Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,402 members, 7,954,596 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:13 AM

Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege (19224 Views)

Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu / EFCC Detains Deputy Senate President Ekweremadu Over 22 Properties.. / BREAKING: Deputy Senate President Ekweremadu In EFCC Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by wifeesnatcher(m): 7:28am On Jun 11, 2019
mrvitalis:

APC is openly telling the few igbos like me that supported APC that we are fools

that's not true. south south support APC victory more than East in the last election. beside Igbo needs to change this political uniformity, is not helping them at all. south south the minority tribe is grabbing the space of southeast one of the majority tribe because Eastern same pattern of politics

3 Likes

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by olagbola45(m): 7:29am On Jun 11, 2019
Karlman:
Omo Agege. That tout? Anyway Apc can't be worse.

your mighty dino has been tout ever since he was in house of representative

we know what he did during d Time of ete

1 Like

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by Halexgos3(m): 7:29am On Jun 11, 2019
Old wine in New wine.
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by akdjr(m): 7:30am On Jun 11, 2019
Have they ever won in SE?
mrvitalis:
Lol finally kanu read my mind let APC do all they want lets see what they would use to campaign in the south east in 2023

Let them continue

1 Like

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by Compliant(m): 7:32am On Jun 11, 2019
mrvitalis:
let APC do all they want lets see what they would use to campaign in the south east in 2023

Let them continue

Who need south east to win election?

3 Likes

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by michoim(m): 7:35am On Jun 11, 2019
Good one. Very mature indeed
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 11, 2019
mrvitalis:
Lol finally kanu read my mind let APC do all they want lets see what they would use to campaign in the south east in 2023

Let them continue

He that does not work should not eat. No food for lazy man. When other regions are calculating their game playing attack and defense SE is playing all out attack without minding the consequences.

It will be wrong of APC to abandon their loyalists to reward its rivals just for sympathy sake. Thank God they have upgraded from 5% to 11%

5 Likes

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by mrvitalis(m): 7:40am On Jun 11, 2019
wifeesnatcher:

that's not true. south south support APC victory more than East in the last election. beside Igbo needs to change this political uniformity, is not helping them at all. south south the minority tribe is grabbing the space of southeast one of the majority tribe because Eastern same pattern of politics
Political uniformity same u would say igbos are not united
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by idonhammer: 7:41am On Jun 11, 2019
i knew he wasn't serious in the first place...Ass.hole politician
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by Peacecore: 7:41am On Jun 11, 2019
Many ppl who like supporting anything rejected by APC will now shift their post n stop supporting spirit for dsp
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by wifeesnatcher(m): 7:46am On Jun 11, 2019
mrvitalis:

Political uniformity same u would say igbos are not united

politics is up and down. your unity shouldn't affect your political environment

ffk criticize this APC led govt but supported Gbaja for speaker, why didn't he support the PDP candidate for speaker? we disagree a lot here too but we never antagonise ourselves when it comes to political victory. if Tinubu become presidential candidate for APC that's when you will know whom Yoruba are even the PDP govs we work in his favour. one of the reason they tagged us betrayer but politics is not clean

2 Likes

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by saint4larin(m): 7:51am On Jun 11, 2019
God fatherism can never die in this our dear country....

Just because some one said he is better, not because you yourself believe he is better..
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by bettercreature(m): 7:53am On Jun 11, 2019
yerokunphilips:
Lawal Omo Agege is goal
PDP Ali is a foul
APC have real learnt their lesson .There is no escape rout for PDP today
Omo Agege deserves it he is a legend, he single handedly disarmed Saraki during Sarakis peak period

1 Like

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by mrvitalis(m): 7:53am On Jun 11, 2019
wifeesnatcher:

politics is up and down. your unity shouldn't affect your political environment

ffk criticize this APC led govt but supported Gbaja for speaker, why didn't he support the PDP candidate for speaker? we disagree a lot here too but we never antagonise ourselves when it comes to political victory. if Tinubu become presidential candidate for APC that's when you will know whom Yoruba are even the PDP govs we work in his favour. one of the reason they tagged us betrayer but politics is not clean
Same way yorubas supported the speaker PDP nominated ?

Same way yorubas couldn't pick a PDP chairman candidate that made it move to rivers ...

Tell me another story

Im among the few igbos who supported buhari and now all i can say is my people were right i was wrong

Come 2023 it wont be the same

1 Like

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by wink2015(m): 7:59am On Jun 11, 2019
DeLinguaMan:

A top contender for the position of Deputy Senate President in the Ninth National Assembly and former Governor of Abia State, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu has dropped his ambition to support the party’s candidate, Senator Ovie Omo-Agege, Igbere TV reports.

According to Kalu, his decision followed the official endorsement of Senator Omo-Agege and Hon. Muhammed Wase by the National Working Committee (NWC) of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the positions of Deputy Senate President and Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, respectively.

Igbere TV reports that Kalu, who had endorsed the duo of Senator Ahmed Lawan and Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila for the positions of Senate President and Speaker of the House of Representatives respectively, has, consequently, endorsed Senator Omo-Agege for the position of Deputy Senate President.

Throwing his weight behind the party’s candidates across board, Kalu stressed that he will always abide by the decision of President Muhammadu Buhari and the NWC of the APC.

While thanking his associates, followers, well-wishers and colleagues, the former governor called on members of the 9th National Assembly to place the collective interest of Nigerians above selfish ambitions.

In a statement issued by his media office on Monday evening and sent to Igbere TV, the Senator-elect, Abia North Senatorial District, stressed that the decision of the party is supreme and must be respected by loyal party members.

He said, “I decided to throw my hat into the ring to contest for the position of Deputy Senate President after wide consultations with stakeholders especially my political associates, friends and colleagues (returning senators and senators–elect).

“However, I use this medium to announce my withdrawal from the race in the interest of the APC and Nigeria at large.

“I contested and won election as a Senator on the platform of the APC and as such, I cannot go against the decision of my party.

“The party, I am optimistic will consider the South East for other principal positions in the Senate and House of Representatives for the sake of national unity.

“The South East should be ably and well represented at the top hierarchy of the 9th national assembly.

“The 9th national assembly will work harmoniously regardless of party affiliations to ensure that the executive and judiciary arms of government are complemented in a bid to build a prosperous Nigeria”

While pledging his unalloyed and unshakable commitment to the APC, Kalu expressed appreciation to the President for his fatherly role in the affairs of the party.

http://igberetvnews.com/760234/deputy-senate-president-kalu-drops-ambition-backs-omo-agege/

UZOR KALU DID NOT DROP DOWN FOR BARR. OVIE OMO AGEGE.

HE SIMPLY DID NOT HAVE ANY CHOICE AS THE POWER THAT BE DID NOT ENDORSE HIM.

THEY DO NOT EVEN TRUST HIM AS THEY SEE HIM AS AN AGENT OF PDP AND SARAKI.

IMAGINE UZOR KALU TRAVELING TO VENEZUELA TO MEET WITH PRESIDENT MADURO AND SHAKING HANDS AND TAKING PICTURES WITH HIM.

BODY TOUCH BODY NO BE, MONEY UZOR KALU GO LAUNDER FOR VENEZUELA WITH THE HELP OF PRESIDENT MADURO ?
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by Jklastborn(m): 7:59am On Jun 11, 2019
Dey there dey give your self rep grin Minority group (SE) your vote doesn't count, we don't need them to win elections

mrvitalis:

Let them continue
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by mrvitalis(m): 8:02am On Jun 11, 2019
Jklastborn:
Dey there dey give your self rep grin Minority group (SE) your vote doesn't count, we don't need them to win elections

Yet u came to us to campaign
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by nonxo007(m): 8:05am On Jun 11, 2019
Unlimitk:

When did I say they were my fathers?
I made a joke and I left
It's up to u to take it any how u like
A tribalistic joke ? Let me laugh

1 Like

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by Larbosky(m): 8:08am On Jun 11, 2019
You guys haven't been voting APC all the way, and they have not required your votes to win anyways.

mrvitalis:

Let them continue
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by nwadiuko1(m): 8:08am On Jun 11, 2019
lol both of them na birds of a feather
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by Tammynator(m): 8:09am On Jun 11, 2019
mrvitalis:

Let them continue
APC don't need your votes in the SE. U guys should continue voting PDP. I'm happy that SS is now more recognized politically than SE. U guys should keep playing politics of hate.

2 Likes

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by wifeesnatcher(m): 8:09am On Jun 11, 2019
mrvitalis:

Same way yorubas supported the speaker PDP nominated ?

Same way yorubas couldn't pick a PDP chairman candidate that made it move to rivers ...

Tell me another story

Im among the few igbos who supported buhari and now all i can say is my people were right i was wrong

Come 2023 it wont be the same

comparing a party election with a general election/national politics is off point man

I'm not APC apologist, just stressing out fact
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by SirBunky85(m): 8:14am On Jun 11, 2019
frankdGreat125:
Kalu is a fool, that is the major reason I like Richas okorocha, assuming he is there, chai game will change.
That why they are frustrating him.
u are the bigger fool.when the APC bypassed all other stalwarts and gave him the ticket, you didn't call him fool.now,he's being loyal to his party,u are angry cuz ur wish was that there will be infighting within APC contenders but u guys have bn shamed by the matured conduct of orji.

2 Likes

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by spencekat(m): 8:15am On Jun 11, 2019
They will make him the Senate Leader.

1 Like

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by Unlimitk(m): 8:17am On Jun 11, 2019
nonxo007:

A tribalistic joke ? Let me laugh
U too saw that it was a funny joke
Chop knuckle my guy
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by SirBunky85(m): 8:19am On Jun 11, 2019
mrvitalis:

Let them continue
Mr man,u are just being insincere to ur self,evn if APC zones the sp to the south east, ur likes will still come up with another rant.it's better they do their thing their own way, leave dem alone. after all, some of us(Igbos)always brag that we don't need any post.

3 Likes

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by SirBunky85(m): 8:25am On Jun 11, 2019
gbadexy:
The man is a shrewd politician. He probably has his eyes set on something better in the future.
He expects the party to remember his sacrifice and compensate him next time.
word
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by mrsfavour(f): 8:35am On Jun 11, 2019
Jimalicoco:
Better for him ......but waitooooo. Is it not de same mace thief Omo agege.

Naija I hail
I tire for my country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

G-5 Governors Adamant, Set For Makinde's Campaign / Exposed: Oyegun’s ‘Hidden Agenda’ On Tenure Extension - The Nation / UK To Pay Nigeria Compensation For Fraud In Oil And Gas Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.