truth that i pasted/quoted there trash
btw, explain how igbos took advantage of jonathans cabinet... all these things are just propaganda against igbos

how about other regimes before jona.. also kindly explain who has been enjoying the positions
from gowon,muritala,obasanjo,shagari,buhari,babangida,shonekan,abacha,abdulsalami,obasanjo,yar adua, jona, buhari

so out of these 13 regimes igbos enjoyed power only in jonas regime(which is not even true) because jona only worked for the north, please explain who has been having advantage in all these other regimes mentioned above.
propaganda will not just allow u people to be fair to the igbos.
my happiness is the advent of the internet that is making mess of all ur age long lies against the igbos

Give us how it transpired under gej,. I mean key positions, period!
No sermon
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by bigfish3k: 12:30pm On Jun 11, 2019
farem:

Give us how it transpired under gej,. I mean key positions, period!
No sermon

u are the one doing the accusations, so the onus is on u to substantiate ur claims that the SE dominated in his regime
so other regimes numbering more than 13 that igbos didnt benefit from shouldnt be looked into, its only one regime that you think that the igbos benefitted that should be looked iinto.

hope u can see how biased nigerians are against the igbos
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by Kfed4ril(m): 9:18am On Jun 13, 2019
olajide8:

Would this man kip kwayet- when the south west was excluded did the nation burn - rubbish

When was the south west excluded?
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by olajide8(m): 9:21pm On Jun 13, 2019
bigfish3k:

1.president - north west

1.vice president- SW
2.speaker - SW
4.SE- nothing

2011-2014 for the ostriches that are quick to lie to themselves

President S.S
V.P north central
SGF S.E
HOS SS
Senate president N.C
Deputy SP South east
Majority leader SS
Minority NC
Speaker North west
Deputy speaker S.E
Majority leader S.W after they skimmed her out of the speaker ship Nigeria did not burn, neither did it split.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/7th_National_Assembly

1 Like

Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by olajide8(m): 9:24pm On Jun 13, 2019
olajide8:

President S.S
V.P north central
SGF S.E
HOS SS
Senate president N.C
Deputy SP South east
Majority leader SS
Minority NC
Speaker North west
Deputy speaker S.E
Majority leader S.W after they skimmed her out of the speaker ship Nigeria did not burn, neither did it split.

Kfed4ril:

When was the south west excluded?
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by olajide8(m): 9:25pm On Jun 13, 2019
Your answer

olajide8:

President S.S
V.P north central
SGF S.E
HOS SS
Senate president N.C
Deputy SP South east
Majority leader SS
Minority NC
Speaker North west
Deputy speaker S.E

bigfish3k:

SW was never excluded. Speaker was rightly zoned to them by PDP but the powers that be in APC South West ensured that it didnt materialise.
Reason that i later learnt and looks reasonable is that they said jajaban doesnt want any figure that can arise in the SW again that can be challenging his authority just the way bankole almost succeeded in doing

How fallacious, the minority opposition -made sure the party with an overwhelming majority did not produce a speaker from the SW - Hmmmmmmm very interesting, broz u need to take alabukun, it may help solve your problem- the same way they said 16 is great then 19 during the chairman of the governors forum election

1 Like

Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by olajide8(m): 9:35pm On Jun 13, 2019
Your answer is below - and Google is your friend O! They went as far as making sure even within the executive hierarchy no south westerner was represented the chief justice was even from the NW, the only place the SW had representation was in the airforce and the dude was a crook amosu he stole all the airforce money like his colleagues

olajide8:

President S.S
V.P north central
SGF S.E
HOS SS
Senate president N.C
Deputy SP South east
Majority leader SS
Minority NC
Speaker North west
Deputy speaker S.E

somadinho10:
please brother when was the south west excluded... Please enlighten us since 1999....thanks
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by SolexOlenin(m): 10:40pm On Jun 13, 2019
The kind of president Nigeria has does not care about any democratic feature that calls for "minority right". Nigerians have an authoritarian, a dictator, and at the same time, a jihadist, as the leader of the scam called Nigeria.

What a shame...
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by bigfish3k: 12:04pm On Jun 14, 2019
olajide8:
Your answer

How fallacious, the minority opposition -made sure the party with an overwhelming majority did not produce a speaker from the SW - Hmmmmmmm very interesting, broz u need to take alabukun, it may help solve your problem- the same way they said 16 is great then 19 during the chairman of the governors forum election

your above statement means that u have not been following nigerian politics
the speakership was rightly zoned to the SW but was thwarted by the SW themselves because of the reason i gave u. it happened , not a fallacy.
APC block votes from the SW plus some other PDP members from the north who were happy that the speakership was coming to them. what do u expect
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by olajide8(m): 12:31pm On Jun 14, 2019
bigfish3k:

your above statement means that u have not been following nigerian politics
the speakership was rightly zoned to the SW but was thwarted by the SW themselves because of the reason i gave u. it happened , not a fallacy.
APC block votes from the SW plus some other PDP members from the north who were happy that the speakership was coming to them. what do u expect

Well I know you are trying to lay the blame on the SW, for not producing the speaker because of the politics they played but the fact remains, the SW was excluded, any other thing is our individual opinions - the facts are evident and whatever else is said is personally inferred, our opinions, I gave you a run down also of within the executive arm of govt and the same thing applied to the judicial arm of govt, the facts are there
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by bigfish3k: 2:21pm On Jun 14, 2019
olajide8:

Well I know you are trying to lay the blame on the SW, for not producing the speaker because of the politics they played but the fact remains, the SW was excluded, any other thing is our individual opinions - the facts are evident and whatever else is said is personally inferred, our opinions, I gave you a run down also of within the executive arm of govt and the same thing applied to the judicial arm of govt, the facts are there

am not trying to lay the blame
the blame is on them not me laying it. how i wish there was an immediate divine penalty for telling lies, you people that have been lying against the igbos unjustly would have stopped.
judiciary is not by appointment, its done in sequence of seniority. hope u know there was no igbo man there

in APC govt , igbos are not remembered in anything.
but these yorubas served under jonathan as top security officers
1.oluseyi petirin - CDS
2.Ola Ibrahim - CDS
3.Amosu -COAirStaff
4.Ade Abolurin -Civil defence Commandant
5.Ayo Oke - NIA

when i remember others i will write u
Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by olajide8(m): 3:57pm On Jun 14, 2019
bigfish3k:

am not trying to lay the blame
the blame is on them not me laying it. how i wish there was an immediate divine penalty for telling lies, you people that have been lying against the igbos unjustly would have stopped.
judiciary is not by appointment, its done in sequence of seniority. hope u know there was no igbo man there

in APC govt , igbos are not remembered in anything.
but these yorubas served under jonathan as top security officers
1.oluseyi petirin - CDS
2.Ola Ibrahim - CDS
3.Amosu -COAirStaff
4.Ade Abolurin -Civil defence Commandant
5.Ayo Oke - NIA

when i remember others i will write u

We can still invoke some of the old gods, because we nigerians no get respect for God almighty - we lie, twist truth, tell half truths and castigate those that tell the truth, we even manipulate facts and misrepresent them just to prove a point

Petirin Obj 2nd term, and yar adua 1st term
ola ibrahim Obj he actually took over from victor malu
ade abolurin Obj founding CG of nscdc - he still reports to the SGF so?
amosu, Ayo oke were the only ones that participated in the 2011-2015 administration - and Ayo oke reports to the SGF- for better understanding he is not within the 1-5 of the executive structure angry

I also thought igbos are not nigerians why should anyone that doesn't believe in nigeria want to hold any office in nigeria - they refer to nigeria as a zoo - they have forgotten that they are also part of the animals in the zoo-

Executive
President
Vice president
Sgf
Hos
CDS

Judiciary

Cjn
President court of appeal
Chairman federal high court

Legislature

Senate president
Deputy senate president
Speaker
Deputy speaker
Majority leader senate

In the country arrangement-

President
Vice president
Senate president
Deputy senate president
Speaker
Deputy speaker
CJN
SGF
HOS

1 Like

Re: Excluding South East From NASS Leadership Will Spell Doom - APC Chief by bigfish3k: 4:46pm On Jun 14, 2019
olajide8:

We can still invoke some of the old gods, because we nigerians no get respect for God almighty - we lie, twist truth, tell half truths and castigate those that tell the truth, we even manipulate facts and misrepresent them just to prove a point

Petirin Obj 2nd term, and yar adua 1st term
ola ibrahim Obj he actually took over from victor malu
ade abolurin Obj founding CG of nscdc - he still reports to the SGF so?
amosu, Ayo oke were the only ones that participated in the 2011-2015 administration - and Ayo oke reports to the SGF- for better understanding he is not within the 1-5 of the executive structure angry

I also thought igbos are not nigerians why should anyone that doesn't believe in nigeria want to hold any office in nigeria - they refer to nigeria as a zoo - they have forgotten that they are also part of the animals in the zoo-

Executive
President
Vice president
Sgf
Hos
CDS

Judiciary

Cjn
Chairman federal high court

Legislature

Senate president
Deputy senate president
Speaker
Deputy speaker
Majority leader senate

In the country arrangement-

President
Vice president
Senate president
Deputy senate president
Speaker
Deputy speaker
CJN
SGF
HOS

so why then accusing igbos if its only three positions they occupied under jonathan being : SGF,deputy SP and Dep Speaker.

btw, see below

Jonathan Appoints Ola Ibrahim as New Defence Chief
www.sharpedgenews.com/index.php?option=com_k2...id...ola-ibrahim...
on Thursday the replacement of the Chief of Defense Staff, Air Chief Marshal Oluseyi Petinrin with Vice Admiral Ola Ibrahim. Presidential special adviser on ...

jonathan inherited petirin from yaAdua and he worked with jona for 6 months... which means he worked under jona
jonathan inherited abolurin and allowed him to serve until the end of his tenure.. which means he worked under jona without facing sack

in this APC administration there is even no security post that we can even be reporting to the SGF

your talk about we not being nigerians is hypocrytical.
u should have allowed us to go with our oil, why fight to death to keep us when u know we are not part of u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Total Road Network By Geopolitical Zones - StatiSense Result / Train Ride From Lagos To Kano (live Blogging)- Premium Times / Oby Ezekwesili Celebrates Her 53rd Birthday Today With Throwback Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.