Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them (81725 Views)

Dino Melaye On A Private Jet With Orji Kalu (Video) / Dino Melaye On Christmas Vacation With His Children And Father (Pictures) / Yahaya Bello's Condolence Letter To Dino Melaye On The Death Of His Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them by tuniski: 10:51pm On Jun 15, 2019
gabicon:

If I may ask, what is the mode of connection between the card readers and the servers when the card readers are in polling station?

What is the mode of connection between your ATM card and a POS machine? Therein lies your answer.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 15, 2019
gabicon:
This server issue is becoming very annoying, first of all what exactly is a server? A server is a central computer that stores data imputed from several computers, the storage can be done via online, local area network or manual data inputs.

That said, we do not vote electronically, are card readers are only meant to verify voters, after verification a pice of paper carrying all political parties is given to us to thumb print. The thumb printed paper is our vote.

After every verified voters must have cast their votes, the votes are counted and party agents sign on the result sheet and the results are forwarded to collation centers.

There is nowhere the results are imputed into the card readers along the process neither do are our card readers internet enabled so how on Earth does a server give results to the PDP?

This case is dead on arrival, if the argument was that the number of accredited voters was less than the votes cast then there is a case.

The only valid argument will be that INEC manually input the election result into their server, that will take some time to achieve.
with everything you typed, it shows that most people on this platform just say whatever they like without verifying
let me write it in bold for your information CARD READER HAS INTERNET ACCESS AND THEIR IS A PLACE TO INPUT THE RESULTS AND TRANSMIT IT ONLINE WITH WIRELESS NETWORK WHICH EVERYONE IS MANDATED TO DO

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them by tuniski: 10:54pm On Jun 15, 2019
Max8:

U are the empty and dead brain here,your Atiku and PDP laying claims to a server that they never set their eyes on except a paper print out,use your head, o de oponu ni e,the invisible or maybe na u them send go do the print out,na fools like u Atiku and PDP will decieve with their theory
How did you know they never saw the server? Watch and be educated the matter is just starting and it will be quite revealing.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them by Max8: 10:58pm On Jun 15, 2019
Doktajay5:

Una still dey answer that efulefu calledmmax8 He knows nothing. His brain didn't develop well but came as streaks of primitive neural tissues up there. Am even suprised he is alive. What else should we expect from such a low life.

Enjoy ur ignorance @Max8 or whatever
As u brain is wacked,dead and buried, you sure need some brain transplant, the DINO MELAYE blood running in your system had been diluted with Kogi weed and Tramadol,I guess the drugs DINO fed u with will remain in your deformed brain and the cure to it never discovered
Re: Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them by Koolking(m): 11:00pm On Jun 15, 2019
aolawale025:
INEC cannot scale thru with this lie

If you believe elections results were transmitted to INEC at each polling unit, you can believe anything.

Forget politics and propaganda, as a supposed educated fellow, ask yourself, if elections were e-transmitted, does the electoral act approved it?
2. There were over a hundred thousand polling units across the country, how were the results transmitted electronically in areas where there was no network? You can't etransmit results in some areas and not in all areas if your quest is credibility.
The idea of etransmission of results were dropped by stakeholders due to identified challenges.
The propaganda does not add up at all
Re: Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them by tuniski: 11:04pm On Jun 15, 2019
Max8:

If he is right that means INEC had a server since the introduction of the card reader in 2011, so why did INEC budget include server for the 2019 elections

Yes INEC has server since . The budget for 2019 is for maintenance, training and upgrade as well as expansion.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 15, 2019
Max8:

See the way u talk, that is how stupid Nigerians rant,u claimed u work as an INEC ADHOC staff, why can't u tell us the process, why will u let the sleeping dog alone, outline the process of the election collation to us based on your own true and undiluted experience
since you don't care to know before typing, why should I take my time to educate you
moreover all the candidates are evil to me
Re: Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them by tuniski: 11:07pm On Jun 15, 2019
Koolking:

If you believe elections results were transmitted to INEC at each polling unit, you can't believe anything.

Forget politics and propaganda, as a supposed educated fellow, ask yourself, if elections were e-transmitted, does the electoral act approved it?
2. There were over a hundred thousand polling units across the country, how were the results transmitted electronically in areas where there was no network? You can't etransmit results in some areas and not in all areas if your quest is credibility.
The idea of etransmission of results were dropped by stakeholders due to identified challenges.
The propaganda does not add up at all

Inec staff were asked to ensure transmission of results at the earliest point of network availability.

This matter is an albatross on INEC.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them by mailmalc(m): 11:10pm On Jun 15, 2019
MT:

You are wrong sir. That machine DOES NOT need a server to operate. The database can be internalised on it; If you are claiming it is communicating with a database based on the cloud, where did they get the internet network to drive it in various remote locations. I expect you to know that there are lots of architecture and infrastructures that will go into it to take care of security, scalability, performance etc., if that is the route they wanted to go (i.e. communicating with cloud-based database).

First of all, INEC hasn’t even explained their own infrastructure to help us scrutinize performance and output better. I am relying on the INEC budget where servers for the voting purpose was mentioned. Also, if the data was internalized in the machine chips, then if there is a case of a non-working machine, another can be given for accreditation (provision). The standalone reader used by banks such as the Chip Authentication Program to a good extent still provides the bank with enough allowances to run a backroom authorization and counter authorization, arguably this means a superior level of backroom monitoring and control is in place. Dataware houses and servers are custom built to optimize performance. Considering the nature of information and usage, one would expect the chosen architecture to tick all the right boxes in terms of accessibility, scalability and security. It must have been custom built. It is not my problem who won what, I don’t even believe in manually inputting figures on a card reader after voting due to the high risk of human error but still yet, they owe us a sound and intelligent response for the sake of posterity. Many years from now we will look back at the sort of excuses we have swallowed due to lack of transparency and we will understand how we played a role in it happening.

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them by Max8: 11:10pm On Jun 15, 2019
Kuntech:

since you don't care to know before typing, why should I take my time to educate you
moreover all the candidates are evil to me
U claimed u are an adhoc staff who have information and u are saying some one is typing and don't care to know,and again all the candidates are evil to u,u are not even making any sense here, so what is the essence of u claiming u are an adhoc staff,naija people are fond of claiming what they are not
Re: Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them by vizzyswagh(m): 11:14pm On Jun 15, 2019
Max8:

U claimed u are an adhoc staff who have information and u are saying some one is typing and don't care to know,and again all the candidates are evil to u,u are not even making any sense here, so what is the essence of u claiming u are an adhoc staff,naija people are fond of claiming what they are not
Oga Max abeg shut up, you too dey talk
Re: Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them by Max8: 11:19pm On Jun 15, 2019
vizzyswagh:

Oga Max abeg shut up, you too dey talk
Seal u dumb mouth permanently shut,don't ever claim what u are not,adhoc staff ko political thug ni,
Re: Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jun 15, 2019
Max8:

Seal u dumb mouth permanently shut,don't ever claim what u are not,adhoc staff ko political thug ni,
please what is so special in being an ad hoc staff, that you guys are exaggerating. please am not here to prove anything to anybody

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 15, 2019
I worked as ad-hoc staff, all presiding officers submitted their accredited voter's number to the server, but the result server wasn't available on that day. Inec suspended E-collation of result on the Election Day. If PDP and Apc can access the voters accredited from each polling units from the server and the results declared for the polling units. Then we know the truth.

Not a supporter of pdp or Apc.
Re: Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them by MT: 11:37pm On Jun 15, 2019
mailmalc:

First of all, INEC hasn’t even explained their own infrastructure to help us scrutinize performance and output better. I am relying on the INEC budget where servers for the voting purpose was mentioned. Also, if the data was internalized in the machine chips, then if there is a case of a non-working machine, another can be given for accreditation (provision). The standalone reader used by banks such as the Chip Authentication Program to a good extent still provides the bank with enough allowances to run a backroom authorization and counter authorization, arguably this means a superior level of backroom monitoring and control is in place. Dataware houses and servers are custom built to optimize performance. Considering the nature of information and usage, one would expect the chosen architecture to tick all the right boxes in terms of accessibility, scalability and security. It must have been custom built. It is not my problem who won what, I don’t even believe in manually inputting figures on a card reader after voting due to the high risk of human error but still yet, they owe us a sound and intelligent response for the sake of posterity. Many years from now we will look back at the sort of excuses we have swallowed due to lack of transparency and we will understand how we played a role in it happening.

Thanks for being civil in your response. I understand you were dwelling on the provision for server(s) in the INEC budget. I am focused on the technicality of the word - SERVER. If INEC budgeted for a server and did not buy it, that was another kettle of fish to be subject to scrutiny by the auditor.

But for people to be saying that because the card readers sent data to a computer in a remote location(which i believe did not hold true anyway) qualifies such remote computer system to be called a server is a no no. that activity DOES NOT qualify any computer system to be called a SERVER.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them by deomelo: 11:40pm On Jun 15, 2019
Igbos are so dumbo, ignorant and unintelligent, just feed them any rubbish and they'll swallow like crazy village BINGO.

Lost and irredeemable generation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them by Oludon20: 11:45pm On Jun 15, 2019
Uncle Dino, I beg why you dey show us for here? I beg go show Tribunal make dem add am for Exhibit. Your eye go soon clear when card reader turn Server...........Olodo!

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them by backbone503(m): 11:45pm On Jun 15, 2019
Yes, Presiding Officers were trained on how to electronically upload results, but in the field, this encountered many itches. INEC relied totally on manual collation of results.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them by Dalby(m): 11:46pm On Jun 15, 2019
Max8:
This Dino guy na buffon, showing us card reader means INEC have a server?,PDP claimed they have results sheet printed from the server, who ever that gave them the print out should be an insider, why can they also show us pictures or video of the computer room and the server where they are located, rather than all this cock and bull story about server or no server
This video, watin the person dey talk and watin them dey do no rhyme o, watch am again...
Re: Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them by PHILipu1(m): 11:49pm On Jun 15, 2019
vizzyswagh:

Yes there was no electronic voting but they where electronic uploading results, and this results are store in the Server(database).... please try findout what a Server means

If they were stored in a server as they came in from voting areas,why did Inec needed to still arrange for the results to be call out live in the collation centre.

In America that they use servers,they don't have centres where elections results are announce manually because you have everything on the server.

There was nothing like server because our laws does not even recognize electronic voting or transmission of results electronically.
Your Atiku was scammed.

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them by Ellie01: 11:52pm On Jun 15, 2019
Edithfavourite:
Here is a video of the moment some INEC hired consultants were training INEC adhoc staff on how to transfer the election results to INEC server with the card readers before the 2019 election.

Senator Dino Melaye who shared the video wrote;

Watch the video;
https://zenithnaija.com/moment-inec-staff-were-taught-how-to-transfer-election-results-to-server-video/

Apparently many nigerians went to school just to waste time n get d paper not the knowledge. The response or comments i see from some people here weakens my nigerianess if i have any left

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them by GoodGovernance: 11:53pm On Jun 15, 2019
A lawmaker breaker senator causing confusion?

The section 27 of the electoral act ,is very clear:

27. (1) The Results of all the elections shall be announced by-
(a) the Presiding Officer at the Polling unit;
(b) the Ward Collation Officer at the Ward Collation Centre;
(c) the Local Government or Area Council Collation Officer at
the Local Government! Area Council Collation Centre;
(d) the State Collation Officer at the State Collation Centre; and
(2) The Returning Officer shall announce the result and declare the
winner of the election at-
(a) Ward Collation Centre in the case of Councillorship election
in the Federal Capital Territory;
(b) Area Council Collation Centre in the case of Chairmanship
and Vice Chairmanship election in the Federal Capital
Territory;
(c) State Constituency Collation Centre in the case of State
House of Assembly election;
(d) Federal Constituency Collation Centre in the case of election
to the House of Representatives;
(e) Senatorial District Collation Centre in the case of election to
the Senate;
(f) State Collation Centre in the case of election of a Governor of
a State;
(g) National Collation Centre in the case of election of the
President; and
Announcement of election
results
(h) the Chief Electoral Commissioner who shall be the Returning
Officer at the Presidential election.

Atiku/PDP announcing result at illegal server grin
Re: Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them by omaigala(m): 11:55pm On Jun 15, 2019
Max8:
This Dino guy na buffon, showing us card reader means INEC have a server?,PDP claimed they have results sheet printed from the server, who ever that gave them the print out should be an insider, why can they also show us pictures or video of the computer room and the server where they are located, rather than all this cock and bull story about server or no server

Calm down and watch the video first.
Re: Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them by veesion: 11:56pm On Jun 15, 2019
Max8:
As Dino sickness and disease runs in your vein
You have nothing to benefit from defending evil
I belong to no Nigerian party
I belong to good conscience party

We criticize constructively not minding whatever party is there

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them by cbrass(m): 11:58pm On Jun 15, 2019
Max8:

Which foolish video, so the card reader as turned to your back up server right, u this slowpoke

Dont mind them, mere looking at the video u will discover that it was recorded by some of them
The lady is saying something else and the video is showing another thing

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them by GoodGovernance: 11:59pm On Jun 15, 2019
omaigala:

The video is null and void.

I have watched it,how does it negate the fact that INEC abandoned the idea of electronic transmission when the president rejected the amendment bill.

The Dubai plan was to hack the "server" ,thank God no server!

A fake server that shows only state totals! How about poling unit details?

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them by cbrass(m): 12:01am On Jun 16, 2019
omaigala:

I have watched it, it is all a lie. That is not a tutorial. It is just some voice over on a recoded video with phone. Even what the video is showing doesnt align with what the lady is saying
Re: Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them by socialmediaman: 12:02am On Jun 16, 2019
gabicon:
This server issue is becoming very annoying, first of all what exactly is a server? A server is a central computer that stores data imputed from several computers, the storage can be done via online, local area network or manual data inputs.

That said, we do not vote electronically, are card readers are only meant to verify voters, after verification a pice of paper carrying all political parties is given to us to thumb print. The thumb printed paper is our vote.

After every verified voters must have cast their votes, the votes are counted and party agents sign on the result sheet and the results are forwarded to collation centers.

There is nowhere the results are imputed into the card readers along the process neither do are our card readers internet enabled so how on Earth does a server give results to the PDP?

This case is dead on arrival, if the argument was that the number of accredited voters was less than the votes cast then there is a case.

The only valid argument will be that INEC manually input the election result into their server, that will take some time to achieve.

Do the card readers need to be internet enabled? They could transmit information through SMS if they're designed to.

Secondly, the results from PDP party agents around the country from officially signed copies do not add to up to what INEC announced finally.

The discrepancies are too huge even if we decide to go by your theory on the card reader.

Atiku was only saying that the results from his party agents around the country tally with what INEC had on its server rather than what INEC announced

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them by deomelo: 12:05am On Jun 16, 2019
Ellie01:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9635892_d9acqmwkaaoxmr_jpegd8babe1ea4f9d5bee2e694ea88570dd4

Apparently many nigerians went to school just to waste time n get d paper not the knowledge. The response or comments i see from some people here weakens my nigerianess if i have any left

This Internet rubbish is your own proof and not the so called server itself?

Your own knowledge is kabukabu knowledge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them by lilrel(m): 12:08am On Jun 16, 2019
I always tell people to forget about where they are and focus on tackling challenges that comes with being alive everyday.
Everywhere na street.
Re: Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them by Max8: 12:11am On Jun 16, 2019
omaigala:

Don't be fooled that video no rhyme, the talking and demonstrations are fake,the person talking is not the one press the card reader

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Commissioner Who "Resembles" Goodluck Jonathan Meets With Him In Rivers. Photos / Anambra Police Headquarters Axis Blocked To Traffic (Photos) / More Photos 4rm Boko Haram Camp In Burra Forest,Bauchi Captured By Soldiers 2day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.