Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,450 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots (9041 Views)

My Poor Communication Ability Is Killing My Relationship With Girls / Common Excuses Some Guys Give For Not Shooting Their Shots. / Lady Threatens To Tag Wives Of Married Men Who Flirt With Girls Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by IsiahRashad(m): 11:42pm On Jun 15, 2019
Today I met a girl and we got talking about different subjects, after a while she asked me what I thought about females coming on to guys they like and making the first move. Personally I don't see it as a big deal but the way she was behaving like it's a kind of abomination just made me wonder. She even said she'll prefer to keep quiet and let the "like" kill her than to make the first move. I don't know if it's a Nigerian girl thing because I watch foreign movies and see how ladies go after men they want. Most of our girls think it will somehow reduce their "value" in our eyes and make us not appreciate them, but it depends, it could also increase the value and make the guy respect your guts and determination. I tried to convince her that she could be creative about the method but she was adamant and asked me if it had ever happened to me before and how it turned out. I can easily recall two scenarios.

The first one was a couple of years ago, during my IT. There was this girl in the Quality Assessment department, fine as hell with fresh legs, we normally go through the eye contact routine and friendly chit chat but I was hesitating to take the next step. The first time was one day in the staff bus, the senior workers usually treat we IT students like junior level staff and after closing, the staff bus is always full, so we normally stand for a couple of bus stops till some of them get down, so I was standing with this my notorious friend and the girl was sitting down, next thing he told her to stand so he could sit and she'll sit on his laps. She said no that she wants me to sit instead. My eyes almost fell out of my face, lol. So she sat on my laps and I couldn't even ask for her number cos I was desperately trying to fight an erection, so as not to fall my hand. Then there was another morning I waited for the staff bus and it didn't show, so I took public transport and then entered bike to the company. When I arrived, I saw a crowd outside and the gate was locked. She was standing with one girl and they told me the workers were going on strike because of owed salaries. She then said, "I saw you standing at your stop when my bus passed, if only I had your number, I would have called you when I got here so you won't bother." She made this statement like three times and I knew that was the chance to get her number but all my mind was on the fact that I was freaking broke...I didn't have enough money to get me back home as I made a foolish gamble thinking there'd be work that day and I'll go back with the staff bus.
She then suggested we go back together that she wasn't even going to go home but go see her beastie who stays a couple of bus stops from my place.
I had to lie that I was going somewhere else because actually no money and I was thinking how I'll pay for our transport when I didn't even have enough.

Another case happened few weeks ago, I had an accident and was rushed to the hospital, there was this nurse always asking how I was feeling, when I was on drip...this and that. But I was on some serious painkillers and not really conscious, finally I was knocked out and when I woke up she was holding my hands and talking to me, paying me some kind of extra attention and my drug muddled brain was sort of confused if I was mistaking her professional courtesy for something else. I still complemented her that I was glad her face was the first I saw when I woke up. We actually gisted and after a while i thought she was trying to keep me awake and nothing more.

When I was about to be discharged, she came with her phone and collected my number. She kinda did it in a hurry, like she didn't want anyone to come in and see her getting it.
She messaged me the next day and we've been chatting since then and even set a date, under the guise of her coming to check up on me lol.

The funny thing was, the girl I was having this conversation with was still trying to shoot her shot indirectly. grin

We read some news although mostly twitter tales of how some women leave notes under the wiper of their crush's car, and are happily married today. Some are even extra creative that they'll make you ask them out without you knowing they did the asking.

Girls don't be afraid to shoot your shot, cos if you wait for some guys you could grow old.

So guys share your experience and how did it go
cool

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by lilianofentse(f): 11:51pm On Jun 15, 2019
I'm waiting for comments, **grabs popcorn**

1 Like

Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jun 15, 2019
Okada abeg drop me here!!!

*spreads mat* cheesy

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by Nobody: 12:04am On Jun 16, 2019
A creature (OP) who believes he's a man buries his head and hope in shame as he gives into despair. Everything he wished for hasn't manifested , all he worked for is in vain.
His patient Bitch has waited so long for the fattest bone, she's now thin. Man's best friend goes out to search for a creature she can call a man. OP is lonely and frustrated so OP picks a device with 2g internet, finds his way into a faceless forum and becomes a troll.

Op if you are willing to change your status in the society and make women of all races, shapes and figures worship you, you need to make money.

Op go and make money! Op chase money! Op talk Money. Op shoot money

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by Mypeople2(m): 12:08am On Jun 16, 2019
Well, I font have stories like yours Op .But I will gladly accept any presentable or well mannered lady that will be bold enough to say it or show me enough green light .However, some ladies will be showing you the green light but when you start approaching them, that is when they will begin to pretend or "form" again

13 Likes

Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by Unlimitk2(m): 12:10am On Jun 16, 2019
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by oboy81: 12:16am On Jun 16, 2019
Ok so why are you telling us this now?
You are feeling yourself? Starboy?
Girls be coming at you, it massages your ego it boosts your self your fragile self esteem?
Manufacturing fake Stories to Feel your sef
Noone gives a hoot!

1 Like

Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by IsiahRashad(m): 12:25am On Jun 16, 2019
oboy81:
Ok so why are you telling us this now?
You are feeling yourself? Starboy?
Girls be coming at you, it massages your ego it boosts your self your fragile self esteem?
Manufacturing fake Stories to Feel your sef
Noone gives a hoot!

I don't even come to Nl frequently. I had an interesting conversation today and felt like sharing it, I don't know why you're frustrated like this, but whatever you're going through, put your hand on the left part of your chest and say "All izz well"

Take care of yourself, and don't forget to drink plenty water, bye.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by IsiahRashad(m): 12:27am On Jun 16, 2019
Mypeople2:
Well, I don't have stories like yours Op .But I will gladly accept any presentable or well mannered lady that will be bold enough to say it or showing me enough green light .However, some ladies will be showing you the green light but when you start approaching them, that is when they will begin to pretend or "form" again

@ bolded, It's like they have this misconception that we must go through some cat and mouse chase if not they'll look "cheap"

2 Likes

Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by lilianofentse(f): 12:35am On Jun 16, 2019
Lemme get more popcorn..
Checks room comes back
Hey i just finished all the popcorn without a single gist from you guys. Y'all effed up.
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by CAPSLOCKED: 12:58am On Jun 16, 2019
IsiahRashad:
Personally I don't see it as a big deal but the way she was behaving like it's a kind of abomination just made me wonder. She even said she'll prefer to keep quiet and let the "like" kill her than to make the first move. I don't know if it's a Nigerian girl thing

THEY ALL SAY THAT SAME THING. "GOD FORBID". "I'LL SHOW HIM SIGNS AND IF HE DOESN'T GET IT ANOTHER GUY WILL.

THEN...
— THEY START DROPPING HINTS (GREENLIGHT)
— IF YOU'RE NOT COOPERATING THEY START GIVING YOU BAD ATTITUDE
— IF YOU KEEP ON TRYING TO KEEP YOUR LIFE GOING BECAUSE YOU TRULY DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT'S GOING ON, THEY START HATING YOU FOR NO REASON, AND FINALLY,
— THEY SWITCH TO CRYING, CURSING, AND ACCUSING YOU OF BEING JUST A PLAYER WHEN THEY FINALLY SEE YOU WITH SOMEONE ELSE.

ALL THIS INSTEAD OF SAYING WHAT THEY WANT. cheesy

26 Likes

Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by QueenSekxy(f): 1:03am On Jun 16, 2019
I pity any girl that frustration will lead to doing this to immature Nigerian men.

1 Like

Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by femi4: 5:34am On Jun 16, 2019
One thing I discover about girls that come to you first is that

1. They have manners

2. They respect and want you even with your flaws

3. They are not materialistic

4. They are quite intelligent.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by fayded(m): 5:39am On Jun 16, 2019
I have had some experiences of girls shooting their Shot,buh I will talk bout the most recent.
this happened on Thursday....

there's this girl in my area, I normally see her once or twice sha, so on one occasion in my way to skul, I entered the same keke with her, so I offered and said hello, we talked a Lil, and I dropped and left. since then, whenever she sees me, she must stop and talk.Buh in Thursday, she said me and asked me to come, I came a d after normal greetings and all that, she asked for my number, she was like "I'm sorry, I know u should be d 1 asking for my number, buh I'm doing the asking"...the statement weak me gan.and I get babe oooo, wey I like.
I gave her d number sha, ever since then, na she Dey call pass,and even started texting me with handsome and all that stuff.
she's fine oo, buh not that fine.cant leave my babe, biko

6 Likes

Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by happybee: 6:21am On Jun 16, 2019
Girls...
grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by anochuko01(m): 7:12am On Jun 16, 2019
I had been friends with this girl thats two years older. She was having a bad relationship and i advised her to end it, she did the following day. A few days later, she asked me "what do you think about marrying/dating an older lady?". I knew what it was about her plans so i answered "thats if their family agrees to it". Shes now married with a kid though, and remains a good friend.

3 Likes

Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by abdeiz(m): 7:25am On Jun 16, 2019
I have had three experiences.

The first was through a mutual friend who saw our picture together, she was immediately smitten. Decided to get my number and shoot her shot. I've never met a lady so direct, smart and knows what she want, no forming, no playing around. Tried to love her like she did but I couldn't. Had a mini emotional breakdown when I told her I couldn't give her what she wanted. Las las we still dey alright.

The second, I had her number for years but never made any move till one day we just clicked. I was wary of asking her out because of long distance and she's older though it doesn't show on her. She professed her love and I told her i felt same but I cannot marry her... another different story..... anyway she agreed and we've been cool ever since...no sex yet tho.

Third I was just on my own...gbam... friend request and she starts calling me her husband well I'm just playing her game for now... nothing to lose right?

5 Likes

Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by abdeiz(m): 7:31am On Jun 16, 2019
femi4:
One thing I discover about girls that come to you first is that

1. They have manners

2. They respect and want you even with your flaws

3. They are not materialistic

4. They are quite intelligent.

You're so right.

1 Like

Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 16, 2019
Some of them prefers SOCIAL MEDIA platform to shoot their shots.

I see this types of women as women that knows what they want and goes for it.

NB** If a guy does not accept your advances? It means he is not just into you. And not because you AS A FEMALE shoot the shots.

Majority of Women think they must get everything they wants. They can't fight REJECTION.

3 Likes

Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by ebonyggurl(f): 8:26am On Jun 16, 2019
abdeiz:
I have had three experiences.

The first was through a mutual friend who saw our picture together, she was immediately smitten. Decided to get my number and shoot her shot. I've never met a lady so direct, smart and knows what she want, no forming, no playing around. Tried to love her like she did but I couldn't. Had a mini emotional breakdown when I told her I couldn't give her what she wanted. Las las we still dey alright.

The second, I had her number for years but never made any move till one day we just clicked. I was wary of asking her out because of long distance and she's older though it doesn't show on her. She professed her love and I told her i felt same but I cannot marry her... another different story..... anyway she agreed and we've been cool ever since...no sex yet tho.

Third I was just on my own...gbam... friend request and she starts calling me her husband well I'm just playing her game for now... nothing to lose right?

This is one of the major reasons I don't support girls who 'shoot their shot'...if the guy doesn't like her, he won't tell her straight up that he doesn't like her...he'll keep leading her on...nothing to lose you say? For her to have built up the courage to ask you out, she obviously likes you and you can't even be honest with her...you wanna hurt the poor girl instead...yall should kwantinue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by Mypeople2(m): 8:29am On Jun 16, 2019
IsiahRashad:

@ bolded, It's like they have this misconception that we must go through some cat and mouse chase if not they'll look "cheap"
You are very correct. But it shouldn't be so.You don't have to prove that you are difficult, no one cares about that .I do not see any lady I am asking you as "cheap ". In fact you are very valuable that is why I desire you

1 Like

Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by Mypeople2(m): 8:30am On Jun 16, 2019
ebonyggurl:

This is one of the major reasons I don't support girls who 'shoot their shot'...if the guy doesn't like her, he won't tell her straight up that he doesn't like her...he'll keep leading her on...nothing to lose you say? For her to have built up the courage to ask you out, she obviously likes you and you can't even be honest with her...you wanna hurt the poor girl instead...yall should kwantinue
yeah you are correct .But do you know that is what you people do to us ?

10 Likes

Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by franchasng: 8:33am On Jun 16, 2019
IsiahRashad:
Today I met a girl and we got talking about different subjects, after a while she asked me what I thought about females coming on to guys they like and making the first move. Personally I don't see it as a big deal but the way she was behaving like it's a kind of abomination just made me wonder. She even said she'll prefer to keep quiet and let the "like" kill her than to make the first move. I don't know if it's a Nigerian girl thing because I watch foreign movies and see how ladies go after men they want. Most of our girls think it will somehow reduce their "value" in our eyes and make us not appreciate them, but it depends, it could also increase the value and make the guy respect your guts and determination. I tried to convince her that she could be creative about the method but she was adamant and asked me if it had ever happened to me before and how it turned out. I can easily recall two scenarios.

The first one was a couple of years ago, during my IT. There was this girl in the Quality Assessment department, fine as hell with fresh legs, we normally go through the eye contact routine and friendly chit chat but I was hesitating to take the next step. The first time was one day in the staff bus, the senior workers usually treat we IT students like junior level staff and after closing, the staff bus is always full, so we normally stand for a couple of bus stops till some of them get down, so I was standing with this my notorious friend and the girl was sitting down, next thing he told her to stand so he could sit and she'll sit on his laps. She said no that she wants me to sit instead. My eyes almost fell out of my face, lol. So she sat on my laps and I couldn't even ask for her number cos I was desperately trying to fight an erection, so as not to fall my hand. Then there was another morning I waited for the staff bus and it didn't show, so I took public transport and then entered bike to the company. When I arrived, I saw a crowd outside and the gate was locked. She was standing with one girl and they told me the workers were going on strike because of owed salaries. She then said, "I saw you standing at your stop when my bus passed, if only I had your number, I would have called you when I got here so you won't bother." She made this statement like three times and I knew that was the chance to get her number but all my mind was on the fact that I was freaking broke...I didn't have enough money to get me back home as I made a foolish gamble thinking there'd be work that day and I'll go back with the staff bus.
She then suggested we go back together that she wasn't even going to go home but go see her beastie who stays a couple of bus stops from my place.
I had to lie that I was going somewhere else because actually no money and I was thinking how I'll pay for our transport when I didn't even have enough.

Another case happened few weeks ago, I had an accident and was rushed to the hospital, there was this nurse always asking how I was feeling, when I was on drip...this and that. But I was on some serious painkillers and not really conscious, finally I was knocked out and when I woke up she was holding my hands and talking to me, paying me some kind of extra attention and my drug muddled brain was sort of confused if I was mistaking her professional courtesy for something else. I still complemented her that I was glad her face was the first I saw when I woke up. We actually gisted and after a while i thought she was trying to keep me awake and nothing more.

When I was about to be discharged, she came with her phone and collected my number. She kinda did it in a hurry, like she didn't want anyone to come in and see her getting it.
She messaged me the next day and we've been chatting since then and even set a date, under the guise of her coming to check up on me lol.

The funny thing was, the girl I was having this conversation with was still trying to shoot her shot indirectly. grin

We read some news although mostly twitter tales of how some women leave notes under the wiper of their crush's car, and are happily married today. Some are even extra creative that they'll make you ask them out without you knowing they did the asking.

Girls don't be afraid to shoot your shot, cos if you wait for some guys you could grow old.

So guys share your experience and how did it go
cool
why you are wishing ladies approach guys and possibly longing for it its because u think and believe its only those cute hottie girls will come to ask u out, wait until one panla looking skinny, ugly, flat ass chick pester u to be her boyfriend, until then, u will start preaching against ladies wooing guys, wait and see grin

Its not a bad thing at all for a lady to make the first move towards a guy she admires, but most times the relationship may not lead to anything meaningful because the girl most likely may never be the guy's spec.

But if luckily the girl happens to be the guy's spec,l and she behaves well too, then it will be the most beautiful relationship ever.

4 Likes

Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by abdeiz(m): 8:34am On Jun 16, 2019
ebonyggurl:

Hey don't take it the wrong way, she's obviously catching fun with me probably because she's bored.when I notice she gets too serious with feelings and I still don't have any for her, I tell her and let her go

1 Like

Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by ebonyggurl(f): 8:41am On Jun 16, 2019
abdeiz:

Hey don't take it the wrong way, she's obviously catching fun with me probably because she's bored.when I notice she gets too serious with feelings and I still don't have any for her, I tell her and let her go

lmfao.
Did she tell you that or are you just assuming? If someone starts coming onto you and you ain't feeling no vibes, fvcking tell them undecided....it sucks to lead people on
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by ebonyggurl(f): 8:46am On Jun 16, 2019
Mypeople2:
yeah you are correct .But do you know that is what you people do to us ?

Lolz. The average naija girl doesn't lead a guy on. If she isn't feeling you, she either tells you or becomes passive towards you

1 Like

Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by desvi: 9:29am On Jun 16, 2019
tohyorsih2:
Okada abed drop me here!!!

*spreads mat* cheesy

please, where do you have this picture from? it cracked me up. I can't stop laughing ooo ... my belle. cheesy grin
I was cooking .... cheesy
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by KingTom(m): 9:32am On Jun 16, 2019
ebonyggurl:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't turning her down flat, lead to a gross reduction of her self esteem?
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by chinchonglee(m): 9:37am On Jun 16, 2019
My own is my yoruba ex ooo.. she keeps shooting shots but i dey dodge am like matrix.

I still like my present status both financially nd emotionally. Make one nonsense person no come spoil am 4 me all in d name of relationship.

7 Likes

Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 16, 2019
desvi:

please, where do you have this picture from? it cracked me up. I can't stop laughing ooo ... my belle. cheesy grin
I was cooking .... cheesy

grin i got it saw it on Tunde Ednut's page grin

She cooked for four years shocked

2 Likes

Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by desvi: 9:39am On Jun 16, 2019
tohyorsih2:

grin i got it saw it on Tunde Ednut's page grin

She cooked for four years shocked

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Guys Share Your Experience With Girls Shooting Their Shots by ebonyggurl(f): 9:42am On Jun 16, 2019
KingTom:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't turning her down flat, lead to a gross reduction of her self esteem?

Lolz...so what's the solution? Date her out of pity? You still won't like her and you'd still have to tell her eventually....and by then, she would have invested even more feelings, making it hurt a whole lot more. Before approaching a member of the opposite sex, one has to put it in mind that the feelings might not be mutual and must therefore prepare oneself for possible rejection. The best thing you can do is let her down easy. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If Your Wife/girlfriend Is Not From Imo State, Forget It! (photo) / Ability To Fvck A Girl above Satisfaction / What Loosen The Pussy? Too Many Sexual Partners Or One Partner With Big?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.