Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,223 members, 7,825,849 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? (26423 Views)

Training On How To Use Fruit To Make Fufu Or Swallow At Home / This New Restaurant Called Spyce Uses Only Robots To Cook All Its Meals (video). / What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by goat22: 4:54am On Jun 12, 2019
dominique:

Yeah
Is Akamu a swallow? undecided
Yes.
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by ibkayee(f): 5:02am On Jun 12, 2019
theBaGG:

How would you even chew something like that.. you’re disgusting smh�
wink
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by ibkayee(f): 5:03am On Jun 12, 2019
Naijal:
you chew Amala
I can try soften other heavier foods like pounded yam and Garri. but Amala is not to be chewed, I repeat it is not to be chewed.

Google Amala skye to know more.
Lol I used to
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by ibkayee(f): 5:04am On Jun 12, 2019
chiboy1116:
I thought it is pronounced poundi? No wonder this girl was looking at me like an idiot the other day .
Lool, maybe it is
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by ibkayee(f): 5:04am On Jun 12, 2019
BdorianGray:

Lol! You used to chew it? Chew what? Ogbomosho Amala that one can drink like pap is what u used to chew...
Smh.. grin
grin
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by amakadihot87(f): 5:13am On Jun 12, 2019
Lol..... chewing eba looks weird,my elder brother was very fund of that and I never liked eating eba with him.......... personally I can't even chew eba cos it disgusts me
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by Ayobamigiven: 5:27am On Jun 12, 2019
Funny enough, i dont chew anything.
Even food like rice, beans, spaghetti, noodles and other are direct swallow,
but yam, meat and fish i only break down with my teeth twice or thrice and then swallow.
Eating is stressful, i let the stomach do the stress.
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by Odunharry(m): 6:19am On Jun 12, 2019
dominique:

I know. I just can't figure out how one can swallow morsels of food without chewing first.
Na wah o. You chew your swallow?
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by AnanseK(m): 6:22am On Jun 12, 2019
Teddiie:
I chew mine.Never knew I was supposed to swallow it until a friend told me but I still chew it..

All foods are supposed to be chewed. Drinks are to be swallowed. This aids digestion.

This is another area of North/ South divide in Nigeria. Northerners chew all foods, rice, Tuwo, eba, pounded yam and all. Southerners swallow those foods they call swallow. I swallow only water and other drinks. Everything else I chew very well before swallowing.

1 Like

Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by oluwasegun007(m): 6:26am On Jun 12, 2019
Teddiie:
I chew mine.Never knew I was supposed to swallow it until a friend told me but I still chew it..

I thought I was alone in these...

Which is why I don't like eating swallow outside my house..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by ADMAF(m): 6:55am On Jun 12, 2019
ibkayee:
I used to chew it until I found out you’re supposed to just swallow it.

Always thought I was committing sacrilege against the gods of the land by chewing my swallow so I kept it a closely guarded secret grin. I chew every food.... To the extent that I even attempt it on custard and ogi.
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by SamPeeLamen(m): 7:01am On Jun 12, 2019
Nna you see ehn, i chew anything that enters my mouth. i chew pap, even tea isn't spared. You hear me gnashing my teeth when i take tea
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by Isnow: 7:02am On Jun 12, 2019
CaptainMitch:
I still chew it, especially pounded yam and white soup with plenty goat meat. But i eat with a spoon, never my hand.

as ajibo wey u be abi...nonsense ingredients
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by Isnow: 7:02am On Jun 12, 2019
CaptainMitch:
I still chew it, especially pounded yam and white soup with plenty goat meat. But i eat with a spoon, never my hand.

using spoon as ajibo wey u be abi...nonsense ingredients
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by Damfostopper(m): 7:05am On Jun 12, 2019
it's only goats that chew "swallow"........ two of my Corper friends in Ibadan that use to stay with me always chew swallow.... I find it odd..... so I have to eat separately........

they can't even roll eba properly and swallow..... they will cut it roughly and put it in soup and then put it in their mouth and start chewing...... before you know pieces of the eba are inside the soup......

well it seems majority of Yorubas chew swallow instead of swallowing ....

you chew rice, beans, plantain and others before swallowing.... but for wheat, semovita, eba, you swallow it....

Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by Damfostopper(m): 7:09am On Jun 12, 2019
ibkayee:
Lol I used to
you chew Amala.??...... dark teeth loading......

well chewing the extraordinary is part of Yoruba

Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by CaptainMitch: 7:17am On Jun 12, 2019
enemyofprogress:
0/10 E pain am. Olodo tongue tongue

Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 12, 2019
AntiBrutus:
Ah. My baby made FP.

When did she create this?

I swallow babe and I swallow a lot.

Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by Nobody: 7:37am On Jun 12, 2019
I have been slammed and blamed for chewing my "swallows" as a kid,lot,but I was used to it besides after chewing I swallow, is that not what its all about?chewing makes me feel the food,there is this sensation to it lol,I believe only "swallow chewers" can understand.���
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by Ombudsdabomb: 7:43am On Jun 12, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.... I can imagine... Hahahaha
bigl:

I do chew before until the day bone from fish stood gidigba across my throat... big ball of eba couldn't push it and i suffered for some hours ... so since that day, even if na akamu (pap), i will chew .... fear of bones is the beginning of wisdom

1 Like

Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:47am On Jun 12, 2019
BdorianGray:

Na so! U weh I see for Calabar kitchen for off Allen dey swallow hot pounded yam and edikikong...
U imagine no one was watching ba!...

You no well..
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by freemi(m): 7:47am On Jun 12, 2019
ToyinDipo:
I chew all day, any day. Though I was always corrected for it.
pls when u chew dos it even ve any taste? I jst feel everythn wl b tasteless. .
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by freemi(m): 7:50am On Jun 12, 2019
omale88:
I have been slammed and blamed for chewing my "swallows" as a kid,lot,but I was used to it besides after chewing I swallow, is that not what its all about?chewing makes me feel the food,there is this sensation to it lol,I believe only "swallow chewers" can understand.���
if i chew eba na vomit staight. .wunna d try
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by Goalnaldo(m): 7:51am On Jun 12, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

You no well..
so if I take you out on a date you will chew pounded yam and disgrace me in public. Please change that habit. Somethings are meant to be chewed, some are meant to be swallowed.
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by freemi(m): 7:52am On Jun 12, 2019
ibkayee:
I used to chew it until I found out you’re supposed to just swallow it

Edit:
Didn’t phrase my question clearly.
I mean ‘swallows’ like pounded yam, amala, semolina etc.
i love ths threat. .i didnt bliv pple stil chew. .n i'm suprise so many pple here chew
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by Goalnaldo(m): 7:52am On Jun 12, 2019
freemi:
pls when u chew dos it even ve any taste? I jst feel everythn wl b tasteless. .
and it will gum to your teeth.
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 12, 2019
freemi:
if i chew eba na vomit staight. .wunna d try
Its a personality thing not a trait thing,my folks are real time swallowers but I just can't swallow without chewing
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by Probz(m): 7:58am On Jun 12, 2019
Anyone over the age of reason who chews any swallow other than agidi should be castrated. Especially an onye Igbo.
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by nwanyiugbo122(f): 8:00am On Jun 12, 2019
I used to fight with my 4 years old duaghter to swallow without chewing, but it seems to be a futile effort coz she can't swallow without chewing. I see it as a bad eating habit.
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 12, 2019
Goalnaldo:
and it will gum to your teeth.
Lol it doesn't stick to your teeth,lol thats why the saliva is in your mouth to prevent that.
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:02am On Jun 12, 2019
Goalnaldo:
so if I take you out on a date you will chew pounded yam and disgrace me in public. Please change that habit. Somethings are meant to be chewed, some are meant to be swallowed.

I have tried to. It is something I grew up with. I have never been able to swallow. I will choke if I do. Besides, the taste of the pudding is in the 'chewing'.
Re: Do You Chew Or Swallow Your ‘swallow’ Meals? by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 12, 2019
I chew mine first because I usually get this fear that my throat will get injured or wide if I just swallow and now I am used to chewing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Where To But Cinnamon Sticks Or Grounded One. / See How I Make Stir Fry Spaghetti, So Delicious (Photos, Video) / Hungry Man Indomie Is Now ₦800

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.