Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege (18995 Views)

Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu / EFCC Detains Deputy Senate President Ekweremadu Over 22 Properties.. / BREAKING: Deputy Senate President Ekweremadu In EFCC Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by mrvitalis(m): 8:36am On Jun 11, 2019
SirBunky85:
Mr man,u are just being insincere to ur self,evn if APC zones the sp to the south east, ur likes will still come up with another rant.it's better they do their thing their own way, leave dem alone. after all, some of us(Igbos)always brag that we don't need any post.
Do we ...nah

What igbos has always wented is equity ...if apc had zoned speakership to north central trust me u wont hear this noise ....that's it
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by 9gerian: 8:51am On Jun 11, 2019
Building bridges... That’s how to play the game.

gbadexy:
The man is a shrewd politician. He probably has his eyes set on something better in the future.
He expects the party to remember his sacrifice and compensate him next time.

1 Like

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by zoedew: 8:52am On Jun 11, 2019
Commendable!
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by Honor10: 8:52am On Jun 11, 2019
mrvitalis:
Lol finally kanu read my mind let APC do all they want lets see what they would use to campaign in the south east in 2023

Let them continue

oh God! how many times will APC tell u guys that u are irrelevant in the scheme of things, no one need yr 5% votes abeg! stop overestimating ur importance. u need APC more than APC need u
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by zoedew: 8:52am On Jun 11, 2019
9gerian:
Building bridges... That’s how to play the game.

Indeed!
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by martowskin1(m): 8:55am On Jun 11, 2019
Beninempire:
Nice.

Delta state deserves the slot with chairmanship in Edo state hands.

That's how you play national politics

Will it make anything better for area?

Bros leave all this thing.... This is not what the common man is fighting for, this idiots are fighting for their pocket
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by Honor10: 8:58am On Jun 11, 2019
mrvitalis:

Same way yorubas supported the speaker PDP nominated ?

Same way yorubas couldn't pick a PDP chairman candidate that made it move to rivers ...

Tell me another story

Im among the few igbos who supported buhari and now all i can say is my people were right i was wrong

Come 2023 it wont be the same

oga keep ur support abeg! who e help, nothing for u in APC, the earlier u guys realize that the better for u, u guys beta die with ur PDP.
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by wingmanII: 9:02am On Jun 11, 2019
APC is never a national party. PDP would never play this dirty ethnic politics.
No worries, Buhari will not be around forever to deliver northern votes.
EFCC has threatened Kalu, most ex governors are easily blackmailed by EFCC, nothing on Ndume.
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by SaintLucia: 9:12am On Jun 11, 2019
Halexgos3:
Old wine in New wine.
Don't worry this new wine get NAFDAC number.
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by 27Pushing30: 9:31am On Jun 11, 2019
mrvitalis:
Lol finally kanu read my mind let APC do all they want lets see what they would use to campaign in the south east in 2023

Let them continue

What did SE give them in'15 and '19

Look at the rewards PRESIDENT: NW SENATE: NE/SS HOUSE: SW/NC

You' need to open your eyes, they want more support from the SS dem NO send SE

Regards
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by balonaija(f): 9:33am On Jun 11, 2019
but how?
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by duality(m): 9:42am On Jun 11, 2019
wifeesnatcher:

politics is up and down. your unity shouldn't affect your political environment

ffk criticize this APC led govt but supported Gbaja for speaker, why didn't he support the PDP candidate for speaker? we disagree a lot here too but we never antagonise ourselves when it comes to political victory. if Tinubu become presidential candidate for APC that's when you will know whom Yoruba are even the PDP govs we work in his favour. one of the reason they tagged us betrayer but politics is not clean

So is that not what other groups are doing?
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by alen4smith(m): 10:20am On Jun 11, 2019
mrvitalis:

Let them continue
even if APC present Jesus Christ and PDP presents devil in 2023 we all know what will happen.
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by mrvitalis(m): 10:31am On Jun 11, 2019
alen4smith:
even if APC present Jesus Christ and PDP presents devil in 2023 we all know what will happen.
But who voted kanu and the igbo reps of APC ...u have no point

PDP always did bad in north west ...yet did it show ?
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by Philgafauto: 10:37am On Jun 11, 2019
mrvitalis:

Let them continue

The South East is inconsequential in Nigerian politics jareeee

1 Like

Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by Deepthoughts: 10:45am On Jun 11, 2019
DeLinguaMan:

A top contender for the position of Deputy Senate President in the Ninth National Assembly and former Governor of Abia State, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu has dropped his ambition to support the party’s candidate, Senator Ovie Omo-Agege, Igbere TV reports.

According to Kalu, his decision followed the official endorsement of Senator Omo-Agege and Hon. Muhammed Wase by the National Working Committee (NWC) of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the positions of Deputy Senate President and Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, respectively.

Igbere TV reports that Kalu, who had endorsed the duo of Senator Ahmed Lawan and Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila for the positions of Senate President and Speaker of the House of Representatives respectively, has, consequently, endorsed Senator Omo-Agege for the position of Deputy Senate President.

Throwing his weight behind the party’s candidates across board, Kalu stressed that he will always abide by the decision of President Muhammadu Buhari and the NWC of the APC.

While thanking his associates, followers, well-wishers and colleagues, the former governor called on members of the 9th National Assembly to place the collective interest of Nigerians above selfish ambitions.

In a statement issued by his media office on Monday evening and sent to Igbere TV, the Senator-elect, Abia North Senatorial District, stressed that the decision of the party is supreme and must be respected by loyal party members.

He said, “I decided to throw my hat into the ring to contest for the position of Deputy Senate President after wide consultations with stakeholders especially my political associates, friends and colleagues (returning senators and senators–elect).

“However, I use this medium to announce my withdrawal from the race in the interest of the APC and Nigeria at large.

“I contested and won election as a Senator on the platform of the APC and as such, I cannot go against the decision of my party.

“The party, I am optimistic will consider the South East for other principal positions in the Senate and House of Representatives for the sake of national unity.

“The South East should be ably and well represented at the top hierarchy of the 9th national assembly.

“The 9th national assembly will work harmoniously regardless of party affiliations to ensure that the executive and judiciary arms of government are complemented in a bid to build a prosperous Nigeria”

While pledging his unalloyed and unshakable commitment to the APC, Kalu expressed appreciation to the President for his fatherly role in the affairs of the party.

http://igberetvnews.com/760234/deputy-senate-president-kalu-drops-ambition-backs-omo-agege/

Why didn't APC Lords like Tinubu call for an Apc NASS lawmakers meeting today at the ICC?.
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by Karlman: 11:43am On Jun 11, 2019
olagbola45:

your mighty dino has been tout ever since he was in house of representative

we know what he did during d Time of ete

Did he steal the maze? Or invade the house with touts like tout Omo Agege?
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by SirBunky85(m): 3:01pm On Jun 11, 2019
mrvitalis:

Do we ...nah

What igbos has always wented is equity ...if apc had zoned speakership to north central trust me u wont hear this noise ....that's it
maybe we are confused
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by mrvitalis(m): 3:04pm On Jun 11, 2019
SirBunky85:
maybe we are confused
We are not we are the most constant ethnic group in nigeria ...straight forward and say it as it is ...

Im proud of my people
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by SirBunky85(m): 3:08pm On Jun 11, 2019
mrvitalis:

We are not we are the most constant ethnic group in nigeria ...straight forward and say it as it is ...

Im proud of my people
I'm also proud of my place but we are confused.today,ohaneze will demand for the post of ssg,tomorrow, another group will say we don't need any post
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by mrvitalis(m): 3:09pm On Jun 11, 2019
SirBunky85:
I'm also proud of my place but we are confused.today,ohaneze will demand for the post of ssg,tomorrow, another group will say we don't need any post

Sure every group has different interest its normal but at the end no region is more united that south east ...we speak with one voice with our votes ...one day that would set us apart
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by SirBunky85(m): 3:12pm On Jun 11, 2019
mrvitalis:

Sure every group has different interest its normal but at the end no region is more united that south east ...we speak with one voice with our votes ...one day that would set us apart
I beg to disagree bro.recent events have shown otherwise
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by mrvitalis(m): 3:16pm On Jun 11, 2019
SirBunky85:
I beg to disagree bro.recent events have shown otherwise
What events ? 8 years is a short time in politics

Our time would come

..but take the fact ...we are still the most developed region evenly

ABA is our worst city but better that at least 4 capital in south west ,....even an ex governor of western nigeria wrote to tinubu to complain how igbos are dusting the west .....as an igbo man u know we dont give a bleep about yorubas ...but they always want to compete
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by SirBunky85(m): 3:20pm On Jun 11, 2019
mrvitalis:

What events ? 8 years is a short time in politics

Our time would come

..but take the fact ...we are still the most developed region evenly

ABA is our worst city but better that at least 4 capital in south west ,....even an ex governor of western nigeria wrote to tinubu to complain how igbos are dusting the west .....as an igbo man u know we dont give a bleep about yorubas ...but they always want to compete
I'm not interested in name calling and tribal bigotry but we are confused
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by mrvitalis(m): 3:36pm On Jun 11, 2019
SirBunky85:
I'm not interested in name calling and tribal bigotry but we are confused
See this foolish afonja u think say u get sense ...get out of my mention
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by SirBunky85(m): 6:18pm On Jun 11, 2019
mrvitalis:

See this foolish afonja u think say u get sense ...get out of my mention
u are too dumb okay.call me anything u like but it doesn't make u more Igbo dan I am.we are confused period
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by mrvitalis(m): 6:20pm On Jun 11, 2019
SirBunky85:
u are too dumb okay.call me anything u like but it doesn't make u more Igbo dan I am.we are confused period
Swear by your unborn children u are igbo
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by SirBunky85(m): 6:33pm On Jun 11, 2019
mrvitalis:

Swear by your unborn children u are igbo
Mr man,I ain't ur mate to stoop so low for ur sake.call me aboki or afonja,na ur cup of zobo.I repeat, u ain't more Igbo dan I am.
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by mrvitalis(m): 6:36pm On Jun 11, 2019
SirBunky85:
Mr man,I ain't ur mate to stoop so low for ur sake.call me aboki or afonja,na ur cup of zobo.I repeat, u ain't more Igbo dan I am.

U are not my mate because we both comment on nairaland ? ...lol age is nothing but a number no matter ur age i have staffs older than u
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by SirBunky85(m): 6:48pm On Jun 11, 2019
mrvitalis:

U are not my mate because we both comment on nairaland ? ...lol age is nothing but a number no matter ur age i have staffs older than u
keep getting confused okay?
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by mrvitalis(m): 6:49pm On Jun 11, 2019
SirBunky85:
keep getting confused okay?
U are the one confused
Re: Deputy Senate President: Kalu Drops Ambition, Backs Omo-agege by SirBunky85(m): 6:58pm On Jun 11, 2019
mrvitalis:

U are the one confused
continue looking for a post from the supposed demon(APC)evn wen u hate dem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Malami Faces Probe Over Five Suspicious Mega Deals Under His Watch / Emefiele: DSS Action A Dent On Govt, Punish Operatives – Fayose To Tinubu / Magu Told UK Not To Give Me Visa, Says Patience Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.