Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,412 members, 7,815,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

"We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians (16193 Views)

Singer Simi To Upcoming Artistes: "If You Want It Badly, Always Sell Yourself" / 'Stop listening or buying Our Music' - Singer Simi to Yahooboys / Simi To Release Her Next Album On Her 31st Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by Toreddo3679(m): 12:16pm On Jun 11, 2019
Dadaboy:
Ever since NairaMarley and his gangs started defending fraud, Nigerian passport holders have been facing serious scrutiny and denials including Celebrities (i know a few that got denied for no reasons including myself on the ground they think i will not return) me with good travel history with only 18days overstay one time

Nigerians case is being handled worldwide
are you also a celebrity? grin

Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by blackslayer: 12:32pm On Jun 11, 2019
With the nonsense ebonics "How we gon" that she is speaking, she needs to fix that first! Talking about doing things right!!!
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by blackslayer: 12:36pm On Jun 11, 2019
2019elections:
If I may ask, who are the WE?

In this country, citizens are already pushed to the wall and definitely will want to defy all odds to survive.
How do you tell someone who hawks pure water under a scotching sun that "change begins with him"?

How do u tell someone who graduated 5 yrs ago without a job that he or she should live a decent life?

With all due respect to Simi, most of these celebrities did crazy things to get to the top. When they do, they start giving motivational speeches / advises.

Dear Simi, there is frustration in the land. Such advice can't through the grassroot. At this stage we are, everyone is displaying his/her survival ability.

I'm so sorry to say this... Nigeria isn't looking to be better, at least not in some decades to come.

Modified

To those quoting me, the ambition of an average Nigerian is to meet his basic needs, not necessarily to live large, if such basic needs aren't met, he goes prowling. Most people dwell in illegalities to survive.

One day, the poor will have nothing to feed on but the rich.

Iamvictorbassey said and I quote:
'Always remember that everything in Nigeria is trying to kill you.

A time is coming soon when our children will sue us to court and win, for giving birth to them in Nigeria without provisions and without their consent.

I'm scared of having kids. Because this thing we're living is not Life. We're just breathing in Nigeria"

You are 100% on point!

1 Like

Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by richmind2019(m): 12:36pm On Jun 11, 2019
Abkreizi:

Bantering words with your type would be nothing but pouring water on stone.

It's your inferiority complex and failure as a human that will make you wish for imperialist to rule your nation which they deem jungle of savages .

I know you won't know who imperialists are so take a moment to check your dictionary. In case the only object you know that has the syllabi dick in it is that in between your legs. It's a book with words and meaning .Is that basic enough for a plebeian like you?

As for my generation they aren't present yet and I doubt that with an ancestor like me they would kowtow to imperialist like uneducated, sycophants like you.

hypocrite thank god ur unfortunate generations are not born yet....and we might NEVER se them
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by djon78(m): 12:37pm On Jun 11, 2019
Litmus:
All nations in the world need fixing. No nation is FIXED, all are works in progress - literally. There'd be no need for the concept of heaven in dreams if a Developed Nation existed on Earth. The tragedy of Nigeria is that they have been successfully fooled into believing that there are nations out there that are "Developed" ( Perfect even) instead of what those nations are, which is different not even Developed let alone superior palaces. The tragedy is that Nigerians are being driven to self destruction. What constitute perfect human living conditions is something for philosophical debate. I've been to places in Jamaica where Rastars live off the land, have no electricity, fetch water from stream, wash clothes in stream , sleep in zinc and stick sharks and are perfectly happy and do not want to live the Western lifestyle. The African American Searching for Uhoru left a corporate America existence to come share in his dream of a different type of living in Africa. Scenery for scenery, infrastructure for infrastructure, space for space, Africa is not better than America Yet he is willing to leave all that behind in order to live in Africa. You know why? See, beyond his dream for self respect in finding a common purpose with his African kin, he understands that life could be a different thing from all that American Electricity, high rise buildings, smooth car highways and insufferable sense of superiority destroying the humanity of the whites there. He understands the meaning of Quality of Life. He understands that fulfilling life is a complex combination of things.

Upshot, stop down talking Nigeria. Nigeria is great.

Delusion grandeur
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by Rolly22(m): 12:39pm On Jun 11, 2019
Abkreizi:

Bantering words with your type would be nothing but pouring water on stone.

It's your inferiority complex and failure as a human that will make you wish for imperialist to rule your nation which they deem jungle of savages .

I know you won't know who imperialists are so take a moment to check your dictionary. In case the only object you know that has the syllabi dick in it is that in between your legs. It's a book with words and meaning .Is that basic enough for a plebeian like you?

As for my generation they aren't present yet and I doubt that with an ancestor like me they would kowtow to imperialist like uneducated, sycophants like you.

Na mental and Colonial mentality still dey worry am
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by 400billionman: 12:47pm On Jun 11, 2019
They are good in destruction not in fixing.

It is easier to live with some animals than some Nigerians.

That's being nice enough.

If you find it so easy to destroy something that doesn't belong to you or because it belongs to the state, how do you expect to have yours ?
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by richarduko: 1:08pm On Jun 11, 2019
simi Nigerian are not ready for that redemption including you..................wen we're ready we'll take back the country like others the so called good image country.......the lady minister say it all,wen we're ready we'll defiled all forms of privileged,status, wealthy, mediocrity,fear and ask for a better life for all Nigerians irrespective of creed, religion political affiliation,tribe, educational attainment and sex..........a restructured Nigeria..., Nigeria wit strong institutions,.... corruption free Nigeria... Nigeria were leaders take blames for failure and bow out wen necessary..... Nigeria were every citizen understand the terms, meaning and modus operandi of its constitution
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by TSRC: 1:12pm On Jun 11, 2019
If you fix Nigeria by killing corruption , improve the standard of living, create jobs, improve infrastructure and education and retain our best minds here, there is nothing stopping the US and western Europe from issuing us visa on arrival when we are no longer desperate to enter there.

That is why it annoys me endlessly when the rich who made their money in Nigeria go to America to spend it.

We need that money here.

1 Like

Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by AmazonGhost: 1:35pm On Jun 11, 2019
Tochyno1995:
We need to fix ourselves not our country. Kalas!
We are the nation.
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 11, 2019
olisaemeka1:
Sometimes I wonder how Nigeria with so so so much human n natural resource ..could be a 3rd n even heading to a 4th world country ...many countries have issues that plague them eg hurricanes, typhoons , earth quakes, volcanic erruptions , no natural resource etc but we in Nigeria ..our own problems are you n I ...yes...you n I ...because we have allowed a select few ..to divide us along religious, ethinic, tribal sentiments. .It is Well.

Our mentality made us a call third world country
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by LordAdam16: 2:30pm On Jun 11, 2019
2019elections:

In this country, citizens are already pushed to the wall and definitely will want to defy all odds to survive.
How do you tell someone who hawks pure water under a scotching sun that "change begins with him"?

How do u tell someone who graduated 5 yrs ago without a job that he or she should live a decent life?

With all due respect to Simi, most of these celebrities did crazy things to get to the top. When they do, they start giving motivational speeches / advises.

Dear Simi, there is frustration in the land. Such advice can't through the grassroot. At this stage we are, everyone is displaying his/her survival ability.

I'm so sorry to say this... Nigeria isn't looking to be better, at least not in some decades to come.

Modified

To those quoting me, the ambition of an average Nigerian is to meet his basic needs, not necessarily to live large, if such basic needs aren't met, he goes prowling. Most people dwell in illegalities to survive.

A time is coming soon when our children will sue us to court and win, for giving birth to them in Nigeria without provisions and without their consent.

I'm scared of having kids. Because this thing we're living is not Life. We're just breathing in Nigeria"

CO-SIGNED!

I'm sick of all the professional problem finders and solution theorists! I'm sick of all the talk with no impulsion to act!

Be a DOER! Start doing things and use your actions to inspire others to act as well.

Sponsor a bright less well to do kid at a public school near you (even if you only have enough to buy textbooks).
Pay for vocational training for a hardworking youth you know.
Start a business, employ workers, and pay them a livable wage when due.
Volunteer more.
Mentor a random person in your line of work or profession.
Tip artisans and other below-minimum wage/underemployed workers better.
Identify local problems (it could be anything from clogged drainages to open culverts), start a proposal, converse with others to get them on board, and be patient & persistent enough to correct the problem regardless of how long it takes.

Even the Good Book says, "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

But rather than let their light shine, they'd let their mouth run. Then act surprised that others would do anything to survive in an environment that is for all intents and purpose worse than hell.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by Litmus: 2:55pm On Jun 11, 2019
Ask majority of you why is Nigeria "bad'; what makes Nigeria the place you say you dislike in one form or another, chances are not one of you would be able to do so from the perspective of your Nigerian ethnic culture. Your views on Nigeria would invariably be from the perspective of White West. The way the black world entered into generational battles in order to satisfy the criteria White West claimed you did not possess and which made you physically ugly humans is the way they control your values in all aspect and make you hate yourselves in everything.

once you never hated yourselves for abandoning twins in forest, condemning certain members of society to seclusion in the name of gods and you happily scull-mind. Now you abandoned all that because the White West made you do so. They succeeded in making you do so by making you develop a hatred for your ways. They made you see the "errors of your ways". Now you see errors in all your ways and can't stop doing so. Indeed, i can tell you now, you may never be satisfied in anything unless you become White and are the West.

Nigeria is great, make her greater by being Nigerians and developing new Nigeria perspectives.
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by djon78(m): 3:40pm On Jun 11, 2019
Litmus:
Ask majority of you why is Nigeria "bad'; what makes Nigeria the place you say you dislike in one form or another, chances are not one of you would be able to do so from the perspective of your Nigerian ethnic culture. Your views on Nigeria would invariably be from the perspective of White West. The way the black world entered into generational battles in order to satisfy the criteria White West claimed you did not possess and which made you physically ugly humans is the way they control your values in all aspect and make you hate yourselves in everything.

once you never hated yourselves for abandoning twins in forest, condemning certain members of society to seclusion in the name of gods and you happily scull-mind. Now you abandoned all that because the White West made you do so. They succeeded in making you do so by making you develop a hatred for your ways. They made you see the "errors of your ways". Now you see errors in all your ways and can't stop doing so. Indeed, i can tell you now, you may never be satisfied in anything unless you become White and are the West.

Nigeria is great, make her greater by being Nigerians and developing new Nigeria perspectives.

Who is talking about white and West
Is Japan, Singapore, Korea, China, Dubai, Malaysia, etc West? A trip to some of these Nations will show you how much the gap is.
Who is talking about west.
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by Litmus: 3:45pm On Jun 11, 2019
Nigeria is Nigeria not Japan, China, India, South Africa or America. Its not logical to condemn Nigeria for not being like those places. But of course what happened was that a criteria was set by White West.
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by djon78(m): 3:58pm On Jun 11, 2019
Litmus:
Nigeria is Nigeria not Japan, China, India, South Africa or America. Its not logical to condemn Nigeria for not being like those places. But of course what happened was that a criteria was set by White West.

Who is talking about logical?

We are talking about development, advancement. If Nigeria is developing, will there be mad rush of her citizens to run away.
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by opebiboy: 7:19am On Jun 12, 2019
Ugly okpo shut up!
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by Ugosample(m): 9:07am On Jun 12, 2019
djon78:

Who is talking about logical?

We are talking about development, advancement. If Nigeria is developing, will there be mad rush of her citizens to run away.

no mind am
Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by iamvictorbassey: 1:59pm On Jun 13, 2019
2019elections:

Modified

Thanks bro. Well said

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We need to fix our country" - Simi To Buhari, Nigerians by Femininecaregal(f): 10:52pm On Feb 03
Hello love ❤️ my name is AG.. I’m new here..

I sell good feminine care products here…
Products that helps female stay neat and clean down there ..

You can call or WhatsApp me for more info (+2349037220271) I deliver worldwide so don’t worry about distance ..

Good products that matters to your health don’t need no compromising..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yemi Alade's Mama Africa Tour In Paris (Photos) / Onyeka Onwenu Becomes House Of Lunettes Brand Ambassador / Donna Summer Dead At 63

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.