Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? (8214 Views)

Pensioners Block Major Road In Calabar, Protest Non-Payment Of Entitlements / Second Niger Bridge Suffer Setback As Host Communities Demand For "Entitlements" / FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by AnonPoet: 5:40am On Jun 15, 2019
A cousin sent me this. Please Governor Sanwo-Olu should do something

I usually want do this but it is becoming a burden that has to get off my chest as seeing my neighbors suffer daily for bread has become something I cannot sit back and watch.

My neighbor retired from the Lagos state civil service about 3 years ago and ever since then it has been hell and a struggle for them to feed or even pay school fees of their children. I inquired why they are having such challenged as their father was a civil servant and he should at least get his pension (f not lump sum, in quotes) and was told the Lagos state government for sone years have not paid pensions.

One of his mates who also retired around the same time got sick, got worse and died. The deceased's wife also died in the ensuing troubles. I don't want to lose my neighbor or his wife.

I don't want his children (who I am friends with) to drop out of school or have to have the fear or not being able to afford tuition and hunger reduce how their performance. It is unfair to have people work for decades and when they should retire from the highest work they have some, they are denied the entitlement that will ease their life.

Please our senior citizens need help Lagos should not be owing these people.

Please help me post this. You can be saving a life
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by youngest85(m): 5:49am On Jun 15, 2019
Next week
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by maye1991(m): 6:00am On Jun 15, 2019
today ;Dtoday
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by Mynd44: 6:02am On Jun 15, 2019
It is true

Some retirees in Lagos State have pleaded with Governor Akinwunmi Ambode to collect federal government bailout funds or borrow to clear their outstanding payments.
They made the plea during a meeting with the governor on Monday.
The governor was represented by the Head of Service, Akeem Muri-Okunola. At the meeting were permanent secretaries, officials of the Lagos State Pension Commission (LASPEC), Lagos State Association of Retirees, and Pension Fund Administrators.
Michael Adeyemo, the chairman of the association of retirees, said the major grievance of their members is the non-payment of their pensions and gratuities since 2015.
“The retirees have not been receiving anything for four years, that is 48 months, little wonder many of us have become a ghost of our real self,” he said.
Mr Adeyemo said the non-payment of their entitlements had made many unable to pay fees of children in higher institutions and others bedridden or rendered homeless.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/312014-pensioners-beg-lagos-govt-to-pay-entitlements.html%3famp_markup=1
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by emapraiz(m): 6:02am On Jun 15, 2019
With governor Sanwolu it will be settled very soon
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by Benblaq(m): 6:02am On Jun 15, 2019
They are even owing those still in active service.
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by RockHard: 6:03am On Jun 15, 2019
Is the Op sure of what he is saying because during Ambode tenure he was always in the news for releasing funds for pensioners. Abi na ghost worker the person be? undecided Just saying.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by argon500: 6:05am On Jun 15, 2019
Where is Governor loosing weight when needed?

2 Likes

Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by TheMainMan: 6:06am On Jun 15, 2019
Lagos state government should please pay pension o
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by Amuocha: 6:07am On Jun 15, 2019
Ambode sef

1 Like

Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by berbs: 6:07am On Jun 15, 2019
Hmmm....this ish need to be looked into ASAP angry
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by aolawale025: 6:10am On Jun 15, 2019
Upon all its revenues?

3 Likes

Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by Nobody: 6:12am On Jun 15, 2019
You have 8 years to retirement you go still dey born pikin. You have ur self to blame. Daft people

3 Likes

Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by chloride6: 6:13am On Jun 15, 2019
Defined benefits is a scam...

Defined contribution is the main thing..

Sanwo olu do something about this please..
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by desmond2pk: 6:13am On Jun 15, 2019
How come the cartels let this mew out to the public?
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by berbs: 6:16am On Jun 15, 2019
Joromi12:
You have 8 years to retirement you go still dey born pikin. You have ur self to blame. Daft people
What if they have delay in giving birth or did mot get married early. Have u considered those factors

4 Likes

Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by chloride6: 6:17am On Jun 15, 2019
Joromi12:

You are so uncouth!!

Why the insults?

7 Likes

Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by contact19: 6:20am On Jun 15, 2019
they are really suffering
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by MobilityExpress: 6:23am On Jun 15, 2019
shocked
Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by Nobody: 6:24am On Jun 15, 2019
RockHard:
Is the Op sure of what he is saying because during Ambode tenure he was always in the news for releasing funds for pensioners. Abi na ghost worker the person be? undecided Just saying.

It is true. My MIL too, since 2015.

1 Like

Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by myddmodnabastard: 6:25am On Jun 15, 2019
Tinubu is a greedy old fool Lagos this is where money meant for the payment of your pensions has been going to please stop crying joor you know your enemy take your protest to budilion the palace of Lagos state chairman, president and governor general God will punish that frog looking ugly bastard

7 Likes

Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by sleek214(m): 6:29am On Jun 15, 2019
tinubu is with rhe money

3 Likes

Re: When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? by Nobody: 6:29am On Jun 15, 2019
RockHard:

They are all fake news. My mum retired since 2016 and has not received a kobo as pension. I asked her last week and the story is still the same. They're coming. God must specially punish people who are withholding pensioners benefits in Lagos cause I see it as sheer wickedness

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akeredolu Denies News Of His Disqualification By APC Screening Committee / Army Lacks Power To Declare Civilians ‘Wanted’ – Femi Falana / Gbenga Daniel On Hunger Strike In EFCC Custody - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.