Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,999 members, 7,835,363 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

What's The Foundation Of Your Relationship? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's The Foundation Of Your Relationship? (4869 Views)

Do Such Men Really Exist Or Just Laying The Foundation Stone. / Ladies, Will You Go This Far Just To Secure Your Relationship? [PIC] / Where Is Your Relationship Headed? Tell Yourself The Truth!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Foundation Of Your Relationship? by dominobaby(f): 8:59am On May 10, 2007
The foundation should rightly be friendship, however the relationship should be clearly defined from the onset!
Re: What's The Foundation Of Your Relationship? by donan(m): 2:13am On May 11, 2007
a relationship should be based on friendship and personal feelings. I dont see sex as anything in a relationship.
Re: What's The Foundation Of Your Relationship? by donan(m): 2:15am On May 11, 2007
relation should be based on friendship love and personal feelings. i dont see sex as anything serious in a relationship
Re: What's The Foundation Of Your Relationship? by debosky(m): 2:24am On May 11, 2007
sex isn't anything serious?? you're joking right? even if you're not having sex, it IS an important part of the relationship

sexual attraction cannot be completely removed and is a major part of what leads to the initial pull to the person

and if you're married, sex is Definitely a huge part of the relationship
Re: What's The Foundation Of Your Relationship? by monsieurp: 1:38pm On May 11, 2007
i feel u on dat one wink
Re: What's The Foundation Of Your Relationship? by thesilent1(m): 7:24am On May 15, 2007
lovemoney
you think sex is destroys the relationship!??!?!?!?!?! LOL! there is nothing really to say to that now, is there?
and you wonder why guys and sleeping around when their own women do not even know the importance of sex!

you are hopefully not in a relationship cos if you are then your partner had better have the same views as you (but your earlier post suggest that you have got a partner!!)

sex is important people, stop lying to yourselves!
Re: What's The Foundation Of Your Relationship? by kike001(f): 9:39am On May 15, 2007
its gotta be if he make me laugh
Re: What's The Foundation Of Your Relationship? by kike001(f): 9:41am On May 15, 2007
i get u sex might be important but its shouldnt be d foundation of a relationship should it? respect must come first follow by trust
thesilent1:

lovemoney
you think sex is destroys the relationship!??!?!?!?!?! LOL! there is nothing really to say to that now, is there?
and you wonder why guys and sleeping around when their own women do not even know the importance of sex!

you are hopefully not in a relationship because if you are then your partner had better have the same views as you (but your earlier post suggest that you have got a partner!!)

Re: What's The Foundation Of Your Relationship? by OmoEko1(f): 5:44pm On May 15, 2007
thesilent1:

lovemoney

you are hopefully not in a relationship because if you are then your partner had better have the same views as you (but your earlier post suggest that you have got a partner!!)

So i guess SEX is the foundation in your own relationship. hissing and rolling my eyes

I don't need sex to have an healthy relationship

SEX is just something that spicy up the relationship so people like you doesn't get bored.

Realationship should be based on caring, loving and honesty
Re: What's The Foundation Of Your Relationship? by Cashmoni: 10:42pm On May 16, 2007
there is a song that says "how can we be lovers if we cant be friends"been friends is the greatest foundation you can have
Re: What's The Foundation Of Your Relationship? by lonelyme(f): 3:22pm On Jun 03, 2007
i got married 3 years ago and i enjoyed my marriage for just two months,initially i thought i was at fault i became more respectful,made extra attempt to look good bought more sexy clothes and all.But it was going from bad to worse,my hubby began an affair,he abused me physically and sexually at every given opportunity and then i lost my self confidence.i did not have a job so things got worse for me financially.i am from a very comfortable backgrond and my parents did not want us to get married but i insisted.after a while i got a good job and people told me how good i look then i met this guy  who is so romantic and now i think am in love with him,my hubby is out of the country with his babe.what do i do?[color=#990000][/color][i][/i]
Re: What's The Foundation Of Your Relationship? by mellow(m): 7:58am On Jun 04, 2007
I knew I would not be able to marry a lady I have made

love to and I did not marry any of them. I married a Lady

I never saw her unclothedness until our wedding night and now believe

me your brother is getting all the love and sex that he needs.

@ Topic

Sex has not and should never be the basis of a true relationship.

If you make it the basis as soon as the sex urge goes down the

relationship grumbles. Although it is different from that of a married relationship

where the bible says they should pleasure themselves.
Re: What's The Foundation Of Your Relationship? by bigbaby(f): 12:36pm On Jun 14, 2007
foundation of me relationship is trust and love
Re: What's The Foundation Of Your Relationship? by Treasure27(f): 7:40pm On Aug 27, 2007
some guys make it look as though the only thing they want from any relationship is SEX, I dont have any relationship for now, though I have friends, I have someone right now but I get irritated whenever I hug him cos he's always hard and he tells me that he loves that why, gosh! it's not what I want after 2 weeks of dating I shoudl know yhou first and the sex and any other thing will come, really I want to marry not to become a sex machine.
Re: What's The Foundation Of Your Relationship? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 27, 2007
For me, it's trust, respect and mutual understanding.

Sex is just a bonus.
Re: What's The Foundation Of Your Relationship? by RichyBlacK(m): 9:30am On Sep 17, 2007
1. Mutual respect
2. Trust
3. Loyalty to one another
4. Common long-term goal
5. Shared humor and laughter
Re: What's The Foundation Of Your Relationship? by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 17, 2007
i based my past relationship on love,real love but i guess that wasnt the reason relationships work out.i never thought of sex initially and i can say it was the best relationship i have ever had with a human.we later broke up cus i was not ready/able for marriage but she still remains the angel that i will never have, i guess any relationship that is based on love if it survives,the couple will forever be grateful to God.
Re: What's The Foundation Of Your Relationship? by BASETSANA(f): 11:44am On Sep 17, 2007
love,trust and understanding
Re: What's The Foundation Of Your Relationship? by stoneman91(m): 1:43pm On Sep 17, 2007
Motives for  relationships vary, from people to people, there could be a causal relationships that have sexual relatioship going on there in, there could be marriage in mind kind of friendship and no sex,  Two people could be freinds and have diffrent motives in the frienship, so you can find more on friendndship on www.anakhu.com
Re: What's The Foundation Of Your Relationship? by thimbook2(m): 6:14pm On Sep 16, 2009
reciprocated kindness
companionship
love
understanding/patience
trust & oneness
Re: What's The Foundation Of Your Relationship? by pinkstar(f): 3:20pm On Sep 17, 2009
Sex is far from it,mine is based on true feelings,understanding and love
Re: What's The Foundation Of Your Relationship? by yme1(f): 3:57pm On Sep 17, 2009
mine is based on friendship and understanding

most of you that said trust, i doubt that one tho undecided
Re: What's The Foundation Of Your Relationship? by CutieBear: 9:03am On Jan 19, 2010
hello nairalander one fact remains that we av different reason why we enter into relationship mu relationship started as friendship and wen we eventually started datin i could trust,Luv n undastand him beta, sex isnt a bad thing as some see it as the fuel for there rlationship bt mine is based on undastandin,luv,sincerity,trust n good communication, no doubt there are ups n down bt d foundation dtermines it extent

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys, How Did U Feel The First Tym A Gf Complained Abt Nt Seein Her Period? / A Woman's Height / No Girl Is Worth Fighting For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.